loesje2004

Bad breeding Tinsels

ADP.. no sense of humor, Shamiir was poking a bit of fun

This is the SAME normal cycle we go through. Makes me giggle a bit every time when people start discussing how hard it is to breed, Oh no what if it's a glitch, what if they become hard to breed, etc.

Like as not the ratio's are off and the lack of breeding right now is just the ratio's fixing themselves. Just kick back, relax and get used to this, it will happen again.

Sigh...I usually don't mind the fluctuations of rarity the ratios cause, but especially with Tinsels I hope it goes back to normal soon. Even though I don't have lists for most of my Tinsels (thankfully, seeing how things have turned out) I do have some IOUs to fulfill and I hate to keep people waiting.

I'm surprised I'm not getting as many Tinsel-fails as usual either though...I have several Tinsels paired with common dragons and I hardly got 3 commons out of dozens of breedings.

This is the SAME normal cycle we go through. Makes me giggle a bit every time when people start discussing how hard it is to breed, Oh no what if it's a glitch, what if they become hard to breed, etc.

Like as not the ratio's are off and the lack of breeding right now is just the ratio's fixing themselves. Just kick back, relax and get used to this, it will happen again.

I have trouble detecting non-verbal humor when it lacks a clear punch line or smiley faces >:;;

I don't really notice ratio stuff often because all I breed nowadays are rares, and their values are fairly consistent. Thus when bizarre things happen (like the whole earlier turpentine/ridgewing thing and now this) and people are reporting literal dozens of failed breeding attempts when Tinsels are usually popped out faster than people can house them, it's pretty startling--since ratios are supposed to be based on the number of dragons about you feel it'd happen more slowly...

That is DC... Things aren't done in half measures. There was a glitch where golds and silvers were breeding like commons, Tj fixed said ratios and you could not get a gold for months after. That's just how it is.

hmmm as for sense of humor.. maybe it's just an old person thing as i understood the comment just fine without needing a smiley, go figure.

Edited by Trebol35

Hmm.. 15 tinsels bred and 15 "no eggs produced" as a result.

This is not good sad.gif

There was a glitch where golds and silvers were breeding like commons,

now thats a glitch i could support laugh.gif

heck, i'd be happy with gettign a Shiny from all my metals once a month; i've been breedingmy 2nd Gen Silver since April and he just now is gave me a Silver egg.

stingy little snot that he is. and don't even get me started on my 3rd gen Gold who has an IOU out on him. him and his lovely GW bride i built from cratch do nothing but laugh at my puny attempts to get ANY offspring from them.

Metals are literally a love hate relationship; but it makes every offspring you get from them all that more enjoyable smile.gif

Edited by Red2111

Thus when bizarre things happen (like the whole earlier turpentine/ridgewing thing and now this) and people are reporting literal dozens of failed breeding attempts when Tinsels are usually popped out faster than people can house them, it's pretty startling--since ratios are supposed to be based on the number of dragons about you feel it'd happen more slowly...

Actually, just from the few people that have posted here, we are in upwards of 500+, by my count, of reported failed breeding attempts. >.<

And that's just in this thread.

In the last week I bred all my tinsels and I got two commons, not a single tinsel and I have 66 tinsels, they have never ever bred that horribly.

Edited by littleblackdog

I actually bred 10 Tinsels last week, and not one, not even a common offspring. So they are being a tad stubborn.

Bred all my Tinsel x Tinsel arrowhead pairs last night and got absolute zero. I don't particularly need them, I gift 90% of the Tinsels I breed, but it makes me sad that I have no shinies to share. I am also waiting on a particular Bronze to be bred for me and I'm not holding my breath on it. Le sigh.

There was a three day period were Tinsels had next to a 0% percent chance of breeding. Needless to say people were a little worried they had been discontinued or their rareness had permanently changed.

Besides, the only drop this fast and big was the ratio fix for silvers, golds, and blacks, and for discontinues, so it seemed likely something big could have happened.

Now that Tinsels have been confirmed as breeding there is no longer need to worry over that. Though as common as Tinsels are in IOU's you can't blame people for being..."tense".

Discontinues are not going to happen without notice and good reason.

And I would say that the decline in breeding rate was somewhat slower than we perceive. Just everyone thinking 'bad luck' as the rate slowed and not realizing that it was the same for everyone else as well.

A month or so ago I was obtaining quite a number of lowish gen tinsels for both myself and friends who had not 'got into' tinsels yet. For weeks I have not had much choice, they have just not been so available. So my guess is that the rate has been lowering over some time.

As for gold and silver, they had a great breeding run a while back. The same times as all blacks were alts. Now gold, silver and alts have all got very shy.

But the breeding rates of even the commons has been poor IMHO.

Just the way the cave crumbles.

BTW, I didn't breed my tinsel.

As the first-born, it was gifted to me cos I gifted the parent....which I got as a gift from someone i had gifted, who got it for me from someone they had gifted...

Ain't dragcave wunnerful???

Ooops....I forgot to add a dozen smilies and an in the face punchline. Please insert as needed.

When a dragon Discontinues, becomes rare, etc you WILL know. Like the Frills and Old Pinks. There was no guessing or speculation. We were told of the change in status.

TJ maybe be mischievous but doesn't hide info like that. If they were to be changed to rares you would be told and it's not like you can do anything about it.

Usually when I breed my tinsels, I always get an egg. Just bred my three and didn't get a single egg.

When a dragon Discontinues, becomes rare, etc you WILL know. Like the Frills and Old Pinks. There was no guessing or speculation. We were told of the change in status.

TJ maybe be mischievous but doesn't hide info like that. If they were to be changed to rares you would be told and it's not like you can do anything about it.

I know that. Some of people don't know that.

And I think it was sudden. I haven't had "bad luck" until a little before the thread started, and I breed a tinsel every other day.

I know that. Some of people don't know that.

And I think it was sudden. I haven't had "bad luck" until a little before the thread started, and I breed a tinsel every other day.

My tinsels decided to be silly about a week before that, but whatevs.

Thus the reason why some of the older players are posting and saying it has happened before, Sit back and relax.

Don't know how to say this any clearer.

Shamiir, Oh good heavens hun, did you have to post so many happy faces? Now your post is just sickly sweet!!!

Yeah, definitely not a gradual decline. Last week I was breeding tinsels all over the place. This week, hit a brick wall and got one tinsel out of more than 70 pairings.

Seasonals seem to be picking up, though. I bred two PB 2nd-gens today after weeks of failing. Maybe TJ just rotates the "rarely breeding" species periodically. :-)

Hee! Yep, getting seasonals just about every time I try, but my dozen tinsels produced jack-squat this week. Somebody's tweaking the ratios; here's hoping it settles out soon so we can get back to breeding them successfully!

Just bred each and every single one of my tinsels that were off cooldown, and zero tinsel eggs, and one wrong-coloured egg out of ALL of them.

I've been having quite a bit of trouble breeding my Tinsels lately as well, which doesn't bode well for people on my Anzu lineage waitlist sad.gif

No eggs for about four weeks now, even with Fertility being used.

I don't always breed my tinsels regularly. But I've been trying a pair that had never failed to produce a tinsel egg for me, and have gotten absolutely nothing from them for the past 3 weeks.

I don't always breed my Tinsels

But when I do, I get Hellfires and Sunsets.

Yeah, I've had trouble too. I have lots of Tinsels, not a one was produced.

Add 5 more tinsel breedings with no eggs whatsoever for me.

These are all pairs that have bred at least once in the past.

More from me on Monday.