Saartje

Lineage Advice

I have a beautiful dorkface white checker. I know that I never going to find the perfect gold partner to continue on the lineage, so would anyone recommend anything or will it be best if I continued on with it.

I wouldn't say you will never find the perfect gold partner. There are quite a lot of people doing Gold x White checkers. Try asking in the even gen thread to see who has a lineage like that and what they would want for a Gold egg. You may very well find just what you are looking for and not have to pay an arm and a leg for it. wink.gif

I just bred this! I love how it looks! But I have no other CB Silvers.. OR coppers as of now.

I want to make a checker, maybe an inbred (So I would need just one other pair) or a 'regular' one. Any suggestions on making a mate and future mates?

Edit: Just realized I wouldn't need another pair if I'd go with inbred. So if I would make a regular checker... any suggestions?

I've run into this problem myself (bred a 2G Gold from Radiant Angel... and didn't have another Gold to create a mate with).

What I try to do in that situation is trade! Bloodswaps are your friend. Try to swap your Copper for one from an identical pair -- that way, you can continue to breed your pair until they produce the harder-to-get Silver.

If you find that you absolutely can't get any interest in the less-common one, let it grow up and then try for the rarer one (I had to do this with a Silver/Royal Blue project, because nobody was offering bloodswaps for the Blues; instead I kept them and waited till I got a Silver, then offered that -- bam, bloodswap).

Alternatively, see if you can find a PB Silver up for trade in the trading board, and make an offer on it. You could build a lineage like this, where the generations are even but instead of a checker or PB there's a "stripe" of a different breed along the bottom or top of the shape!

I wouldn't say you will never find the perfect gold partner. There are quite a lot of people doing Gold x White checkers. Try asking in the even gen thread to see who has a lineage like that and what they would want for a Gold egg. You may very well find just what you are looking for and not have to pay an arm and a leg for it. wink.gif

I think Brimstones are a great color match for Golds, especially male Golds (who are bigger and show up brighter in lineage view)! I could easily see your White with a White/Brimstone checker mate. As a bonus, it'd be quite easy to breed yourself, or to request 2nd gen "starters" for; people probably wouldn't have them up for trade in the normal course of things, but if you asked it would be an easy enough thing to do for most people.

Alternately, what about a WinterMagi/White checker? It's not close to Christmas, so anyone who can breed such a thing probably is willing to do so; there's not much demand this far from December. They're pretty and gold-ish, and a bit more "rare" than a Brimstone, if you want a match that's closer in that sense.

Either way, that doesn't stop you from changing his mate at some future point, either, if you stumble upon someone who can breed a perfect Gold match eventually! As someone else said, the Even Gen Lineage Help thread is sometimes very handy; I've found mates for tricky-to-find-mates-for dragons there! (Including the mate for my White/Sweetling checker Sweetling, I think!)

Good luck!

I got an absolutely lovely marrow from one of Lyz's heartseeker alts, but I'm not sure what to use color wise to breed a mate for the non-Halloween season:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Which looks like the best replacement?

I got an absolutely lovely marrow from one of Lyz's heartseeker alts, but I'm not sure what to use color wise to breed a mate for the non-Halloween season:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Which looks like the best replacement?

The Brute goes well. Can't say I'm thrilled with any of the others.

user posted image would have a matching pose, but it might be a tad too bright, eh?

The Brute goes well. Can't say I'm thrilled with any of the others.

That's where I was leaning - thanks!

-male tea- would have a matching pose, but it might be a tad too bright, eh?

Actually, that's what led me to brute, lol. Yeah, I think it might be too bright, as much as I love my teas. ;~;

Try the alt Sweetling thread. I'm pretty sure there are people with similar lineages you could contact to see if they would be interested in breeding you a mate.

Thanks! I didn't know that even existed. smile.gif

Am I allowed to ask how rare a line is? I just got this line that I don't have yet, but I was curious as to the rarity of it.

