Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

16 minutes ago, jumpsnake said:

A while back I suggested this but I think it got lost......

One thing that would be useful/ make navigating better would be if you could return to the thing you were just doing after using an action.

For example, if I breed things I tend to do it all at once, and I'm sure many people are this way. When you breed, your options after breeding are really only to go back to actions. But what I'd really like to do is return to the same place in my group or dragon list as I was when I selected the dragon to breed. Something like "Return to list" or "Go back to dragons" would be AWESOME.

Same for if I go to incubate things, it would be super-fantastic to go back to the list of dragons that are available for incubate (or at least back to where I was in the dragons available for BSA list.)

When I breed, I open my dragon page on one tab. I scroll down the list to the dragon I want to breed. I right click on the action link and open the page in a new tab. I breed that dragon and close the tab. Then I am back on my dragon page just where I left off. Is there a reason that won't work for you?

Or you can right click on your browsers back button and go back to the page named 'your dragons'. Does basically the same thing as the previous suggestion without opening multiple windows/tabs.

Yes, I do those things on a computer, but it doesn't work so well on mobile. I guess it just seemed easy to me to have a button. I do usually click back if I forget to open a new tab-- but it's like 3 times you have to hit it, and my internet is slow enough it is just a bit annoying. I guess if I'm the only one who thinks it would be helpful then no biggie. *shrug*

I think they all do it.  Not sure why

Yeah, I seem to recall it's been like that for a while. Possibly something to do with the fact that the image changes seasonally... or that it's, essentially, a frozen egg?

Well, there are other things that change appearance - Nocturnes and Zombies, not to mention some dragons that get changed by their BSA. I doubt they show as fog in lineage view, though. :D

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for bringing old Halloweens back! :D With this and platinum trophies and groups and fertility reducing refusals, it feels like many old wishes are at last coming true. It's been an incredible year on DC. Thank you so much for that, and for all the other tweaks you've been doing recently, too! :) 

So totally agree with @angelicdragonpuppy! This year has seen some awesome new things, and the re-release of CB Halloweens is something I never, ever thought would actually happen. Add in Groups and Platinum trophies, and this year has been so great!

As per angelicdragonpuppy and Marie19R.

This change is sufficiently awesome that I've renewed my advertising removal subscription which I hadn't seen reason to renew the last time it expired. Nice going! Recent changes have made Dragon Cave great again! :D

Yeah this year has been the best!

So happy with all the new changes and additions of features. The halloween biome is like the topping on our already great cake. the cake is a lie

I may have to go online tonight though for the rest of the halloween eggs because about five minutes into grabbing eggs it's gotten extremely laggy for me. I'm using f5 and the st patties day skin which runs the fastest for me but lag is taking away all da eggs at the moment.

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy right now! I totally didn't know about Holiday releases when pumpkins came out - and, of course, missed them. Now, finally, I got two CBs! :D And I'm so going to try to stock up on marrows, too - I only got two because I was holding two eggs for my daughter back then. *sigh* Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Uh, can the hatchies shown under our dragon for the event be split into pages? It's getting a bit overwhelming for me having to scroll down on mobile. Or perhaps sorting to newest first

Edited by Dalek Raptor

On 10/25/2017 at 7:46 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for bringing old Halloweens back! :D With this and platinum trophies and groups and fertility reducing refusals, it feels like many old wishes are at last coming true. It's been an incredible year on DC. Thank you so much for that, and for all the other tweaks you've been doing recently, too! :) 

Oh heck, didn't even notice my trophy level.
I sincerely hope that past Christmas and Valentines CBs will be rereleased as well. I would love to get CB Yulebucks and Val 09s, along with another CB for each of the older releases where I froze a hatchling because we were only allowed 2 ever back then.

I'd love to have a chance of old Christmas and Valentines dragons too! :) I'd really really like to get a CB holly especially. Having fresh CB hollies around would be great for people who want lineages!

Gimme dem Valnetinis :P I was also part of the group that used to freeze one and of course it's regrettable now, even though it was worth it when they were the only two we ever got.

actually it'd be an extra dream come true if everyone could get 2 more CBs per breed per year regardless of how many they already had... but even just seeing them come back limited would be great. :P (wonder if I'd have to release the CB frozens?)

On 10/25/2017 at 7:46 AM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

This! I have my first ever CB Black Marrows on my scroll and it's amazing. I never thought I'd be able to have the lovely CB Halloweens I missed and this is so exciting! I hope it means we'll have the chance to get 2 CBs of previous Christmas and Valentine's dragons too.

It's probably a bit late to change, but in the case we have another event like this it'd be better if we could have the "Reorder Items" right under the dragon

As more and more items come out, the inventory pushes the reorder thing out of view of what you're trying to update, y'know?

I know this is just a little thing, and only lasts for a short while, but maybe you could change this for future events?

Right now, the link "Event Home" is at the very bottom of each event-related page. Which means that you'll have to scroll through al available costumes (in dress-up mode) or through all the hatchlings you've met to exchange candy with - which is 57 for me. That's a lot of scrolling.

Do you think you could put the link further up, maybe on top of the page?

Something along the same line is the thing where we can layer the various costume parts. First, there's the clothed hatchling, then the various items, and below that the menu for deciding where which layer goes. The only problem is that you cannot see the effect of what you're doing without excessive scrolling.

As I said, it's a pretty minor thing - but something I feel could be  improved for similar events in the future.

I second olympe's request. That extra scrolling became painful the more hatchlings I viewed/costumes I accumulated.

I third the request! It's a pain to scroll all the way down, and I wonder how much harder that is to do on mobile.