Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Checker prices are tricky - not everyone can begin to match them. You are limiting yourself in terms of who can hope to offer. Better to ask for - say - 2 2nd gens for the base layer, so that people can try to breed for you.

Prize stairstep - 3rd, I'd say.

57 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Checker prices are tricky - not everyone can begin to match them. You are limiting yourself in terms of who can hope to offer. Better to ask for - say - 2 2nd gens for the base layer, so that people can try to breed for you.

Prize stairstep - 3rd, I'd say.

Thank you. Someone is offering checkers and I was unsure rather to ask for 3 or 4:blink:

So what are 3rd gen Avatars going for these days? I'm not sure what to ask for with this boy.

I'd also like a rough idea of what it would take to trade for a 3rd gen checker with at least one SA in the base.

Is it crazy to want a CB Silver for a Chicken, CB Mageia Xeno, and CB Spring? In the past, I've gotten a CB Silver for only a chicken, but it seems Silvers have become more valuable or something. It might just be what people want...but I do kinda wanna know if Silver rarity increased. 

And CB Gold rarity. Is it about the same? Is one CB Gold worth an ND? I have a male CB Gold, and don't want to trade him, but I'm wondering what I have a better chance of getting an ND with. A CB Gold or a 2G Gold tinsel (whatever mate, usually holiday or metallic)?

1 hour ago, JBluewind said:

Thank you. Someone is offering checkers and I was unsure rather to ask for 3 or 4:blink:

So what are 3rd gen Avatars going for these days? I'm not sure what to ask for with this boy.

I'd also like a rough idea of what it would take to trade for a 3rd gen checker with at least one SA in the base.

Well - if they are offering checkers you like, I'd think 2-3 would be fair.

That's a very pretty avatar - but it would need someone who wanted that combo. I know that, pretty though it is - I wouldn't go for it because I couldn't use it for anything. You might well get yourself a 3rd gen with SA in the base for it, though.  Then again - if I could, I'd happily breed you that 3rd gen with SA at base, for free...  I'll look...

Have Xenos dropped in value significantly? When it comes to trading them they used to seem almost on-par with Zyus, but it seems not many people are looking for them lately? (..... I'm suddenly wondering if it has anything to do with Xenos being so cheap in the Market...)

On 6/3/2019 at 8:18 AM, Suzumiya said:

Is it crazy to want a CB Silver for a Chicken, CB Mageia Xeno, and CB Spring? In the past, I've gotten a CB Silver for only a chicken, but it seems Silvers have become more valuable or something. It might just be what people want...but I do kinda wanna know if Silver rarity increased. 

And CB Gold rarity. Is it about the same? Is one CB Gold worth an ND? I have a male CB Gold, and don't want to trade him, but I'm wondering what I have a better chance of getting an ND with. A CB Gold or a 2G Gold tinsel (whatever mate, usually holiday or metallic)?

I think that CB Gold = 2G Prize = ND, but I haven't personally posted any 2G Prizes in trade threads (yet). 2G Prizes from non-holiday mates are also going to be slightly easier to trade because some people feel that they're more valuable.

Edited by The Dragoness

How rare ARE CB Summers (or Springs, seasonals in general)? I've tried several times to get a trade for a CB Spring (the person SPECIFICALLY asked for a 3G tinsel, no further elaboration about type of lineage other than 'stair or spiral') and it was declined every time. Are these seasonals THAT rare? 

And why does someone ask for a certain lineage, but then not accept the trade when they get what they asked for? Are they wanting something super rare? Are they hoping someone can read their minds over the internet and guess what type of lineage they want? I don't understand this aspect of Public Trades. If you just say 'offers', fine, be picky. If you ask for something specific and someone offers that exact thing and it outright gets declined...I don't understand. If you want a certain breed lineage...maybe ask for it? 

I'm really confused. I had no idea seasonals were SO rare now that people are wanting insanely 'expensive' things for one. O.o

9 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

How rare ARE CB Summers (or Springs, seasonals in general)? I've tried several times to get a trade for a CB Spring (the person SPECIFICALLY asked for a 3G tinsel, no further elaboration about type of lineage other than 'stair or spiral') and it was declined every time. Are these seasonals THAT rare? 

And why does someone ask for a certain lineage, but then not accept the trade when they get what they asked for? Are they wanting something super rare? Are they hoping someone can read their minds over the internet and guess what type of lineage they want? I don't understand this aspect of Public Trades. If you just say 'offers', fine, be picky. If you ask for something specific and someone offers that exact thing and it outright gets declined...I don't understand. If you want a certain breed lineage...maybe ask for it? 

