AlternateMew

Zombie advice

^ That story works! I still haven't figured out which adults I'm going to use yet.

I have now hatched (and hid) 7 CB hatchlings for zombie fodder. I'm collecting more CB eggs from the AP right now. It's surprisingly easy! There are a lot of CB eggs floating around in there. biggrin.gif

Also:

Remember to kill on October 17th to get the extra 5 kills on Halloween to maximize zombification-ness!

Seven hatchies sleeping in the fog, and seven more eggs that should hatch tomorrow to add to the zombie hopefuls.

Ah! Yes, I've forgotten. Is it now time to start letting hatchies die in fog?

Edit:

Got 7 CB Eggs from the AP. Should I incubate them?

Edited by Stellaluna22

I did because I want to get them hatching as soon as possible. Anything that dies on the 17th or after will stay until Halloween, so today marks the beginning of hatchie collecting for fogging to death.

... how morbid does that sound? ninja.gif

Well, I'm not sure xd.png This is my first ''real'' holiday, too.

I'm going to viewbomb my scroll to let these eggs hatch quickly. Then fog them and forget about em :3

As soon as these hatch, I will collect more. I don't want to upset breeders so I'm only collecting CBs.

Edit:

Selected my 10 CB Adults for zombie fodder. Just to make sure, can drakes, two-heads, and the sort be zombified? I think I've chosen several CBs of those since I don't have enough mates for em.

Edited by Stellaluna22

I forgot, will the hatchlings gender if fogged?

If they've got enough views, yes. They just can't grow into adults unless unfogged.

Almost all hatchies do gender while fogged - it depends on both time and views, and the less time they have left, the less views they need to gender. It's actually really hard to prevent them from gendering - the normal amount of views they need for hatching at the 4 day mark is enough to make them gender in fog later when their timer is lower.

About drakes, 2-headeds, pygmies: I think they can be zombified, the only ones that can't are dinos (have no revive option) and chicken (can't be revived because their kill message is something about roasting and eating them).

Everything except dinos and chickens can be a zombie. But it is always the same zombie sprite. (no pygmy or two headed zombie sprites even if that is what the pre-zombie species was) Unbreedables such as Cheese or Paper will also give you a zombie with no gender as they don't have them. (something I'm trying for this year as I already have male and female adults)

Do you think this is anyhow worth trying (or chances are so low that I shouldn't bother)?:

To get a true, related zombie family, PB, with monogamous parents and frozen M, F and S1:

My plan: Get a CB couple. Breed it regularly and get loads of frozens of all types: M,F,S1.

When the load is large, kill the parents and try to zombie them. Do I have a fair chance to zobiefy both? and then to zombiefy 1 frozen hatchie per type?

And even if I start with getting the hatchies first, before I try the parents, would I have a fair chance to get both parents zombiefied leter? If one fails, the entire family would have to be started over from scratch: new CB couple and breeding.

Or I should simply get all as CBs and don't even bother?

And, most importantly, can Expunge permanently fail? Or I cna reuse that BSA on the same zombie till I succeeded?

Edited by VixenDra

Do you think this is anyhow worth trying (or chances are so low that I shouldn't bother)?:

To get a true, related zombie family, PB, with monogamous parents and frozen M, F and S1:

My plan: Get a CB couple. Breed it regularly and get loads of frozens of all types: M,F,S1.

When the load is large, kill the parents and try to zombie them. Do I have a fair chance to zobiefy both? and then to zombiefy 1 frozen hatchie per type?

And even if I start with getting the hatchies first, before I try the parents, would I have a fair chance to get both parents zombiefied leter? If one fails, the entire family would have to be started over from scratch: new CB couple and breeding.

Or I should simply get all as CBs and don't even bother?

And, most importantly, can Expunge permanently fail? Or I cna reuse that BSA on the same zombie till I succeeded?

You have the same chances with every dragon. The bad news with zombfiing children is once they die they are removed from the progeny lists, If revived back to living status they reappear but zombies do not. I've killed every one of this couple's children: http://dragcave.net/progeny/E0V2f none of the zombie hatchlings show. (the ever living revived) the un-named ones are this years attempts. I have a story going that I haven't put in their descriptions for the reasoning why.

