loesje2004

Bad breeding Tinsels

I've had no tinsels for way over 2 - 3 months. Breeding various (around 10 or more) each week.

My last tinsel was like in July or something... yeah it was the last day of July that the last bronze tinsel of mine grew up... sad.gif I wanted to get some more bronze tinsels but they are like OMG I'm not going to make an egg for you!

tongue.gif And most of my tinsels have guaranteed pairs especially my gold tinsel female with a christmas and a gold tinsel male with a white and a few silver tinsels with holidays and a few bronzes with holidays too.

I've bred maybe 2-3 Tinsels since the breeding drought (including one today). I don't really mind it anymore though. It's nice not seeing tons of Tinsels in the trading threads, they were getting boring. XP

That being said, there are still a few lineages I would like to collect so it would be nice if they weren't breeding worse than Metallics.

Edited by tikigurl91

I've bred maybe 2-3 Tinsels since the breeding drought (including one today). I don't really mind it anymore though. It's nice not seeing tons of Tinsels in the trading threads, they were getting boring. XP

That being said, there are still a few lineages I would like to collect so it would be nice if they weren't breeding worse than Metallics.

Yeah, TBH I'm kinda glad not having everyone "this tinsel i have, want this tinsel" or whatever, they were pretty much in almost every trade.

Then again, I just wish they weren't being so difficult.

What is the reason(s) for the Tinsel drought? Does it have to do with a new set of Tinsels coming out so it's made that no Tinsels will breed until the new ones are out or what? Does TJ regulate the breeding?

Bred every tinsel on my scroll. Zip shinies. I'm still going to stick with my explanation back on page 8. Though it is nice not seeing the trade threads crammed with "Have tinsel of this lineage, want tinsel from this specific lineage".I was quite surprised when I returned to my hiatus and saw the results of the latest breeding attempt. I do kinda feel sorry for the newbies, looking at our scrolls, ogling at our "luck" with metallics.

EDIT: Also, looking back to earlier posts, I'd like to say considering the tinsel's official classification as "very rare" and the mechanics of the ratios, tinsels are NOT going to be common like they were again. They might have slightly more fertile spurts after a year or so of drought, like the alt blacks and normal metals a few months ago.

Edited by ForeverFlygon

Bred every tinsel on my scroll. Zip shinies. I'm still going to stick with my explanation back on page 8. Though it is nice not seeing the trade threads crammed with "Have tinsel of this lineage, want tinsel from this specific lineage".I was quite surprised when I returned to my hiatus and saw the results of the latest breeding attempt. I do kinda feel sorry for the newbies, looking at our scrolls, ogling at our "luck" with metallics.

EDIT: Also, looking back to earlier posts, I'd like to say considering the tinsel's official classification as "very rare" and the mechanics of the ratios, tinsels are NOT going to be common like they were again. They might have slightly more fertile spurts after a year or so of drought, like the alt blacks and normal metals a few months ago.

They are supposed to rather common -- they've bred like rabbits for months upon months, so why change now?

They are supposed to rather common -- they've bred like rabbits for months upon months, so why change now?

They are actually not supposed to be common, on the wiki they are classified as rare.

To answer your question about why they are changing now after breeding profusely for a long time, I'm going to go ahead and quote what I said earlier:

"I hardly see so much as a tinselfail, but I think I know why.

I remember when tinsels were first released, there were less than even forty, so even though their rarity is very high, tinsels produced tinsels almost every time to even out the ratios. Now, the ratios are caught up to, and tinsels are appropriately as rare as they should be, on par with the normal metals. Those of us with many tinsels were just lucky enough to be there when they were breeding like rabbits."

There ya go. Makes sense, no?

Holy carp, I had two spare slots so I decided to go through some of my tinsels. First on the list I bred my silver x RB (who I absolutely adore because... well... royal blue and silver <3) and they gave me a tinsel! ._.

One more slot, gonna breed some more.

/fawns over the pretty wub.gif

Aaaaand of course all the tinsels that really needed to produce eggs didn't. OTL

Edited by Varekis

just bred all my tinsels to day, and i didn't get a single shiny. :>

grats Varekis on your pretty! hope everyone else is doing well. c:

Ehh I had a gold and then a handful of bronze tinsels ready to breed today (like five or six or seven) and I was lucky when my last available bronze produced a bronze tinsel egg smile.gif

I bred a single silver tinsel last week, & a 7th gen bronze this week, both of which went to a new home. That makes a grand total of 4 tinsels I've bred since the breeding drought began.

Two Tinsel-kin and no Tinsels this time around *shrugs*

Bred all my bronze tinsels and got about 10 tinsel fails but no tinsels.

When I bred my tinsels a few days ago, I got one single tinsel fail tongue.gif

Nothing. :c. I've tried breeding the pretty ones (have no interest for the ugly ones) and still nothing. /will keep trying.

Why are the tinsels breeding so badly right now? Is it overbreeding or are they not breeding as much because of something else?

Edit :Sorry, didn't see that I posted here before

Edited by BlightWyvern

Mine used to breed all the time. But then came the drought and since then they have bred zip tinsels.

What is the reason(s) for the Tinsel drought? Does it have to do with a new set of Tinsels coming out so it's made that no Tinsels will breed until the new ones are out or what? Does TJ regulate the breeding?

Why are the tinsels breeding so badly right now? Is it overbreeding or are they not breeding as much because of something else?

Edit :Sorry, didn't see that I posted here before

It's more like there are ratios assigned for each breed. Once there are X number of dragons of that breed, the system stops producing them as much so they don't get overpopulated. Therefore, breed drought.

Tinsels were really easy to breed in the beginning because like, when they first were introduced, there was only a small handful of them. Compared to the more established breeds, it took them some time to build up their population. It's been like 2 years since then and given how much people loved breeding them (messy or otherwise), they've probably hit their rarity ratio thingy.

I hope that makes sense. x3

As for when things go back to normal... I think I recall someone once saying something about dragons over a year old being discredited in the ratio counts or whatevs. So like, the drought doesn't actually last forever though it can feel that way sometimes. =P (/shudders seasonals...)

ETA: Thanks, lizardtail! Must say, it's kinda odd seeing a chubby little tinsel on my scroll after all this time (not that I even have that many tinsels to begin with lol). x3

Edited by Varekis

i thought i saw someone say this is a yearly thing, Tinsels becomming stubborn. does anyone think this might bhave to do with the prep for new tinsles being released after christmas?

i thought i saw someone say this is a yearly thing, Tinsels becomming stubborn. does anyone think this might bhave to do with the prep for new tinsles being released after christmas?

This isn't yearly, and it's not prep for the new dragons -- there would be some sort of announcement, I'd think.

Yeah, last year when the next batch of Tinsels came out, there wasn't a drought like this. It's most likely just the ratios catching up.

Speaking of though, all Tinsels bred, but only one Tinsel-fail.