Saartje

Lineage Advice

With Valentines coming up soon, and myself coming out of an enexpected hiatus, Im taking a look at my Valentines pairings. Ive got decent enough ideas for all of them but one.

This Sweetling. I just have no idea where to go with it, and Id rather not squander the opportunity at something nice. I almost thought about breeding something from my female Frilled or Hot Pink for even gens, but Id still need to figure out what to pair with them, if I even go with either.

Any ideas?

Hmm, maybe you could try a "fake" checkered, breeding it with a green colored dragon (vine? neotropical?) from alt sweetling father

Oh, pretty!

Hmm, unluckily it gendered male, so you can't continue it as a "perfect" checkered. Maybe you could try to build a dragon with the same lineage, but white this time, and influence it female. This would require quite a work because you'll need to start from the 2nd gens.

Or if you like I can give a sibling of http://dragcave.net/lineage/0mnJL : it doesn't have the marrows and the alt sweetling at the first gen, but it follows a white x red checkered like the other generations of your red

Iside thanx for the offer but what I really like about this lineage is the dark colours at the beginning

so I'm gonna have to look for owners of Male CB Marrorws and Male CB Alt Sweetlings

does anyone have some tips on how to go about this, this will be my first attempt at a lineage type thing

If I were you I'd try to ask in the breeding gifting thread : there you can directly ask for a specific lineage (for example, 2nd white from alt sweetling) and if there are some donors who own an alt sweetling they'll try to breed it for you. They have helped me a lot with the mates for some of my holidays.

Or there is also the Special Release Gifting Group, where you can ask for common offsprings of holiday dragons

Personally I can help with one of the marrows. smile.gif

Nevermind about the graves, thanks @Ruby eyes biggrin.gif I'm going to go with your advice on a royal blue. I'm (rather my brother) is one the list for a thuwed royal blue so I think those two would look really well together.

Quick question now, this is going to be influenced female for a lineage but I'm not sure if it looks better like this http://dragcave.net/lineage/CtaUH or as a female alt? :s

Edited by Sarah864

If I were you I'd try to ask in the breeding gifting thread : there you can directly ask for a specific lineage (for example, 2nd white from alt sweetling) and if there are some donors who own an alt sweetling they'll try to breed it for you. They have helped me a lot with the mates for some of my holidays.

Or there is also the Special Release Gifting Group, where you can ask for common offsprings of holiday dragons

Personally I can help with one of the marrows. smile.gif

thanx I'll be very grateful for the help and I'll give the Special Release Offspring Gifting Group a try

I would collect four 4th gen checkers and combine them, so that I have another 6th gen dragon from four different checker lineages smile.gif

If you need help, I have a couple of different checkers that I can breed for you: Shadow walker x Moonstone, Ember x Brimstone, Magma x Ember, Pink x Daydream, Spitfire x Moonstone, Tangar x Greenwing.

I've just snagged a CB red Copper in the cave and want to start a lineage to breed Coppers for gifting, dropping on Take an Egg, etc. I was thinking probably staircase as that's not dependent on me finding a Copper mate for it.

What breeds breed well with Coppers (I.e. good chance of Copper offspring) & also looks good alongside them in a lineage?

What do I do with this?

I found it in the abandoned area and have no idea what to do with it.

I agree with Claudii -- gather together 4 more checkers and combine them for a mate. There are lots of people on the Even Gen thread who breed checkers and are very willing to help out. I can breed silver male x moonstone female, silver female x male speckle throat, royal blue male x moonstone female, royal crimson male x stone female, plus possibly some others and some that I am still working on.

I finally managed to lay my hands on this line http://dragcave.net/lineage/1SSfZ and now i don't know how i should continue it...Unfortunatly i don't own CB Rosebuds, so i can't make a spiral... blink.gif

You could continue the stair with either a Lurker or a Moonstone.

I guess that's the only choice, though it looks a bit...hmm, unbalanced.But there's no helping it, the lineage is unbalanced from the start...

I was given this wonderful little beauty: http://dragcave.net/lineage/18HNM but I have no idea what to build to trade for it. I have a second gen bronze shimmer from a male deep sea that was gifted by a friend, but other than that no low gen prizes. I also have no caveborn silvers and my prospects of catching one aren't great.

Maybe female moonstones and guardians would look good? I'm not sure about a plain checker since the tinsel isn't exactly a checker.

Should I get over my anxiety and look up some past prize winners to arrange trades with them? =X

EDIT: Hm, maybe a female moonstone and female shadow walker with guardians. I'd have to wait until next Halloween, though.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

@Sock - see my post here for what I am doing for a mate for a line like that. Once I get one for me I would be glad to try for one for you, if you don't have a CB blue Copper to use.

@Sock Id try to PM 2nd gen prize owners or prize fail owners for a mate, I've seen similar lineages going for a reasonable rate.

@dawdrkqueen nebula checkers are such a pain to make but if you're willing to sacrifice the time I'd try to keep the blue/purple theme or go for a complete contrast.

@Sock - see my post here for what I am doing for a mate for a line like that. Once I get one for me I would be glad to try for one for you, if you don't have a CB blue Copper to use.

Thanks! Oooh, blue coppers - didn't think about them! No, I don't have any, much less a cb, lol. I think that might give me an idea, though.

@Sock Id try to PM 2nd gen prize owners or prize fail owners for a mate, I've seen similar lineages going for a reasonable rate.

Hm, okay, thanks for the input. =3

So I am working on a Nebula pure lineage line.

I have this beauty saved from AP:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NySGo

I was thinking of breeding with:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/fpGqI

But should I try to keep the blue/purple theme instead?

