Saartje

Lineage Advice

Excuse this potentially long post; I want to be thorough to choose the best mate possible.

Last year I was gifted this lovely little holly girl. I have not bred her yet this year - I will do so on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day - however, I have not chosen a mate for her.

I'm thinking my best bet will be to match or mirror her lineage, as it is uneven. Unfortunately I did not put much forethought into this, and will have to match her up with something I already have, and I don't have any white dragons that fit the bill.

Mirrors:

Jamey mirrors her lineage shape, but has vines with three different mates.

Chambliss mirrors her lineage shape, but does not have a consistent breeding pattern.

Tharon mirrors her lineage shape, but again, does not have a consistent breeding pattern.

Matches:

Wiremu matches her lineage nearly exactly, with black in place of white, marrow in place of holly, and ember in place of silver, with the checker flipped at the second generation and with an alt black in the mix.

Montour matches her lineage shape, but is a summer seasonal and has no consistent breeding pattern.

Having reviewed all of my 4th-gens, I'm thinking that Wiremu might be the best mate, though I prefer mirrored lineages in cases like this. Can I get a few other opinions, and/or other suggestions?

tiktokism, long posts are fine. You've got a lot to think over here happy.gif

My vote would be use Tharon for the mirror, or Wiremu for the match. I didn't care for Jamey or Montour who both have pink in their lineages, and Chambliss, while interesting, was unimpressive to me when put next to Paix's lineage.

I need to create a mate for this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Mut9l I don't have any other Hollies so, I'm not really sure how to go about making a matching 4th gen for next year. ;/

The only thing I could think of would be switching reds in in place of the hollies.

The only thing I could think of would be switching reds in in place of the hollies.

Royal Crimsons could also be used, or sunstones, but the Suns have more orange on them than the other two red breeds. I'd use crimsons myself because I like them better than reds.

You could always ask around and see who has a 3rd gen white from a white/Holly checker like that. I've seen a number of that lineage pattern up for trade, I can't imagine that no one would be will to trade an offspring. You might also consider posting in Breeding, Gifting and make a request there for the lineage type if you wanted a perfect match to the Holly half, and then trade for the nebula half/build it yourself since that would be the easier of the two.

Edited by Draketeeth

I've been trying to figure out what to do for my holidays since I mostly have second gens because I was gone for a few years, and I don't have dragons that could match them easily. I decided what to do with one of my Yulebucks earlier, and now I want something to go with the egg that I bred. Here's what I've come up with so far. The top is my egg, and the bottom is the potential mate.

Any ideas? :S

11th - I really like the first option, with the valentine/sweetling base and the Yule/Vines arching to meet each other. The whites just aren't doing it for me in any of the projects that contain them. Edited by Draketeeth

11th - I really like the first option, with the valentine/sweetling base and the Yule/Vines arching to meet each other. The whites just aren't doing it for me in any of the projects that contain them.

I was actually favoring the Vines, but I already had the Whites made up, so I figured I could share them, too. I guess the only thing I'm a bit worried about now is finding a second gen Vine x Sweetling, but it shouldn't be too hard, right?

Thank you~

So this is kind of an obvious answer to a question I should have had no problem finding myself, but being this is my first christmas on DC, Ive been searching for 2nd gens, and when I saw this, I couldn't pass it up A.) because every yulebuck egg I have found had been horribly messy and B.) they are a very cute little christmas pairing.

I just don't know where to go from here.

So, I recently picked up a couple of holidayxWhite stairs. Should I breed them to whites to continue their stairs or breed them together?

They look pretty together, but personally, I would breed them with CB Whites. It is easier to carry on the lineage for people who might pick up eggs from them.

So this is kind of an obvious answer to a question I should have had no problem finding myself, but being this is my first christmas on DC, Ive been searching for 2nd gens, and when I saw this, I couldn't pass it up A.) because every yulebuck egg I have found had been horribly messy and B.) they are a very cute little christmas pairing.

I just don't know where to go from here.

That is kind of hard to continue that lineage. What you might do next year is continue it as a stairstep using a CB vine in place of the Ribbon Dancer. The colors are very similar, as you can see in this lineage.

So, I just caught This, and I have absolutely no idea what to do with it... Uh.. any ideas? xd.png

So, I just caught This, and I have absolutely no idea what to do with it... Uh.. any ideas? xd.png

I have two 5 EG hollies that I plan on breeding together (if they aren't related which I haven't checked yet). I wouldn't be able to continue there lineages so as long as they gender right then I'll breed them like that. So if you have another 5EG holly or another Christmas 5EG that might work.

That is a very lovely Holly, but I have no ideas either about continuing it. I suspect that Old Pink x Holly pairs are not easy to find. blink.gif And I can't think of any other dragons that would give the same effect. Maybe you should just go in a totally different direction and breed it to a checker made of other breeds that would look good with it? Maybe a gray x pink checker or something in blues. I don't really know.

Edited by purplehaze

That is a very lovely Holly, but I have no ideas either about continuing it. I suspect that Old Pink x Holly pairs are not easy to find.  blink.gif And I can't think of any other dragons that would give the same effect. Maybe you should just go in a totally different direction and breed it to a checker made of other breeds that would look good with it? Maybe a gray x pink checker or something in blues. I don't really know.

Yeah, the biggest problem with finding it a perfect mate is the fact that it already has 8 pairs of Old Pink x Holly. I'm pretty sure it would be near impossible to find 8 more unrelated pairs.

I figure I could just switch out the Holly for some other breed. Sunstones make a pretty decent match to the Holly's color.

Or I could just pawn it off on some other poor soul to deal with the daunting task of finding a mate for it. xd.png

Or I could just pawn it off on some other poor soul to deal with the daunting task of finding a mate for it. xd.png

I'm sure there are *a lot* of players that would be willing to take on that challenge! laugh.gif Congrats, it's beautiful! *is jelly* Oh, and I used a Reds in place of Hollys.

That lineage is my biggest dream right now biggrin.gif Beautiful. You are too lucky biggrin.gif

In my opinion putting there other dragon than holly might work.

Like this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/zgjgH

(couldn't find even-gen-lineaged progeny of my bright pink that'd be long enough smile.gif)

I picked up this pretty Snow Angel in the AP this year: http://dragcave.net/lineage/EubL5

Not sure what to do for a mate. No way I can match or mirror it exactly -- acquiring another 2G Blusang shimmerkin seems unlikely, to say the least, and I don't know what would mirror the Snow Angels, especially with the rotating wing colors. Any ideas?

I picked up this pretty Snow Angel in the AP this year: http://dragcave.net/lineage/EubL5

Not sure what to do for a mate. No way I can match or mirror it exactly -- acquiring another 2G Blusang shimmerkin seems unlikely, to say the least, and I don't know what would mirror the Snow Angels, especially with the rotating wing colors. Any ideas?

Well, I think blue/green coppers sub rather well for shimmers, but not sure what to do about the Snow Angels. Maybe just use black and white, since matching it exactly would probably be a multi-year project involving trades.

Well, I think blue/green coppers sub rather well for shimmers, but not sure what to do about the Snow Angels. Maybe just use black and white, since matching it exactly would probably be a multi-year project involving trades.

Oh, I hadn't thought of using green copper to replace the shimmer! I had thought of using silver x blusang, but it would have to be male silver x female blusang because the blue of the males would match better than the pink of the female silvers. Must fire up my lineage planner and see what it would look like.

Thanks!

I have two different types of silver prize dragons that gendered wrong and broken the stairstep lineage.

One is from a penk lineage, and I absolutely love spriter's alts. But, I just can't figure out something to do with it. http://dragcave.net/lineage/i3Ifc

Another that I'm not really sure to do with can be found here: http://dragcave.net/lineage/GMKfK

Any advice?

Long gen prizes aren't too hard to find, so I would simply look from matching gen that looks nice with yours, and purposely misgender it. Then you can do something like this ->

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=5&mate=i3Ifc

--------------

What about Teimarr or spotted greenwing with the bronze shimmer. I think they would kind of highlight the bit of aqua that the shimmers have? Thought about water walkers too, but, ehhhh.... not so sure.

I have two different types of silver prize dragons that gendered wrong and broken the stairstep lineage.

One is from a penk lineage, and I absolutely love spriter's alts. But, I just can't figure out something to do with it. http://dragcave.net/lineage/i3Ifc

Another that I'm not really sure to do with can be found here: http://dragcave.net/lineage/GMKfK

Any advice?

For the Prize from Penk i think it would look wonderful if you bred it to an old pink if you have one, if not, a new pink would probably do, and then start it in an inverted direction.....the only issue with that would be with the snow angels, because of theyre gender, an option for that is to have the prize gender male for the three, and then female for the whites, start something new with it!!

Do the same for the shimmerXhorse, and after 4 breedings, switch it back!!