Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

Sorry, but there's what right and what is logical. Spriter's ALTs are rewards to the spriter for a job well done.. I don't think anyone truly begrudes them those.

But ALTs because of glitches or different sprites for NO APPARENT REASON are NOT logical and should never have been added to the game. Black Sweetlings should NOT have been given out in the first place. The missing eggs should have been replaced with normal Pink Sweetlings with an apology and left at that. Otherwise EVERYONE should have been given Black Sweetlings along with the Pink Sweetlings, so everyone would have the same thing and not cause drama and envy.

Same goes for the Snow Angels.. we should have been given only ONE wing type and not three. And if three actually needed to be given out, then we should have been given all three. At the very least, we should have been allowed to CHOOSE which wing type we wanted, not have them arbitrarily assigned.

In the future, I hope that there are NEVER AGAIN any ALTs, variants, etc. etc. because all they do is cause drama and we already have enough of that around here anyway.

Of course Prize dragons are the worst, but that's a topic all by itself. *sigh*

Sorry, but there's what right and what is logical. Spriter's ALTs are rewards to the spriter for a job well done.. I don't think anyone truly begrudes them those.

But ALTs because of glitches or different sprites for NO APPARENT REASON are NOT logical and should never have been added to the game. Black Sweetlings should NOT have been given out in the first place. The missing eggs should have been replaced with normal Pink Sweetlings with an apology and left at that. Otherwise EVERYONE should have been given Black Sweetlings along with the Pink Sweetlings, so everyone would have the same thing and not cause drama and envy.

Same goes for the Snow Angels.. we should have been given only ONE wing type and not three. And if three actually needed to be given out, then we should have been given all three. At the very least, we should have been allowed to CHOOSE which wing type we wanted, not have them arbitrarily assigned.

In the future, I hope that there are NEVER AGAIN any ALTs, variants, etc. etc. because all they do is cause drama and we already have enough of that around here anyway.

Of course Prize dragons are the worst, but that's a topic all by itself. *sigh*

I pretty much agree with you, with one caveate:

I'm happy with the alts..... So long as EVERYONE can get the breds on their scrolls. I'd LOVE the Alts of Snow Angels.... if there was some way I could get all the alts as breds.

There are even MULTIPLE BSA suggestions that would work for Snow Angels.....

Edit:

The link to the BSA suggestion I made for the Snow Angels. The non-BSA thread seems to be either dead or thel ink in my thread to it is dead.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165615&st=0

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Since the news thread shut down I'll say again: thanks so much for the 8th egg slot, and raffle return, and groups! I think groups still have a ways to go in terms of making them easier to manage, but even now they're proving useful to me, so I can't wait to see where they go from here. I haven't been this delighted with DC in years! biggrin.gif

Since the news thread shut down I'll say again: thanks so much for the 8th egg slot, and raffle return, and groups! I think groups still have a ways to go in terms of making them easier to manage, but even now they're proving useful to me, so I can't wait to see where they go from here. I haven't been this delighted with DC in years! biggrin.gif

all of this <3

Came here to say this as well! You summed it up perfectly. I'm simply overjoyed and incredibly grateful for this new set of updates smile.gif

Agreed. Groups are definitely a big first step in the right direction, but the road still looms ahead. xd.png However, I'm glad to see that we're actually asked to contribute ideas to improve the feature.

And hooray for the 8th egg slot! Yay! (I just hope people stop asking for even more, or TJ might actually lose faith in his firm belief that the the slippery slope is, in fact, a fallacy.)

I'm more ambivalent about the re-introduction of raffles, but at the same time, it would be beyond stupid to not sign up for them. *sigh* Now I feel like a hypocrite.

Groups are NOT what I wanted.. groups are just another filter and does absolutely NOTHING to sort your scroll. Regardless of how many groups you make, your SCROLL will look exactly the same as it is currently sorted.

I still want TABS.. something that actually PHYSICALLY sorts your dragons into SEPARATE GROUPS.

