loesje2004

Bad breeding Tinsels

I am pretty lucky with tinsels this week - Bred a gold, two silvers and a bronze.

And mind you, that was about 250+ tinsel breedings ... but it's still much better than before.

Bred a bronze and a gold today - didn't want to breed any more....

3 Tinsel-kin today. Will breed the rest of my Tinsels tomorrow.

Bred about 20 Bronze and one of them spit out a Bronze Tinsel. Granted, it isn't the best lineage but it is my first Bronze since 2011.

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

Usually my Tinsels aren't too stubborn, but this breeding I bred quite a few and didn't get so much as a tinselfail egg. Probably just somebody with a ton of Tinsels mass-bred them lately, and the ratios are still recovering.

Selfishness...selfishness...I really disapprove of whoever has 10000000 tinsels and bred them all for themselves...*sigh* the 'ratios' have been recovering for months now, my siblings and I have bred all our tinsels, I have had a 100% failure rate, they have had an around 90% (produced 1 egg which they traded to me for a nebbie and an ice). Really, whoever the mass breeder is. Really? It's killing the game for me >.>

I have 2 bronze tinsels and a silver, how do you breed them to produce more tinsels?

Selfishness...selfishness...I really disapprove of whoever has 10000000 tinsels and bred them all for themselves...*sigh* the 'ratios' have been recovering for months now, my siblings and I have bred all our tinsels, I have had a 100% failure rate, they have had an around 90% (produced 1 egg which they traded to me for a nebbie and an ice). Really, whoever the mass breeder is. Really? It's killing the game for me >.>

Wow. What an insightful opinion into the tinsel situation.

Have you considered that maybe TJ changed the ratios, so that tinsels became a bit rarer again? They used to be really easy to breed. Too easy for my liking. Maybe TJ thought that too?

I'm pretty sure no single breeder has ten million tinsels and breeds them all for themselves.

Wow. What an insightful opinion into the tinsel situation.

Have you considered that maybe TJ changed the ratios, so that tinsels became a bit rarer again? They used to be really easy to breed. Too easy for my liking. Maybe TJ thought that too?

I'm pretty sure no single breeder has ten million tinsels and breeds them all for themselves.

I love your sarcasm. </sarcasm>

I have considered that TJ09 changed the ratios. It is actually how I believe it happened. It is quite possible. I am simply stating my opinion, IF the troll-mass-breeder-screwed-ratios situation actually exists. Now tinsels are harder/rarer to breed than I like it. Rares are meant to be hard, but I think it's a bit excessive now.

As for "ten million" tinsels, here, visit this page:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole

It will help you a lot.

Edited by beacker1160

I have considered that TJ09 changed the ratios. It is actually how I believe it happened. It is quite possible. I am simply stating my opinion, IF the troll-mass-breeder-screwed-ratios situation actually exists. Now tinsels are harder/rarer to breed than I like it. Rares are meant to be hard, but I think it's a bit excessive now.

It will help you a lot.

The issue is, if indeed mass breeding is to blame, it is a guilt that will fall upon us all. We all bred quiet a lot during the time when tinsels bred like rabbits, many of us to gift them (although there was a time not even gifting them were they desirable), to trade for other tinsel lineages we didn't have, etc. It is not a greedy breeding what we did, to keep them all, you would be surprised how many of my tinsels are AP captures, and how many of the ones I bred were sent equally to the AP for others to enjoy.

It is a pity what is happening, specially for those who have IOUs.

I actually stopped breeding them months before this draught since they became trade blockers and only bred them occassionally and only certain lines.

I started trying to breed again, to be honest, hoping I can trade for several things I need since now they must be very valuable.

It is a pity what is happening but if there is someone to blame, I firmly believe it should be us all, but I do not think there is a guilty person. Such is the dynamics of the ratios. It has happened with whites, blacks, striped and nebulas, all supposed to be common and hard to come by. My blacks breed once every 4-6 weeks, if I'm lucky. They were overbred to the point they rarely drop in the cave any more.

This has been an issue addressed many times but no real solution ever came along.

Anyways, I read somewhere the ratios get revised every 6 months, so either they will start breeding again or they will stay as they are now. It is a pity, I know, but I'm not sure tinsels were supposed to be all that common to begin with.

I have considered that TJ09 changed the ratios. It is actually how I believe it happened.

Selfishness...selfishness...I really disapprove of whoever has 10000000 tinsels and bred them all for themselves...

If you believe that TJ changing the ratios is why the tinsel situation is how it is, then why rant about someone who is breeding millions of tinsels for themselves? Those two things are contradictory. I believe that no single person has enough tinsels to alter the ratios by themselves.

It will help you a lot.

How very amusing. If you can use techniques such as hyperboles, you are obviously of a much higher intelligence level than me.

Why thank you. I wish I could say the same about yours.

