Saartje

Lineage Advice

I'm considering doing these two together because I'll probably never find a perfect match for C5, or at the very least it will take a long time. I'm not sure if Royal Blues would look better with Sunrise or Sunset, though.. Here's a 3rd Gen version to get a better idea of it: [image]

I, personally, like the sunrise better...

Ooh, everyone above me said sunrise, but I liked sunset better. I don't think you could go wrong, either way, they both look nice.

Sunrise is the pose perfect but i like the colours for Sunset and Royal Blue better though decision and i am glad that it is up to you. tongue.gif

First sight says Sunsets but then...

Edited by Tigerkralle

I've just bred https://dragcave.net/lineage/oKdZm for my multi arrows project and I'm having a hard time deciding what to influence it. These are the two potential mates:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Vz1G1 has an All Thuwed 1st gen.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/QQtGC also has Shimmers and Tinsels in it. They are opposite genders so influence depends on the mate I choose. I Can't Decide!!!

They liked each other!

Thank you everyone for your advice.

I've got two valentine dragons I want to breed to create a checkerboard, but one of them has already been bred with a dreamer dragon - and only a dreamer dragon. Should I breed the two valentines or continue the dreamer/valentines dragon.

The dreamer/valentine dragon line has also been passed on, and now bred with other dragons. Do people usually keep their lineages on their own scroll to prevent this?

It really depends on how you feel about multiple mates for your dragons. Some people insist on dedicated mates, others -- like me -- use them indiscriminately.

If you breed your Valentine during the Valentine breeding season it will be impossible to keep all its offspring on your own scroll because most times Valentine dragons will produce multi-egg clutches (up to four) and you can only keep one at the most. What your dragon's offspring mate with really doesn't affect your dragon at all, so I wouldn't worry about it.

REQUEST FOR ADVICE:

How should I put together a document or spreadsheet that is straightforward and easily understandable? So far I have this document, but two different people who have looked through it have said that it is confusing.

Any help would be fantastic. wink.gif

REQUEST FOR ADVICE:

How should I put together a document or spreadsheet that is straightforward and easily understandable? So far I have this document, but two different people who have looked through it have said that it is confusing.

I put together this web site for trying to get a handle on my lineages. Primarily for the lineage group I am in so people can see what I have for requests. But also for me to try to keep things straight, it is a work in progress. Haven't really had much feedback as to how easy/hard navigation is.

REQUEST FOR ADVICE:

I use a spreadsheet. I like the multiple tabs, it's easier for me to keep track of things than a single page document would be. Plus it's a work in progress and easier for me to edit this way. Spreadsheets are awesome.

Edited by Wiz

REQUEST FOR ADVICE:

I also have a spreadsheet (a lovely member from the boards was nice enough to let me use their template to make mine). I like it because I can edit it from my other devices when I'm on the go (like an iPad or Surface Pro). happy.gif

================================================

I have a lineage question too. xd.png

I want to turn this female into an EG lineage, but I don't want to mess it up since I don't have much experience starting an EG line. Would I need to breed a male Almandine x female Silver or vice versa? If I'm imagining this correctly, I would have the top line as male Silvers and the bottom as female Almandines.

I have a lineage question too. xd.png

I want to turn this female into an EG lineage, but I don't want to mess it up since I don't have much experience starting an EG line. Would I need to breed a male Almandine x female Silver or vice versa? If I'm imagining this correctly, I would have the top line as male Silvers and the bottom as female Almandines.

If you want M Silvers along the top and F Almandines along the bottom then you need the two breeds to stay the same gender throughout the lineage. So all males need to be Silver including the CBs.

Example.

If you want M Silvers along the top and F Almandines along the bottom then you need the two breeds to stay the same gender throughout the lineage. So all males need to be Silver including the CBs.

Example.

So I just need to keep repeating the same M Silver x F Almadine throughout? Sounds easy enough. Thanks! cool.gif

I'd like people's opinions on how to match a Frill in a lineage.

I have a ribbon dancer from frill that I'd like to get a mate for, and am torn between going for a green or a vine mate. I think greens have a more similar pose, but vines are probably a closer colour match.

If anyone has example lineages with Frills matched by other breeds that I can compare, that's also be appreciated ^^

I'd like people's opinions on how to match a Frill in a lineage.

I have a ribbon dancer from frill that I'd like to get a mate for, and am torn between going for a green or a vine mate. I think greens have a more similar pose, but vines are probably a closer colour match.

If anyone has example lineages with Frills matched by other breeds that I can compare, that's also be appreciated ^^

How about an EG lineage? That way you could match kind of like this.

If you decide to go that way let me know, I'd be happy to breed you a Frill x Ribbon Dancer at Christmas for the second half of your lineage.

I've been fiddling based on Wiz's suggestion, but my main problem is I am a sucker for symmetry tongue.gif

If Xmas dragons weren't monogendered, I'd go for a PB with Frills in base, but, well...

The first one is pretty much their idea, but I am leaning towards the second:

user posted image

user posted image

Vines actually make a pretty good substitute for male ribbon dancers!

So?

ETA: Actually...

user posted image

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

My favourite is the last option with male Dark Greens and the Ribbon Dancers.

hey!! im a total n00b, I picked up this dragon from the AP (my first egg actually!) and was wondering what kind of mate you all think would be best for him?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ibNor

if only "CB Pasodd" were female I could do a perfect mirror, but alas...!

thank you so much!! <3

I'd do a Daydreamer with the same CB base but with male Dreamer x female White in the second gen.

@Prince_Xanthius: I like the third one too.😁

Edited by Wiz

hey!! im a total n00b, I picked up this dragon from the AP (my first egg actually!) and was wondering what kind of mate you all think would be best for him?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ibNor

if only "CB Pasodd" were female I could do a perfect mirror, but alas...!

thank you so much!! <3

I got a suitable Daydream for you: http://dragcave.net/lineage/SvSr7

I'll influence it female, hatch it and then send it your way smile.gif

Your Wave Runner is the wrong gender for a checker. What you could do is make a spiral line with your CB Mint, or an alternating checker with a female Mint from a Wave Runner mother (looks like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/z5iyV except that Mint and Wave Runner don't have differing sprites for the genders)