I am not wasting my time sorting nearly 5k dragons into 'groups' that are nothing but filters. I did not ask for filters, filters do not sort anything.. I need TABS to sort my scroll properly.

Groups are NOT what I wanted.. groups are just another filter and does absolutely NOTHING to sort your scroll. Regardless of how many groups you make, your SCROLL will look exactly the same as it is currently sorted.

I still want TABS.. something that actually PHYSICALLY sorts your dragons into SEPARATE GROUPS.

I am not wasting my time sorting nearly 5k dragons into 'groups' that are nothing but filters. I did not ask for filters, filters do not sort anything.. I need TABS to sort my scroll properly.

There's a suggestion to kick sorted dragons out of the main scroll, or to allow people to set which group they view first, which would let you select ungrouped and, thus, not see anything you sorted out on your new "main" scroll. Personally I prefer the latter option; I think being able to completely hide dragons feels dishonest. People could apply for gifting groups that require low / no CB rares, dead dragons, new releases whatever and just hide proof that they have those things so they could snatch them instead of people who need them more. And that's just one example.

I don't want to hide anything, not like that. I just want my 'groups' to be actual physical groups.. like different scrolls or pages in a book. Page 1 would be my growing dragons.. page 2 would be my main collection.. page 3 could then be Holiday Dragons.. etc. etc. But whomever was looking (including myself) would only see the dragons on 1 page at a time, and you would need to click on the different pages to see the sorted dragons.

Now admittedly, each dragon could only be on one page, but I don't have a problem with that. Most likely the dragons that would need to be on multiple pages would be rares anyway, and they would already be on a page by themselves.

Filters might work for some players, but they aren't what I need. So they are totally useless as far as I'm concerned.

They don't work for me so there is no point to them seems like an extreme stance to be honest. I get that it might be what you are hoping for but that doesn't mean that it's useless to other users.

For me groups are not useful yet at all as well, for rather different reasons but still... I made 2 just for the sake of it but... eh, if I can't hide chosen non-growing dragons from view as if I didn't have them while featuring different dragons I want to show off for anyone visiting my scroll (not some random non-rememberable link), groups have no use for me, even when they get the custom sorting and start being shown to visitors as clickable links thing. I need to replace my full scroll with a chosen group entirely for anyone visiting my page, myself included, unless I visit the hidden groups specifically... So my visitors (and I) aren't seing a clutter of BSAs, zombie fodders, spares and other feng-shui destroyers:P I can also see it useful for people who own CB Prizes, Hollies etc. so they don't need to hide EVERYTHING they collected just not to be bothered by breeding requests or wahtever... (Ofc TJ and if there are some game mods too, then the mods too, would need to see the full scroll anyway, at least they could choose to, even if average viewers couldn't, just like it is witht he all-hidden scrolls atm)

Also, if only the groups at least had an optional function to prevent from breeding with dragons that aren't in the given group this would help in breeding, especially in the multiple mates cases (one can plan the mates ahead instead of like every single week, checking if the lineages match or if the given dragon is a mate already or nto yet - if it wasn't one of the latest mates anymore). Wouldn't help me with my monogamous breeding this way (initiating the breeding from each pair's respective groups instead of the 'available for breeding' filter would be a nightmare and take forever, unless that could be like scrollwide), but I can see a lot of potential. Though I'd prefer a mate(/s) lock option/function/action/BSA (same use + monogamous compatibile with mass-breeding)...

8th eggslot and new trophy level - ++

Vampires sprite update - + (though I wish there weren't 2 separate threads for workig on them... either public OR in the hidden section... At least the sprites are good though and this is what matters in the end)

Vampires getting a progeny - +

Raffles - actually +, aside to the Shop, this seems like the best sollution - provided these CBs will be tradeable (colour and breed swaps are essential for people with preferences or in case if sb happens to win multiple times and end up with too many of the given prize variant, like 3 Silver Tinsels, while they hoped for 1 Bronze Shimmer, 1 Silver Shimmer and 1 Silver Tinsel or a MF pair or whatever). The market won't suffer, it's biased anyway and CB Prize offers won't make a difference actually xd.png That's what 2gens, NDs and CB Golds have been doing so far anyway...

