Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I'm more or less newer to the whole trading worth thing on this game but

Would a PB Aeon, 3g silver shimmer-scale dragon, or a CB Bauta be worth anything? 

i got more offers than usual and I'm wondering what's so special about them-

Let me know if I'm doing this wrong.😅

22 minutes ago, HowDelightful said:

I'm more or less newer to the whole trading worth thing on this game but

Would a PB Aeon, 3g silver shimmer-scale dragon, or a CB Bauta be worth anything? 

i got more offers than usual and I'm wondering what's so special about them-

Let me know if I'm doing this wrong.😅

Just some general impressions from the trading I've seen and done...

CB Aeons are relatively hard to catch, and all Aeons in general seem to be bad breeders which, considering their very useful BSA helps to make a 2G attractive.

CB Bauta are uncommon I think, and have gained in popularity since they became hybrid producers (paired with the Blancblack they can produce a hybrid called Jester)

As far as I know, 3G Prizes have sharply declined in value since the monthly raffles made the prizes more common, but there are more variables to consider for that one: shimmer-scale or tinsel; gold, silver or bronze; mate (common, uncommon, rare, holiday, etc.)

Or sometimes  it's just right offer, right place, right time. ;) 

Ohh okay thanks :D

Unsure if this is also the right place to ask here but I got these offers for all of em combined (cb bauta, pb aeon, 3g shimmerscale, and a random cb hatchie) Wondering if I should accept any of theseimage.png.910cfc98a37b32365b5562a8c2395d77.png

You don't say what lineages they are. But quite honestly - the best thing to do with a trade is to accept something you actually want. Only you can know what that is.

Papers cost an arm and a leg at the moment, if that makes any difference to you.

I just won a prize in the raffle, a Silver Shimmer.  Which is all kinds of amazing because it's also my fave type/color of all the Prize dragons available.

BUT... I know there is way more Prize dragons out there now a days compared to the olden "win one during the holidays" raffles.  Do they still hold much trade value? I love him, value or not, and I'm really grateful to have finally won after all these years. Just curious once he's grown what I can reasonably ask for/expect to get for his eggs in todays market.   Thanks!!

13 hours ago, Jocosa said:

I just won a prize in the raffle, a Silver Shimmer.  Which is all kinds of amazing because it's also my fave type/color of all the Prize dragons available.

BUT... I know there is way more Prize dragons out there now a days compared to the olden "win one during the holidays" raffles.  Do they still hold much trade value? I love him, value or not, and I'm really grateful to have finally won after all these years. Just curious once he's grown what I can reasonably ask for/expect to get for his eggs in todays market.   Thanks!!

First things first: Congrats on that win! I hope it will breed nicely.

I would suggest to browse through this thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/157843-cb-prizes-a-user-guide/ It has some info regarding lineages, breeding, gifting, making IOU lists and such.

Regarding the worth of 2nd gens from your Prize: I won a Bronze Shimmer in one of the first monthly raffles in 2017. In those years since then I was offered 2 CB Silvers exactly once while other Prize owners speak of getting such offers on a regular basis. Others get Strats, I get offers with messy common hatchies. So either male Bronze Shims are not that interesting or I do have a serious case of bad luck 😄

So, yes, 2nd gens are still valuable, and yes, you might get that rares you have been dreaming of. But there is no guarantee for that. You will just have to try.

13 hours ago, Jocosa said:

In my recent experience, 2G Prizes have gone down in value. However, your chances of getting a CB metal these days are better if you can breed exactly what the other person's looking for (a particular mate, parents with short or medium length names, etc.).

Edited by obelisk_light

2 hours ago, Zimtie said:

First things first: Congrats on that win! I hope it will breed nicely.

I would suggest to browse through this thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/157843-cb-prizes-a-user-guide/ It has some info regarding lineages, breeding, gifting, making IOU lists and such.

