AlternateMew

Zombie advice

I'm not quite sure if you can kill and attempt to revive a dragon that was revived and came back to life instead of turning into a zombie, but if the revive fails completely, the body disintegrates.

I never heard of a dragon that was killed, successfully revived, killed again and turned into a Zombie.

In all cases I ever heard of, revived dragons who were killed a second time, disintegrated a the attempt to revive them again.

So better don't try this, unless you reall want to get rid of a dragon. sad.gif

I can't wait for October 9th (or 10th?), when we can start picking up eggs from the AP for turning them into zombie hatchies...

How Long is the Revive action available for after a kill or death?

As long as the tombstone is still on your scroll, you can attempt to revive, iirc. so, 2 weeks

Edited by ainisarie

How Long is the Revive action available for after a kill or death?

A dead hatchie or adult dragon stays on the scroll for 14 days. During that time, you can try to revive it one time.

(So if you've got a hatchling that dies on October 18th, it's probably still there on Halloween.)

Isn't it possible to do more than 10 zombie tests? You can let hatchlings die on the 17th or any time between then and Halloween as well as killing 10 dragons to get maximum chances!

Trying this year too with multiples from different biomes! I have one from the desert last year and it made me ecstatic!

A dead hatchie or adult dragon stays on the scroll for 14 days. During that time, you can try to revive it one time.

(So if you've got a hatchling that dies on October 18th, it's probably still there on Halloween.)

Thank You biggrin.gif

I'm not quite sure if you can kill and attempt to revive a dragon that was revived and came back to life instead of turning into a zombie, but if the revive fails completely, the body disintegrates. There is nothing left to attempt to revive again.

A dragon that has been successfully revived (ie: alive again) does not have the revive option any more if killed a second time. Revive is a one chance per dragon.

Things that could be added to first post if OP is still around:

Names: Do NOT name zombie fodder. If it turns to dust, that name is lost forever because dead dragons no longer lose their names and do not have the option to change them.

Also the rumor/fact about reviving outside of Halloween. That has always been a rumor that there is a very very low chance, however: there are NO zombies that were killed outside of Halloween on the site. (exception: when dead dragons stopped disappearing a member killed one in June and revived it on Halloween. This was a glitch and TJ fixed it so that is no longer possible.) So, it may be possible, but no one has ever managed it which to me says that it is not.

Do zombie hatchies need to be frozen and then killed? Or just frozen

I saw earlier in the thread that when a hatchling is killed and revived as a zombie, it is automatically frozen at the stage it was killed.

Do zombie hatchies need to be frozen and then killed? Or just frozen

they do not have to be frozen first. the best way to do hatchlings is to fog them till they run out of time thus not wasting a kill slot. Either way they will be frozen after zombifying. so no need to worry about them growing up.

Is there a way to get maximum kills?

AFAIK, kill slots come back the moment the tombstone of a killed dragon disappears from your scroll. So you can maximize kills by timing your killing correctly. Kill 5 dragons on the 17th (exactly 2 weeks before Halloween), and your kill slots will come back on the 31st. Remember to revive your first 5 zombie attempts in time though, or the tombstones will be gone and with them your chances to get zombies out of them.

Attempt to make it easier: So, if you kill your first 5 zombie fodder exactly at noon on the 17th, you have to revive them before noon on the 31st, or their tombstones will be gone and your chances of getting zombies out of them. At noon, your kill slots come back and you can kill and revive another 5 dragons after noon.

Make sure you have enough zombie fodder, if you want to try this, as some dragons dodge the blade! If a dragon has dodged once, it will always dodge for 24 hours. So if you don't have enough zombie fodder on hand, a dodger can ruin your kill slot maximizing wink.gif

As for hatchies: You don't have to kill them, just fog them and let them run out of time and you don't waste a kill slot.

Names: Do NOT name zombie fodder. If it turns to dust, that name is lost forever because dead dragons no longer lose their names and do not have the option to change them.

I wish I had known about this last year when I tried to make zombies for the first time. All of mine turned to dust, and I lost the names. Boo. I won't make that mistake this year!

I'm excited to start collecting zombie fodder. I'm going to try raising CB hatchlings and fogging them since I didn't do that last year. biggrin.gif

they do not have to be frozen first. the best way to do hatchlings is to fog them till they run out of time thus not wasting a kill slot. Either way they will be frozen after zombifying. so no need to worry about them growing up.