Oh, and by the way, how is this whole tinsel situation ruining the game for you? You have FOUR tinsels. How do you think I feel with 42 of them?

Edited by TheGrox

Beacker, Grox. guys chill. we're all a bit aggravated at the lack of Tinsels atm, no need to get at each others throats about it.

Nighthowler put it best, its probably a combination of all of us breeding (and continue to try and breed) lots of Tinsels messing with the ratios as well as the ratio being revised. i've also heard that every 6 months or so TJ looks over and tweaks the ratios.

i also happen to agree that Tinsels were breeding way to commonly for how rare they were supposed to be.

we all know the ratios for breeds have been being tweaked over the past year. first the Seasonal drought that lasted for near a year, then the alt blacks, and Metals were breeding like rabbits, then the Harvest upswing in the cave, and others i'm failing to mention.

does it suck? yes. is it somewhat demoralizing? yes. is it infurating to have them not breed, espeically when you have outstanding IOUs and you make it a poitn of pride fullfilling IOUs? yes.

but this is just a game, and there is no reason to take things that serious. the ratios will reset and they will begin breeding again. just have patients.

Edited by Red2111

Beacker, Grox.  guys chill.   we're all a bit aggravated at the lack of Tinsels atm, no need to get at each others throats about it.

I don't mind the lack of tinsels, I like them being rare again, they were too common before, and now we're paying the price.

What aggravates me is when someone rants like that, blaming a single hypothetical person for the whole tinsel situation at the moment. I can't see how it can be such an issue for someone with FIVE tinsels in total. Yes, you may want tinsels, and you will get them eventually, when the rations even out a bit. They weren't so easy to get when they were first given out, but I didn't rant. You probably weren't here to see that.

Edited by TheGrox

Indeed.

The drought really stinks. I hope ratios even out soon. I have not gotten a single bronze egg (or any egg really) from my 2nd gen bronze tinsel for 3 months now and I have quite a long iou list for her x.x

After this list eventually clears I probably won't accept ious on her anymore with how hard tinsels are to breed currently.

If you believe that TJ changing the ratios is why the tinsel situation is how it is, then why rant about someone who is breeding millions of tinsels for themselves? Those two things are contradictory. I believe that no single person has enough tinsels to alter the ratios by themselves.

How very amusing. If you can use techniques such as hyperboles, you are obviously of a much higher intelligence level than me.

Why thank you. I wish I could say the same about yours.

Oh, and by the way, how is this whole tinsel situation ruining the game for you? You have FOUR tinsels. How do you think I feel with 42 of them?

I was simply stating my opinion and you replied with sarcasm. "What a thoughtful insight..." that is obviously mocking my opinion. If you don't like my opinion/rant, then please say so in a civilized and polite way and not disrespect me by mocking me sarcastically. I apologize if I have offended you in some obscure way that I cannot find with my rant, but you are not taking it well and you have instead chosen to mock me and use excessive sarcasm. Please be mature.

"If you believe that TJ changing the ratios is why the tinsel situation is how it is, then why rant about someone who is..." Now that I look at it, I do believe no one person has the amount of tinsels to change the ratios. I did not have the knowledge back then. Further after your sarcastic/hostile reply to my post I did some researching on DC ratios and how they work, and I have realized they are not affected by breeding as much as TJ manually resetting them/changing them.

So I would appreciate you getting off my back about "10 million tinsels". I was less knowledgable back then and thought ratios would be severely impacted by "rabbit-style" or mass-breeding. Don't make a big deal of that hyperbole.

"How very amusing. If you can..." Okay. That is just... I'm not going to reply to that, and you know why. First, it will be off topic. Second, I do not wish to take this hostile conversation any further. If you want to make another condescending or sarcastic remark, go ahead, but I will not reply because I do not wish to turn this thread into a flame-war.

"Why thank you. I wish..." Again. Really. I might not have been all that nice, but you're taking your sarcasm and hostility to a new level. I posted my rant/opinion about tinsels breeding. If you don't agree there's no need to do that. If you are offended then the correct way to deal with it is to politely tell me or PM me and I will apologize but instead you resort to mocking me.

I don't know how you feel with 42 of them, as I am not you.

Thank you Red2111 for the suggestion, though I was never very angry at TheGrox, only offended that he responded in that sarcastic way. If he feels hurt by my rant he can tell me with a PM or politely here. But there's no need for sarcasm like what he did.

EDIT: "What aggravates me is when someone rants like that, blaming a single hypothetical person for the whole tinsel situation at the moment. I can't see how it can be such an issue for someone with FIVE tinsels in total. Yes, you may want tinsels, and you will get them eventually, when the rations even out a bit. They weren't so easy to get when they were first given out, but I didn't rant. You probably weren't here to see that."

