Obscure_Trash

Cave Feedback

A time limit for commons and uncommons in the AP would be lovely. Eggs are just sitting in there for days and most times I view the page it remains stagnant. While sometimes I think of mass clicking and biting I don't think that would help.

@SarcasticGit

Why grab eggs until they're incuhatchable? Most AP eggs aren't work taking up egg slots to people.
But it would be nice if I could see everything that's in the AP instead of just the oldest few.

What sort of time limit? What happens when the time limit is reached? That's a very vague post. Do you mean the eggs vanish after a certain amount of time, or are kicked to the Wilderness after a certain amount of time, or cycle to the back of the AP backlog after a certain amount of time, or something else? And what sort of time limit would be best? I'd prefer no less then a half hour, but I'm sure others would want it much shorter.

(Also, just fyi, eggs certainly do not sit there for "days". The *most* I've ever seen a specific egg sit in the visible AP is perhaps 3-4 hours. It may *seem* like eggs aren't moving if there are a lot of the same breed being shown, but individual eggs definitely don't stay around for anywhere near 24 hours.)

Edited by Marie19R

I'm with everyone else here. Imposing a limit seems very vague and dragons most certainly do not sit in the cave for 24 hours. I do AP hunt when I'm bored or when I'm waiting to kill time and if I go away for an hour or so and come back, there are often new eggs in their place.

And what would happen after the time limit? I admit that I'd be pretty upset if eggs that I bred just hopped over to the wilderness or disappeared because a time limit was reached.

Eggs, do sit for 24+ hours, not in the sense that the same 30 you can see are the same ones on that page for 24 hours, but in the sense that only the oldest eggs in the AP show, and that there's a lot more eggs in the AP than you can see. I really wish we could navigate the entire catalog of eggs in the AP- it's especially bad during the holidays when holiday eggs get priority and a lot of things die.

And having the eggs sit in the AP for a day or two is a large part of what makes them so attractive. Less time left on the egg = less time needed to hatch it.

1 hour ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Eggs, do sit for 24+ hours, not in the sense that the same 30 you can see are the same ones on that page for 24 hours, but in the sense that only the oldest eggs in the AP show, and that there's a lot more eggs in the AP than you can see. I really wish we could navigate the entire catalog of eggs in the AP- it's especially bad during the holidays when holiday eggs get priority and a lot of things die.

I meant the ones on the first page. We have come a long way from what the AP was a long time ago where an extra day was added or eggs with 7 days went to the front.  

Being able to navigate would allow for cherry picking. There was, however, a suggestion a while back to allow for one or two rows of regular eggs during holidays.

Regardless of my poor wording, I'm still wary of sticking a time limit on what shows in the AP. We already have a countdown until death 

Edited by Jazeki
mobile words

1 hour ago, Jazeki said:

I meant the ones on the first page. We have come a long way from what the AP was a long time ago where an extra day was added or eggs with 7 days went to the front.  

Being able to navigate would allow for cherry picking. There was, however, a suggestion a while back to allow for one or two rows of regular eggs during holidays.

Regardless of my poor wording, I'm still wary of sticking a time limit on what shows in the AP. We already have a countdown until death 

It's not poor wording. I absolutely agree with you. Especially about the cherry picking. Those with endless hours to sift through the hundreds and hundreds of eggs in there would have an even greater advantage over those players with a life than they do now, never mind the variations in connectivity among us.

I don't really think that's a bad thing if you have more time to put into something than someone else, why shouldn't you be able to use that? We all have to make choices about what we do and don't put time into. If I choose to put time into this site and get ahead, I don't see the issue. There isn't really much of an advantage in this game anyway, besides people with Prize dragons, since the only goal in this game is what you make it. There's no currency, nothing really long term.
Once you have an adult of anything, you can't trade it, so hording rares will only get you so far.

