loesje2004

Bad breeding Tinsels

I had to ask in irc if anyone knew anything about the breeding-ratios for the tins, as i havent been able to get an egg from mine for weeks.

They directed me into here, so im just putting in my two cents down as well...

I have quite a list of tins, and they have been too stubborn for several weeks now, all of them.

I can reproduce this as well. Since July 27th, I haven't bred a single Tinsel egg. I have about 50 tinsels that I breed on a regular weekly basis. We are definitely experiencing a tinsel draught, quite anoying as it puts basically any lineage progression at a halt (although not as annoying as having waited for a full year to get a Spring to continue a lineage and then seasonal breeding goes to absolute zero during the entire Spring season xd.png). But I guess it will wear over at some point.

I agree, I had a few IOUs that I was going to fufil, and then tinsels were being rude! Not even Tinselkins!!! Sadly, I lost my IOU llist *ughhh still mad for that Dx* but today alone I saw 3 nice lineaged tinselkins in the AP that i couldnt pick up. Just like the springs... They'll pick up c:

They'll still be uncommon, at the end of the day, Belisar. But I hope this doesn't last. I have some lovely 4g tinsels I would enjoy gifting.

Yahhh, probably xd.png

Well I'm just sorry for my lister, who have to wait even longer now for their shinies v.v I'm on some lists too.. Tinsel really love to sabotage us all. hehe

What annoyes me most is, that I cannot continue my lineage projects with them. I have planned on some pretty tombstones... But with no shinies produced.. mehhhh

Auuugh. I'm having the same trouble -- no Tinsels for the past month.

It's really disappointing; I have a few IOUs, but mostly it's just that I like to glomp people with pretty Tinsels, plus I'm working on a Tinsel lineage that starts with descendants of each of the original Tinsels. It's taken me SO long just to get to this point, and now I can't get any further until 6 of my Tinsel pairs breed. Even then, I have to wait for the proper color from some of them.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Did the Seasonals ever start breeding well again? I couldn't get a single one for 2/3 of Winter or all of Spring!

They either breed like crazy or don't breed at all. It happens now and then for me. I haven't bred a single tinsel this month and I'm starting to wonder when I can use a tinsel egg to trade for something better. tongue.gif

If I didn't know that eventually, they'd breed like commons again, I'd release every single darn one of mine. Seriously, this is week #4 for my more prolific tinsels, and we won't even discuss Rocky, who is my beloved bronze x stone spiral that has NEVER given me offspring in the entire 6 weeks I've had him.

After breeding 4 tinsels I got no egg from them at all.

Edited by Darth Krande

It's just the ratios are out of wack, I think. I got the impression that tinsels were supposed to be fairly rare to begin with, but people were breeding a ton of them so the success rate has probably gone way down to compensate.

Something very similar happened with the vampires about a year(?) ago with all of a sudden most bites resulting in a killed egg.

Since my first post in my thread, i've managed to breed... maybe 1-2 tinselkins, and no tinsels. So basically, i'm not having a good tinsel breeding time. With Halloween coming up i'm really wanting to breed a tinsel on that day, but given the ratios it probably won't happen.

During my last breeding, I only got one nocturne egg out of the lot I bred for outstanding commitments/IOUs.

I'm breeding mine with long lineaged metals. They produce more metals than they do tinsels, xd.png

What I find curious is that, unlike the Seasonals during their rare period, the Tinsels also seem to be crippling their breeding PARTNERS. It's one thing to get nothing but Tinselfails from breedings... it's quite another to get nothing at all, especially when a lot of the things I'm breeding with usually breed very well (Whites, Terraes, Sunsets, etc).

I just bred every single breedable tinsel and not one of them produced an egg. EVERY LAST BREEDABLE TINSEL WAS BRED D:<

I had it a bit better, but it's still pretty bad. Out of 39 Tinsels (that number includes all three colours,) I got two Tinsel-kin and one 8th gen Bronze Tinsel.

To be honest though, I don't miss them breeding like rabbits. I was getting pretty tired of seeing trades with nothing but Tinsels. Tinsels here, Tinsels there, Tinsels Tinsels everywhere!! It would be nice if they bred a little bit better, since there are a few people I know that are still waiting to breed for IOUs or have IOUs fulfilled.

We shall just have to wait until the ratios settle again smile.gif

I still want several more bronze and gold (maybe) tinsels so they would be almost even with the silvers which I have about 25 - 30 of. They make a nice scroll ornament too xd.png

But most of my pairs were success tested so.... sad.gif

I just dont need the silvers anymore but I could always gift them to unlucky newbies who wont find anything now that tinsels are so much harder to breed. But I still want more bronzes and silvers and gift them to my friends sad.gif I was planning on handing out a few for christmas.

Edited by gjhhhhhh

To be honest though, I don't miss them breeding like rabbits.  I was getting pretty tired of seeing trades with nothing but Tinsels.  Tinsels here, Tinsels there, Tinsels Tinsels everywhere!!  It would be nice if they bred a little bit better, since there are a few people I know that are still waiting to breed for IOUs or have IOUs fulfilled.

We shall just have to wait until the ratios settle again smile.gif

I totally agree. I don't like Tinsels that much, but I do wish my one pair would breed, as they have not produced any egg yet... I guess it doesn't help that his mate is a Thunder, and they haven't really been breeding well (for me, anyways) xd.png

I totally agree. I don't like Tinsels that much, but I do wish my one pair would breed, as they have not produced any egg yet... I guess it doesn't help that his mate is a Thunder, and they haven't really been breeding well (for me, anyways) xd.png

I'm so tempted to breed my tinsels with silver, just because I'm really struggling to fulfill various gifting requirements. x.x;

My Tins are breeding poorly as well - out of close to 40 of my pairs, I got 3 Tinselkins and no shinies whatsoever. It looks they got the Seasonal's bug... hopefully they'll get over it soon enough. smile.gif

Still haven't gotten an egg for 2 months straight... my complicated Tinsel-based lineage is at a dead standstill. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

As i am bored, I am working through my Tinsel list...

Gold Tins [20 breedings]:

* 2 Tinselfails [Terrae and Sunsong]

Silver Tins [31 breedings]:

* 1 Tinselfail [Pink]

Bronze Tins [47 breedings]:

* 2 Tinselfails [Hellfire, Red]

What a lovely breeding day ^^"

Bred all, but two, of mine again and only a couple of Tinsel-kin. Otherwise, nada.