TJ09

2012-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

darn, managed to miss the drop thinking it started on the 4th for some reason. :/

gonna see if i can trade for some using a holly IOU.

lol Second year in a row now I've managed to miss the new Halloween release now xd.png Oh well, I'll try again next year <3<3 Love the new dragons TJ

ah youre freaking kidding me... I was ready and waiting on the PROPER day and then it had to go and get postponed because part of ONE country was having problems, now I've missed out altogether

Why could it not have been left as it was, drop the PROPER time (and get most of the world out of the way) and a re run for those who couldnt make it, later in teh week when your weather systems settled down (would have been no skin off your nose since there are cap limits on these seasonals anyway). Would have given us a chance for once instead of competeing on laggy foreign internet with your local cable goers.

Man this is the crankiest I've ever been since playing this game.

You know you have people from all around the world who play, and it is not always clear when the drop times are, (perhaps consider making a chart that can go up that shows the relevent time). I thought I had from 3pm this afternoon till 3pm tomorrow in my time zone but I'm behind

Edited by 1976_michelle

I never had an egg die of sickness before. One of mine died so fast and I only added them to one hatchery. I've always been careful with what I do to raise them and 1 out of 6 died. I'd really like to replace the one that got killed. sad.gif I don't know what happened... I never had anything like that happen before with holiday eggs. I fogged the rest of them almost 12 hours ago and they're still sick.

The hatchery used by you seems to give way too many views, which isn't good for young eggs. I add them only to DragHatch for first 8-12 hours, then I add them to more hatcheries. Keep your eggs fogged until they're healthy, because I believe, except for D2tht, they already have all the necessary views/unique views to hatch, so you can wait with unfogging till Friday (except for D2tht). I hope all your sick eggs will heal.

I had sick dragons only in two cases:

1) shortly after grabbing one egg from AP - it received almost too many views, and my adding to DragHatch before it was removed from "previous owner's hatcheries" gave them too many views (it heals in 1 hour after fogged),

2) after I incubated some eggs and instantly added them to all the hatcheries I use (because they were still very young, silly me, for sure I kept them fogged for 12 hours).

Again, I say thank you to TJ and all the spriters and others who helped with the Halloween activity.

I never had an egg die of sickness before. One of mine died so fast and I only added them to one hatchery. I've always been careful with what I do to raise them and 1 out of 6 died. I'd really like to replace the one that got killed. sad.gif I don't know what happened... I never had anything like that happen before with holiday eggs. I fogged the rest of them almost 12 hours ago and they're still sick.

Sick eggs already? ohmy.gif Thank you for the warning! I wasn't aware that the new release can get sick so quickly (I had no problems with the other new releases). Although mine are still healthy I fogged now all of them. They should have enough views to hatch and I don't want to loose any of them.

ah youre freaking kidding me... I was ready and waiting on the PROPER day and then it had to go and get postponed because part of ONE country was having problems, now I've missed out altogether

Why could it not have been left as it was, drop the PROPER time (and get most of the world out of the way) and a re run for those who couldnt make it, later in teh week when your weather systems settled down (would have been no skin off your nose since there are cap limits on these seasonals anyway). Would have given us a chance for once instead of competeing on laggy foreign internet with your local cable goers.

Man this is the crankiest I've ever been since playing this game.

You know you have people from all around the world who play, and it is not always clear when the drop times are, (perhaps consider making a chart that can go up that shows the relevent time). I thought I had from 3pm this afternoon till 3pm tomorrow in my time zone but I'm behind

There was info on the top of your scroll, there is the forum you could have checked daily, and there's a lot of info about time zones...

I live in Europe too but I get my info in time and I check and recheck, just to make sure I did not miscalculate.

This game was created by one person living on the east coast of the USA himself. What do we know about his own problems? Maybe he did not have power/internet himself and had to go somewhere else just to post about the delay? Also we do not know, what percentage of players is situated where. There's definitely a lot more in the USA than in the rest of the world alltogether.

Complaining like you do makes you sound petty like a little child.

I had issues calculating the time myself, but some nice people on the IRC gave me some pointers on the correct timing ^^;; It's useful to check your times up against the times of other people first, it reduces the chance of human error.

Remember, if you missed the day of the drop because of the delay, there is this thread : http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=142910&st=0

And if you missed the drop because of Sandy, there is this thread : http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=142799&st=0

It's amusing that for the time being, no one needs gifts in the Sandy thread but many people still do in the delay thread.

