TJ09

2012-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Deeply saddened by all the eggs that died of sickness! sad.gif I'll be giving one of my eggs to a friend who lost all of hers. Don't know whether these eggs are more fragile than usual or if someone who thought they were helping went through and added a ton of people's eggs to click sites too early (not referring to the people who added their eggs themselves to click sites as soon as they caught them; *shudder* I hope most of you were able to pull them out once you were told that's a bad idea). Hugs for those who lost dragons to softshell!

And can't. Wait. For. The. Adults. <3

Edited by LibbyLishly

The suspense is killing me! what will these Dragons look like?

Worst time for me to go on vacation ever - both me and my friend missed the drop! I'm kicking myself for not finding SOME time to get online!

Look for a PM and I will give you one of mine.

I just noticed two of my Eggs had brilliant codes, one has FAT in and another had 404 in!

Just checked the codes of mine eggs.

c5ovX - it doesn't mean a thing in English, but in my mother tongue it sounds like a word "human"

DLOp4 - kinda sounds like "drop"

maLNm - again, in my mother tongue "little one".

Nothing good really, but I wasn't going after it at the time xd.png

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Sorry to hear so many people lost their eggs.

As a rule of thumb, when new release come out, I grab, influence, incubate and fog. Fogging prevents other people from messing with your stuff.

I waited 18 hours yesterday before putting them into a single fansite; after 2 hours, I removed and refogged them until just a short while ago. I will be fogging them again in an hour or so.

Once they are ER eggs, I will hatch them and refog until they are almost ER hatchlings.

How come so many peoples eggs got sick? I put mine on a fansite right away yesterday and they haven't gotten sick. Is it bad to put them on fansites right away? (I use Eggs around the World)

There is no reason to put them in any fansites right away. Especially with holiday releases. I would wait a minimum of 12 hours, 24 is better. Because if these eggs die you can't replace them. The chances are too good that they will get sick and may die. Also, remember that there is more traffic going though the fansites.

How come so many peoples eggs got sick? I put mine on a fansite right away yesterday and they haven't gotten sick. Is it bad to put them on fansites right away? (I use Eggs around the World)

It depends on the traffic the site gets. Lately EAtW has been rather low on the view giving. I put mine on AoND after about 8 hours with my scroll hidden and fogged them over night. I unfogged them again this morning and hid my scroll again. A good idea is to not have your scroll name visible on the egg's page as well. People won't be able to track it back to your other eggs or your scroll.

I can't believe yesterday I got this year's eggs, though I had to sacrifice some sleeping hours for them.

Now, to wait some hours until they hatch~

I can't believe yesterday I got this year's eggs, though I had to sacrifice some sleeping hours for them.

Now, to wait some hours until they hatch~

Sleep? What is that?

I caught 6 shortly after midnight; I can't wait!

I caught some nice codes:

user posted image

I really like the IOU95.

I usually wait about 12 hours before I post to a fansite. I put mine on one, watched them for about a day, then added them to a second. I also incubated them right before I put them on the first site.

I got a couple of fun codes, too! Mucky and delv(e)d, which I think are appropriate for a game call Dragon *Cave*. laugh.gif

I think you are pretty lucky if they haven't gotten sick this early.

EATW is normally a pretty intense site, and I only add eggs there if they're close to hatching time but needing more views. The same with Silvi's. I usually use a lower view site to start them, somewhere between 12-24 hours after catching, then add them to AoND for the last 24 hours, hatching and growing up at 4 days. I do incubate all my eggs, but often wait the first 24 hours before incubating. It's been a long time since I last had a sick egg.

I NEVER add 7 day eggs or hatchlings to any fansite.

Thank you all for answering my question. I took them off EATW and fogged them, just to be safe. I'll add them back once they reach 4 days. Thanks!

The rarer or harder to replace an egg is, the more I keep it fogged.

For irreplaceable eggs like Holiday releases, or 2nd gens from rare dragons (Tinsels, Spriters' Alts, etc), I keep them fogged until they're down to 4d6h or less. I'd rather ER them than take the risk someone will target one for a random reason and try to bomb it to death. Once they're hatched, I do the same thing with the hatchies. It only takes a few minutes to get an egg to hatch or a hatchling grow, and it's time well spent if it keeps them completely safe from sickness. ^^

Edited by jerusha

I placed all my eggs on EAtW and Silvi's yesterday. They didn't get sick in the least. Added them to AofND today since I didn't find their views were coming in fast enough.

The hatchlings look so pretty and I'm so excited.

I dont know what happened to mine exactly, all i know is that i did incubate them and didnt put them in any click sites, so its a mysterie.

Anyway, i would like to see an Candycane dragon anytime (could be nice)

Woke up this morning to find one sick egg out of the set, even though I've been VERY careful about where I post them and removing them if the view counter is going up too quickly... now that I'm reading this thread, I feel like I dodged a bullet in not waking up to a scroll of dead eggs. blink.gif Should have fogged them before I went to bed.

Condolences to everyone who lost their eggs to over-viewing! I'm betting, though, once eggs are hatched and people have room for eggs again, you can catch or breed something super-tempting, and trade for one or two. biggrin.gif

Good luck to everyone in hope that their eggs don't get sick tongue.gif

I only just realized the codes of TJ's dragons... xd.png