I'm really confused. I had no idea seasonals were SO rare now that people are wanting insanely 'expensive' things for one. O.o

I don't consider them rare at all:  at most they would be slightly uncommon.  But people in trades are very likely to ask just in case someone is willing to do it. I've seen long lineaged prizes  with the trader asking for CB metals. Also I have found that trades can be frustrating for just the reason you mentioned.  When that happens more than once with the same person  I make a note of the name and don't bother to offer any more in future. . I've offered things people want and just for fun let it sit to see how long it would take.  There have been at least half a dozen cases where a couple fo days passed and  the egg hatched before they decided.  I think they may post and forget.

18 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

And why does someone ask for a certain lineage, but then not accept the trade when they get what they asked for?

For what it's worth, they may want to be more specific, but public trades only allow that much text. In the scenario you mentioned, they may already have 3Gs from the lines you're offering, for example, but not have the space to say "not related to <code>, <code>, <code>, <code>, <code>, ...".

...of course, the workaround most people have started doing for that particular problem is to make a public group and ref' the group, but it's easy to imagine other details getting lost. For example, I wouldn't want any lineages with luminae in them, and some other species, but I couldn't list them all and would have to put "picky about mate, sorry" or something into the desc', at best. It's frustrating, but they may not be able to do anything about it.

Or the description is ambiguous somehow (don't think that's true in this case, but possible). For example, I spent a while asking for 2G pyro xenowyrms from CB green firegem father and CB gaia xenowyrm mother, and there was a time when someone offered me two 2G pyro xenowyrms, one from CB green firegem (m) x CB pyro xenowyrm (f) and one from CB pyro xenowyrm (m) x CB gaia xenowyrm (f). Which is an easy misunderstanding to make, if I don't instead ask for a bloodswap of an example what I mean, exacerbated by that not all people may necessarily realise a pyro is even a possible outcome in that scenario.

Meanwhile, good luck trading for a summer!

18 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

For what it's worth, they may want to be more specific, but public trades only allow that much text. In the scenario you mentioned, they may already have 3Gs from the lines you're offering, for example, but not have the space to say "not related to <code>, <code>, <code>, <code>, <code>, ...".

...of course, the workaround most people have started doing for that particular problem is to make a public group and ref' the group, but it's easy to imagine other details getting lost. For example, I wouldn't want any lineages with luminae in them, and some other species, but I couldn't list them all and would have to put "picky about mate, sorry" or something into the desc', at best. It's frustrating, but they may not be able to do anything about it.

Or the description is ambiguous somehow (don't think that's true in this case, but possible). For example, I spent a while asking for 2G pyro xenowyrms from CB green firegem father and CB gaia xenowyrm mother, and there was a time when someone offered me two 2G pyro xenowyrms, one from CB green firegem (m) x CB pyro xenowyrm (f) and one from CB pyro xenowyrm (m) x CB gaia xenowyrm (f). Which is an easy misunderstanding to make, if I don't instead ask for a bloodswap of an example what I mean, exacerbated by that not all people may necessarily realise a pyro is even a possible outcome in that scenario.

Meanwhile, good luck trading for a summer!

Thank you. That kind of makes sense, and I would believe it if the only thing in the trade box wasn't "want 3G Prize stair/spiral"...clearly there was enough room to put "picky about lineage". I wish the lines were a little longer. I've also had issues like yours with the Fire Gem/Xeno. I want a 2G Red Fire Gem from Red Fire mother/Sapphire father, but usually can't write it all out and end up getting the opposite. It's SO hard to get Fire Gems from Sapphires, and I get sad when I see the opposite gender pair I was offered. I just don't like the male Fire Gem sprites! 

Still haven't found a reasonable Summer trade, but I got a lovely little CB Spring girl from @becondethuong1307, that nice, nice person! Hmmm. Summers just came out. Maybe that's why people are reluctant to trade them right now...they want Solstice release date summers. Didn't even think of that. 

19 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

It may be much simpler than all the other answers thus far. I had a trade up recently asking for a specific lineage. I got multiple identical offers. Got to pick one - so I went for the one with nicely named parents. If they get more than one offer - they will have to reject all but one.

what is a reasonable offer for a CB Aeon egg? is 3-4 CB new release hatchies, or BSA hatchies, fair?

19 hours ago, Dew said:

what is a reasonable offer for a CB Aeon egg? is 3-4 CB new release hatchies, or BSA hatchies, fair?

CB Aeons are pretty rare, that mightttt be on the low side, but I'd bet somebody would take new release hatchies :)

I have a CB Pyro Xenowyrm, a CB Cheese, and a CB Black Truffle (are uncommons actually worth anything?). I initially planned on trying to trade the xeno for a CB Blusang Lindwyrm (or maybe a copper), but I'm not sure if it's too little with just the xeno, or too much if I add in the cheese. Are a CB xenowyrm and a cheese worth a blusang, or could I get more? Would adding the truffle affect the lot's value at all?

