AlternateMew

Zombie advice

I'll be killing my dragons in a few hours. I want to kill them somewhere around 4-6pm PST (7-9pm EST/Cave Time).

This makes sure I don't accidentally forget to revive! And leaves me plenty of time to do other things tongue.gifP

Edit:

Just to clarify, I can kill the next set on the 31st as soon as the first set's tombstones disapear, right?

Edited by Stellaluna22

I've just killed my first five adult fodder dragons! I must admit, I felt a pang of guilt when I saw that message... Still, I do want zombies, and this is the only way to get them. Sorry, dragons. Considering the number I had dodge, though, I think I'll be collecting additional "just in case" fodders.

As for my hatchies, I'm certain I won't have any problems with gendering. I collected twelve CB eggs from the AP and four Papers from the biomes a week ago at the latest, and I fogged them immediately upon catching. I added a hatchie section to my Zombie Plans spreadsheet that listed the breed, influence status, and code of each of my hatchie zombie fodders- so I would remember which had been influenced and whether they needed to be influenced at all- and using that I influenced eight of my eggs, four male, four female, and left four to be S1 zombies. I didn't unfog any of the eggs until they were ER, and even then I only unfogged them in batches of four. Then, when they all had the smallest hole, all but the one with the highest UVs were fogged again. I constantly refreshed its page until it hatched, then it was fogged immediately. Wash, rinse, repeat. When my influenced hatchies reached five days, they were unfogged until they gendered and then hidden again. Using this method, all my fodder dragons hatched well under 200 UVs and are barely over 100.

I suppose it would've helped most people more if I'd posted this earlier, but maybe someone will see this and be able to use it. smile.gif

Okay I did it. I am a horrible person, just like the rest of you P: Fogged hatchlings have a couple more days. -patiently twiddles thumbs-

First ever DC Halloween, BRING IT. biggrin.gif

@Stellaluna -

Yes. As soon as the ones that didn't revive disappear, you should be good to go for 5 more.

most of my zombie fodders dodged. I had to kill a couple with offspring on other scrolls, but they were inbred and messy, and from 2011, so I hope no one minds too much

my first attempt dodged but the other four are dead....its not that i feel bad but that i don't feel bad

i never got attached to them i thought i was gonna feel worse about it

i guess im worse then the zombies....

1d 3h left for the hatchlings on their deathbed. The next set is just above 3d.

I wanna kill right now...its so tempting. *sharpens blade and eyes the growing list of nervous-looking adults*

Is anyone else going to stay up to midnight cave time on the 31st like me? It will only be 9pm for me and I'll grab as many Halloweens as I can and revive my darlings.

My five are dead though I had 20 that got away. I am hoping that my one lonely zombie from 2009 will now have some buddies in a few weeks.

Well, I'm not too sure, but I'm definitely going to try to be up when the new Halloween's get dropped in the biomes.

I read the screenshot thread several pages back to see previous years' Halloweens and now I wonder if I can fight through 300 people per biome to get a single egg. On my phone.

Unless TJ adds more rows for each biome?

From my vague recollection, he doesn't. You just have to do your best.

And yes, we are so horrible... poor pixel sprites with faces and sometimes names have no rights. *Pets them* We are soooo bad.

My five are dead though I had 20 that got away.  I am hoping that my one lonely zombie from 2009 will now have some buddies in a few weeks.

20 dodges?! Woah. ohmy.gif I shall count myself very lucky I only had two escape the blade , then! 4 hours for my first fog-ball to die, 15 hours for the next.

@Stellaluna22 - I wouldn't panic. With the biomes now, it's vastly easier than it used to be. The Black Marrows were hell and TJ *did* add an extra row for them, but every release since has been pretty straightforward, especially if you're willing to wait a couple of hours for the initial "ARGH NU DRAGGIES!" crazy to die down.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I was able to kill 3 dragons so far…but 2 avoided my attacks. So is it true I now have to wait 24 hours before I can try again to kill the same 2 dragons?

I was able to kill 3 dragons so far…but 2 avoided my attacks. So is it true I now have to wait 24 hours before I can try again to kill the same 2 dragons?

Yes, that's correct.

Yes, that's correct.

Ok, thanks @amazon_warrior! smile.gif I guess in the meantime, I'll look for 2 other dragons to kill tongue.gif

ETA: Completed my 5 kills!

Edited by LumosSeeker148

20 dodges?! Woah. ohmy.gif I shall count myself very lucky I only had two escape the blade , then! 4 hours for my first fog-ball to die, 15 hours for the next.

@Stellaluna22 - I wouldn't panic. With the biomes now, it's vastly easier than it used to be. The Black Marrows were hell and TJ *did* add an extra row for them, but every release since has been pretty straightforward, especially if you're willing to wait a couple of hours for the initial "ARGH NU DRAGGIES!" crazy to die down.

Worst part is 3 of those were going to be a zombie line. sad.gif I will try those ones again on the 31. My hatchlings have 3 days until they die.

dose it have to be exactly on midnight cave time or is there some looseness to that?

Midnight cave time when the day switches from 30th to 31st is when you can start reviving your tombstones, but you have 24 hours (all of 31st). You can check the biomes - when the new release is dropping, you can attempt for zombies smile.gif

Had 6 dodges - didn't expect so many. Most of my cheese zombie fodder dodged, meh. Killed one cheese and three papers. Losing out on one of the maximum 10 kill slots because I have no other zombie fodder ready. Hope one of them zombifies...

Midnight cave time when the day switches from 30th to 31st is when you can start reviving your tombstones, but you have 24 hours (all of 31st). You can check the biomes - when the new release is dropping, you can attempt for zombies smile.gif

Had 6 dodges - didn't expect so many. Most of my cheese zombie fodder dodged, meh. Killed one cheese and three papers. Losing out on one of the maximum 10 kill slots because I have no other zombie fodder ready. Hope one of them zombifies...

oh thankyou for telling me

so the new ones drop on Halloween?...neat

how hard are they gonna be to catch be honest with me

Eep, my first two hatchlings should start dying any minute now. @.@

I tried to kill adults from the coast because I didn't catch many hatchlings from there, and all but one dodged. Slippery water dragons! 8I

oh thankyou for telling me

so the new ones drop on Halloween?...neat

how hard are they gonna be to catch be honest with me

They will probably be hard to catch when first released at midnight but after a few hours should be much easier. I live in the Eastern time zone so I wait until morning to try to catch mine.

...aaaand 5 dragons successfully killed. Now to remember the time (about 11:52 AM for me) and to wait.

Edited by laertid

I usually like to wait on killing them in case I forget to revive.

Same xd.png Its so tempting to kill right now since many other people already have lots of dergon blood on their paws have killed their set. I'll kill in a few hours and post the results.

Hopefully the cheese I've marked down to kill won't dodge. If it does then bye bye next adult cheese xd.png

It would be really hard to get a chicken zombie since the Kill message says you cook and eat it. lol

Just imagine it becomes alive in your stomach: zombie chicken mush that gets teeth and eats you from the inside out... a bit like in the alien movies... laugh.gif