loesje2004

Bad breeding Tinsels

I only have one tinsel (an AP snag), and I breed her every week. I haven't gotten a single egg out of her, tinsel or otherwise, since July, although she was producing eggs pretty steadily before that. 3/4 of her offspring were tinsels, though, which seemed a little out of whack to me at the time.

I would assume that the tinsel rarity was screwed up by mass-breeding -- I mean, look at us all, still trying to breed them -- except that it seems like it's been really hard to breed ANYTHING lately, even commons to commons.

Oh well, that's Dragcave for you. I'm sure it will settle out. Or maybe breeding will just stay difficult; the ecology of the game is part of the reason it's interesting.

When an egg is taken from my scroll (waiting to be picked up), I'll breed all of my tinsels again. Last time I had 2 tinsels bred; one was inbred, one was messy but clean, 9g or something, and 6 tinselkins. Out of 30-40 tinsels I think..

2/58 tinsels bred

6/58 kins

EDIT: Just went and counted, I have 58 adult tinsels. Last breeding I bred them all to non-tinsel dragons.

EDIT FOR EGG! The second breed, I managed this egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/fO89o. Will breed the rest when I have eggroom

Edited by sunsteps88

Just bred all tinsels; 1 tinsel egg (see post above) and 12 tinselkins! Not bad...

Bred 10 Tinsels - 'no interest' or 'no egg' from every pair...

I don't get any tinsels when I try to breed mine. sad.gif It has been a very long time. I wonder when they will breed better again.

Out of all my tinsels that I have, I managed to breed ONE on the 9th. It was a silver and I was hoping to freeze it, but I was at work when I grew up! dry.gifsad.gif Now I have to try again for one I can freeze. I want to freeze one of every color.

I didn't even get any tinselkins from breeding. Only got the one egg.

Yay, nothing from mine, either. I've been so busy with school and such though that I've only have time to breed my IOU tin, but still.

One of my Gold Tinsels actually produced. Good thing is, it was a tinsel. Bad thing is, I was egglocked. At least it produced...

Since new prize dragons are on the way, perhaps Tinsels are slowly being bred out of cycle on the site? I'd be awful sad to see them discontinued. Though if this were the case, I'm sure we would have been informed of their upcoming retirement, so this seems unlikely.

One of my Gold Tinsels finally gave me a Tinsel egg! Sadly, it wasn't the dragon from whom I owe someone an egg, dry.gif but still! Tinsel! After months of drought! Now I'm trying to trade it off and failing spectacularly... laugh.gif

I finally got one pretty bronze, it was a 7th gen stair, but I couldn't even trade it for a couple CB hatchies. So stuff like that just takes away the enthusiasm to even try breeding them any more. sad.gif

-removed, the link to the silver tinsel since I traded it- Maybe tinsels are making a come back. I bred about 12 tinsels and got this cutie.

Edited by rubyshoes

I bred all my tinsels just before Christmas period and got 5 tinselfails. Still no tinsels, but yet more than I had obtained in the past 4-5 weeks all together smile.gif

My breeding of twelve also gave two sunset/rise tinsel fail eggs (but not tinsel fail harvests).

Was able to breed one Silver Tinsel, and about 6 Tinsel-kin. A lot better than it HAS been, but I'm sure there's a long road still to go, lol.

i think Tinsels are comming back as well.

bred all of mine, got no shinies but i got 9 TF's. one of which was a Magi TF from a very stubborn producer back when Tinsels bred like rabbits. so that made me happy.

ZOMG, I just got my first Tinsel egg since MARCH! Wheee! It's a 6th gen bronze. I also had 3 TFs this week from my 20 tinsels, 2 whites and a hellfire, so it was definitely an improvement (but seriously, I'm just stoked to see teh shiny again after so long)

im still short on tinsels myself (and obvs they arent wantin 2 make babies lately either) so if any1 is having bad luck trading one im interested =P

Edited by linda3.0

I bred all my Tinsels yesterday and today. Out of 110 Tinsels, I got 13 Tinselfails, and 4 Tinsels.

Better than zero, that's for sure! My first Tinsels since May! But still very frustrating, as my Tinsel-based lineage is on hold indefinitely...

I have yet to produce a tinsel egg. I only have three and one is badly inbred. sad.gif

Edited by KaelaBoo24

apparently people other than us r havin luck cuz i keep seein tinsels in trades (and today traded for a couple that werent high priced)

I finally bred this gorgeous bronze arrow from both Frilled lines. The first offspring I ended up trading for and regretting it long ago sad.gif They haven't bred for 5 months and I really wasn't expecting any of my tinsels to breed but this pairing did!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/h03ef