I think nebs look good when pb even when it's not an equal lineage in colors, but I would personally go for the blue/purple theme or a red/green theme instead of your possible mate which switches colors each gen.

Definitely trying to keep a color scheme is ... interesting for Nebulas

My mated pair of female purple and male blue, both have red/green parents

They have birthed one blue Nebula/ a purple Nebula/ and a red Nebula...

Definitely trying to keep a color scheme is ... interesting for Nebulas

My mated pair of female purple and male blue, both have red/green parents

They have birthed one blue Nebula/ a purple Nebula/ and a red Nebula...

Im trying to build a nebula checker lineage myself, I feel your pain sad.gif On the bright side I can breed you a nebula like this http://dragcave.net/lineage/EsDnV or a combination of the other nebulas on my scroll if you'd like but it will have to wait until Im not egglocked and, unforrunately, they are not pure nebulas.

Edited by Sarah864

I am not quite egglocked myself, but close enough

I have a four-gen perfect Nebula in the egg stage myself. Hopefully the parents will mate again after a successful first mating.

And two messy sixth-gen even Nebulas, who mated for a seven-gen even Nebula. But like I said... a messy lineage with no pattern

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ybRRS

I finally managed to lay my hands on this line http://dragcave.net/lineage/1SSfZ and now i don't know how i should continue it...Unfortunatly i don't own CB Rosebuds, so i can't make a spiral... blink.gif

Do you have CB arsani? It would keep the pink/holiday theme going and I think it would look nice.

i was super lucky to catch this lovely lady in the AP this past year.

so now i'm wanting to get a Heartseeker mate for valentines day for Lady (if TJ does away with the limits) and a non-holiday mate as well.

my problem is, i lack CB Marrows. so i have two questions

- what dragon should i pair my Heartseeker with to complement the Marrows (really though i'd love to just trade for a 2G Heartseeker from a Marrow)

- and what non-holiday dragon would match the Maroon color of the alt? (i was thinking a 2G Brown Copper froma Heartseeker unsure.gif)

hi!'

i bred this http://dragcave.net/lineage/XGnd and have no clue what would go best with that kind of lineage

you gould do a sort of checker, where all the OP's are christmas dragons paired with pink/purple colored dragons.

I'm a newer member and am just about to finally begin breeding my dragons and wish to contribute nice lineages. I'd really love everyone's ideas on this. I have a couple of questions to ask of everyone, members and mods both.

1. When you get a dragon from a stairstep or spiral lineage, exactly how many generations would you like to see in that lineage, and when does the lineage become too long for your taste? What's the best generation to stop at?

2. How about this - I see some lineages that are stairsteps, but what if the breed of dragon at the end is not a fail, but the wrong gender, so the breeder decides to continue that same lineage in the opposite stairstep pattern... meaning same exact dragons, same style, but the lineage stairstep would form a V shape, going down on one end, and up on the other, or the other way around, making a part of a W pattern. Would that lineage line up be interesting for any of you?

Let me know your opinions on both of these things. I appreciate the feedback and hope to get these different patterns going to give away the offspring of said patterned lineages as soon as I can.

Bless everyone!

LadyFoxfire

1) I normally go for even gens because to me they're prettier and in that case it's not the gen but how it looks. I've seen long ones with a lot of thought and organization put into it and I view those as more valuable. For stairstep generally I'm looking at shimmers/tinsels so for me anything after 4th-5th gen is useless as I keep stairstep shimmers/tinsels with the intention of trading it's offspring and after 5th gen the value decreases a lot.

2) Meh. Again only really want even gens so as long as it's pretty, stairstep or w shape, it doesn't really matter.

I'm a newer member and am just about to finally begin breeding my dragons and wish to contribute nice lineages. I'd really love everyone's ideas on this. I have a couple of questions to ask of everyone, members and mods both.

1. When you get a dragon from a stairstep or spiral lineage, exactly how many generations would you like to see in that lineage, and when does the lineage become too long for your taste? What's the best generation to stop at?

2. How about this - I see some lineages that are stairsteps, but what if the breed of dragon at the end is not a fail, but the wrong gender, so the breeder decides to continue that same lineage in the opposite stairstep pattern... meaning same exact dragons, same style, but the lineage stairstep would form a V shape, going down on one end, and up on the other, or the other way around, making a part of a W pattern. Would that lineage line up be interesting for any of you?

Let me know your opinions on both of these things. I appreciate the feedback and hope to get these different patterns going to give away the offspring of said patterned lineages as soon as I can.

Bless everyone!

LadyFoxfire

1. For certain Rares (Shimmer/Tinsel, Hollies, etc.), lower gens are worth more so I don't get very excited about anything above 6th gen (for some people that number is much lower). For more common breed stair & spiral lineages, generation doesn't matter as much to me, providing it fits on the lineage page (12 generations I think?). In fact higher gen stairs and spirals that have been bred with care have their own attraction, because you can tell how much time and effort they took to create. Also, high-gen stairs and spirals are usually much easier to continue when compared to similar-gen evens.

2. The lineages you are talking about like this Silver, are sometimes called a two-step (or more) spiral, or a wave lineage. I have this Gold wave as well, where the breed that acts as the stair base alternates with the stair direction. It's actually very interesting, I love unique lineages like that.

There are also arrow and reverse-arrow lineages as well, like this and this. They fall broadly into the stair-ish category, but are not very easy to continue.

You can even do a stair lineage like this (sometimes called a doublestep, hyperstair). The only limit is your imagination!

I'm sure you will be able to find plenty of kind people willing to help with advice or breeding for your future lineage projects. Please show us what lovely ideas you come up with. smile.gif

Edited by Tecca