I had two Halloween eggs to give away. I looked back thru the postings and chose two members who displayed the right attitude and were not fussing or complaining about the drop change, etc.

I don't see how anyone can put a game ahead of the troubles of people thru no fault of their own... ie Sandy... thousands are still out of power and fuel... I praise TJ's decision to delay the drop so that some of the people affected by Sandy might at least have a chance to get a Halloween egg.

It's amusing that for the time being, no one needs gifts in the Sandy thread but many people still do in the delay thread.

I think that was to be expected. Those that missed the drop because of Sandy might not have power and internet to post in the Sandy thread, maybe they will post in a few days. And as they might not have known that a special post exists, they might not have posted in it in advance.

All my friend's eggs died :C ALL.

Even though I didn't put my eggs in ANY hatchery, I've found out in the morning they were sitting on AoND. Whoever did it... No. Stop. Leave my babies alone.

I managed to get my 6 eggs(bred something earlier and decided to keep it), even though I had no internet, and had to use my phones WiFi tethering option. But, im glad I got my eggs <3

I also stopped posting my scroll around, and only post eggs in click sites when ER, due to a past history of people killing my eggs on purpose...

Sorry to everyone who's eggs have died </3

Even though I didn't put my eggs in ANY hatchery, I've found out in the morning they were sitting on AoND. Whoever did it... No. Stop. Leave my babies alone.

same here, all my eggs died and i cant remember putting them ina ny nursery :/

Now to see where to get new xd.png

All this talk of eggs dieing is sure making me nervous, I wonder why it's such a high death rate this year?

Exactly.

Damn it. I needed two, but I caught four without any problems. It was about 6pm GMT+1. When I checked four hours later, they were all okay. I went to sleep and when I woke up they had all died of sickness. I so much hate this.

OK, I put them on, like, 2 sites. But I always put eggs and hatchies there and there was never any problem with them. Why, DC, WHY? T_T

There's just about 10 times as many people watching the sites, so more traffic, more views. It's the same at all the holidays every year.

I'm so sorry for everyone who lost eggs due to sickness sad.gif

So far, all my eggs are fine, I put them on DragHatch yesterday, when they were a few hours old and just now to Silvi's Lair. I think it should be fine now.

I never post my holiday eggs in any Hatcheries until they are ER and I fog them or hide my entire scroll. Some people seem to think it is fun to kill other people's eggs... mad.gif

Edited by BlueIce

A tip that works for me is to wait at least one full day (24hrs) after getting the egg to put them in any hatcheries, and then after just check on them a couple of times a day.

Okay, for Holidays and new releases, you should beware how you use click/fan sites. During these times, those sites get more visitors, which means more views, unique views, and clicks. So if you leave it or go to bed, it can quickly get sick and even die.

And during those times, there are either a lot of jealous people who are doing it on purpose; or people who think they are helping you by putting them on sites. So keeping them fogged or keeping your scroll hidden should help this problem.

Also, these things can happen to your non-holidays during this time, so you need to be watchful from them. Keeping your scroll hidden or fogging them can save them from the high traffic that the sites will get or anybody adding your scroll to sites.

Here are some tips for during the Holidays/New Releases:

1) If you put them on sites, do not just let them go on there on their own. They can easily get a lot of views in a short amount of time. And if you go to bed, fog them, they can easily get sick because of the increased traffic on the fan sites.

2) If you don't put them on sites, but you are seeing them get a lot of views, you have a jealous person or well wisher. In this case, it helps to either hide your scroll or fog them before anyone has a chance to add them. Then unfog them when you want to add them.

3) Keep them hidden (fog them) until they are ERs, then put them on ER sites. Then fog them again when they hatch, and ER the hatchie when it becomes an ER.

4) Don't put them up too early. Usually a day or two will help prevent it from getting sick, but you still need to watch them every once in a while to make sure they don't get sick.

I think some people have already said these things, but hopefully this will help. wink.gif

I don't mean to rub salt on anyone's wounds, but why do so many people insist on adding their eggs to hatcheries right after catching them? If you add your eggs when they have 5 days left, they'll hatch exactly the same as if you added them at 6 days. Maybe there's just a compulsive need to get it out of the way, or something?

I'm eager to see the adult dragons, especially since my best hunch is that these guys are some sort of "spider" dragon. I'm hoping for something super creepy, oh yeeeah.