I breed nice lines to the AP all the time, I get nothing from it. If everyone thinks they're entitled to stuff in the AP, I could just stop doing that and bite every wrong egg I get. If you really want something, collect the adults and breed them yourselves.
And even with 'cherry picking', egg limits really help stop that from happening in mass.

Edit- and before people lambaste me, this is why I liked the Shop suggestion so much.
Gives a value to the commons nobody wants, and lets you earn your way to a rare at your own pace. No random factor and horribly large timesink involved.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

It's not just about time spent. Being able to see *everything* that is in the AP backlog would mean that users wouldn't be seeing the same things, which makes it a whole lot less fair. I don't know how you are envisioning being able to "navigate" the entire AP backlog, but it would most certainly have to involve multiple AP pages, since thousands of eggs loading on one page at once wouldn't be a good idea. And anything that involves multiple AP pages means that people are not seeing the same things. You go to the AP and immediately click on the 4th page, and see a rare. At the exact same time someone else goes to the AP and clicks on the 2nd page, no rare. You get to see and grab that rare while someone else who is also hunting the AP doesn't even get to see it. No thanks. (And I realize that there is a ton of "people not seeing rares" already in the game, but as it stands now if you are on the page at the exact same time odds are you'll be seeing the exact same thing,)

(Also, I think there is *plenty* of advantage in this game. People who have Prizes can trade for ridiculous things, but also people who are good at catching CB Metals can also ask for just about anything they want in return. People who have CB old holidays have an advantage as well, since they can make and trade 2nd-gens (though that advantage may be going away if we get holiday biomes for the other holidays too). People with faster internet, faster reflexes, more free time, or even live in a different timezone then most users, have some type of advantage.)

2 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

It's not just about time spent. Being able to see *everything* that is in the AP backlog would mean that users wouldn't be seeing the same things, which makes it a whole lot less fair. I don't know how you are envisioning being able to "navigate" the entire AP backlog, but it would most certainly have to involve multiple AP pages, since thousands of eggs loading on one page at once wouldn't be a good idea. And anything that involves multiple AP pages means that people are not seeing the same things. You go to the AP and immediately click on the 4th page, and see a rare. At the exact same time someone else goes to the AP and clicks on the 2nd page, no rare. You get to see and grab that rare while someone else who is also hunting the AP doesn't even get to see it. No thanks. (And I realize that there is a ton of "people not seeing rares" already in the game, but as it stands now if you are on the page at the exact same time odds are you'll be seeing the exact same thing,)

(Also, I think there is *plenty* of advantage in this game. People who have Prizes can trade for ridiculous things, but also people who are good at catching CB Metals can also ask for just about anything they want in return. People who have CB old holidays have an advantage as well, since they can make and trade 2nd-gens (though that advantage may be going away if we get holiday biomes for the other holidays too). People with faster internet, faster reflexes, more free time, or even live in a different timezone then most users, have some type of advantage.)

I did mention Prizes as an advantage- I'm going to say all holidays are being rereleased, so that's not gonna be one. Shoot me if I'm wrong.
People who trade high amounts of CB metals, I'm honestly suspicious of- but again, once CB metals grow up, they really aren't more inherently valuable than anything else.

Honestly, it would probably be pages, but it wouldn't be unfair- in the end, all rares would probably be on the last page (or whatever page has the the 'newest' 7 day eggs). If you want to camp for rares, you would be on that page. If you want to just casually look for lineages and don't like the eggs with the lowest time, then you have access to the whole AP. Don't know why everything has to make everything about rares, though. A messy silver or gold isn't worth a penny.

9 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I did mention Prizes as an advantage- I'm going to say all holidays are being rereleased, so that's not gonna be one. Shoot me if I'm wrong.
People who trade high amounts of CB metals, I'm honestly suspicious of- but again, once CB metals grow up, they really aren't more inherently valuable than anything else.

