Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

If trading BSA hatchlings for a second gen prize what is the going rate of hatchlings especially if you don't care about lineage?  would 10 red, 5 Aeon, 5 pink, 5 magi, and 5 purple be a fair trade?

Just picked up a paper (with an interesting code as well) but I've really no interest in it outside of trade fodder, what would be a reasonable thing to ask for it?

4 hours ago, nanapuff said:

Just picked up a paper (with an interesting code as well) but I've really no interest in it outside of trade fodder, what would be a reasonable thing to ask for it?

CB rare stuff (outside of CB silver/gold, I guess coppers could work or not), other unbreedables, 2G prizekin (if the person wants a paper), prizes 3G (+), maybe random hatchies or BSA (though e. g. asking for 3-4 reds never seems to get me any offers - people probably don't trade them that much right before the holiday).

Or maybe you are just looking for the prettiest checker you can find.. who knows :D

A user has been offering the same exact thing multiple times despite being declined. This has been happening since yesterday, and it also came with someone putting my eggs on fan site overnight last night; this has also been a regular albeit less rapid occurrence. I can't say it was also that person, given there is no way to definitely confirm such an accusation, nor am I here to make such a claim. 

Rather, I want to know how to possibly tell said person(s) I am not interested and/or that they should stop doing this.

I am unsure if this is the right place to post this.

1 minute ago, Montre said:

A user has been offering the same exact thing multiple times despite being declined. This has been happening since yesterday, and it also came with someone putting my eggs on fan site overnight last night; this has also been a regular albeit less rapid occurrence. I can't say it was also that person, given there is no way to definitely confirm such an accusation, nor am I here to make such a claim. 

Rather, I want to know how to possibly tell said person(s) I am not interested and/or that they should stop doing this.

If they aren't on the forum you can't do much. Either keep declining (which doesn't seem to work) OR keep their offer up so they can't do that again and just keep a mental note about that offer (I guess you don't want it so don't accidentally accept it) :(

1 hour ago, Montre said:

There is no direct way to tell them 'stop offering I'm not going to accept it', since there is no way to directly communicate with someone on-site. If declining isn't working because they keep offering, just leave their offer up. Leaving an offer sitting there with no decline/accept will tie up that offer so the person can't do anything else with it, and eventually they might just give up if the offer sits there with no action for too long. I've done that before when the same person offered multiple times, things basically the opposite of what I wanted, and eventually they pulled the offer, possibly because they finally understood I wasn't going to accept.

For a 2nd Gen Blusang hatchling Is one Red hatchling considered fair, or should I hold out for 2? Still trying to get a feel for this.

Edited by BrazenChase

Depends.

But Halloween is coming, I'd say you can accept the Red for your Blusang :v (if the offer is still there)

Edited by BlueLatios

10 hours ago, BrazenChase said:

For a 2nd Gen Blusang hatchling Is one Red hatchling considered fair, or should I hold out for 2? Still trying to get a feel for this.

A dragon that's bred usually has a different target group than the same breed directly from the cave would. That means, "rare" breed (in the cave) or not, many people don't care for a bred dragon (with the exception of special lineages, e. g. descendants of a spriter's alt, checkered lineages or a combination sb is looking for).

Even prize dragons are mostly only sought after (~ valuable) when they're a low generation (2G or sometimes 3G/4G)

So, in your case, I'd take the 1 Red because it's unlikely you will get more of them (especially now with Halloween is coming up soon).

On 10/14/2018 at 1:40 PM, osean said:

If trading BSA hatchlings for a second gen prize what is the going rate of hatchlings especially if you don't care about lineage?  would 10 red, 5 Aeon, 5 pink, 5 magi, and 5 purple be a fair trade?

I think that's fair, but you could ask for more if the Prize has a common mate (ex. a 2G Tinsel from Mint is more "valubale" than a 2G Tinsel from Caligene). I've traded anywhere from 30-50 BSA hatchlings for a 2G Prize. I recently arranged a trade for 10 messy Pink hatchlings + 20 2G Holidays in return for a 2G Silver Tinsel from Swallowtail. 2G Holidays typically go for 1-2 common or BSA hatchlings from what I've seen, if that offers any sort of reference.

Also, Aeons seem to be the most "valuable" of the BSA dragons and Magis the least, so keep that in mind.