However, I can still see the lineages from the children, for example: http://dragcave.net/lineage/0pSsq So the good news is you could still make your tombstone lineages once you have the children you want. and even if one or both adults do not turn, they don't disappear or even lose their names now so it would still look the same as a zombie lineage, at least during the day.

You have the same chances with every dragon. The bad news with zombfiing children is once they die they are removed from the progeny lists, If revived back to living status they reappear but zombies do not. I've killed every one of this couple's children: http://dragcave.net/progeny/E0V2f none of the zombie hatchlings show. (the ever living revived) the un-named ones are this years attempts. I have a story going that I haven't put in their descriptions for the reasoning why.

However, I can still see the lineages from the children, for example: http://dragcave.net/lineage/0pSsq So the good news is you could still make your tombstone lineages once you have the children you want. and even if one or both adults do not turn, they don't disappear or even lose their names now so it would still look the same as a zombie lineage, at least during the day.

Thanks for sharing:)

I wanted them related as it can be at all tracked down they are indeed related after all are zombiefied.

It's just that if I'm doing bred frozen zombies, the parents would have to both turn into zombies as well in the end^^; so the 3 frozens show a PB zombie lineage in the end, all from the same couple:P

But If the chances of getting 2 successes in a row(so both parents turn zombies) is too ruddiculusly low I won't try to make them related and simply catch and zombeify random CBs untill I get 1 of each needed genders&stages.

I don't know what the odds are, but I've seen lineages of a 3rd gen zombie x guardian checker and a 2nd gen green from both zombified parents. So I think it will not be easy, but also not ridiculously hard. Good luck!

I'm too much of a coward to kill adults. I'm thinking that, towards the end of the week, I'll be catching and fogging hatchies directly from the AP. Maybe unsure.gif

Edited by NotBambi

I looked for the answer to this but didn't find it. If you kill a frozen hatchie, can it be zombified?

Yep, it can. It's actually how most ungendered zombie hatchies are made, as hatchies tend to gender in fog even if you don't want them to xd.png

I looked for the answer to this but didn't find it. If you kill a frozen hatchie, can it be zombified?

Yep. That's what I first did, but since they take a kill slot most people starve new hatchies and kill adults. :-)

I'm mostly concentrating on expanding this lineage, so I have a small cluster of CB and 2G Blacks lined up for the knife. There's also him and this, which will be starved in the fog. I also have a "spare" Desipis female that I'm seriously considering giving the chop if I have "room" (i.e., too many dodges!).

ETA: And if this doesn't hatch alt (which is pretty much guaranteed!) then it's going to get fogged and starved, too. :|

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Can someone go look at all 7 fogballs on my scroll and see if they would gender in a few days? Hope it doesn't.

They all have nice codes too! I'm naming them after their codes. Can they be re-named if they zombify?

They're around 2k Views, 300-400 UVs and only a few clicks. I fogged them as soon as they hatched and were named.

I am collecting more victims as soon as the next set hatches.

In case anyone is wondering why I'm choosing CB eggs, its because its out of respect for breeders. Even if its messy I want to respect the breeder and only use CBs.

Edited by Stellaluna22

Can someone go look at all 7 fogballs on my scroll and see if they would gender in a few days? Hope it doesn't.

They all have nice codes too! I'm naming them after their codes. Can they be re-named if they zombify?

They're around 2k Views, 300-400 UVs and only a few clicks. I fogged them as soon as they hatched and were named.

I am collecting more victims as soon as the next set hatches.

In case anyone is wondering why I'm choosing CB eggs, its because its out of respect for breeders. Even if its messy I want to respect the breeder and only use CBs.

it's almost impossible to keep a hatchie from gendering because the views needed to hatch an egg are more than enough for a 7 day hatchling to gender. zombies can be named/renamed. but I would not name them yet. If they do not revive you will lose those names forever.