TJ09

2012-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

is there any signature badges that has the halloween egg for 2012 yet, like catcher, grabber, etc.????

The only one I have seen so far is the lagmonster one (in sig). Person who made it said it was free for anyone to use. smile.gif

I love the winged hatchlings! biggrin.gif Great classic dragon look with beautiful coloring. I hope the adults are similar!

My last marrow hatched so I finally have my 5 eggs! It's so sad that the graveyard is full of dead Halloweens. I've been watching mine all day and so far none are sick *knocks on wood*. I thin the problem is people are incubating them AND putting them in hatcheries right after they catch them sad.gif

I usually don't even put my eggs on hatcheries until after they're read to hatch xd.png

I really hope we get a bat-dragon of some sort; that'd be amazing!~

I left my eggs unattended for a while and unfortunately, one died. So here's a reminder to keep an eye on your babies.

In other news, the hatchies look awesome!

is there any signature badges that has the halloween egg for 2012 yet, like catcher, grabber, etc.????

These two were the last active ones according to my search:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108845&st=0

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=108845

No new ones, unfortunately. Guess we are just gonna have to wait.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

I would recommend not to put them in any hatcheries at all until they get close to ER... but I'm not going to mess with how you guys play DC.

I would recommend not to put them in any hatcheries at all until they get close to ER... but I'm not going to mess with how you guys play DC.

That's what I end up doing every time any of my eggs get sick.

user posted image

Here

[IMG=http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5981/catcher2012.png]

None of mine have gotten sick (Mostly because I don't even use hatcheries to gain views.)

I'd rather leave my dragons in my signature over at another forum I go to(Which gets just enough traffic for the eggs and hatchlings always).

It's sad to see so many of those halloween eggs dead though...I really hope those people end up getting some again before the event ends. :X

I hope I can cross these with pygmies. That would be so cool!

This is my first DC Halloween so all my other Halloween holidays are 2nd gen at least and I got a really cool Pumpkin X Crimson Flare. Based on the look of the hatchies it would be awesome to cross that Pumpkin with a 2nd gen female from a Dark Myst father.

It would be great to have another semi-pygmy. And (again, based on the hatchies) I'd love to see these checkered with Pumpkins.

To keep your eggs from getting sick and then dying you aren't supposed to give them views for the first 24 hours. They are at their most fragile state then.

I am happily locked with my six eggs. Thank you so much, TJ and spriters, for the new Halloween dragons!

user posted image

Here

[IMG=http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5981/catcher2012.png]

Thank You!!! biggrin.gif Got the internet back today and it'll be nice to stick this in my sig.

I think it's nice that every person online can grab the eggs, since it's so easy to snatch them up. The biomes are still full of the new halloweens, and there are very few people in each one of them.

I hope everyone gets egglocked with the new releases smile.gif

I happily locked myself within the 4 mins of the initial release (couldn't say so before due to the forum lag).

Why oh why does that hatchling description seem familiar to me?

I hope I can cross these with pygmies. That would be so cool!

This is my first DC Halloween so all my other Halloween holidays are 2nd gen at least and I got a really cool Pumpkin X Crimson Flare. Based on the look of the hatchies it would be awesome to cross that Pumpkin with a 2nd gen female from a Dark Myst father.

It would be great to have another semi-pygmy. And (again, based on the hatchies) I'd love to see these checkered with Pumpkins.

What is a "semi pygmy"?

I'm sorry for what may seem like a stupid question, but the eggs are dark purple right? Because on my aunt's computer they are black and we are trying to figure out whose computer isn't showing them right :3

I'm sorry for what may seem like a stupid question, but the eggs are dark purple right? Because on my aunt's computer they are black and we are trying to figure out whose computer isn't showing them right :3

Yeah, dark purple with light pinky/purple spots ^^

JUST remembered the release. I had someone distracting me. *stares at boyfriend*

Good thing I did; I happily grabbed 3 of the darlings.

I hope I can cross these with pygmies.  That would be so cool!

This is my first DC Halloween so all my other Halloween holidays are 2nd gen at least and I got a really cool Pumpkin X Crimson Flare.  Based on the look of the hatchies it would be awesome to cross that Pumpkin with a 2nd gen female from a Dark Myst father.

It would be great to have another semi-pygmy.  And (again, based on the hatchies) I'd love to see these checkered with Pumpkins.

*shudder* Oh please, no. Pygmies are fine, but I prefer holidays to be full sized since there is so much more that you can do with them. I do know that is just me though. *nods*

Since vamps can bite them it seems unlikely that they are pygmies.

Edited by Sir Barton

What is a "semi pygmy"?

Just mean the large egg. Pumpkins always felt like an almost in-between to me, but I know it's probably just a larger egg/dragon image to accommodate the more detailed art for a holiday dragon. Tiny images don't allow much fine detail.