Saartje

Lineage Advice

That is a tough choice. I think I would leave it peaceful, though. That seems to me to be more consistent with the change in the female half.

But there is no wrong choice there!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

That is a tough choice. I think I would leave it peaceful, though. That seems to me to be more consistent with the change in the female half.

But there is no wrong choice there!

Thank you! :)

On 12/28/2021 at 6:21 AM, Ruffledfeathers said:

To enrage or leave peaceful? Thought it would be an easier choice but now not so sure!

25D9C673-F49B-4A05-A2FB-8B8654267024.jpeg.a0eeab70257e73fe9d01d6ff14605a34.jpeg

I think I would keep it peaceful and therefore there would be two possible lineages.  One could be alternating generations and the other could be a base of Enraegis x Blue Sapphire.  On the other hand, Enraged x pink would also look good. 

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

I think I would keep it peaceful and therefore there would be two possible lineages.  One could be alternating generations and the other could be a base of Enraegis x Blue Sapphire.  On the other hand, Enraged x pink would also look good. 

Thanks for your input! I think I will leave him happy :)

Here's something I've been agonizing over-- this Halloween, I got lucky and managed to snag these two 2nd gen salts from the AP-- however, they were too low-time to   influence and they both gendered incorrectly for a checker. I've been struggling to figure out a lineage that will compliment them-- thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

3 hours ago, Electric-Borealis said:

Here's something I've been agonizing over-- this Halloween, I got lucky and managed to snag these two 2nd gen salts from the AP-- however, they were too low-time to   influence and they both gendered incorrectly for a checker. I've been struggling to figure out a lineage that will compliment them-- thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

My first impulse would be... I don't know if there's a term for it, I call it an "alternating checker". Something like this, basically. You could also do a spiral, picking mates that compliment that spriter's alt.

4 hours ago, Electric-Borealis said:

Here's something I've been agonizing over-- this Halloween, I got lucky and managed to snag these two 2nd gen salts from the AP-- however, they were too low-time to   influence and they both gendered incorrectly for a checker.

Some good luck!! :D 

The idea of an alternating check that @Guillotine proposed is nice!

I know that some people who have multiple 2G Salts breed them together, a bit like This dragon I have, although it doesnt have to be the same SAlt. Some do Thuweds, HMs. There are always plenty of options!  

On 12/30/2021 at 12:38 PM, Electric-Borealis said:

An alternating checker is always a nice-looking option, especially as the generations go on.  If you wanted to mix things up, though, a Mint from Thalassa would make a neat mate that kinda mirrors the colors of the Alt x Mint.  (Or branch out from wyrms and go with Sunsong, Spinel, Kingcrowne...  Erador for the male and Heartstealing for the female?)

I got stupid lucky a few weeks back and plucked my literal dream dragon for an OC out of the AP of all places - a CB Stat out of the desert biome. And, as expected, I CANNOT find a matching male, though I do need her for some breeding stuff asap, SO. What would y'all pick for her? Only real requirement is that the mate's breed is equally gorgeous (and attainable) :')

Bonus round - this is Confident Disaster. I want people to have dergs with her name shown because I think I'm the funniest person I've ever met, but soooooo many random choices XD

3 hours ago, Astharoshe said:

I got stupid lucky a few weeks back and plucked my literal dream dragon for an OC out of the AP of all places - a CB Stat out of the desert biome. And, as expected, I CANNOT find a matching male, though I do need her for some breeding stuff asap, SO. What would y'all pick for her?

How about an Almandine Pyralspite?

I've been waffling for some time about what I would like to breed my female bronze tinsel to for Valentine's.  While I have alt sweetlings, I don't think she matches that well.  Coloring and position-wise, maybe a Heartseeker?

I think the Heartseeker would be my first choice for a pairing. Second choice would be Erador.

I was extremely lucky, and got my first AP Salt!

And she gendered right! Its a holiday x holiday, however the alt colour is so different to OG I am not sure it would look right a standard check?

Its a pitfire, I think a resurrected one would probably look better but not sure, any ideas? :) I dont have an unpaired salt to pair it off with.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/XdAxs

I also got a Black marrow x Black sweet which will gender wrong, but Id like to do something with him and Im not sure as well? I love it so much despite the misgender!! Have always kinda wanted one 😜

17354FC9-5C43-49CE-81D0-766C422576C0.jpeg.c66ec7a33162a5a59e8fd04d9bbb6690.jpeg

I am wondering if black x Marrow would work? Not sure tbh.

I'm trying to decide between the following pairings for my Spring breeding project.  What do you think?

Spoiler

Neotropical.thumb.jpg.921356ac9cbb91c239926bc235ff7fa1.jpg

Canopy.thumb.jpg.5b947de6727bac01993f91a0a8e9e78d.jpg

Pink.thumb.jpg.6095b529177adb2783509a30a8056b76.jpg

I agree. Pink would be my first choice, then Neos, and last Canopy, although none of them are bad.

I'm planning to start a Terrae x Pyropellis line. Not that they pair particularly well together, but... I just want to. 😌

Which Pyropellis color I should decide on?

The obvious choice, aka green, clashes pretty badly...  or so I thought, but the more I look at it... it might not be that bad?? What do you think?

(Lineage pics under spoiler)

Spoiler

20240325_084021.thumb.jpg.af3afc43a1950c6a90d5d044ed6f60f1.jpg

20240325_084100.thumb.jpg.f8989e5580a52af87587bb86705d160d.jpg

20240325_084117.thumb.jpg.b4536ee89e3bee1c0f8744d99bcd780d.jpg

20240325_084158.thumb.jpg.9ca7ce58ab737a958277e3eaad777142.jpg

20240325_084224.thumb.jpg.8e705283d99cfaeb733dbf29037c55dc.jpg

20240325_084246.thumb.jpg.09c5624f8aaa183741b76cd1e94a88d4.jpg

Personally, I like it best with the flameless one. Second choice would be green.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Personally, I like it best with the flameless one. Second choice would be green.

1 hour ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

Same here! :)

Me three.

9 hours ago, Frej_the_Gold said:

I kinda like orange

Orange is not bad. Still like flameless and green better, so I guess orange would be third choice for me.

Thanks for all the answers! Flameless it is. :)

Also agree that orange is quite good with this pairing, that'd be my second choice, I think.