Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

12 hours ago, Aqub said:

How many common hatchlings could I ask for in exchange for 3G Prizes? 

I've honestly been abandoning or giving away my 3G prizes. I usually just ask for any random CB hatchie. The rarer ones will usually get nice offers though. Some very generous person offered a CB silver for a 3G Gold tinsel from silver metallic stair. I guess it depends on who wants what and when? The prize type also matters, at least to me. I'd offer 4 nice commons for a 3G Gold tinsel from, say, Sunsongs or Tan Ridgewings. I wouldn't offer anything on a shimmer (of any color) though. 

2 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I've honestly been abandoning or giving away my 3G prizes. I usually just ask for any random CB hatchie. The rarer ones will usually get nice offers though. Some very generous person offered a CB silver for a 3G Gold tinsel from silver metallic stair. I guess it depends on who wants what and when? The prize type also matters, at least to me. I'd offer 4 nice commons for a 3G Gold tinsel from, say, Sunsongs or Tan Ridgewings. I wouldn't offer anything on a shimmer (of any color) though. 

@aqub, I would pretty much agree with this! Except for the shimmer thing, I love shimmers and tinsels equally :)

When I put up 3gs from silver or gold prizes (and sometimes bronzes, if they are rare pairings or have popular mates like xenos, etc), I either ask for 1-2 specific cb common hatchlings, or "random common cb hatchlings." I usually get a trade fairly quickly (between instant offer - a few hours). 

What should I make of public trades that say something like "free egg, offer something cool"? Like which is it? Free or something you want to trade for something cool? Am I missing something? Don't most people just put up dummy eggs when its free?

On 3/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, Sazandora said:

Asking for a friend -- what is the estimated market value of 2G Silvers?

I literally JUST got a Cheese for one. I think it depends. My silver was PB, so maybe the type of mate also depends. I had a 2G Silver from a Gaia Xeno mate that also got me a Chicken, so sometimes really nice, but sometimes...no offers at all. The PB silver I just traded for the Cheese had been up ever since he hatched (he had 2 hours left when I traded him) so maybe time/gender also factors into it? Silvers are raffle dragons, so maybe someone needed a last minute low time silver or something and was willing to give up a Cheese. I don't know. I wouldn't trade a Cheese for a 2G silver, but I love Cheeses. I think a lot of factors affect whether someone wants a 2G metal. 

@smartster4 When I see those trades, I just offer a messy BSA or a bred Xeno. BSAs are usually always taken and so are Xenos. Even though it says free, I've had trades with random AP eggs like inbred Brimstones declined, but when I re-offer on the same trade with a Nebula or BSA or Xeno...auto-accept. If I put Free in my trade...it's free. You just offer anything. I don't want it. That's why it's free.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:07 AM, Suzumiya said:

I literally JUST got a Cheese for one. I think it depends. My silver was PB, so maybe the type of mate also depends. I had a 2G Silver from a Gaia Xeno mate that also got me a Chicken, so sometimes really nice, but sometimes...no offers at all. The PB silver I just traded for the Cheese had been up ever since he hatched (he had 2 hours left when I traded him) so maybe time/gender also factors into it? Silvers are raffle dragons, so maybe someone needed a last minute low time silver or something and was willing to give up a Cheese. I don't know. I wouldn't trade a Cheese for a 2G silver, but I love Cheeses. I think a lot of factors affect whether someone wants a 2G metal. 

@smartster4 When I see those trades, I just offer a messy BSA or a bred Xeno. BSAs are usually always taken and so are Xenos. Even though it says free, I've had trades with random AP eggs like inbred Brimstones declined, but when I re-offer on the same trade with a Nebula or BSA or Xeno...auto-accept. If I put Free in my trade...it's free. You just offer anything. I don't want it. That's why it's free.

But what if the trade simply says "Please take! It's Free!"  You still have to offer something correct? Because so far any of them I've found that say that, won't let you just click on it. 

31 minutes ago, Feral71 said:

But what if the trade simply says "Please take! It's Free!"  You still have to offer something correct? Because so far any of them I've found that say that, won't let you just click on it. 

There is no choice there because the site doesn't have one-way Trading Hub capabilities (yet?), there is no possible way for anyone to make a one-way transfer and put it in the Trading Hub. The only possible way to 'gift' a 'free' dragon in the Trading Hub is to post a two-way and just say 'free' or whatever, 'free' meaning 'just offer anything'. 

@HeatherMarie    Thank you. I was wondering about it. I know I've been sent a free egg through a pm, but never saw a way to do it in the trading hub. So why do they post it that way?

14 minutes ago, Feral71 said:

@HeatherMarie    Thank you. I was wondering about it. I know I've been sent a free egg through a pm, but never saw a way to do it in the trading hub. So why do they post it that way?

They might have wanted to give away that dragon but don’t have a forum account or need it to go quickly. Posting a two way public trade link on Trading Hub means all DC players online on the Hub can see it and not just forum users, since there isn’t a way to post an one-way link on the Hub. If a player wants to take the egg, they just need to offer a random unwanted egg (just grab anything from AP, for example). The link’s owner will accept the “trade offer” and then abandon that unwanted egg.

