Saartje

Lineage Advice

Lastly I have this amazing gift wub.gifpretty

I continued the spiral but solstice and radiants tied up - I was think along the lines of that alternating nebula spiral seen about but instead using different holidays - what do you think and which holiday to go with next?

Well if you want to do an all holiday theme I guess graves would be next, then wrapping wing, arsani, lurker, c'mas magi, etc.

Could be problematic by the time it got to the pumpkins and hollies, but by that time it would be a pretty long lineage anyway and probably of not much concern to anyone. xd.png

Well if you want to do an all holiday theme I guess graves would be next, then wrapping wing, arsani, lurker, c'mas magi, etc.

Could be problematic by the time it got to the pumpkins and hollies, but by that time it would be a pretty long lineage anyway and probably of not much concern to anyone. xd.png

Thanks Tawanda001 smile.gif Of course I had to try my solstice/radiants up even more with the GON pairing tryouts rolleyes.gif Graves sounds like a cool choice! I may have to give that a go *fingers crossed* Thank you for the advice smile.gif

Help meeee....

Please LOL. I've run out of ideas for names for this lineage and would appreciate some ideas that complement what I already have. The lineage is up to 17 gens so it runs off the page.

Help meeee....

Please LOL. I've run out of ideas for names for this lineage and would appreciate some ideas that complement what I already have. The lineage is up to 17 gens so it runs off the page.

Sonnet?

Prayer?

Postcards?

Legacy?

Silence?

Another random list! laugh.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Help meeee....

Sonnet

Song

Aria

History

Images

Reveries

Memories

Melodies

Reminiscences

Imitations

Just a few off the top of my head. I hope they help. Good luck with your line! <3

And ninja'd by purplehaze! I guess we both like Sonnets! smile.gif

Edited by dragongrrl

(Sonnet is the first gen of dragons.)

Record

Account

History

Archive

Document

Annals

(Sonnet is the first gen of dragons.)

So it is, and I even clicked back to look and forgot that quickly! *headdesk*

So it is, and I even clicked back to look and forgot that quickly! *headdesk*

Same here. I guess it explains why we both thought it was an obvious choice. rolleyes.gif

But I'm glad Sock likes History, too! biggrin.gif

Thank you all so much. I finally narrowed it down to four. A number of them were already taken on at least one of the seasons, mostly the Winters for some reason, so I had to pass on some. sad.gif So this years dragons start with http://dragcave.net/lineage/m4si3 and http://dragcave.net/lineage/Sv7ub and for next year I have http://dragcave.net/lineage/2kO6 and http://dragcave.net/lineage/d2ZI

Thanks again for your help, it's great I don't have to worry about names for two years!

So, I got this little shiny in a trade. And promptly squee'd all over the poor thing. Then realized I have no clue how to carry it forward.

I, like many, have no CB Hollys. So that is out. I do have a male and female GoN so I could go that way with it. But would breeding with another Xmas dragon look better? I don't know what do to with this baby. I really, really would love to do an EG with it, but.. once again, that lack of Holly bites me in the tush. laugh.gif

So what do you think would look best in the next gen pairing, a GoN, a Holiday? SS or Spiral? Other suggestions?

Thanks!

ETA - Because I forgot it originally, oops! Thanks Tecca. smile.gif

http://dragcave.net/view/IaRjN

Edited by jocosa

So, I got this little shiny in a trade. And promptly squee'd all over the poor thing. Then realized I have no clue how to carry it forward.

I, like many, have no CB Hollys. So that is out. I do have a male and female GoN so I could go that way with it. But would breeding with another Xmas dragon look better? I don't know what do to with this baby. I really, really would love to do an EG with it, but.. once again, that lack of Holly bites me in the tush.  laugh.gif

So what do you think would look best in the next gen pairing, a GoN, a Holiday? SS or Spiral? Other suggestions?

Thanks!

Congrats on your aquisition! Reds are often substituted for Hollies in lineages, and I think that would look better than another Christmas dragon. I'd do GoN x Red, and breed that 2G to your Avatar for an even lineage. Also, can you post the lineage link? wink.gif

I didn't even know this thread existed!

I was gifted a 3G Bronze shimmer when I just joined here (a few months ago). I'm currently breeding her with a frostbite for an IOU (without much succes), but I was wondering what would be best?

I can't really think of a dragon that looks slightly alike a solstice sad.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/rZl6M

I didn't even know this thread existed!

I was gifted a 3G Bronze shimmer when I just joined here (a few months ago). I'm currently breeding her with a frostbite for an IOU (without much succes), but I was wondering what would be best?

