Generation Association

Even/Perfect Generations V5

@Vhale: Thanks! That Greenwing x Hellfire is rather lovely too. smile.gif

Congrats to everyone! smile.gif I <3 Nebs but getting the right colour from them can be an absolute nightmare at times...

In other news, INDIGO! biggrin.gif This plus WHITE and YELLOW brings me up to 3 of 16 4th gens needed for the rainbow of DOOM project. Seems like I need to get back to working on it some more. laugh.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

@Amazon

Do you use a spreadsheet to plan those out? Very pretty!

Seeing all these lineages makes me wish we had some kind of color archive on the front page. Or that the site let people show off one or two on the scroll somehow. Kinda like we could browse and see Christmas Trees and vote on them or descriptions.

@Amazon

Do you use a spreadsheet to plan those out? Very pretty!

Seeing all these lineages makes me wish we had some kind of color archive on the front page. Or that the site let people show off one or two on the scroll somehow. Kinda like we could browse and see Christmas Trees and vote on them or descriptions.

Thanks! Yeah, I have to otherwise my brain would melt! Especially because I'm also trying to avoid potential inbreeding with another rainbow project I'm doing *and* someone else's rainbow lineage. It all gets a bit... complicated. xd.png Maybe I should put my spreadsheet in Google Docs (or whatever they call it now), then people can see what I'm working on and I can update from anywhere.

Colour archive? I'm intrigued. How might it work? And I'd love some way to showcase some of my lineages better - right now they're just buried in the depths of my scroll among nearly 2500 other dragons. rolleyes.gif I have a post on the Personal Lineages thread and I post stuff here too, but otherwise it's very hard to see what pretties I have.

Hum archive. It would take some thinking in order to organize it just because there are so many dragons. First thought was adding a section for each dragon on the front post with clickable links to lineages. Second thought was a site that simply listed colors, clicking a color would expand/collapse showing various lineages. Third thought was adding a section to each dragon's wiki on the dragon cave wiki to show various lineage options.

The trick is what to do with things that are like rainbows. I'm not sure I could classify all the various lineages.

<--newb

But for just being able to see some color options, I think I'm leaning towards the dragon cave wiki as it's an established site and already organized by dragon. Thoughts?

Wiz, if you want an egg I can try for one like that in a few hours.

Edited by Vhale

Thanks everyone, and thank you Vhale for the offer but it's just a little side project with the dragons I already have. I'm not planning anything else because of how little time I have. If I get a 4th gen cool if not, meh. smile.gif

Yay!

I'm so happy to be able to make a little bit of progress on my Silver x Storm lineage again! I've been stalled out on it for months, unable to find any more unrelated 2nd gen storms from male Silver x female Storm, then last week, I picked up two in a row on the AP! And they like each other!

Now I only need two more 2nd gens (or one 3rd gen) to reach 6th gen with my project.

Yay!

I'm so happy to be able to make a little bit of progress on my Silver x Storm lineage again! I've been stalled out on it for months, unable to find any more unrelated 2nd gen storms from male Silver x female Storm, then last week, I picked up two in a row on the AP! And they like each other!

Now I only need two more 2nd gens (or one 3rd gen) to reach 6th gen with my project.

Pretty. I should get serious about working on a lineage like that. I love the combination and keep picking up silver-fails in the AP. wink.gif

Pretty. I should get serious about working on a lineage like that. I love the combination and keep picking up silver-fails in the AP.  wink.gif

Thanks! That's how I got started, I kept finding 2G storms from silver in the AP, so I started breeding them all together.

I already have this: 6th gen from male Storm x female Silver,

and these:

5th gen from male Silver x female Storm

4th gen from male Silver x female Storm

as well as the newest 3rd gen I just posted.

But the last few male Silver x female Storm dragons have been really hard to come by! (If anybody can breed me one, I'd be happy to trade for it.)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/l0HQd This started with an egg from the AP. I currently have a mess of third gens that need to be bred (along with other projects...TJ, can i have 10 egg slots please? xd.png) I'm not sure where it will end, but it is part of my contribution to raising blockers, and I do like them together. Edited by ainisarie

http://dragcave.net/lineage/l0HQd This started with an egg from the AP. I currently have a mess of third gens that need to be bred (along with other projects...TJ, can i have 10 egg slots please? xd.png) I'm not sure where it will end, but it is part of my contribution to raising blockers, and I do like them together.

Wow~ another beautiful lineage with albino! And better yet it's with balloons!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/l0HQd This started with an egg from the AP. I currently have a mess of third gens that need to be bred (along with other projects...TJ, can i have 10 egg slots please? xd.png) I'm not sure where it will end, but it is part of my contribution to raising blockers, and I do like them together.

That's super nice! 8D

It's a beautiful-looking lineage and it uses common dragons, helping a lot with the cave blocking. It's a win-win. n_n

So apparently I'm doing Spotted Greenwing x Albino now. Didn't expect to like them as much as I do. I'm going to take it to 4th at the very least, but mostly I'm trying out a few different combinations to decide on a new project.

