loesje2004

Bad breeding Tinsels

Is it possible it could be a breeding drought for almost all dragons??

Whats the point of having refusals if dragons are already sterile? xd.png

Whats the point of having refusals if dragons are already sterile? xd.png

To crush your spirit, of course! If you just get a not interested result, you still have hope. wink.gif

Glad to see proof of at least one tinsel being bred. Still pretty weird, though.

silver x neotropical = no egg

silver x moonstone = no egg

silver x pink = no egg

gold x vine = no egg

gold x deep sea = no egg

gold x terrae = no egg

bronze x white = no egg

bronze x autumn = no interest

bronze x stone = no egg

bronze x moonstone = no egg

wow, only one no interest out of all those tinsels. 0_o The rest is a whole lot of nothing.

Only thing I have much success in breeding of late is pygmy dragons. They're so small and adorable. biggrin.gif

The last time I successfully bred a Tinsel was the week before last. I also tried breeding my trios today and only got a pink egg (still good though!). All of the ERs seem to be void of Tinsels as well. I don't even have that many Tinsels to begin with so this is bad news for me sad.gif

My Tinsels always give me at least one egg, fail or no, despite the fact that I don't collect them and thus don't have that many. I haven't gotten any eggs at all these last two weeks, however, so I think you guys are on to something. XD Someone went on a breeding spree for sure...

its been a while since ive mass bred my tinsels, and actually i dont even steadily breed them each week. but i just tried every tinsel i own, and didnt get a single egg. personally, it doesnt bother me, but im sorry for those who need their dragons to breed right now. :<

Yeah, saw this thread and decided to try my Tinsels just to see... and I got nothing. Not even common Tinselkins. I'm not so surprised about the Golds and Silvers, they're not the best breeders, but my Bronzes are usually really reliable. Even they didn't give me anything. Someone mentioned Stripes: mine have been dismal too. I finally got a CB male on July 2nd, and despite breeding as often as possible, he's yet to throw an egg.

On the flip side, the Blacks have been breeding great this week, and one of my four Golden Wyvern pairs just threw me an eggy. Managed to breed a Silver a few days back as well.

I've been having trouble. Between Halloween and now, I got only one tinsel egg from The Bronze Queen, last week. It shouldn't take almost 10 months to produce an egg from a Tinsel.

Edited by PieMaster

Just tried breeding about a dozen, no eggs of either type from any.

You can't go rare NOW Tinsels, I just got a few of you whose kids are actually worth something! ;___;

Same here. I got a low-gen bronze after hunting the AP, with a stair-step that can actually be worked upon. And then Tinsels plunge...at least my progress on a CB Black breeding pair is seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. At least if my influence works.

my Tinsels have been stubborn lately as well. i breed mine regularly, and for the last 2 cycles have averaged 1 or 2 Tinsel/TFs per cycle.

I tried with all of mine as well, & not even a fail egg :-(

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one!

Same here! I bred all 40 of my adult tinsels and didn't even get a fail egg. Just 40 "not interested" messages. I even used fertility and bred one with a super-common Mint to see if THAT would at least net me a tinselfail, but no luck there either. I have a 100% success rate couple that has never failed to make an egg (tinsel or tinselfail) until now. This is really odd! huh.gif

Edited by Voardrem

:c. I want my tinsel babies to breed, and produce. How long do you guys estimate this drought will go on? 8p.

:c. I want my tinsel babies to breed, and produce. How long do you guys estimate this drought will go on? 8p.

I could never find a group or person that mass bred tinsels around the time they disappeared. Technically, I can't really say anything with facts supporting it if we don't know the exact cause.

However, I would give it a month or so before they start coming back. Despite being considered "rare", they usually have some strong breeding record and one mass breed won't take them out for that long.

I could never find a group or person that mass bred tinsels around the time they disappeared. Technically, I can't really say anything with facts supporting it if we don't know the exact cause.

However, I would give it a month or so before they start coming back. Despite being considered "rare", they usually have some strong breeding record and one mass breed won't take them out for that long.

That's quite true, but it still seems like it'd be the main cause.

I noticed it just today

For the first time since I started breeding my Tinsels, I didn't get a single egg, even the Tinsel x Tinsel pairings who bred like rabbits for months gave nothing.

I noticed it just today

For the first time since I started breeding my Tinsels, I didn't get a single egg, even the Tinsel x Tinsel pairings who bred like rabbits for months gave nothing.

I'm assuming we'll all just have to settle into the drought and patiently wait as several species don't produce any eggs. Which will make IOU tinsels incredibly hard to make.

/shoves 3rd gen tinsel into thee chamber of 'no breeding until drought is over'. e.e;

So glad I haven't been collecting IOUs on them as of late, only got a handful to get through left and if this is intentional and going to stay for awhile, I'll probably only trade future tinsels (if I do) on an already-bred-and-have-it-now basis. x3

So glad I haven't been collecting IOUs on them as of late, only got a handful to get through left and if this is intentional and going to stay for awhile, I'll probably only trade future tinsels (if I do) on an already-bred-and-have-it-now basis. x3

That's a great idea; I don't use IOUs because they seem too... 'won't ever get back to ya!'

ADP: Hey TJ, did you tell the Tinsels to stop being common? D:

TJ09: ADP, no?

^ IRC two seconds ago. So I'm assuming that this really is just another weird thing like the seasonals... ratios are so weird, been playing four years and I'm still confused, haha @___@

bred 17 Tinsels.

2 TF's

2 No Interst

13 Interst, No Eggs.

the two TF's were from pairs i hadn't tried since 7/25/12.

i'm gonna give a select group of mine a two week rest and see if they produce then; maybe their just over worked.

Do not despair, oh ye of little faith.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/d1W5q

I don't think anyone believes Tinsels have vanished entirely, they're just worried that they're going to breed a lot more rarely now. You might have managed to breed one--but there's quite a few people in this thread you have bred a dozen plus Tinsels and gotten nothing. That's what the concern is. ^^;

Bred another 25 or so tinsels and got a hellfire egg and a harvest.