Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I'm afraid this will sound like spam, but it's a genuine (if somewhat abstract) question... How much would a CB Pink Sapphire be worth to most people? In my eyes, it's theoretically easier to obtain than a CB/won Prize dragon, as it would require a CB Sapphire egg (already rare, lol) to be abandoned and then picked up. But also trying to find a single CB Sapphire right now seems pretty impossible, and then abandoning it on top of that... It just boggles my mind a little. Wondering if anyone has had any experience or insight?

3 hours ago, firedrake2 said:

I'm afraid this will sound like spam, but it's a genuine (if somewhat abstract) question... How much would a CB Pink Sapphire be worth to most people? In my eyes, it's theoretically easier to obtain than a CB/won Prize dragon, as it would require a CB Sapphire egg (already rare, lol) to be abandoned and then picked up. But also trying to find a single CB Sapphire right now seems pretty impossible, and then abandoning it on top of that... It just boggles my mind a little. Wondering if anyone has had any experience or insight?

I think that largely depends on different player's experiences. Some people have been hunting a *lot* and haven't been able to get a single CB Pink Sapphire in the AP, while others have been fairly lucky with it and therefore may not value them as highly. In the hub I've seen a lot of pink Sapphire trades asking for other new-release variants, especially the alt Florets since those are proving harder to breed. I've also seen stuff like asking for CB Golds and such but that's pretty overpriced and just a product of new-release hype I think, I certainly wouldn't say they are worth anything like that.

If you temp-sort by breed, the new one sorts under greens.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you temp-sort by breed, the new one sorts under greens.

Oh rad, thanks!

That's how I managed to find that I have some !

Are CB Golden Wyverns worth anything? I thought they were desirable uncommons, but I have one in a trade just asking for offers to see what I can get for it and no one has offered anything at all. I'm wondering if I should just toss it for scroll space, but maybe I'm just being impatient.

59 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Are CB Golden Wyverns worth anything? I thought they were desirable uncommons, but I have one in a trade just asking for offers to see what I can get for it and no one has offered anything at all. I'm wondering if I should just toss it for scroll space, but maybe I'm just being impatient.

Not worth much nowadays, I think. They used to be a lower-metal worth, long ago, but I think they just became too common. I've seen trades with them, I'm sure there are still people who'd want them, but I don't think they are super wanted anymore.

On 6/26/2021 at 8:51 PM, SeaCrestStar said:

Is a 5G aeon worth a (CB) vampire? I'm inclined to decline, but I wonder if I put too much value on vamps!

A little late on this reply, but... CB vampires aren't generally worth a ton more than bred, from what I've seen. The bigger deal with Vamps is what Vamp bit it... I've had requests and seen many trades asking for a CB Vamp bitten by an original 2008 Vampire (when they were first available, as a Halloween breed). 

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Not worth much nowadays, I think. They used to be a lower-metal worth, long ago, but I think they just became too common. I've seen trades with them, I'm sure there are still people who'd want them, but I don't think they are super wanted anymore.

Not what I was hoping to hear, but it explains why they haven't seemed so hard to catch lately. I thought I was just having a lucky streak, lol. Thanks for answering!

I really hate trading threads that ask for 'nice offers' because I have no idea what to offer and am afraid of offering less than is fair.

What would you offer for one of the new Magenta Florets?

@Charity322 What I do when I see one of those is take a look at the egg owner's scroll, there will often be a few highlighted groups that will give you an idea of what they like.

Or you could try checking if they have a Forum account under the same name, and if so, see if they have a wishlist either on their profile or in the wishlist thread.

Edited by Pourlemoment

@Charity322  The new magenta Florets, if you mean the one with the dark purple/pink egg, seem to be the rarest out of the new breedable Florets. I've seen them in the hub asking for as much as 2g Prizes/SAltkins, though that doesn't necessarily mean those people are getting what they want, I've also seen a few asking for cb birthday releases.

Question: When it comes to 2g Prize/Prizekin trading, is there much difference in value if the Prize has a 'tag', ie a 'CB' in their name? I usually tag all my CBs that way but I'd hate for that to make people less likely to want my Prize's offspring. 

@HeatherMarie It's true that a number of people specifically ask for no tags when trading, so maybe a bit?  You can always try it both ways since you can change your dragon's name.  Just be sure to reserve both versions of its name on another dragon to ensure that neither version gets taken while you're testing.

