Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Posted (edited)

Also many traders a) have an exaggerated idea of what things are worth (the trades asked for for Z dragons are often insane!) or b) they simply have no idea about anything - the only explanation I can see for people who offer a messy common and ask for a CB gold....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, biruko said:

I wanted to ask about it for a while now, how much 2G Prize is worth now?

I know it value dropped some time ago due to many CB Prizes from Raffle, but I thought it's still pretty valuable. I recently saw some trades that in my opinion are a little low for 2G Prize, but now I'm not sure if it's true.

For Example, I just saw a trade where someone had only 1 CB Silver and asked for 2G Prize with specified mate for it - he wants exact color of Tinsel with Exact mate they want.

Isn't 1 CB SIlver a little low offer when you ask for 2G Prize with specified mate? I always thought it's still 1CB Gold or 2-3 CB Silver for 2G Prize, especially if you want specific pair. I know it depends what someone would trade for it, but 1 CB Silver is now normall offer for 2G Prize or it's still too low?

And second question: Is 1 any CB New Xeno (except Staterae) a good offer for 2G Staterae Xeno? CB Staterae are pretty rare now and I see trades where people offer CB metal for 1 CB Staterae egg, so I don't even try trading for CBs. I don't have problem with catching any other new released Xenos, but I only saw 1 CB Staterae in cave since I started hunting, so I'm trying to get one 2G for myself. What do you think could be a good offer for one?

As an owner of a CB Shimmer (won in 2017) I can tell you that prizes for 2nd gens vary greatly. Usually I just breed him with a mate of my liking and see what I get in return. Only once in two years I got an offer of 2 CB Silvers. No CB Golds or Neglected for me (which is perfectly fine). Usually I get non-metal Rares or word codes.

Regarding the Staterae: You do know that you can buy them caveborn from the insite market, yes? Would be much easier and quicker that catching something and trying to trade for a bred one.

Yeah, I agree with you Fuzzbucket, I see really many trades that offer messy eggs and wants really rare things - they mostly want CB metals, new Xenos or alts for one or two messy eggs. I always think that people who made trade like that don't really know value of CB eggs or don't really care for lineage (but if they ask for CB rare dragon when they offer a messy one, I'm not sure if they don't care about a lineage). Trades I see are sometimes confusing, but it might be only my opinion :)

Thank you for your answer Zimtie, after everything I read now I see that value of 2G prizes can really differ, I will have it in mind when I see another 2G Prize trades.

I know that Staterae are available in market, but I bought a market gold egg just before new Xeno release and I don't have many shards left (the gold price was and still is so nice). I need to get a lot of shards to buy Staterae, I will try buy one after collecting shards, but I need some more months of collecting to do it.

What does a CB Blusang go for? Any demand for these?

I've finally got three 2nd gen prizes this year. :D They're all from Christmas/Valentine holidays but I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll find mates for them some day. If I'll try to do that by trading, what kind of things would make a reasonable offer for a 2nd gen Christmas/Valentine prizekin? Depends on the prize owner, of course, but I'd be happy to see different suggestions. Prizekin swaps are excluded as I don't have a CB prize.

I just put one up two days ago, and asked for "offers" (I'd bred it for a trade and it was rejected, so they don't attract THAT much as a rule)  - I got no less than FOUR new release CB hatchlings. I was very surprised. I'd have accepted two ! SO much depends on who, and what they want at the time.

What does one currently get for CB Trios?

Is it realistic to ask for CB Pargulus pygmies or new Xenos for a CB MAgma?

You can but try. I'd call it fair; others might disagree.

16 hours ago, Gluria said:

What does one currently get for CB Trios?

Is it realistic to ask for CB Pargulus pygmies or new Xenos for a CB MAgma?

Just fyi: CB Trios very easily and quickly get you a CB 2020 Xeno!

(Gold Shimmers work as well but a little slower tho)

Just to make sure...

Pyropes (Volcano Pyralspite) are very common.

Gemshards are uncommon.

Golden Wyverns are common or uncommon at best.

Xenos are rare-ish.

So when someone offers a CB Pyrope (with a regular code) they will probably not get one of the others left alone any other rare?

Discussed this with a "veteran" and apparently we don't agree on this.