Ward - kinda not useful... too short duration (6h is less than a night sleep or work), its once per egg limit, it's wearing off instantly upon hatching (this is when Warded eggs already died so far, upon hatching)... And I'm afraid its implementation was accompanied by an increased sickness chance...?

- Meaning the pro-trolling mechanics of death of overview is still a huge problem and Ward doesn't solve it at all, maybe except the in trade eggs for a short duration. Wondering if it's not actually making it worse... because of the upon-hatchling-wearoff and not sufficient maximal duration...

But as for me, though vast majority of the updates don't influence me atm at all in their current forms (I'm personally enjoying the new trophy level and updated Vampires only,ofc not counting the release at all), I appreciate that a few of the users' years-lasting suggestions finally got some kind of a major response, even if still full of flaws or WIPness... I was seriously loosing all hope for this site in 2017 up to now. Now I'm mildly hopeful for it.

If you wanted to be able to use groups for hiding specific dragons/showing off specific dragons, then it's no wonder that groups aren't useful to you, as that doesn't seem to be their intended purpose. Their purpose is more: sort dragons into groups based on defined categories, which is what a lot of us have been asking for with the various sort suggestions. We want to be able to define and group specific dragons based on whatever criteria (with the flexibility to have dragons defined in more than one way), more for our own organizational purposes than how others view our scroll, so that we can easily find x type of dragons.

If what you want is to present a specific set of dragons to visitors, then the suggestion adp mentioned (Remove Grouped Dragons from Scroll) might be beneficial to you, or it sounds like you've got the basis of a new suggestion going on.

So, if you have an issue that groups is not meant to fix, then you should suggest something new that is meant to fix the issue you have/see. ^^

I don't want to hide anything, not like that. I just want my 'groups' to be actual physical groups.. like different scrolls or pages in a book. Page 1 would be my growing dragons.. page 2 would be my main collection.. page 3 could then be Holiday Dragons.. etc. etc. But whomever was looking (including myself) would only see the dragons on 1 page at a time, and you would need to click on the different pages to see the sorted dragons.

Now admittedly, each dragon could only be on one page, but I don't have a problem with that. Most likely the dragons that would need to be on multiple pages would be rares anyway, and they would already be on a page by themselves.

Filters might work for some players, but they aren't what I need. So they are totally useless as far as I'm concerned.

ITs not exactly what you're looking for, but TJ did say that he'd be adding the ability to put links to groups at the top of your scroll, which would be page like smile.gif

Personally however I believe groups NEED to be able to share dragons. Many of my groups have overlap (I have a 2g prize that is ALSO a Spriter's Alt baby; I have ongoing projects that are ALSO IOUs to other people; and so on). However I think a solution that fits your needs without compromising groups as-is can be reached. You can personally choose to only put dragons in one category, the "pages" at the top of our scrolls are on the way, but the final piece would be an option to set a specific group (even if that group is only "ungrouped") as the first page you see when you visit your scroll. Which I've made a pitch for over here https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=179326 for the secondary purpose of allowing us to use the filter by / sort by options within groups :3

And uhhh, this is totally unrelated, but hopefully here's where to post it? I have to agree with Vixen that Ward isn't very useful. Six hours isn't enough to sleep while trusting your eggs won't die, and having it be unusable on hatchlings / switch off when an egg hatches isn't helpful, either (not to mention demeaning to whites healing abilities, but oh well tongue.gif). I guess it was sort of intended solely for maybe being able to save a viewbombed egg rather than the making sure my stupid stubborn incubated prizes don't die, but still. Food for thought.

I wanted to say that. You said it a lot better than I could have. I'm so happy with the 8th egg slot, 24 growing dragons, and the chance to get a Prize Dragon. These "birthday gifts" were so much more than I expected. I am delighted also.

Since I don't see that it's been suggested: the one suggestion I have to improve groups a bit is to be able to organize the groups. My groups are sort of out of order.