Regarding the worth of 2nd gens from your Prize: I won a Bronze Shimmer in one of the first monthly raffles in 2017. In those years since then I was offered 2 CB Silvers exactly once while other Prize owners speak of getting such offers on a regular basis. Others get Strats, I get offers with messy common hatchies. So either male Bronze Shims are not that interesting or I do have a serious case of bad luck 😄

So, yes, 2nd gens are still valuable, and yes, you might get that rares you have been dreaming of. But there is no guarantee for that. You will just have to try.

Thank you, it's pretty exciting! :)  I actually did read that guide early yesterday, and found it really helpful though I think at this point most of the original advice was geared to the early and super limited raffle releases.  The inbox flooding is a thing of the past, thank goodness!

Aw, your littleBronzee Shim deserves more love then that when it comes to offers. Offering common hatchies is just ridiculous!  Thanks for your response!! 

2 hours ago, obelisk_light said:

In my recent experience, 2G Prizes have gone down in value. However, your chances of getting a CB metal these days are better if you can breed exactly what the other person's looking for (a particular mate, parents with short or medium length names, etc.).

That's helpful advice, thank you very much!  :)

Congrats on the win, I‘m personally mostly only going for 2nd gen swaps (especially if I have Holiday-Prizekins in need of a mate) or trying to breed a mate for one of the Prizekins I own. CB Metals are more difficult to get (good thing is that you can get those from the market) since most CB Metal traders are looking for specific Prizes from specific commons, which is difficult to fulfill... if you offer a Prize from common your chances of getting a CB Metal in return are higher than for a Prize from Holiday. I personally breed 2nd gen Prizekin for free, and I‘m often looking for Prizekin swaps for Prizes from commons that I managed to trade for(I haven’t tried to trade for Neglecteds, since I have my goal for them complete) I had no luck in trying to trade for 2nd gen SAlt-kin either, yet...

Haven't played for a few years. I see prizes have gone down in value quite a bit. I was wanting everyone's opinions on what would be good to go after in terms of me offering "x" for "cb white hatchlings". I have things from 2g Prizes/Hollies and can catch CB rares (Trios/Dinos/Metallics/etc). 

On 3/3/2021 at 9:00 AM, Saynna said:

Haven't played for a few years. I see prizes have gone down in value quite a bit. I was wanting everyone's opinions on what would be good to go after in terms of me offering "x" for "cb white hatchlings". I have things from 2g Prizes/Hollies and can catch CB rares (Trios/Dinos/Metallics/etc). 

White doesn't seem to be very valuable. White eggs with a specific code/specific lineage sometimes appear on the trading page. But that's the same case for other common dragons. If you want to get white hatchlings, I think that people will be willing to trade 1 egg/hatch of the ones you mentioned (2g Prizes/Hollies or CB Metallics, Trios, Dinos) for 1 or 2 white hatchlings. Maybe, even they will be willing to trade it for 3 white hatchlings.

For my case,
Today I posted 1 CB Xeno (Ke'maro) egg on the trading page and asked to offer anything. Then someone asked me to trade my Xeno for 1 CB Magma egg and 1 CB Bauta hatchling. Of course I gladly accepted that offer, but I think there seems to be too much of what I've received. Umm... is the CB Xeno really that valuable?

If someone particularly wants one - yes. I have traded 2 gen PB golds for CB commons when I was in a hurry to work on a lineage. It's all about who wants what and how badly. All these "is x worth y ?" questions fall when someone wants something.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

are cb blacks still hot? i remember cb blacks being really rare back in the day but idk if thats still true

Not especially. I'd say more warm...

What's reasonable to expect for a Cheese egg? I was hoping to get a Red Dino (or a CB Stat Xeno, although I think that's unlikely), but I've had no offers. How many CB (non-Stat) Xenos or Aeons would be fair to ask for?

On 3/25/2021 at 1:45 PM, GhostMouse said:

What's reasonable to expect for a Cheese egg? I was hoping to get a Red Dino (or a CB Stat Xeno, although I think that's unlikely), but I've had no offers. How many CB (non-Stat) Xenos or Aeons would be fair to ask for?

