Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

20 minutes ago, sakurakid said:

This is a sad news for me. This dragons are beautiful!

Excuse me  can i disturb you with a other question?

In market for the dino appea me the sentence Unlock egg in encyclopedia to purchase ; i go to encyclopedia in Dino page but not appear any possibility unlock egg; It possible i not have understand well the sentence? I'm very confused .

It many year i play to DC But  every day i discover a news XD

Thank you for the reply^^

I did not know the market required the eggs to be unlocked in the encyclopedia in order to purchase them. I thought we just needed enough shards for the purchase.

If you click on the dino in the encyclopedia, it should bring up an info page about it. The info page tells you what you need to do to unlock stuff. Usually you have to own or click on someone else's creature or hatchlings in order to unlock it. Per the encyclopedia terminology page, "Clicks are one of the stats that must be accumulated in order to raise an egg to adulthood. A dragon receives a click when someone clicks its image and views its stat page."

I have found Silvi's Lair hatchery a wonderful source for hatchlings and eggs to click. If you need adults, often viewing the scroll of whoever's egg it is has more, or for bred eggs you can look at the parents for at least one of the same breed. On new releases, I usually click a lot of them on the hatchery pages so that I get all available info in my encyclopedia sooner.

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

11 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

That means you need to click on (or own) a certain amount of dino eggs before you can purchase them from the market - the sprite will unlock (= be visible) in the encyclopaedia if you've clicked on (or caught) a few of them. Look for them in the hatcheries and click them there.

ok thank you so much, i to try ^^

2 hours ago, sakurakid said:

ok thank you so much, i to try ^^

For me, the best site/hatchery to click eggs is pinkgothic’s Daily Dragon Fix here:

https://leviathan.thorngale.net/

Makes clicking dragons so easy and fun! ^_^ Link in my siggy. :)

What's a 2nd gen prizekin worth these days? I have one on trading and nada :( 

24 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

What's a 2nd gen prizekin worth these days? I have one on trading and nada :( 

It might depend on the pairing.  I like prizekins, but there are some pairings that just don't appeal to me when I see them.

Nothing to do with rarity, just looks, which can be very subjective.

I wasn't too sure where to ask this, but are dragons like Blusangs, Aeons, Golden Wyverns etc sort of considered 'rare'? Like, semi-rare? Would you consider them worth more in trades than 'regular' uncommons?

And also, do you guys consider 'adding up' multiples of less rare dragons to be equal to one more rare dragon; for instance, would you consider two or three 2G Blusangs, to be a fair trade for a 2G PB Gold?

(Clearly my Chickensmoothie roots are showing, ahahaha)

9 hours ago, -Frost-Fire- said:

I wasn't too sure where to ask this, but are dragons like Blusangs, Aeons, Golden Wyverns etc sort of considered 'rare'? Like, semi-rare? Would you consider them worth more in trades than 'regular' uncommons?

And also, do you guys consider 'adding up' multiples of less rare dragons to be equal to one more rare dragon; for instance, would you consider two or three 2G Blusangs, to be a fair trade for a 2G PB Gold?

Of the ones you mentioned, CB Blusangs are on the "official" rare list, while Golden Wyverns if I recall correctly would be under the Metallic Trading Center (someone please correct me if this is not the case.)

Most people consider CB Aeons to be worth a fair amount. They are not considered to be "officially rare."

CB Golden Wyverns I think were at one point considered rare (others will recall better than I), but most people who have been here awhile have their quota, so it depends on your trading partner. 

Here is a thread discussing Golden Wyverns:

As for the trade, it depends on your trading partner: are they looking for 2G PB Blusangs, are your parents named or have interesting codes (some people care; others don't), etc.  Influenced hatchlings or younger eggs are probably worth a bit more than 3 freshly laid eggs.  