I would like to be able to organize by group. For instance on the /group page, I want to be able to have all my biomes first, then described dragons, then lineages. I have them all mixed up, and there's no way to fix them unless I delete the group and make it again (which will take forever).

Edited by Earth Gurl

What I'm asking for is not a 'new' suggestion.. it's an old suggestion that someone locked. I'll find it again and edit.. you can decide to open the old thread or start a new one.

Here's the original suggestion.. https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=79853

It was closed because the problem it described was solved with groups (although, honestly, the op is vague about the purpose it is trying to solve aside from "sorting scrolls" so an updated op would be useful anyway). So if you have a solution to suggest for your problem, please feel free to create a new thread for it.

Since I don't see that it's been suggested: the one suggestion I have to improve groups a bit is to be able to organize the groups. My groups are sort of out of order.

I would like to be able to organize by group. For instance on the /group page, I want to be able to have all my biomes first, then described dragons, then lineages. I have them all mixed up, and there's no way to fix them unless I delete the group and make it again (which will take forever).

EG, that has its own thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=179333 ;3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Okay, so here we go - the latest Updates smile.gif

Groups

- useless for me, as I don't see a point in them. Maybe I'll use them someday, but for now remain untouched.

New Trophy

- one of the wonderful Updates and I hope to see at least 2 more Trophies for a 10/30 Limit! <3

Ward BSA

- nice idea, but as many others already said it, the way it works is useless. Can only use it once on an egg and if the 6 hours passed or the egg hatches, the Hatchling might die of Sickness, anyways. I would love to see the effect last longer or affecting Hatchlings, as well.

Updated Dragons Page

- really useful, but sometimes buggy. Still, I like it!

Monthly Raffles

- YAY! I'm looking forward to join more of them biggrin.gif Wonderful Update.

Vamps

- I like the new Sprites very much. Good job smile.gif

Six New Dragons

- they are all looking awesome and I can barely wait for them to try to Summon. Thank you!

♦Groups

-useless until we're able to add more entire dragon breeds in one group

♦Trophy is awesome as well as the increase in freezes

♦Ward BSA

- not very useful unless the time gets doubled to 12 hours /or works on hatchlings too/ more uses per 1 sick dragon

♦ Updated Dragons Page

- can't wait to see it even more polished, I'm also sad about the badge case... I loved seeing all my badges in a row :/

♦ Monthly Raffles

- very happy about that ~ even though the shop suggestion is still top

♦ Vamps

- love everything except the wings

♦ New dragons

- very sad that the Sinomorph doesn't have an egg and hatchling sprites... Ruins collecting fun in a way.

♣Overall

- disappointed not any really useful things got introduced ~ some are sitting for years in suggestion threads and will sit around even longer as it seems. (unfreeze, refusal lift, egg freeze, suggestions regarding holidays...)

DC is still one of the most player unfriendly collectibles I've ever joined with all these restrictions and specials only certain people were able to obtain (excluding SAs') ninja.gif

↓ Since my post got misunderstood yet again ~ the point of collectible games is to be able to obtain every sprite ~ we can't own all 3 Snow Angels, we can't have 2 version of Sweetlings, *we can't own CB Hybrids/Alts, * we can't own all dragons with "Cave location"+ permanent restrictions as refusals/freezes that can't be undone.

And it's my personal opinion because every other collectible site I joined had all these + "CB Holidays/Donations/Specials" available to old and new players in some way throughout the year.

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

OK - so from me:

♦ Groups -would be good to be able to add more dragons at once - but it isn't something I specially want to do anyway. I am sorry it doesn't meet some people's burning desires - but it is spot on for other people so...

♦ Trophy is good stuff - an even number of slots - and a number that fits lineages - is great. I do wish the platinum trophy were in the same place in the line up as the others, though ! I live for the badge case, by the way.

♦Ward BSA is good too - 6 hours is enough to catch anything sick and fog it, to my mind.

♦ Monthly Raffles - I'd prefer the store, but it is nice that they will happen so often.

♦ The new dragons are lovely.