From my recent attempts at trading them.. I would only ask for 1 CB Xeno. It takes more than a day for me to trade a Cheese for a CB Xeno and I traded 3 Cheese in the past month. A Cheese for a Red Dino is fair, but take into consideration that a Red Dino is going to be harder to find since there are 5 colors of Dinos compared to a single Cheese species. You just really gotta hope that someone with a Red Dino wants a cheese. Your best bet would be to find a Dino and ask for a color swap imo. As for Aeon, CB Aeon > Cheese. If you find a Paper snatch it up. I always got CB Xeno offers almost immediately posting a Paper up for trade vs a Cheese.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:23 AM, Chaos Rider said:

What would a 2G Bronze Shimmer be worth nowadays?

Their value is all over the place. I remember in 2015 it'd be near impossible to get on a list without giving multiple CB Green Copper (These were typically traded at a 1:1 ratio with CB Gold at the time)/CB Metal/2g prize swap. You'd be lucky to get on a list with just giving a set of CB Trio for example back then and if the owner was accepting that for a 2g prize offspring you'd best bet that their list of clientele was long. 

-

From recent bargaining (literately within a few days of each other), I'm first on the list of a 2g Gold Shimmer (M) x White for a CB Silver and first again on another list for 2g Gold Tinsel (M) x White for a CB Ice, Magma, Cheese, and CB Astrapi Xeno. I've noticed a lot of prize owners who have an empty list or have trouble trading off their offspring. Best bet at getting the best offer for your shimmer is to pay attention to what people want in trades of what you're looking for. If you're looking for CB Gold/Silver and someone's wanting a specific 2g Bronze Shimmer I'd give them a message on the forum in regards to their trade.

Edited by GrimmyYA

On 3/26/2021 at 2:23 AM, Chaos Rider said:

What would a 2G Bronze Shimmer be worth nowadays?

In addition to the excellent things GrimmyYA says, my suggestion is: look through the most recent [Holiday] Lineage Aid and [Holiday] Trading Post threads and see if there's 1) a combo that lots of people are working on (e.g. 'Oh, there's five posts from different people looking for Bronze Shimmer x Mutamore!') or 2) a really odd combo that someone doesn't seem to have found arrangements for (e.g. 'This person has posted multiple offers and their want list always includes Bronze Shimmer x Olive'). That way you can get some idea of what's most sought after or what may be hard to get (certain commons are so common that getting a Shimmer from them is super-rare; or they may want another rare as the non-Shimmer parent, etc.) and thus what those one or two desperate people with that lineage will give anything for.  :)

Also, keep an eye on forum signatures any time you're posting here, since people frequently tuck trade offers or wanted rares in their signatures.  (Guilty!)  You may find faster trades if you just PM people whose signature says they're willing to trade X for a certain 2G Shimmer, if X is what you want or the Shimmer is something you can breed and you think they can catch/breed what you're interested in.

Edited by sorenna

I wound up trading the egg for a Shimmerscale hatchling that was due to grow up very soon in a lineage I liked the look of. I will keep what both you and GrimmyYA have mentioned for future breedings though

On 3/27/2021 at 5:15 AM, GrimmyYA said:

From my recent attempts at trading them.. I would only ask for 1 CB Xeno. It takes more than a day for me to trade a Cheese for a CB Xeno and I traded 3 Cheese in the past month. A Cheese for a Red Dino is fair, but take into consideration that a Red Dino is going to be harder to find since there are 5 colors of Dinos compared to a single Cheese species. You just really gotta hope that someone with a Red Dino wants a cheese. Your best bet would be to find a Dino and ask for a color swap imo. As for Aeon, CB Aeon > Cheese. If you find a Paper snatch it up. I always got CB Xeno offers almost immediately posting a Paper up for trade vs a Cheese.

I forgot to reply earlier but this was very helpful, thank you! I definitely thought a Cheese was worth a bit more. I managed to get a CB Xeno hatchie for it so I'm happy.