I would consider all three of those, especially CB Aeon and CB Blusang (but also CB Golden Wyvern), to be worth more than CB commons.  I personally have no interest in PB Aeons or Blusangs, so it depends on the individual trader. :)

I was browsing the trading hub today and saw a trade which was listed as having a rainbow lineage. I went to see what the lineage looked like, but there was nothing rainbow about it. It was a severely inbred messy. My question is: Is it a reportable offense to misrepresent what you are offering? I don't want to report someone unfairly, but it does not seem right that they are lying about their egg.

4 minutes ago, UnicornMaiden said:

I was browsing the trading hub today and saw a trade which was listed as having a rainbow lineage. I went to see what the lineage looked like, but there was nothing rainbow about it. It was a severely inbred messy. My question is: Is it a reportable offense to misrepresent what you are offering? I don't want to report someone unfairly, but it does not seem right that they are lying about their egg.

The player is relatively new (July 2019), they may simply be using the term mistakenly (rainbow as in a lot of colors mixed in).  I personally would just ignore it.

10 minutes ago, Pourlemoment said:

The player is relatively new (July 2019), they may simply be using the term mistakenly (rainbow as in a lot of colors mixed in).  I personally would just ignore it.

Ok, thanks

10 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

As a mod, No, this is not a reportable offense. 

Everyone can see what an egg actually is. Even if someone says 'CB gold!' And it's not, it's lineaged... do not report that, please. Everyone can just look at the egg's lineage. 

In this case especially - they weren't even lying. what is a rainbow lineage? The game doesn't define this at all. I don't even know what one would consider a 'rainbow' lineage. Maybe to that player, that's what that messy was. Lineage names like that are entirely subjective player to player. Nothing against the rules about that. 

If you have questions about what is reportable you can always PM a mod. 

I recently got ahold of a CB ND and was wondering what would be a reasonable IOU of Carina dragons. (Specifically hatchies, preferably nothing messy)

I know people that ask for 30-40 of specific CB hatchies and was curious if I should shoot for that or considerably lower for a hybrid. I don't want to overprice it but I also don't want to sell myself short on something so rare.

@GalacticSketch  In my view, the difficulty with asking such a large amount for a hybrid is that the trader would have to own or catch 30 to 40 dragons of each necessary breed to make it happen.  Now I don't know how many players collect that many CBs of each breed, but I don't think there can be that many.

With CBs, you can just keep catching them and sending them along, for bred dragons you would actually have to catch, hatch, breed (hoping for no refusal and correct result) and hatch again, seems like a formidable undertaking to me.

Though if you ask me how many would be fair, I really have no idea.  You could always put it up for highest offer and see what kind of numbers you get...

Edit: Oh, I see you're not thinking of only 2Gs, so that does makes it somewhat easier.

Edited by Pourlemoment

I would consider Green spinel wyverns to be either common or uncommon, right?

and what’s the worth of CB pipio pygmies?

Green Spinels are only obtainable through breeding - but they are VERY easy to breed, so not exactly uncommon.

Pipios aren't very common, but not worth a huge lot. Say a Kyanite pygmy ? 

Do you think this could be worth anything? Or do you know anyone who collects descendants of spriters' alts and could like it?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/9lHYD

It' s a 4th gen falconiform wyvern, but the strange thing is that in first gen it has a blue Arcana dragon and a white-red Sakuhana, this last one now a wild dragon

32 minutes ago, Iside said:

Do you think this could be worth anything? Or do you know anyone who collects descendants of spriters' alts and could like it?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/9lHYD

It' s a 4th gen falconiform wyvern, but the strange thing is that in first gen it has a blue Arcana dragon and a white-red Sakuhana, this last one now a wild dragon

There are definitely people who are after Altkins that would enjoy that dragon! It's unfortunately probably not worth a whole lot, unless you find someone who's looking very hard for a dragon from a specific alt! I'm sure you could find something you're looking for for it :D

@Iside You probably could, she says - eyes wide open.... ANY of us saltkin collectors would (It has one that I don't have in there....)