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question: When it comes to 2g Prize/Prizekin trading, is there much difference in value if the Prize has a 'tag', ie a 'CB' in their name? I usually tag all my CBs that way but I'd hate for that to make people less likely to want my Prize's offspring. 

For me, it absolutely makes a difference. I’m not interested in prizes with tags such as CB, I, II, “Prize CB I” etc.   If a line looks really nice but it has tags in it, I won’t offer a trade.

The only exception is if it is a really long, pretty stair/spiral and maybe there are one or two that have a tag. I may overlook it if it’s a really nice line otherwise.

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

@Charity322  The new magenta Florets, if you mean the one with the dark purple/pink egg, seem to be the rarest out of the new breedable Florets. I've seen them in the hub asking for as much as 2g Prizes/SAltkins, though that doesn't necessarily mean those people are getting what they want, I've also seen a few asking for cb birthday releases.

The 'tags' thing really depends.  I care more about name length/punctuation that about tags; I'd take an egg from "Bob CB Smith" over an egg from "I just Named this anyoldname Whatev", but other people would make the opposite choice!

1 hour ago, sorenna said:

The 'tags' thing really depends.  I care more about name length/punctuation that about tags; I'd take an egg from "Bob CB Smith" over an egg from "I just Named this anyoldname Whatev", but other people would make the opposite choice!

True; people can be picky about names in different ways. :lol: I personally like shorter names for dragons, but I also like them without tags such as CB, "I” “II” or when they include the dragon breed in the name. “CB PrizeTin 1G”

Forgot to add that for me, names of mates are also important. I don’t like tags in mates, either.

I see a lot of 2G prizes on the trading hub, but most of them don’t have what I am looking for in names, so I pass them by.

Then again, I can find some beautiful longer prizes! I wish people bred longer prizes more often. Although lately, with all the hubbub with the 15th birthday, I haven’t been breeding my prizes either. Not enough scroll space!

Is it reasonable to expect more than 1 CB Xeno for a Purple Dino? What else (aside from other Dinos) would be a reasonable ask?

7 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

Is it reasonable to expect more than 1 CB Xeno for a Purple Dino? What else (aside from other Dinos) would be a reasonable ask?

I currently see someone in the Trading Hub offering a CB Cantor for a Purple Dino, another for a 2G Prize, and an offer of a CB Thunder for a Dino. None of those may appeal to you; still, since a Dino is rare, I would ask for anything rare in return, whether it is breedable or not. You never know what peoples tastes are. :) 

As for the Xenos, for newer Xenos, I’d ask for one.  For older ones, one older Xeno and possibly something else (maybe something bred that you’ve been wanting? or some CB hatchies?) might work. It depends on the trader, though. I’d probably keep the trade simple and ask for just one Xeno, or you could specify “new Xeno.”

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

I currently see someone in the Trading Hub offering a CB Cantor for a Purple Dino, another for a 2G Prize, and an offer of a CB Thunder for a Dino. None of those may appeal to you; still, since a Dino is rare, I would ask for anything rare in return, whether it is breedable or not. You never know what peoples tastes are. :) 

As for the Xenos, for newer Xenos, I’d ask for one.  For older ones, one older Xeno and possibly something else (maybe something bred that you’ve been wanting? or some CB hatchies?) might work. It depends on the trader, though. I’d probably keep the trade simple and ask for just one Xeno, or you could specify “new Xeno.”

Thank you, this was helpful! I feel like there's some nuance to how rare a "rare" is (Stats vs other Xenos, for example- both rare, but completely different levels of rare!) and I struggle with how the unbreedables in particular fit into that.

For what it's worth, someone offered a CB new Xeno and a CB Zyu, so I went with that!

I just put up [this dragon] (a CB Tercorn) for trade and someone is offering me a Coral Pygmy Wyvern - should I hold out for a better offer? The trade itself is [here], and I know I shouldn't expect much for it, but idk. The offered Coral is a 2G (not PB)

Edited by Joblerone
adding link to trade offer

1 hour ago, Joblerone said:

I just put up [this dragon] (a CB Tercorn) for trade and someone is offering me a Coral Pygmy Wyvern - should I hold out for a better offer? The trade itself is [here], and I know I shouldn't expect much for it, but idk. The offered Coral is a 2G (not PB)

I mean you could possibly get a cb pygmy if you want any pygmy.