Edited by The Dragoness

Not really a 'what's this worth' question, but general trading etiquette... There was a trade with 4 dragons, two of which I really really wanted. Offered on it, offer was accepted, I now have two dragons I really wanted and two I don't need. Would it be considered poor etiquette to trade those two I don't need? I'm a firm believer in 'once it leaves your scroll you have no say', but this feels a bit iffy even to me. I know in general it's considered poor form to trade something someone gifted you, but I'm not sure about trading something you traded for? (I'll honestly probably just gift them, but I've thought about this question before so I might as well ask.) 

If you traded for them, I'd say you can do whatever you like with them, honestly. :) You already paid, the product's yours now! ^^

If someone gifted you something, that's another story, but if you obtained it with a trade... then I say go ahead and do what you want with them. I don't think that's rude, I think that's how the market works (in general, IRL too).

Edit: what is rude though is to make someone wait for more than 48h and not even bothering to decline when you accept something else so the other person gets a notif after more than two full days. That or the frigging egg grew up, but if you're not gonna be around then why do you open a trade? 

*grumbles*

That's happened to me twice now, it's maddening.

Sorry, needed to vent.

Edited by relaks

What is this worth?

TRADED.

it's 8th gen but the father is a spriters alt.

Edited by blockEdragon
The egg has been traded, thank you for your answers

40 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

What is this worth?

link

Personal opinion: It might be worth something to people who don't care about the lineage or like messies 🙃 Can't say how "much" though because the circle of people who would trade for it is probably ~small.

Many people (myself included) wouldn't find it desirable because - SA father or not - it lacks a clear, "pretty" lineage. Judging by the new breed dropping tomorrow (= many eggslots needed) you might have more luck trading it as a hatchie.

Good luck! :)

1 hour ago, blockEdragon said:

What is this worth?

link

I mean, I would say it's worth something. The father is an SA - I'd trade for it, though nothing too extravagant like a CB metal or ND.

So, is a z-code Dino worth anything more then a regular Dino? I've traded Dinos for other unbreedables in the past, but I was wondering if maybe because of the whole z-code thing it may be more wanted? Then again Dinos can't breed so maybe unbreedable z-codes aren't worth as much? (It's a green Dino, if that matters.)

Z-codes (or codes in general) are - like antiques - worth only as much as a small percentage of the DC population is willing to give for it XD Mind you, z-codes don't give any advantage on the trade market in general, so you'll never know whether or not anyone is even *able* to give more than for a boring-coded Dino.

This trade on the hub: https://dragcave.net/teleport/8d5323eecb541c7a56b6f79c9ebf9349

says, "3~4 cb hatchies combination of candelabra, pipio, shin kai, gemshard, fire gem, script"

My question is, what is shin kai?

43 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

My question is, what is shin kai?

A cooler way to say Sinii Krai? (Idk otherwise) :o Maybe autocorrect / typo? ;) 

What are cb Lunar Heralds worth? And do the colours play any role in price?

Also, what should I offer if I want an Aeon (I don't care for lineages as long as they're clean)

13 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

How much would two Paper Dragon eggs be worth?

Depends on what you want. For really valuable stuff like ND, 2G Prize, 2G SAkin, CB Gold, CB Silver you'd need tons of luck - but you should be able to get almost anything else in reasonable numbers (if sb is interested in two Papers at once). With reasonable, I mean, not asking for 4 Dinos or something (you most likely wouldn't get them).

Sooo, I stopped playing for at least a year and missed a few releases... went searching for Florets in the cave and haven't seen a single one in a full week. Are they actually horrifically rare or am I just having abominable luck? What should I expect to have to trade for one?

EDIT: Bless this site, after I posted this somebody gifted me a CB floret and somebody else gave me a nice trade for another. ❤️ 

Edited by Sylph264

1 minute ago, Sylph264 said:

Sooo, I stopped playing for at least a year and missed a few releases... went searching for Florets in the cave and haven't seen a single one in a full week. Are they actually horrifically rare or am I just having abominable luck? What should I expect to have to trade for one?

They seem to be somewhat rare. I would say they'd go for the price of an unbreedable like a cheese.

17 hours ago, Sylph264 said:

17 hours ago, Kaini said:

They seem to be somewhat rare. I would say they'd go for the price of an unbreedable like a cheese.

I wouldn't go that far, i'd say a floret is about the same as a gold wyvern rank, below xenowyrms but not to the point of being uncommons.

Edited by blockEdragon

9 minutes ago, Sylph264 said:

Maybe it's just not the right timing to look for them? They're not too rare, mind that they appear in Alpines and Forests. Gold Florets are in Alpine, easier to get compared to the Purple Florets in Forest. Good luck!