Honestly, it would probably be pages, but it wouldn't be unfair- in the end, all rares would probably be on the last page (or whatever page has the the 'newest' 7 day eggs). If you want to camp for rares, you would be on that page. If you want to just casually look for lineages and don't like the eggs with the lowest time, then you have access to the whole AP. Don't know why everything has to make everything about rares, though. A messy silver or gold isn't worth a penny.

Well that's your opinion. A messy silver or gold is sure as heck "worth" a whole lot to people who don't have any, or people who don't care one bit about lineages (like me). People make things about rares because many suggestions would hurt some (or all) user's chances at getting them. But we could just as easily make it about uncommons. Or even specific breeds of commons. My point was that if everyone is seeing different eggs, there will inevitably be some who see a specific breed and some who don't see it at all, even if they are in the AP at the same exact time. If the "pages" are organized according to time that may lessen that a little, since the most wanted breeds will most likely be in the last page, but I still don't like it. I *like* that in the biomes and AP the same eggs are shown to everyone.

@Marie19R I don't see why the pages wouldn't be organized by time. The same eggs would be shown to everyone. You make your choice about what page you want to look on, but it would be the same to you as it would to me. Just like you make your choice about what biome to hunt in. You can't possibly see all the eggs at once, is that also unfair?

And when I say a messy gold or silver isn't worth anything, I've going by what the Rare Trading Bazaar says. If we have to assign worth something, I'm gonna assign it by what I know people will trade for.

You want a messy silver or gold? I'll give those away. I give almost anything away if people ever ask me to breed.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Please don't page out the AP. I'd rather have things that sit on the top of the pile for too long die. Maybe five minutes of exposure?

38 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Please don't page out the AP. I'd rather have things that sit on the top of the pile for too long die. Maybe five minutes of exposure?

I agree about not paging the AP, but if you are going to sentence an egg to death it needs more than 5 minutes! I have picked up some very nice things that were sitting there longer than that. :o And if you did that I think it would affect the AP so that there would not likely be the lower time eggs that we all like.

Edited by purplehaze

Personally I'm perfectly happy with the way the AP currently works and see no need for it to change. I like being about to pop in and grab some incuhatchable eggs from time to time, and if there's nothing I want, I can go hunt the biomes or breed. The biomes could really use an extra row of eggs, though, with the sheer number of breeds we have now (and if that means more eggs need to drop every hour, that's fine by me).

I agree with @LibbyLishly, I honestly don't see a problem with the way the AP is now. If it were the *only* way to get eggs, then it may be a problem that some eggs sit there for awhile, but that's not the case. If there is nothing you want in the AP, there are *six* biomes to look through, or you could breed your own dragons.

3 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Oh goodness please NO. Five minutes? That's waaaayyy too short. This is why I asked SarcasticGit to expand on what they meant when they asked for a "time limit". There are many things that can be done with "unwanted" AP eggs (although "unwanted" is completely subjective) that do *not* involve outright killing tons of eggs. I'm sure most breeders would be very upset at that idea!

I also agree that the AP doesn't need to change, except when holiday releases roll around. I would be all for an extra row or two of regular eggs in the holiday wall if they're incuhatchable since they're the closest to death.

If eggs died after 5 minutes, I wonder if we'd see the AP empty again. That hasn't been a sight to me since before the AP needed to be below 30 for the cave eggs to be accessed.

That being said, AP hardly has any use to me anymore. Pick up a few eggs, be disappointed in what I see, rinse, repeat. Which is why I wish I had access to more than the 30, cause if the 30 are messy or a breed I don't like, then I pretty much have to wait for someone to take them.

And mass breedings are the worst- I know some of you think it's fun, but I really don't appreciate it.

I understand the frustration of not finding anything you want on the AP, but I don't think it's a big enough problem to do anything drastic like killing off eggs (or changing the entire concept of the AP by making the entire backlog accessible). Some people don't like anything that is showing on the AP at a given time, but some people *do*. Some users *like* the messy, or the inbred, or the breeds others don't like, etc etc. I'm sure there could be something done, if there must be anything done, that doesn't take away the things that other users like about the AP right now. That includes mass-breeds, and messy or inbred lineages, and ultra-commons.

