Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

CB - caveborn - with no ancestors - like this:https://dragcave.net/lineage/cgde2

2g - second generation - like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Mvt9A

EG 3 - even gen, third generation - https://dragcave.net/lineage/Z2gt9 (That is also a checker,; it can be EG with mixed breeds)

SS is a shimmerscale dragon; an EG3 SS would be referring to an even gen shimmerscale dragon. Like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/znYIs

A lot of this stuff is listed here:

and here: 

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

SS is a shimmerscale dragon; an EG3 SS would be referring to an even gen shimmerscale dragon. Like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/znYIs

Possibly worth noting: SS frequently means "silver shimmerscale" (with BS for "bronze shimmerscale" and GS for "gold shimmerscale"), and it sometimes also means "stairstep". Context usually makes it clear what it is.

Abbreviations are sadly common in the Trading hub because of how little space there is to describe wants. 😅

6 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Possibly worth noting: SS frequently means "silver shimmerscale" (with BS for "bronze shimmerscale" and GS for "gold shimmerscale"), and it sometimes also means "stairstep". Context usually makes it clear what it is.

Abbreviations are sadly common in the Trading hub because of how little space there is to describe wants. 😅

Wait, SS denotes Silver Shimmerscale? I always thought it just was for Shimmerscale when I saw it. My bad XD

20 minutes ago, Paintra said:

Wait, SS denotes Silver Shimmerscale? I always thought it just was for Shimmerscale when I saw it. My bad XD

Sometimes! Not always. That's the problem with abbreviations, they can mean a lot of different things. XD

Let us all join as one and use SSS for the silver, GSS and BSS for the others... :lol: 

Are common prizekin not a big deal now? I realize that if it's a common breed it'll probably be less valuable, but I've had several 2g prizekin trades that never got any offers at all. 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Are common prizekin not a big deal now? I realize that if it's a common breed it'll probably be less valuable, but I've had several 2g prizekin trades that never got any offers at all. 

Outside of people looking for specific mates, I have noticed a bit of a dip personally in people wanting them in general yeah.

Okay, thank you. 

One more question, which I'm not sure completely belongs here but wouldn't know where else to put it: Are Market Golds valuable at all? I'm pretty sure CB Golds are still fairly rare and wanted, but I wasn't sure if Market Golds were different since they show 'Market' instead of a biome/cave/etc. (I know they can't be traded/teleported, just wondering if they would be appreciated if I toss some to the AP.)

I don't think anyone would find a CB Gold on the AP and then say "oh no, it's from the Market, how unfortunate".

They still work like any other CB Gold in lineages, and you'd probably make someone's day!  :)

(Market dragons might even be more valuable to some players because they're special. I have kept one or two common AP finds specifically because they were Market dragons.)

58 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay, thank you. 

One more question, which I'm not sure completely belongs here but wouldn't know where else to put it: Are Market Golds valuable at all? I'm pretty sure CB Golds are still fairly rare and wanted, but I wasn't sure if Market Golds were different since they show 'Market' instead of a biome/cave/etc. (I know they can't be traded/teleported, just wondering if they would be appreciated if I toss some to the AP.)

Personally, I would be overjoyed if I found a market gold in the AP. 😆 I don't know about others, but it took me 26 weeks to save up enough to buy a market gold and I'm very happy with him even if he isn't caveborn. 

Market golds can do special things when bred to coppers, don't forget...

Are CB gold florets worth one CB new xeno? I caught one and I'm not sure if I can use it to trade for one of those. 

People are doing, though I wouldn't go for it !

On 6/27/2020 at 5:50 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Market golds can do special things when bred to coppers, don't forget...

Wait-wait-wait, what things?O_O I've saved enough for my own market gold, but now I am highly curious.

5 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

Wait-wait-wait, what things?O_O I've saved enough for my own market gold, but now I am highly curious.

If I'm not misremembering, CB coppers breed offspring according to the colour of the mother's biome. "Market" counts as no biome, just like "Cave" does, so it instead falls back to the secondary rule that copper offspring has the colour of the copper parent.

In other words:

CB male verdigris copper x CB female Market gold = 2G verdigris copper

CB male rainbow copper x CB female Market gold = 2G rainbow copper

CB male liver of sulfur copper x CB female Market gold = 2G liver of sulfur copper

(assuming a copper is produced, of course)

Which isn't possible with a CB female gold from the biomes; e.g. a CB female Coast-biome gold paired with a copper would give you a 2G verdigris copper regardless of the colour of the copper parent.

Edited by pinkgothic

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

People are doing, though I wouldn't go for it !

Yeah, I got no offers and ended up giving it away. Thanks though! 

I wanted to ask about it for a while now, how much 2G Prize is worth now?