23 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I forgot to reply earlier but this was very helpful, thank you! I definitely thought a Cheese was worth a bit more. I managed to get a CB Xeno hatchie for it so I'm happy.

I'm glad I was helpful for you :) I'm even more glad that you got what you wanted! :D

I have a 2gen PB Silver egg. Can I get a new 'magenta' (Floret alt) egg for it?

ETA: I forgot to mention it has an all caps code too.

Edited by Oddsoxdi
To add something.

21 hours ago, Oddsoxdi said:

I have a 2gen PB Silver egg. Can I get a new 'magenta' (Floret alt) egg for it?

ETA: I forgot to mention it has an all caps code too.

I think that you could, if someone is into purebred Silver lineages and/or they like all-caps codes and don't mind that it isn't a CB code.  I am not into purebred metal lineages, but some people love them.  Just checked trades, and there aren't currently that many for trade--some are asking for 2G bloodswaps.  Right now it may be a bit harder finding that combination of (a) someone who likes PB Silver lines and (b) who is willing to give up a Floret alt for it (it depends on whether they are in a hurry to meet their scroll goals or if they can get what they subjectively consider to be a better offer).  I looked at your trade, and you don't mention you are looking for a specific lineage (so I assume you are not), so that could help you. 

~~~~

I have a trading question.

Is it reasonable to ask for two CB Cantormaris eggs for a chicken?

Realizing that it depends on how much a particular individual loves chickens versus Cantormaris ... in other words, it's entirely subjective ... still, I will pose the question. :) Thanks in advance.

Edited by missy_

On 6/1/2021 at 1:38 PM, missy_ said:

I think that you could, if someone is into purebred Silver lineages and/or they like all-caps codes and don't mind that it isn't a CB code.  I am not into purebred metal lineages, but some people love them.  Just checked trades, and there aren't currently that many for trade--some are asking for 2G bloodswaps.  Right now it may be a bit harder finding that combination of (a) someone who likes PB Silver lines and (b) who is willing to give up a Floret alt for it (it depends on whether they are in a hurry to meet their scroll goals or if they can get what they subjectively consider to be a better offer).  I looked at your trade, and you don't mention you are looking for a specific lineage (so I assume you are not), so that could help you. 

~~~~

I have a trading question.

Is it reasonable to ask for two CB Cantormaris eggs for a chicken?

Realizing that it depends on how much a particular individual loves chickens versus Cantormaris ... in other words, it's entirely subjective ... still, I will pose the question. :) Thanks in advance.

FWIW, I think it would absolutely be a reasonable ask... if you were asking a week ago.  Right now, though, I'd say you're welcome to ask but don't expect to get any responses.  People are really holding onto their CB Cantors and Sapphires currently because of the new releases, so you might get one Cantor egg/hatchie but I don't think you'll get two.  The only offer I got on my recent dino trade was one CB Cantor egg, so I'd imagine Chickens will be similar.  (I know there's a few players who hoard chickens, though, so you might get lucky if one of them happens to have spare Cantors!)

Basically, I'd say it doesn't hurt to ask but I'd expect no more than 1 to be offered.

4 hours ago, sorenna said:

FWIW, I think it would absolutely be a reasonable ask... if you were asking a week ago.  Right now, though, I'd say you're welcome to ask but don't expect to get any responses.  People are really holding onto their CB Cantors and Sapphires currently because of the new releases, so you might get one Cantor egg/hatchie but I don't think you'll get two.  The only offer I got on my recent dino trade was one CB Cantor egg, so I'd imagine Chickens will be similar.  (I know there's a few players who hoard chickens, though, so you might get lucky if one of them happens to have spare Cantors!)

Basically, I'd say it doesn't hurt to ask but I'd expect no more than 1 to be offered.

Thank you, sorenna; I needed that reality check XD

Yes, with the new release, there will be an uproar for awhile. I suppose I can hope for someone who loves chickens more than Cantors. Which boils down to luck! :iraptor: