Saartje

Lineage Advice

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=nwCEi

How does that look? Not quite a mirror, but kind of similar colors. I can breed a sibling of the female gold, though most likely it'll be an ice instead of the gold. Let me know in a pm

Egyptian, yeah spitfires and luminas. Two of my luminas happen to be named Opalescent Isis and Iridescent Osiris xd.png

I would have to find a way to replace the prize or tinsel. I don't have any CBs of those and I only have a cb male gold.

Thank you for the thought though

What the best way to do a song lyric lineage?

And how ugly will it look if I use random common CB in it?

What the best way to do a song lyric lineage?

And how ugly will it look if I use random common CB in it?

I never did a song lineage, but created some with a specific name scheme. The first things I did were

- list all the names I wanted to use

- open an excel document and plan the lineage there. So I could notice how many dragons I was in need of and if I had too many or to few names.

You should know that in a 2nd gen you have a total of 3 dragons to name, in a 3rd gen 7 dragons, in a 4th gen 15 dragons, in a 5th gen 31 dragons and so on (if the lineage is not inbred and so all the dragons are used only ones)

Imho a lineage with random cb commons will look quite messy. I prefer thematic lineages when they are purebred, or perfect checkered, or maybe use different dragons but follow a color scheme

Alright, thanks.

I know for sure that I will be going for doing a color theme, that gives me more dragons to use.

Do Undine and Black Tea work fine together or should I be looking to use another dragons? And if the former dragons work out, what other dragons would fit the color theme? I guess maybe mint and flamegos off the top of my head.

Edit: Change my mind, I'm going to use CB Reds and Royal Crimson. (with some sun stones and hellfire throw in once in awhile, probably.)

Cause I always need more reds. laugh.gif

Edited by Lady Dragoon

@MalakhGlitch:

I would influence it male and try to get a mirror with similar breeds.

Something like this (random breeds because I couldn't find better example dragons): http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...e%5Bborder%5D=n

(Search the AP for a matching 5th gen Shimmerkin, influence it male and breed it to a PB 2nd gen.)

Edited by Confused Cat

@MalakhGlitch: Sending you a 5th gen green Copper shimmerkin. I couldn't get a 2nd gen PB green Copper to go with that (stupid refusals); maybe you can find one elsewhere.

I have 1 CB Male silver and copper and would like to know what parings would be good with them.

I was thinking of a random lineage that later spirals off at the end. However, I'm not quite sure what kind of lineage would look nice with a spiral...

I'm really into EG lineages, and I love rainbows. So, what would be more logical than trying to create a lineage with (almost?) all sprites in it that are ordered in some kind of rainbow, right?

However, I also love hybrids and colored stripes. In order to include them in some way, I'd need to start with 2nd or 3rd gens as a base. Mabe even 4th gens. Yes, mostly 2nd/3rd/4th gen purebreds or checkers in case of holiday dragons. Or "PB" vines with a frill base or something like this. After all, we also have a number of new holiday dragons that we cannot breed 3rd or 4th gen checkers with yet.

And, all of a sudden, this lineage project turns into a really big project. Maybe even too big for me alone. So I was wondering if anyone was interested in this kind of lineage and would like to, well, start a public lineage project for it.

I found this on the AP.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/nHjVn (Screenshot in case it is hidden.)

Any ideas what I could do with it?

ETA:

I think I'll influence it male and breed a "mirror":

Falconiform --> Falconiform

Marrow --> Brute

Ribbon Dancer --> Canopy or Winter Magi

Shimmer --> ??? (Silver? They would probably produce Silver offspring just to make fun of me. tongue.gif )

I wouldn't usually keep something with a random lineage like this, but... zomg the mother is a censorkip.gif CB Shimmer! And it's also her only offspring so far.

Edited by Confused Cat

I created this lineage during my last DC Halloween:

user posted image

Now this Halloween, I want to create at least one possible mate for it. My question is, what other dragons would look good with this lineage?

Right now I'm planning on trying to do this with a Gold and a White, but I can do 3 more.

Edited by Windnose

Now this Halloween, I want to create at least one possible mate for it. My question is, what other dragons would look good with this lineage?

Right now I'm planning on trying to do this with a Gold and a White, but I can do 3 more.

I think desipis would be cool if you have them. Maybe nebs too, since you will only wind up with one color to show.

Desipis will just take a little longer, with them being only breedable once a year.

Plated Colossus or Brute might work in their place, though.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Desipis actually would look pretty neat with this lineage, though it will take me a couple years to get it set up. I might go ahead and try it.

In the mean time, I think I'm going to at least do this with the Plated Colossus. happy.gif Thank you for the suggestions!

What could I do with this second gen nebula to make a pretty 4th+ gen lineage?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/If9qN

Maybe a nice spiral with other Wyverns? And always keep the first Nebula with the right gender.

So i would take a female Golden Wyvern and then breed a female Nebula (a Red Nebula would be my wish but that is up to you) then maybe a male Seragammy Wyvern with the resulting Nebula and out of that pair a male Nebula with a female Spirit Ward...

I do not own a CB Silver so i couldn't made a lineage like that by myself. sad.gif

If you want a evengen lineage then i need more time to settle all the crazy possiblies that are running through my mind. Too confuse at the moment. tongue.gif

If you want to mirror the colors, you could use, from top to bottom: Tri-Horn, Ribbon Dancer, Frostbite, Old Pink (although it might take a while to get a Pink from that pairing) or red Gemshard.

Alternatively: Spirit Ward, Mistletoe, GoN, Heartstealer (this option would mean waiting for next Valentine's)