If there *must* be something done, I'd say possibly send an egg to the Wilderness if it has sat in the visible AP for, say, 3-4 hours. That way there are no mass-killings just because no one who is looking at the AP at that moment wants to pick it up, and it's much more reasonable a time limit then 5 minutes. (I could be swayed to support a 1 hour time limit, but no less then that.)

How would you define "sat" though?  When I look at the AP, it does move - people pick up eggs, check them out, and if they don't like them, put them back or do whatever with them.  I don't think an egg would sit that long without being touched.  You'd have to either restart the timer each time it returned to the AP, or have it based on cumulative time in the AP.

I would rather have an egg sent to the Wilderness or otherwised removed based on number of rejections.  If an egg is sent back to the AP a certain number of times by different unique users (to prevent abuse of the feature by a small group of people picking up and tossing the same egg repeatedly) it goes to the Wilderness or whatnot.

That being said, I think the AP as it is currently is working just fine.  People do pick up low time eggs and I doubt many eggs, if any, are dying on the AP unless they're abandoned with extremely short time remaining.  I'd be in favor of the AP showing more slots, though.

6 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

I would rather have an egg sent to the Wilderness or otherwised removed based on number of rejections.  If an egg is sent back to the AP a certain number of times by different unique users (to prevent abuse of the feature by a small group of people picking up and tossing the same egg repeatedly) it goes to the Wilderness or whatnot.

This could work, I'd think. Currently my biggest annoyance is, unless I look at try and to remember the codes, I can't tell what I've already picked up and rejected. I do end up picking stuff up multiple times. If enough people rejected an egg, that would be telling of how desirable it is.

Also, I can't remember if wilderness counts towards ratios or not. If it does, it's better than deleting or killing the eggs, but if it doesn't, it's not much different.

22 minutes ago, LadyLyzar said:

How would you define "sat" though?  When I look at the AP, it does move - people pick up eggs, check them out, and if they don't like them, put them back or do whatever with them.  I don't think an egg would sit that long without being touched.  You'd have to either restart the timer each time it returned to the AP, or have it based on cumulative time in the AP.

That being said, I think the AP as it is currently is working just fine.  People do pick up low time eggs and I doubt many eggs, if any, are dying on the AP unless they're abandoned with extremely short time remaining.  I'd be in favor of the AP showing more slots, though.

I agree with all of this. It's fun picking up and looking and very often someone else will pick up whatever I drop. It works fine. If people have it that much there's always the incuhatch and drop. Works a treat.

I would like the suggestion from ages ago implemented where an egg you had picked up was faded out at least until it had passed through another's scroll.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I agree, the AP works fine, tho i think personally, that during breeding time of holidays it should have a seperate page for them so people can still grab normal eggs and dont see that overflow of holidays.

Tho i see the problem with eggs that get rejected by like 20 unique people and more and left to die or blocking the AP, i would like to see such egg hatch in the wildness or in a kind of 'shelter' for such dragons? But thats just a personal idea so such eggs find a home and dont vanish into nothing.

I'm wary of eggs disappearing based on number of rejections unless that number is suitable high enough (20? 30?) that it wouldn't be making eggs disappear that people might actually really want. A couple people tossing back an egg is definitely not an indication that no one will want it. Just in my own experience over the past week, I've picked up two eggs that I saw get picked up and tossed back multiple times (I know they were the same because I noticed the codes), and on like the 4th or 5th reappearance of the egg I just decided I'd take it (I was looking for a different specific breed, but I still needed more of those breeds so why not).

I'd also *love* some sort of indication on AP eggs that we've already picked up and tossed back, but I've already shown my support for that in the actual suggestion thread (somewhere).