17 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

I have a CB Pyro Xenowyrm, a CB Cheese, and a CB Black Truffle (are uncommons actually worth anything?). I initially planned on trying to trade the xeno for a CB Blusang Lindwyrm (or maybe a copper), but I'm not sure if it's too little with just the xeno, or too much if I add in the cheese. Are a CB xenowyrm and a cheese worth a blusang, or could I get more? Would adding the truffle affect the lot's value at all?

I think you could definitely get a blusang with the CB xeno and if that doesn't fly add the cheese. : > I've had some luck trading truffles but mostly for other mildly uncommon things, nothing rare.

2 hours ago, cbussiere said:

I think you would have the best luck with trading just the Cheese for a Blusang. Black Truffles aren't worth much and Pyros are considered the least valuable of the six Xeno types. The Pyro and Cheese might be a bit overkill.

Someone was looking tradewise for CB eggs with codes starting 00... Does anyone know who that was? Or how much an egg with a 'James Bond' esque 00number code would be worth in general? I'm not big on number collecting codes so I'd rather it go to someone who appreciates it even if it's not actually worth anything in particular (egg in question is electric if that helps)

whats a cb gold worth these days? i have one cb gold and i want to attempt to grab a second one but i have no idea what to offer or even consider offering when i go to ask for one

12 minutes ago, Tasokie said:

whats a cb gold worth these days? i have one cb gold and i want to attempt to grab a second one but i have no idea what to offer or even consider offering when i go to ask for one

It really depends on who you ask. I'd say a Neglected, 2G SA, 2G Prize, 2 CB Silvers, a CB Silver + a few "high end" CB uncommons (ex. Gaia, Yellow Zyu, Copper) or a large batch of hatchlings from the person's wishlist. I think I traded for all of my CB Golds with CB Halloweens and CB uncommon hatchlings.

20 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

It really depends on who you ask. I'd say a Neglected, 2G SA, 2G Prize, 2 CB Silvers, a CB Silver + a few "high end" CB uncommons (ex. Gaia, Yellow Zyu, Copper) or a large batch of hatchlings from the person's wishlist. I think I traded for all of my CB Golds with CB Halloweens and CB uncommon hatchlings.

thats unfortunate then, i have a hard time catching things as it is lol

On 7/30/2019 at 12:13 AM, littleangelamy22 said:

Someone was looking tradewise for CB eggs with codes starting 00... Does anyone know who that was? Or how much an egg with a 'James Bond' esque 00number code would be worth in general? I'm not big on number collecting codes so I'd rather it go to someone who appreciates it even if it's not actually worth anything in particular (egg in question is electric if that helps)

@littleangelamy22 Maybe you were thinking of Wiz? https://forums.dragcave.net/profile/17368-wiz/  (scroll name Angie Baby)

But after looking at her profile I'm not sure if this the right time to PM her about this 😐 

If you see this, Wiz, I am sorry for your loss.

As for the worth in trading: I would say it's worth less than a word code. Maybe just ask for offers? I would not expect a rare or super rare but you never know with us code hunters 😉

What are 2G Prizes really worth? Specifically Silver/Gold. I have no trouble with filling up my lists but when it comes to posting a 2G Prize egg in trading threads, I rarely get offers. I've tried a few times and only one of them went for another 2G Prize. The rest? Nothing. Not even a PM. How are other people trading for CB Golds and SAs? I've kind of given up on trading 2Gs because I've had such poor luck XD

8 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

What are 2G Prizes really worth? Specifically Silver/Gold. I have no trouble with filling up my lists but when it comes to posting a 2G Prize egg in trading threads, I rarely get offers. I've tried a few times and only one of them went for another 2G Prize. The rest? Nothing. Not even a PM. How are other people trading for CB Golds and SAs? I've kind of given up on trading 2Gs because I've had such poor luck XD

It depends on what the prize is mated to - 2g prize x Holiday is worth a lot less than 2g prize x Common, for example. Because it's easier to get shinies from holiday pairings and therefore less rare.

3 hours ago, Kaini said:

It depends on what the prize is mated to - 2g prize x Holiday is worth a lot less than 2g prize x Common, for example. Because it's easier to get shinies from holiday pairings and therefore less rare.

The ones I tried were mated to a Gaia and Celestial. I know that 2Gs from Holidays are less rare (and adjust my IOU "prices" accordingly) but even those seem to trade well. 

It is not just you @The Dragoness  My son and sister said they have been having trouble trading theirs as well and neither usually breeds to holidays. A few weeks my son had a tinsel bred with blusang grow up on his scroll because he had 0 bites for it.