Now I know why you were raging so hard. Why didn't you tell me? I was not aware that I hurt you. I wasn't blaming anyone in general. Also, I did not know that much about ratios at the time and I thought by breeding "10 million" tinsels you could literally crash the ratios. I do not actually want tinsels beyond trading, I am not fond of them as they breed too commonly. When I ranted I did not know that knowledge and while I agree I wasn't very nice, you were excessively mean in reply. Instead of PMing me to tell me I offended you, so I could apologize, you instead resort to mocking me sarcastically across this thread that is discussing tinsels and not rage-faic posts. I don't want this to be a drama, so stop. If you want to have that attitude, that's fine, I will not reply to you anymore as I do not wish to turn this into a flame-war. If I aggravated you, I am sorry, as I was not very well-educated on the subject when I posted the rant, but hitting back at me and rage-faicing isn't the right way to deal with it.

Edited by beacker1160

http://dragcave.net/lineage/XvWiB

I have only recently gotten my first tinsel,

bred 5 times, results: 2 of those nebula eggs.

that's far more than my golds or gws have ever given me... So I am happy.

Otoh, I have still open ious for two more tinsels, which date back to august.

I've been lucky and managed to breed two silver tinsels in the past few weeks...but I used holiday partners. I think TJ changed the ratios as well. Because, think about it, if tinsels are supposed to be rare and given out as prizes, making them really easy to breed just makes them really common and a prize for doing nothing.

Edited by Keekeecat

This past week I only bred two of my tinsels, because I owe someone offspring from

both of them. I got wrong-coloured eggs from both of them. I do think this is a bit of

an improvement, because for a looong time, I wasn't getting any eggs at all.

My opinion: TJ hasn't tweeked the ratios.

Originally I thought that might be the case, but back when the drought first manifested itself, he was asked if he tweeked the ratios, and he said he didn't. I believe him. No big deal, but there it is.

But I do think TJ has a formula built into this game we play, which periodically re-adjusts the ratios based on such things as total number of dragons and number per breed, rares vs. commons, and a number of other factors. I don't know what the formula is, nor do I want to know. I think sometime soon the ratios will again be automatically re-adjusted, and tinsels will again be breedable, though rare. Some other breed may go very rare, or become more common. And we will adjust, and the game will go on.

I'm constantly amazed at the intricacies of this site, all the stuff in the background that TJ has done, which continues to hold us in thrall to the dragons on our scrolls, breeding, trading, lineages, and all the rest. TJ, speaking to you personally, thanks for my dragons, and all the fun and social interaction I've gotten from your site. smile.gif

And the rest of you? Thanks for sharing this obsession with me. laugh.gif

Edited by snave

My opinion: TJ hasn't tweeked the ratios.

Originally I thought that might be the case, but back when the drought first manifested itself, he was asked if he tweeked the ratios, and he said he didn't. I believe him. No big deal, but there it is.

But I do think TJ has a formula built into this game we play, which periodically re-adjusts the ratios based on such things as total number of dragons and number per breed, rares vs. commons, and a number of other factors. I don't know what the formula is, nor do I want to know. I think sometime soon the ratios will again be automatically re-adjusted, and tinsels will again be breedable, though rare. Some other breed may go very rare, or become more common. And we will adjust, and the game will go on.

I'm constantly amazed at the intricacies of this site, all the stuff in the background that TJ has done, which continues to hold us in thrall to the dragons on our scrolls, breeding, trading, lineages, and all the rest. TJ, speaking to you personally, thanks for my dragons, and all the fun and social interaction I've gotten I've gotten from your site. smile.gif

And the rest of you? Thanks for sharing this obsession with me. laugh.gif

I have to agree with you on this.

Thus far it seems that all of the "droughts" happened after a sustained influx of that dragon. I mean i knew that tinsels were supposed to be rare but mine were giving me a tinsel ever other week if not weekly. The only reason I belive it took so long for the rarity drought to hit was because all of these dragons were coming from i think 60 original dragons. so it would take years to even out the ratio we were just unlucky for it to hit now.

One Tinsel-kin egg here. Have the rest to try tomorrow.

And yes, I'm pretty sure the drought is from the Tinsels breeding like rabbits. The ratios just caught up to where their place would be in the DC universe. DC=DragCave NOT the comic books, lol.

Lol oh god, not even a tinselkin here in a while tongue.gif

My dragons either just look at each other or produce no egg as of lately tongue.gif

Been trying to breed my friend a tinsel, but no luck xd.png

bred all my metals and my tinsles today.

no Metals, 1 TF and 1 shiny silver tinsle that is for an outstanding IOU!!

YATTA!!

27 silver tinsels bred, with 9 eggs resulting. None were tinsels, but at least they are breeding. A 1/3 breeding success rate isn't too bad, but I sure would like a tinsel once in a while. smile.gif