DC is still one of the most player unfriendly collectibles I've ever joined with all these restrictions and specials only certain people were able to obtain (excluding SAs')  ninja.gif

This post depresses me. I entirely disagree, too. The only thing people haven't been able to get for a while has been prizes - and the raffles fix that.

Edited by fuzzbucket

This post depresses me. I entirely disagree, too. The only thing people haven't been able to get for a while has been prizes - and the raffles fix that.

well with upside down mints, leetle stack of pancakes, thuwed leetle tree and missingnumber fogball, that is stuff that i cant get because they're exclusive for no good reason imo

well with upside down mints, leetle stack of pancakes, thuwed leetle tree and missingnumber fogball, that is stuff that i cant get because they're exclusive for no good reason imo

SINGLE ITEMS - hardly an issue. They can't DO anything. (And missingno was a weird glitch.) Upsydownsy mints can't be seen on scroll, either.

Even so - those few hardly make this

one of the most player unfriendly collectibles
in existence. Not least, there's the community - with people like you gifting all over the place smile.gif

SINGLE ITEMS - hardly an issue. They can't DO anything. (And missingno was a weird glitch.) Upsydownsy mints can't be seen on scroll, either.

Even so - those few hardly make this in existence. Not least, there's the community - with people like you gifting all over the place smile.gif

i know its just the completionist inside me wants to be able to have everything. and i just dont understand why those items i listed have to be exclusive :c

but thank you for the kind words i really appreciate it <3

The pancakes - well, a personal joke is rather something else-ish. I see them as being like spriters' alts.

I collect something IRL and there are some wonderful ones in museums that I can only gaze at through glass... wink.gif as well as some that are too expensive for me ever to own.

Edited by fuzzbucket

My thoughts on the 11th birthday celebration:

• Trophy/Egg Slot-A welcome addition. It's great to have an even number of growing things now.
  • Raffle-Tentatively excited. I'm glad that users all have a chance to enter the raffle now. I'm not so sure how the monthly entry challenges will affect scroll goals, but I'm glad that there will be new prizes, which will hopefully address trading issues. I still hope for a store though.
  • Ward-A good thing in theory. Not necessarily practice. Six hours is very short for a BSA that can only be used once per dragon as an egg. I was also sad to hear from others that they had eggs that died after the 6 hours wore off or immediately upon hatching. It would be helpful if this BSA could be used multiple times per egg.
  • Vampires-Meh. They look nice, but I really wish that TJ had put a stop to one thread or the other. I know artists are supposed to keep secret about the special artists section, so it should have been up to TJ to make it clear that it was already in the works. It seems like the regular DR artists put in a lot of effort for no reason. Yes, I know "growth and experience" are things to be taken away, but TJ chose an already complete dragon from the artists section thread.
  • Groups-More sorting options would be great, but I like them so far.
  • New Dragons-They're interesting. Not such a fan of blatant pop culture references and the summoning of the sinomorph is a little OP for me considering that it's an all powerful being that just appears on your scroll as an adult, but I'm glad we can have more than one and I'm glad they're breedable. New dragons are always welcome. I just wish they [meaning some of the dragon releases lately] weren't so complicated. Users are constantly being told to simplify their requests and here we have a breed with six variants that are all needed to summon a dragon (you need 12 if you want to hopefully have a male and female). I feel for users who can't catch or have limited egg slots. This is not the first time this has happened either on birthdays (GONs, coppers, avatars). I hope "special dragons" don't become the hallmark of DC birthday celebrations. It would have also been nice to see some new spriters.
Slightly unrelated, but I also hope that we have fewer dragons in future releases that are contingent on time or color variants. From 2015 to now, we have had the following dragons that have some special time or color-based attribute: gemshard, xenowyrm, spirit ward (changes color based on time), lunar herald, celestial, dark lumina (people still haven't figured out the breeding mechanic), fire gems, and now zyumorphs. I love new releases (and thankfully have all variants so far), but it's frustrating to constantly have to scramble to collect lots of different versions. Edited by Jazeki