loesje2004

Bad breeding Tinsels

Add 5 more tinsel breedings with no eggs whatsoever for me.

These are all pairs that have bred at least once in the past.

More from me on Monday.

I just wnat to know when the ratios will stop being so evil to us. |D. I see a lot more tinselfails than tinsels, lately, but that's cool, keep snagging lovely babies like; http://dragcave.net/lineage/V1mtO. Not all bad, but still rather upsetting.

2nd week. No tinsels. Ratios, thy name is pfffffffffffffffffft.

I wanted some to freeze and gave it a shot at breeding all my prize dragons. I bred about 55 before I gave up. I got one pebble, a flamingo, and a hellfire egg. So now I can't even use them to get instant magis, which is sad. I did manage to breed a silver for some reason though. It's semi messy, but it's still a silver.

I bred about 60 of them yesterday, got 2 tinsel fails and no tinsels.

Bred all of mine and only got one tinsel fail.

I guess the mass breeding of tinsels over the past year since the first tinsels were released, has finally caught up with us. Maybe tinsels will be very rare from now on. sad.gif Just like the blacks and springs for a while.

While I don't owe any IOU's, I am owed some.

Edited by Dubious

Four more -- nothing. This is terrible.

Am I the only one here who doesn't understand ratios at all? I've been playing this game for four years and I still don't... I just fail to see how one person going on a breeding spree (or any other single event) could so suddenly and drastically affect a breed's availability.

I highly doubt one person breeding would cause a cease in all breeding. That's just ridiculous. People mass breed other types all the time. You don't see a cutoff the next day.

Then you get someone else who suggests "It's our own faults for breeding them too much". Well, I'd agree with it IF there was a gradual decline. There wasn't. Also, compared to the amount of other dragons in total, tinsels still fall short in numbers.

(Mind you I'm not trying to start any type of argument here, because honestly..I don't understand how these ratios work. It seems like it's either bounty or bust anymore when it comes to breeding. It would be much easier to understand if there were gradual dropoffs.)

I went through over a hundred tinsels over the course of three - four days last week & bred exactly one silver tinsel. I've bred a few that have come off cooldown so far & this time have not managed even a fail egg. With the shift in egg production, I think I'm just going to sit on the rest until this drought is over, which will take who knows how long.

I miss my shiny babies & miss dropping random nice ones in the AP. sad.gif

Am I the only one here who doesn't understand ratios at all? I've been playing this game for four years and I still don't... I just fail to see how one person going on a breeding spree (or any other single event) could so suddenly and drastically affect a breed's availability.

It's not one person, it's many. I'm also guilty of breeding the sucker, but mostly bronzes. I had gotten a magi lineage with a bronze and I had fun breeding it and keeping everything it made. I honestly think the ratios work as people think, but I think there's a system check only so often such as twice yearly. If a dragon is overpopulated it will continue to overpopulate until there is a "check" once that check happens the system probably sees there are way to many of one dragon and all but halts those dragons being born...until another check six months later. This would kinda explain the almost instant changes happening and the sudden burst of things being "better". It also might help explain the longs waits between the ups and downs.

It's not one person, it's many. I'm also guilty of breeding the sucker, but mostly bronzes. I had gotten a magi lineage with a bronze and I had fun breeding it and keeping everything it made. I honestly think the ratios work as people think, but I think there's a system check only so often such as twice yearly. If a dragon is overpopulated it will continue to overpopulate until there is a "check" once that check happens the system probably sees there are way to many of one dragon and all but halts those dragons being born...until another check six months later. This would kinda explain the almost instant changes happening and the sudden burst of things being "better". It also might help explain the longs waits between the ups and downs.

This definitely makes sense to me and could explain a lot

This definitely makes sense to me and could explain a lot

+1. A check that only runs at scheduled long intervals, or whenever TJ happens to trigger it manually, would make sense. This was definitely not a case of slow change.

As for the data, I just tried breeding a dozen tinsels, and got exactly one white egg and one nebula egg. Perhaps the ratios could be tweaked just a little bit towards breedability?

I thought maybe the change was gradual. I mean, I have stopped breeding tinsels mostly, although sometimes, like once a month perhaps, I would breed 2 or 3 pairs and drop them to the AP as gifts for others. Every so often I would get no egg, or a tinselfail, when last year, around this very same month, the few tinsels I had bred like rabbits and mostly tinsel eggs. I gave it no importance, even my terraes are being a little picky and they are super common.

Maybe the change was gradual and every one of us didn't really think much about it.

Although Wookie's theory makes a lot of sense too. I have heard about the ratios checking every X amount of time, although I had no idea how that worked. Maybe that's what happened, the ratios checked and decided tinsels were way over the ratios and that caused this whole situation.

Whatsoever, we have been overbreeding them, either out of fun, to gift away, for trading, or to create new lines. I'm not sure if tinsels are supposed to be uncommon, common or rare, but even if they are supposed to be common, so are striped, blacks and whites. My whites give me eggs rather often, but they seldom drop more often than an uncommon like a magma. Blacks and striped give me eggs when they are in the mood, sometimes it takes several weeks to get a single egg from them. Took me a year after the black striped release to have all colors, breeding them often and keeping all offspring for more chances.

Certain dragons get so popular for whichever reason that we, the players, turn them into rares by mass breeding them.

Now, this makes me wonder. With them breeding so badly, will their value go up?

I didn't see this with vampires, but who knows. Maybe F-Bomb lineages will be desirable again. tongue.gif

I just bred around 170 tinsel adults and what did I get?

... Nothing but about 10 tinselfails.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. I thought these were supposed to be common. I really doubt they could've gone over in numbers from being overbred - these are still relatively new to the ratios compared to the majority of other dragons.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. I thought these were supposed to be common. I really doubt they could've gone over in numbers from being overbred - these are still relatively new to the ratios compared to the majority of other dragons.

170 tinsels has added to that number, and it doesn't take very long for the ratios to pick up on how many are in the system and figure out what to do about it. It might be abrupt, but it happens. /stares at sudden blacks in the ap and then a drought the next day.

Wow, the tinsels switched from super common to super rare... when did this happen?

Wow, the tinsels switched from super common to super rare... when did this happen?

Very suddenly. Like, I personally noticed it a few days (week?) before this thread was created. By the time it was created, most people who bred tinsels had caught on or already had. But yeah, there was no gradual slide. It was like someone snapped their fingers and it all poofed.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Varekis

Very suddenly. Like, I personally noticed it a few days (week?) before this thread was created. By the time it was created, most people who bred tinsels had caught on or already had. But yeah, there was no gradual slide. It was like someone snapped their fingers and it all poofed.

Edit: Typo.

hmmm... like happened with the Seasonals in February? One day breeding fine, the next nothing, NADA for MONTHS. Sympathy & good luck to all Tinsel breeders...

Eeeyup. I came back from hiatus, ready to breed for IOUs I owe, and now I'm getting nothing. >_>

Quite aggravating to say the least.

30+ tinsels. 1 autumn egg. Nice. dry.gif

*votes to rename this thread "No breeding Tinsels"*

Just tried all these again. Got maybe 3-4 tinsel fails.

3rd week in a row where I produce nothing from my Tins (didn't breed the messy ones though.. don't wanna take that slot from a pretty lineage xd.png)

geezz... but maybe that will boost their rarity a little now? ^^" As their production rate is as low as the original metallic ones now hehe

They'll still be uncommon, at the end of the day, Belisar. But I hope this doesn't last. I have some lovely 4g tinsels I would enjoy gifting.