I'm starting a Lineage project and I need two cbs I want a Blue female nebula (Which is going to be named Nyx) but have no idea what to use as a mate (which is going to be named Kalona) I need a dragon that would make a good warrior, I'm thinking a Black dragon would be perfect, But still want suggestions for it.

the lineage should look like this but with the new chosen dragons:

user posted image

This is also one of my other lineage projects as you can clearly see all non second gen dragons are going to be inbred clearly because finding enough cb's is going to get quite boring and because that way all dragons are linked

Edited by isabella3

I just checked - You'll have to add a second name. Nyx and Kalona are already taken. The already named Kalona is a cave lurker which seems an interesting alternative to the black. Or Despis of course. If there were cb Avatars of destruction I'd be tempted to recommend those. Then there are the guardian dragons, but since I am guessing you are aiming for the house of night Kalona, I think they aren't that good a choice. Long story short - while there are alternatives I agree that black would be your best choice. Good luck with your lineage project!

Edit: Woha. Just had another look at your sample lineage. Is this new lineage going to be inbreed too?

Edited by Laura-Lana

Imho good "warrior" dragons can be black, ember (especially the male has a very fiece pose), brute or maybe also sunstone, which would look great together with blue neb

Yeah. That lineage is also another of my lineage's as I've mentioned they're inbred for a reason: The first being it would take ages to find enough cb's and it's a real easy way to create even gen and keep track of them all. I never give away my project dragons because of the fact they're inbred. also it kinda looks cool in a way...

I was planning to add a second name to both Nyx and Kalona and the suggestions for the dragons are rather nice I never considered sunstone... hmmm well this should be fun

Can't decide between Ember and Black The Ember looks strong and powerful but the blacks have good warriors in their descriptions ahhh why does this have to be so damn hard

Update: Chose ember

Edited by isabella3

Now I gotta decide on secondary name for my lineage project dragons the name will be used for both Kalona and Nyx and their offspring.

What do you recommend I breed these three with?

Dragon 1:lineage

Lineage details: trying to find a mate for this whitexsilver checker. Should I keep silver females or mate her with a male silverxwhite line?

Dragon 2 lineage

Lineage details: 5th even gen pure Thuwed needs a mate. Are there enough thuweds to breed her to another pure Thuwed line without inbreeding? Or should I breed her to something else? If so, what?

Dragon 3 lineage

Lineage details: 6th even gen pure Thuwed needs a mate and has the same problem as above. What do I breed him with?

I need opinions on which of these lineages would look best.

Lineages 1, 2, or 3 with Trihorn Wyverns at the top: Link

Or

Lineages 4, 5, or 6 with Silvers at the top: Link

Kurane: I like the Trihorns personally.

Suggestions of what to pair with this? I know a lot of people do a pyramidal thing. Not sure if I want to try that or something else. Plus how do you continue after you make the pyramid? (A pyramid in my mind being the result of two shimmerkins.)

Kurane: I like the Trihorns personally.

Suggestions of what to pair with this? I know a lot of people do a pyramidal thing. Not sure if I want to try that or something else. Plus how do you continue after you make the pyramid? (A pyramid in my mind being the result of two shimmerkins.)

By pyramid do you mean this? -> http://dragcave.net/lineage/neoLh

If so, most pairings I see are like so http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=neoLh

This is another I have seen done, I have seen it called a paw pattern

http://dragcave.net/lineage/wAV7X

Edited by Tawanda001

I need opinions on which of these lineages would look best.

Lineages 1, 2, or 3 with Trihorn Wyverns at the top: Link

Or

Lineages 4, 5, or 6 with Silvers at the top: Link

I don't think you'd get a Silver from a Tidal anytime soon - Tidals are very dominant, unfortunately.

By pyramid do you mean this? -> http://dragcave.net/lineage/neoLh

If so, most pairings I see are like so http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=neoLh

This is another I have seen done, I have seen it called a paw pattern

http://dragcave.net/lineage/wAV7X

By pyramid I do mean that. Thanks for the suggestions. That paw pattern is interesting. I would have never thought of something like that. I'll have to work on thinking outside the box.

I've been trying to pair up some of my mateless dragons and I'm running across a recurring issue--misgendered spirals like this fellow. To continue the pattern he should've been a girl and now I don't know what to do with him. I have a bunch like this that I really want to breed but I don't want to destroy the pattern. What type of shape looks best paired with this type of line?