Saartje

Lineage Advice

@Sock - I was surprised how much I like it with the Mint. The Speckle Throats are good, too.

How about maybe a Sunstone?

Or maybe a Harvest?

Oooh, I like the harvests pose-wise but the sunstone colors look really nice. Thanks. o3o

I acquired a couple of Cavern Lurker x Gold Shimmerscale shimmers only I joined DC too late to get any CB Lurkers. What dragon is similar enough in appearance to Lurkers that I could use as a replacement?

For example:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/xnnsp

I would personally build that a mate to make an arrowhead. Brutes may work to continue the stair if you really want, though.

Thanks, I decided to go for the stair only problem is that I influenced it's mate wrong

I have this Bronze Shimmer x Sweetling, which sadly I do not have a Sweetling mate for. So far I've bred her with Pinks like so (gotten fails only), but I don't know if I like the way it looks. The other option I can think of is to breed her with a Radiant Angel, the only other CB male Valentine breed I have, but it's a completely different color, not like the female Valentines which are all pinkish.

Since it is not a two-breed stair, trade value is minimal and I'd be gifting the offspring anyway, but I still want my babies to look good for their giftees. Should I breed her with Pink, Radiant Angel, a different pink-colored dragon? Something else? What do you think would look good. smile.gif

Edit: Thanks for the input, Sock! Gilraen, thank you for posting that lineage, it does help me visualize it. smile.gif

Edited by Tecca

*votes for an arrowhead again*

The pink doesn't look too different, though. I would stick with it for a stair. I think it will blend in pretty well where the radiant angel will draw more attention to the difference.

I have this Bronze Shimmer x Sweetling, which sadly I do not have a Sweetling mate for. So far I've bred her with Pinks like so (gotten fails only), but I don't know if I like the way it looks. The other option I can think of is to breed her with a Radiant Angel, the only other CB male Valentine breed I have, but it's a completely different color, not like the female Valentines which are all pinkish.

I picked up an AP shimmer egg today, from the same grandparents, and the 3rd gen male is pink - this is what it looks like: stair lineage. Just in case it helps you visualize it smile.gif

Thanks, sock, I was able to turn it into this and only needed to breed more one generation to boot

Edited by Chaos Rider

Thanks, sock, I was able to turn it into this and only needed to breed more one generation to boot

Oh, nice! I really like the way the shimmers are framed. :3

Eeee, got an influence-decision to make - I'm not sure if I want to do this or this.

I was thinking about making different eggs from whatever pairing I go with and breeding them together - so probably spring and autumn ones from the first one, or winter and spring from the second one (possibly more than two eggs, with multiple inbreedings for either lineage).

I sort of want to view all of that on one page to help me decide because my leaning towards one isn't a very strong leaning and I'm kind of just wishing I could do both. If anyone has opinions on which way to influence I'd love to hear them :D edit: This is just for aesthetics, not trading offspring or anything. :)

Edited by diaveborn

Make a screenshot of your intended lineage? While your eggy is fogged, there is not a lot to see and judge ...

Personally, I like the symmetric alternation of the first pair (the one with the Tinsel).

If you intend to breed siblings together, you can just make a screenshot of that lineage, and copy & paste it multiple times to see how that would look together. The second one would kinda look like a fork with Golden prongs biggrin.gif

The second one is neat color-wise, but I agree that overall, I would choose the first one shape/pattern-wise. :3

Sounds like a good idea - especially as you could also include 2nd gens of less common dragons which are easier to get than caveborns of these.

I was wondering what this lineage would be called

http://dragcave.net/lineage/iSnmV

Also should I breed the purple to a pink to finish it off in the same way it was started or leave it as is?

That is so pretty! I would call it a rainbow stair.

And you can suit yourself about adding the pink, whichever you think looks better. Personally I would leave it as is.

Need help with the shinies biggrin.gif I get pretties and then a little lost what to do with them.

First little one checker - I am really hoping eventually to find the perfect checker mate (but this may be a very long time if at all possible) In meantime what do you guys think would be a nice checker combo for an even gen?

2nd even gen madness - I am a lucky lady to have some 2nd gens to play on this, would this work? Or this little one?

Lastly I have this amazing gift wub.gifpretty

I continued the spiral but solstice and radiants tied up - I was think along the lines of that alternating nebula spiral seen about but instead using different holidays - what do you think and which holiday to go with next?

Thank you very very much in advance for any help. This is pretty adventurous for me on lineages (anyone who knows me knows I am still learning laugh.gif )

First little one checker - I am really hoping eventually to find the perfect checker mate (but this may be a very long time if at all possible) In meantime what do you guys think would be a nice checker combo for an even gen?

If it was a gold shimmer, I'd try gold x copper checker. Since it is bronze... maybe brown x green copper?

2nd even gen madness - I am a lucky lady to have some 2nd gens to play on this, would this work? Or this little one?

Both are pretty, but I'd choose the second one. Silver x silver is always appealing to me smile.gif

If it was a gold shimmer, I'd try gold x copper checker. Since it is bronze... maybe brown x green copper?

Both are pretty, but I'd choose the second one. Silver x silver is always appealing to me smile.gif

Thank you Irecha wub.gif

I'm trying to do a song lyric lineage. I think I miscounted somewhere (or I'm miscounting now). I was originally using this lovely lineage to pattern it. I ended up with 36 names (so a 36 dragon lineage). But now that I'm counting again that lineage only goes up to 30 (31 counting the final offspring; mine would end on 37). Can I make this work as an even-gen? I'm not sure I can break the lines down any more than I have (happy to post them if that would help), and some were past the character limit and had to be broken.

The final 12 (for my purposes) lines of the song repeat, so I could double those by shifting words around or adding spaces, making for a 48 dragon lineage, if that would fix it? But I didn't particularly want to do that.

I was wondering of anyone has done something like this:

user posted image

The idea is each offspring (which would hopefully be a male mint) gets bred to a mate of a different breed. Every mate must be a female 2 gen PB. The end effect would be a stairstep variation.

I haven't seen anyone else try this, but I could be wrong. Also, I'm not sure if the idea itself is any good as I'm hardly a lineage expert.

Well, I've never seen a double stair done quite like that, but I have seen double stairs. The effect is really cool in longer lineages, though it seems to take a few generations to not look messy. Good luck with it! I'm sure it will look really cool, especially if done in a rainbow pattern.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I'm trying to do a song lyric lineage. I think I miscounted somewhere (or I'm miscounting now). I was originally using this lovely lineage to pattern it. I ended up with 36 names (so a 36 dragon lineage). But now that I'm counting again that lineage only goes up to 30 (31 counting the final offspring; mine would end on 37). Can I make this work as an even-gen? I'm not sure I can break the lines down any more than I have (happy to post them if that would help), and some were past the character limit and had to be broken.

The final 12 (for my purposes) lines of the song repeat, so I could double those by shifting words around or adding spaces, making for a 48 dragon lineage, if that would fix it? But I didn't particularly want to do that.

If you want to do it as an even gen lineage it would have to be 31 lines, or the next level would be 63!