I can't really think of a dragon that looks slightly alike a solstice sad.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/rZl6M

I feel your pain on missing out on certain CB Holiday eggs. laugh.gif

I would have suggested Frostbite, but you are already trying that, so maybe a Blue-Banded? Not identical, but somewhat similar. Also maybe try switching up the Frostbite partner. I've had some pairs that while they don't refuse, they rarely produce an egg. It can go on for ages, but then I switch the mate, try again, and BAM, egg. If you have spares, it can't hurt to try. smile.gif

I feel your pain on missing out on certain CB Holiday eggs. laugh.gif

I would have suggested Frostbite, but you are already trying that, so maybe a Blue-Banded? Not identical, but somewhat similar. Also maybe try switching up the Frostbite partner. I've had some pairs that while they don't refuse, they rarely produce an egg. It can go on for ages, but then I switch the mate, try again, and BAM, egg. If you have spares, it can't hurt to try. smile.gif

I can't believe I hadn't thought of that yet! I have another frostbite that is indeed doing nothing xd.png

Thanks a bunch for the advice!

And yeah, I think frostbite would look a bit better than blue-banded indeed.

Have

- CB Male Ice Dragon

- CB Female Thunder Dragon

- CB Male Magma

Requests

- Don't want to breed with holidays

- Or hybrids or legendary dragon please

Other than that, any dragon is suitable! So fire away your common, uncommon & rare dragon types that you think will suit! smile.gif

Edited by aussieJJDude

Have

- CB Male Ice Dragon

- CB Male Magma

Requests

Other than that, any dragon is suitable! So fire away your common, uncommon & rare dragon types that you think will suit! smile.gif

...bump... anyone?

Edited by aussieJJDude

Have

- CB Male Ice Dragon

- CB Male Magma

Requests

For the male Ice:

- Undine

- Blue-Banded

- Falconiform

- Frostbite

- Moonstone

- Green Copper

- Bleeding Moon

- Nhiostrife

For the female Thunder:

- Gold

- Falconiform

- Brute

- Black Capped Teimarr

- Moonstone

- Yellow-Crowned

- Nhiostrife

For the male Magma:

- Silver

- Cassare

- Falconiform

- Fever Wyvern

- Royal Crimson

- Moonstone

- Brown Copper

- Red Copper

- Imperial Fleshcrowne

- Nhiostrife

- Gold Wyvern

Just a few pairings for each that I think look kind of nice. Hope that helps and gives you some ideas. happy.gif

For the male Ice:

- Undine

- Blue-Banded

- Falconiform

- Frostbite

- Moonstone

- Green Copper

- Bleeding Moon

- Nhiostrife

For the female Thunder:

- Gold

- Falconiform

- Brute

- Black Capped Teimarr

- Moonstone

- Yellow-Crowned

- Nhiostrife

For the male Magma:

- Silver

- Cassare

- Falconiform

- Fever Wyvern

- Royal Crimson

- Moonstone

- Brown Copper

- Red Copper

- Imperial Fleshcrowne

- Nhiostrife

- Gold Wyvern

Just a few pairings for each that I think look kind of nice. Hope that helps and gives you some ideas. happy.gif

Thanks,

That has given me some ideas! laugh.gif

Thank you very much.

Thanks,

That has given me some ideas! laugh.gif

Thank you very much.

Glad I could be of help! wink.gif

On a side note, Greys and Electrics might also look nice with the Thunder.

I need a suggestion for one of my dragons.

In a trade I got this pretty silver http://dragcave.net/lineage/MluTA but now the problem is finding a proper mate.

Do you think I'd better

- simply look for a 3rd gen black x silver

- look for a 3rd gen marrow x silver at halloween

- look for a 3rd gen cavern lurker x silver at halloween

- look for a 3rd gen sweetling x silver at valentine. The sweetling would have only regulars in its lineage.

The two halloween wouln't be a problem since, at worst, I can breed them myself.

@ Iside - I like the look of Marrows combined with the Darklings, myself, so I'd go with the 2nd option. smile.gif

I just bred this! I love how it looks! But I have no other CB Silvers.. OR coppers as of now.

I want to make a checker, maybe an inbred (So I would need just one other pair) or a 'regular' one. Any suggestions on making a mate and future mates?

Edit: Just realized I wouldn't need another pair if I'd go with inbred. So if I would make a regular checker... any suggestions?

Edited by Annezor

I just bred this! I love how it looks! But I have no other CB Silvers.. OR coppers as of now.

I want to make a checker, maybe an inbred (So I would need just one other pair) or a 'regular' one. Any suggestions on making a mate and future mates?

Edit: Just realized I wouldn't need another pair if I'd go with inbred. So if I would make a regular checker... any suggestions?

If your going to make a checker, your going to need a lot of trades - blood swaps - unless you want all parents to be from your scroll - and then you have to pray to the DC gods! smile.gif

Currently, I am in love in inbred lineages, so if you going to make your beauty an inbred, I would be very interested!

I have a beautiful dorkface white checker. I know that I never going to find the perfect gold partner to continue on the lineage, so would anyone recommend anything or will it be best if I continued on with it.