Don't let them die in fog though. I've not heard anything about this for a few years so my info might be outdated, but it used to be that a dragon dying in fog wouldn't have a Revive action.

Don't let them die in fog though. I've not heard anything about this for a few years so my info might be outdated, but it used to be that a dragon dying in fog wouldn't have a Revive action.

I lost a group of hatchlings earlier this year when my aircard failed and I had no internet access. They were all fogged and died in the fog. I did try revive, but it failed on all of them.

However, I had given some names, and I learned about an hour ago that I could get those names back! biggrin.gif

this is no longer true, and hasn't been for a few years. (at least as long as this thread because I said the same thing way back it was started and was corrected.) smile.gif I successfully fogged to death around 30 hatchlings last year and was able to attempt to revive.

A very nice change. :3

This maybe obsolete now unsure.gif

The kill action gives you 5 Kills smile.gif so once you hit the 5 you were able to carry on killing but it always showed 5 unsure.gif it just took longer for the action to go back to 0 maybe a couple of months depending on how many kills you made. i'm sure this was active in the time when Vampire were given the Bite action but may of changed over the years rolleyes.gif or it could well be i have totally lost the plot and dreamed it laugh.gif

either way it would be nice to know biggrin.gif

As far as I know, you have unlimited Vampire bites but if any die they do count as a kill slot. So after five dead bitten eggs you can still bite more eggs but you can't use the Kill feature anymore.

As far as I know, you have unlimited Vampire bites but if any die they do count as a kill slot. So after five dead bitten eggs you can still bite more eggs but you can't use the Kill feature anymore.

Ha that could well be where i got it from biggrin.gif been a long time since i done anything like that rolleyes.gif

Ha that could well be where i got it from biggrin.gif been a long time since i done anything like that rolleyes.gif

There may very well have been an earlier glitch like you described but I probably wasn't active at the time. Maybe someone else knows more?

After a hatchling dies in fog, how long does it count as a "thing" toward how many things you can gave growing on your scroll? 24 hours just like with a dead egg?

I want one of each tombstone on my scroll and don't really care if they are adults or hatchies. I'm going to try with CB 10 adults, but I'd also like to have an army of CB hatchlings to try with.

Nope, only if you actively kill an egg or hatchie with an action (kill, earthquake or bite) it takes up a slot for 24 hours. If they die passively of sickness or lack of views, they don't take up a slot after they're dead.

And remember that the tombstones stay on your scroll for 2 weeks, so anything that hatches between the 10th and 24th can be starved for Halloween.

I have picked up 7 CB eggs from the AP that I intend to let die passively as hatchlings. Hopefully at least one of them will turn into a zombie on Halloween. biggrin.gif

I haven't decided which adults dragons I want to kill yet. That is going to be tough.

Edited by Eos

I have picked up 7 CB eggs from the AP that I intend to let die passively as hatchlings. Hopefully at least one of them will turn into a zombie on Halloween. biggrin.gif

Just remember that their tombstones won't stay on your scroll longer than 2 weeks, so if they die before the 17th, you can't revive them on the 31st. So make sure those eggies don't hatch before the 10th, or they're useless as zombie fodder smile.gif

Edit: And if they die on the 17th, you also have to take care of the time when you revive them, as their tombstone will disappear on the 31st. If your hatchie died exactly at noon on the 17th, its tombstone will disappear exactly at noon on the 31st, so you have to revive it before that time.

Edited by Ha-Ki

Just remember that their tombstones won't stay on your scroll longer than 2 weeks, so if they die before the 17th, you can't revive them on the 31st. So make sure those eggies don't hatch before the 10th, or they're useless as zombie fodder smile.gif

Edit: And if they die on the 17th, you also have to take care of the time when you revive them, as their tombstone will disappear on the 31st. If your hatchie died exactly at noon on the 17th, its tombstone will disappear exactly at noon on the 31st, so you have to revive it before that time.

Oops okay, thanks for the advice; that's good to know. I forgot what the date was! These guys have 4 days and 20 something hours left, so I think they can hold on for a few more days. I have them fogged in the meantime. smile.gif

the first time i killed one for a zombie i felt so bad but now im ok with it because ive come up with a backstory where on halloween night someone runs around murdering dragons (so it isnt me killing them xd.png) and their heart broken owners try desperately to revive them. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt and sometimes things go horribly wrong but they cant bear to let them die again so they keep them tongue.gif