I know it value dropped some time ago due to many CB Prizes from Raffle, but I thought it's still pretty valuable. I recently saw some trades that in my opinion are a little low for 2G Prize, but now I'm not sure if it's true.

For Example, I just saw a trade where someone had only 1 CB Silver and asked for 2G Prize with specified mate for it - he wants exact color of Tinsel with Exact mate they want.

Isn't 1 CB SIlver a little low offer when you ask for 2G Prize with specified mate? I always thought it's still 1CB Gold or 2-3 CB Silver for 2G Prize, especially if you want specific pair. I know it depends what someone would trade for it, but 1 CB Silver is now normall offer for 2G Prize or it's still too low?

And second question: Is 1 any CB New Xeno (except Staterae) a good offer for 2G Staterae Xeno? CB Staterae are pretty rare now and I see trades where people offer CB metal for 1 CB Staterae egg, so I don't even try trading for CBs. I don't have problem with catching any other new released Xenos, but I only saw 1 CB Staterae in cave since I started hunting, so I'm trying to get one 2G for myself. What do you think could be a good offer for one?

Everything depends on what the trader wants. I have asked for 2 CB uncommons in my time. It also depends which prize - some ore very common now, and serious prize collectors have them. Not to mention that some prize owners cheerfully breed theirs for free.

The same goes for CB Staterae. Though they are so rare just now I think one could ask for a neglected. For a 2 gen - well, they breed reasonably well, so 2gens shouldn't be very expensive. They are at the moment, but...

Thank you for your answer Fuzzbucket!

I saw some trade with CB Staterae asking for a Neglected, so I agree with you. I don't know if they get it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did :) I'll try to get 2G for now, and I see how much it'll cost me. I hope they would be more affordable sooner that some other breeds that was very rare after release - I remember how hard was to get CB Alpine Pyralspite for months after they release, and after a really long time they value dropped to the normal level we have now. Maybe with some luck I even catch my own CB, who knows :)

And with prizes I think it's my old thinking that 2G are still something considered rare and because of that they all still expensive. I'm not really a 2G Prize collector so I'm not sure which are more common than others, but your explanation made so much sense for me. It would explain so much different price for 2G trades I saw in trades for some time.

Also many traders a) have an exaggerated idea of what things are worth (the trades asked for for Z dragons are often insane!) or b) they simply have no idea about anything - the only explanation I can see for people who offer a messy common and ask for a CB gold....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 hours ago, biruko said:

I wanted to ask about it for a while now, how much 2G Prize is worth now?

I know it value dropped some time ago due to many CB Prizes from Raffle, but I thought it's still pretty valuable. I recently saw some trades that in my opinion are a little low for 2G Prize, but now I'm not sure if it's true.

For Example, I just saw a trade where someone had only 1 CB Silver and asked for 2G Prize with specified mate for it - he wants exact color of Tinsel with Exact mate they want.

Isn't 1 CB SIlver a little low offer when you ask for 2G Prize with specified mate? I always thought it's still 1CB Gold or 2-3 CB Silver for 2G Prize, especially if you want specific pair. I know it depends what someone would trade for it, but 1 CB Silver is now normall offer for 2G Prize or it's still too low?

And second question: Is 1 any CB New Xeno (except Staterae) a good offer for 2G Staterae Xeno? CB Staterae are pretty rare now and I see trades where people offer CB metal for 1 CB Staterae egg, so I don't even try trading for CBs. I don't have problem with catching any other new released Xenos, but I only saw 1 CB Staterae in cave since I started hunting, so I'm trying to get one 2G for myself. What do you think could be a good offer for one?

As an owner of a CB Shimmer (won in 2017) I can tell you that prizes for 2nd gens vary greatly. Usually I just breed him with a mate of my liking and see what I get in return. Only once in two years I got an offer of 2 CB Silvers. No CB Golds or Neglected for me (which is perfectly fine). Usually I get non-metal Rares or word codes.

Regarding the Staterae: You do know that you can buy them caveborn from the insite market, yes? Would be much easier and quicker that catching something and trying to trade for a bred one.

Yeah, I agree with you Fuzzbucket, I see really many trades that offer messy eggs and wants really rare things - they mostly want CB metals, new Xenos or alts for one or two messy eggs. I always think that people who made trade like that don't really know value of CB eggs or don't really care for lineage (but if they ask for CB rare dragon when they offer a messy one, I'm not sure if they don't care about a lineage). Trades I see are sometimes confusing, but it might be only my opinion :)

Thank you for your answer Zimtie, after everything I read now I see that value of 2G prizes can really differ, I will have it in mind when I see another 2G Prize trades.

I know that Staterae are available in market, but I bought a market gold egg just before new Xeno release and I don't have many shards left (the gold price was and still is so nice). I need to get a lot of shards to buy Staterae, I will try buy one after collecting shards, but I need some more months of collecting to do it.