ETA :) :) :) :)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/166174-prize-central/?do=findComment&comment=9950577

So, I'm at a bit of a loss... I've had exactly zero bites on this. I understand getting anyone to trade an ND is like pulling teeth, and the mate requests are difficult to fulfill, so not getting those is pretty unsurprising - but I am surprised no one's even offered the ridgewing hatchling option to me. So I'm left to earnestly wonder whether a couple of female CB ridgewing hatchlings is perhaps too much to ask - or that this is just a pairing no one wants?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not meaning to complain about it; I'm genuinely confused and baffled, is all. I had the impression from prior private correspondence that the ridgewing option is generous on my part, but maybe the person I was talking to is just confused about the market rates these days (and I should make sure to gift them a bunch more things ❤️)? :) Any insights would be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/166174-prize-central/?do=findComment&comment=9950577

So, I'm at a bit of a loss... I've had exactly zero bites on this. I understand getting anyone to trade an ND is like pulling teeth, and the mate requests are difficult to fulfill, so not getting those is pretty unsurprising - but I am surprised no one's even offered the ridgewing hatchling option to me. So I'm left to earnestly wonder whether a couple of female CB ridgewing hatchlings is perhaps too much to ask - or that this is just a pairing no one wants?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not meaning to complain about it; I'm genuinely confused and baffled, is all. I had the impression from prior private correspondence that the ridgewing option is generous on my part, but maybe the person I was talking to is just confused about the market rates these days (and I should make sure to gift them a bunch more things ❤️)? :) Any insights would be appreciated.

In my experience, Ridgebacks have just not been spawning as often recently, I've seen only a couple in several days of Alpine hunting. Perhaps other people are taking that as them being uncommon and thus it seems daunting to take up that task? I can't quite say for sure.

1 minute ago, Paintra said:

In my experience, Ridgebacks have just not been spawning as often recently, I've seen only a couple in several days of Alpine hunting. Perhaps other people are taking that as them being uncommon and thus it seems daunting to take up that task? I can't quite say for sure.

That's an interesting observation, thank you! The purple ridgewing CBs seem to pop up in the AP all the time, interestingly enough (which is where my acquaintance gets them, and indeed I tend to). Makes me wonder where they come from if they're not spawning in the biomes. XD (But I agree, I haven't seen them in the Alpine too often, either. But I don't hunt all that much, either, so I'm not sure that's saying much.)

4 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

That's an interesting observation, thank you! The purple ridgewing CBs seem to pop up in the AP all the time, interestingly enough (which is where my acquaintance gets them, and indeed I tend to). Makes me wonder where they come from if they're not spawning in the biomes. XD (But I agree, I haven't seen them in the Alpine too often, either. But I don't hunt all that much, either, so I'm not sure that's saying much.)

I've noticed the same with purple Dorsals! Can't find them in the biomes, but they're all over the AP. How odd XD Also, I realized I didn't say it in my first post, but I do believe that the combo isn't the issue, it's probably just people struggling to fulfill requests. I personally would love to get my hands on an Aeon/Shim pair if I had room to trade for them, since prizefails give you an aeon, which is still a win!

Ridgies and dorsals show up in the AP all the time because of people like me who need tans and reds, and throw back the others :lol: I collect them (and AP them) quite a bit.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ridgies and dorsals show up in the AP all the time because of people like me who need tans and reds, and throw back the others :lol: I collect them (and AP them) quite a bit.

Yes, that part is obvious. ^_^ But one would expect to see the in the cave about as often as in the AP. :) And if just to whizz by as someone clicks them hoping for a tan. And to the subjective impression of Paintra and me, they don't show up in the cave nearly often enough to explain how often they show up in the AP. We realise that's all it is - a subjective impression - but it's very amusing.

This is more of a general question, so maybe I'm wrong here (feel free to direct me to the right thread in that case): But can anyone explain to me what all these abbreviations that people use in Trade Postings mean? 

CB ?

2G? 

EG3 SS

I would like to trade some eggs but I have no clue to even understand what people want in return. 

Is there some sort of Wiki where all of that is explained?