AlternateMew

Zombie advice

I believe that, if they revive, they're brought back with some small amount of time restored as well, so they could be ER'ed and grown to an adult. But I expect that, if they die again, they cannot be revived a second time.

I suspected the latter.

I mainly wondered if there was a chance that they could be revived/grow into adults.

Thanks Amazon!

If you viewbomb them with enough views to grow up and fog them before the 4 day mark, shouldn't you get an instant-adult if they revive? (theoretically speaking, I don't really know)

If you viewbomb them with enough views to grow up and fog them before the 4 day mark, shouldn't you get an instant-adult if they revive? (theoretically speaking, I don't really know)

Probably? I've revived a few hatchies in my time, due to failed hatchie ND exps, but so far without exception they've turned to dust rather than revive! (Well, apart from one last year that volunteered to be a Zombie...)

I guess I'll be finding out this year, lol. Some of my fogged hatchies got a lot of views before they got fogged. We'll see.

Just to clarify (as I forget this EVERY year), can ANY dragon be zombified? Even those with two heads?

Anything that isn't a Dino, which have no revive option, or a Chicken, whose kill message includes you eating them, can be zombified. This includes drakes, two-headed, pygmies, Cheeses, Papers... you get the idea.

Can you make a shorter statement so I can comprehend this?

What i don't understand is that if we let a dragon die by time remaining it does not take up kill slot? What's a kill slot? What? I need more understanding, sorry. I'm new.

Can you make a shorter statement so I can comprehend this?

What i don't understand is that if we let a dragon die by time remaining it does not take up kill slot? What's a kill slot? What? I need more understanding, sorry. I'm new.

On the actions page for each individual egg, hatchling, and dragon, there is an option called Kill. You can only use this option five times every two weeks, so by killing a dragon using this action, you're taking up one of your five available kills- these are usually called kill slots.

However, any egg or hatchling killed through negligence- that is, they didn't receive enough views either by accident or because they were fogged- does not require you use the kill action for them to be killed; therefore, they do not take up a kill slot. Think of it as active killing vs passive death. Make sense?

On the actions page for each individual egg, hatchling, and dragon, there is an option called Kill. You can only use this option five times every two weeks, so by killing a dragon using this action, you're taking up one of your five available kills- these are usually called kill slots.

However, any egg or hatchling killed through negligence- that is, they didn't receive enough views either by accident or because they were fogged- does not require you use the kill action for them to be killed; therefore, they do not take up a kill slot. Think of it as active killing vs passive death. Make sense?

Okay, but what does this have to do with zombies? Does killing them at midnight automatically get you zombies? Does it have to be midnight?

Okay, but what does this have to do with zombies? Does killing them at midnight automatically get you zombies? Does it have to be midnight?

To get a zombie, you must have a dead dragon on your scroll. A dead dragon will have the option revive on its action page, and using that option on Halloween may grant you a zombie. People will kill five adult dragons two weeks before Halloween, five more on Halloween itself, and fog to death all the hatchlings they want to revive to get the maximum number of Zombie attempts.

Midnight has nothing to do with zombifying at all, as far as I'm aware...?

Edited by Sylph264

Ahh, I should start collecting fodder soon.. Last year I couldn't get any Zombies from the ones I prepared. I want to get an adult this year too. : D

20/21 - 20 hatchies, 1 gold shimmer egg from an IOU xd.png

Most hatchies are nearing 5d or are lower. Let the starving begin, my children, let the starving begin...

Funny thing is, many people predicted my hatchlings would likely gender. But they havent o.o

20/21 - 20 hatchies, 1 gold shimmer egg from an IOU xd.png

Most hatchies are nearing 5d or are lower. Let the starving begin, my children, let the starving begin...

Funny thing is, many people predicted my hatchlings would likely gender. But they havent o.o

They haven't gendered yet. Most hatchlings gender around the 5 day mark if you are actively getting them views. but the older they are (less time remaining) the less they need to gender and/or grow. A hatchling with less than a day left needs only about 500 views (or less) to become an adult. Which is also why they have to be left in the fog.

http://dragcave.net/view/QqjV is the lowest I've managed and he gendered. Yours have 2 and 3 times as many views. They will gender. some of them already have.

I'm actually running an experiment and trying to get lower views just to see if it can be done. the only ungendered hatchling I managed was frozen and then killed so it couldn't gender.

I have a few in the 200s for UVs, and one (a Magelight that had ~1d left as an egg when I caught it) that has ~90 UVs - all in the fog, waiting to die. I suspect the one with 274 UVs might gender, but then it has really low Vs, so maybe not...

I've started collecting my hatchies and lower time eggs. Though I will be sad to let these poor hatchies die, the fun will come when attempting to make hatchling Zombies. They are so stinking cute.

I've got a couple of adults now, though I want a couple more.

Did anyone else think this was about the zombie apocalypse at first?

Not in site discussion no. There may be such a topic in General discussion, but I don't lurk there very often. and this thread has been in use for the last several Halloweens; it just dies off after the season and gets necro'd when fall hits again.

And if there actually isn't a zombie apocalypse thread in GD, you could make one. smile.gif Edit: the only apocalypse threads I found were RPs in the games section. I was sure there would be at one. o.O

Edited by DragonLady86

For the revive option ...

is there a cooldown, or a limit on uses or a variable thrown into it?

For the revive option ...

is there a cooldown, or a limit on uses or a variable thrown into it?

You can revive dead dragons (but not Dinos or Chickens) at any point during the 14 days after death (until their tombstone vanishes, basically). It's a one-time thing, too. You use it and you either get a pile of dust (and revive is now greyed out), a Zombie (revive no longer visible) or a revived dragon. However, if you re-kill a revived dragon, you will not be able to try and revive it a second time. One go is all you get for any one creature.

I don't know what the odds are, but I've seen lineages of a 3rd gen zombie x guardian checker and a 2nd gen green from both zombified parents. So I think it will not be easy, but also not ridiculously hard. Good luck!

It was not easy to get the zombie X guardian checker. The first zombie was done on a whim and then I decided next year to try for a checker but it failed completely. The next year was successful. So, it took me two years. >.> And I'm tying to bring it out another gen this year. That is one line and I'm still trying to get a guardian from the other line.

Hmm... This is going to get interesting. My two ungendered hatchies from last year have 2,201 and 2,371 views.

None of my hidden hatchies have views near those numbers so I wonder how many will gender?!

Down to four days and nine hours and watching for the first batch...!

Ugh, first Halloween event after 2008 coming up and oh boy, I really don't know what to do. Will probably snatch something from the AP now and fog them to death and try with that, atm I don't have any adults to waste.

None of my 14 fogged hatchlings have gendered yet. unsure.gif Not sure if they're going to either.

I'm actually running an experiment and trying to get lower views just to see if it can be done. the only ungendered hatchling I managed was frozen and then killed so it couldn't gender.

I veryvery carefully hatched every one of my zombie hatchie fodder eggs and immediately fogged, so I knew exactly at what UV count they hatched at (though that wasn't the goal- I just neeeded time to sort out which dragons were the influenced ones and which were supposed to stay S1). They all hatched around 120 UVs.