One of my test combinations is unexpectedly Balloon x Blusang. I found him in the AP and I think they look really pretty together, has anyone done this? I'd really like to find him a mate but I don't own a single CB Blusang.

@lizardtail, Albino x Tri-Horn is actually a great combination, I like M Tri-Horn x F Albino best.

Edited by Nervenklinik

One of my test combinations is unexpectedly Balloon x Blusang. I found him in the AP and I think they look really pretty together, has anyone done this? I'd really like to find him a mate but I don't own a single CB Blusang.

All my balloons gave me baby balloons, sorry. But i have another surprise for you! wink.gif

Anyway, last night i got my baby blusang that i wanted it for a long time!!! smile.gif

And with my ice x mint project i'm stuck, i need more ices from mint moms and i can't get them! sad.gifHere is my 3rd gen...

Edited by happymom

@nervenklinik

you will have a pm in a sec biggrin.gif

Finally4th gen black and red

for two "commons" amazingly hard to get eggs - of any color

I have another 3rd gen so I need to get started on building a mate( in my spare time rolleyes.gif )

All my balloons gave me baby balloons, sorry. But i have another surprise for you! wink.gif

Anyway, last night i got my baby blusang that i wanted it for a long time!!! smile.gif

And with my ice x mint project i'm stuck, i need more ices from mint moms and i can't get them! sad.gifHere is my 3rd gen...

Thank you for trying! If I like the combination at 3rd gen I might need balloons in future to build more gens. And your PB Blusang project is gorgeous! I have one third gen and hopefully another on the way, so one day maybe I'll catch up to you!

@nervenklinik

you will have a pm in a sec  biggrin.gif

Finally4th gen black and red

for two "commons" amazingly hard to get eggs - of any color

I have another 3rd gen so I need to get started on building a mate( in my spare time rolleyes.gif )

Thank you, dragonpuck! I hope the combination looks even better at 3rd. And I like your Red x Black project. If you ever want me to try for an egg from my CB Black girl, let me know!

Have a few lineages crawling along...

4th gen Sweetling x White - might see if I can get a bloodswap for a mate, though I can breed a Alt Sweet x Fog mate as a standby.

4th gen Lurker x Hellfire x Spotted Greenwing - I'm really pleased with how this is starting to look. wub.gif Hopefully his mate isn't too far away!

3rd gen Autumn x Shadow Walker to be a mate for this one.

These two 3rd gen Daydream x '09 Vals to hopefully provide a mate for a lonely 4th gen. And then, if they spit out a mate for my 5th gen, then I think I'm finally done with this labour of love. biggrin.gif

5th gen PB Blusang. His mate WAS in progress, but I've had a number of refusals and it's stalled the whole thing. =<

4th gen Turpentine x Golden Wyvern. Feels like I've been trying to breed a GW mate forever. I dunno if it's just me, but my GWs are simply not producing.

4th gen Turpentine x Tan Ridgewing. Getting every egg but a Tan one. rolleyes.gif

Mixed bag of success. tongue.gif

Edited by Lullakai-Shi

These are some stunning lineages, Lullakai-Shi! Could I be cheeky and ask if there's something I can do to get a 3rd gen Autumn from one of those SW checkers? That combination is unexpectedly lovely!

And I'm a huge fan of the Turpentine x GW and Turpentine x Tan Ridge, those are gorgeous! Good luck getting those stubborn eggs, though, must be a real pain.

These are some stunning lineages, Lullakai-Shi! Could I be cheeky and ask if there's something I can do to get a 3rd gen Autumn from one of those SW checkers? That combination is unexpectedly lovely!

And I'm a huge fan of the Turpentine x GW and Turpentine x Tan Ridge, those are gorgeous! Good luck getting those stubborn eggs, though, must be a real pain.

Thank you! <3 Haha 'stubbourn' isn't a strong enough word! tongue.gif They're worth the effort though and I'm hoping to get at least to 6th gen for both.

I have a GW due to hatch any minute, so I'll try the Autumns for you. No need for anything in return. biggrin.gif

Ah, almost forgot about this narky 3rd gen SW x Sunsong pair, who simply will not provide a mate for this one. I don't think my dragons are particularly fond of me.

Oh just bred this! Now this pretty baby is one step closer to happening. wub.gif

Edited by Lullakai-Shi

Yep, I think it's going to work nicely. I think it's going to work very nicely indeed. And as I was just gifted my first CB Blusang, I'll only need one more 2nd gen Balloon to make it to 4th gen. Ah, my very own Blusang project, been wanting to do one for ages. I'm also thinking about trying out M Pink x F Blusang and M Blusang x Blue Neb.

In other news, I hope these two love each other enough to produce a mate for him.

EDIT: Agh. A stripe egg I needed auto-abandoned because I forgot I'd picked up an egg. I hate it when that happens! xd.png

Edited by Nervenklinik