5 hours ago, Feral71 said:

I do it because I have problems seeing PMs on my phone, but seeing trade notifications on my scroll is much easier. I just say "FREE! Any dummy!" or something, and...well, literally ANYONE can grab a messy AP egg and offer it. Even a brand new player.

I have three 3G tinsels (all perfect stairs) up as free right now. Usually free tinsels lower than 5G get offers pretty quick. Sometimes people even offer good stuff instead of inbred AP eggs. Still, since it's free, it's always fairest to take what was offered first.

@becondethuong1307     @Suzumiya       thank you for explaining. As a new player, I'm trying to get my first "trophy" so I'm trying to build up to 50 adults, LOL, but with having to trade things for what I want, what I have I don't want to get rid of because I like them so much. It DOES make sense that way. I'm very close now, so it won't matter so much. I just have to keep reminding myself to quit staying egg bound. :P 

Edited by Feral71

I do it because we have to, and also because I sometimes get offered interesting stuff which starts me on a new line.

I was wondering, why do people prefer cave bred eggs instead of bred and lineage ones? Are they worth more?

2 hours ago, Fiery_Rawrz said:

I was wondering, why do people prefer cave bred eggs instead of bred and lineage ones? Are they worth more?

In general cave breds are always worth more when trading, a lot of people like to build pretty lineages and you need cave breds to start a fresh lineage. Some people are also very selective in what types of lineages they like, and it may be easier to make the lineage themselves. Some people don't care for the look of 'messy' lineages, lineages with no pattern, etc... Cave breds are basically a blank slate so they are often preferred. 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

In general cave breds are always worth more when trading, a lot of people like to build pretty lineages and you need cave breds to start a fresh lineage. Some people are also very selective in what types of lineages they like, and it may be easier to make the lineage themselves. Some people don't care for the look of 'messy' lineages, lineages with no pattern, etc... Cave breds are basically a blank slate so they are often preferred. 

You've proven from some of the gorgeous messy babies I've seen you link to that messy can be stunning sometimes! I found a 15th gen super messy inbred black hatchie in the AP, and I just had to keep him. That dragon's ancestors must have came from a ton of different people! Messies that long also take dedication! I mean, raising and breeding messy inbreds? Most people don't do that. I find it quite impressive, even though pretty checkers are my favorite types of lineage. I just obtained a super messy Gaia Xeno in a trade for a 2G Silver (hey, I wanted it, so why not?) and he's really cool. 13th gen and probably has at least 10 types of dragon in his lineage. And he's only inbred by ONE dragon. This little guy is an interesting specimen. Still dunno if I should freeze him or continue to increase his lineage. https://dragcave.net/lineage/7Tfe3

Speaking of 2G Silvers...what is the common value of a 2G PB Silver? It's really weird lately, and I'm curious as to what's right. I'm happy trading a non-PB 2G Silver for whatever, but I've gotten things like Cheeses, Papers, and CB Xenos from a PB Silver. And sometimes the PB silver will be up for days without even a messy offer. Is it just the timing and wants of certain people or is there a general value on these things? I usually always say "any offer, Black Teas/Monarchs loved".

Does the worth of 2nd-gen Prizekins vary greatly depending on rarity of the breed? I know Prizekins in general are often wanted, but if it's a super-common breed (or a rather new release that's still plenty common...) does that make it worth less? 

14 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Does the worth of 2nd-gen Prizekins vary greatly depending on rarity of the breed? I know Prizekins in general are often wanted, but if it's a super-common breed (or a rather new release that's still plenty common...) does that make it worth less? 

I think it depends on the wants of the person who wants the prizekin. I was able to get a CB Silver out of a Gaia Xeno tinselkin (gold tinsel mother), but I couldn't even get a CB Nebula from a SECOND Gaia xeno tinselkin (same mother). And yet someone traded me a Cheese, chicken, and random common (I think it was a river dragon) for a Turpentine from same tinsel mom. You'd think Gaias would be way more valuable than Turps, but...someone was willing to trade for it, so apparently it depends on how much you want it. Even worse, I've literally abandoned a few 2G Zyumorph tinselkin because I couldn't even get a COMMON from the egg. It's so weird.

Hey! I'm wondering about the value of 2G Gold Dragons.

More specifically, I need a 2G Male Gold x Female Canopy egg for my rainbow lineage, and I'm not sure what I need to offer for someone to breed one.

I know common mates make things harder but should I compensate for that in my offered trade value?

1 hour ago, I Want Cheese Dragon said:

Hey! I'm wondering about the value of 2G Gold Dragons.

More specifically, I need a 2G Male Gold x Female Canopy egg for my rainbow lineage, and I'm not sure what I need to offer for someone to breed one.

I know common mates make things harder but should I compensate for that in my offered trade value?

You need the Gold, not the Canopy, right? In that case, it depends. Sometimes you'll have to "pay" out the nose with commons or some rares like unbreedables, other times someone will just breed you one to help out. 

I have 2 CB male Golds I could try with a Canopy each breeding. I never really bother trying to get a specific egg out of them since they aren't reliable so I wouldn't mind just breeding them for free. I have 3 female Golds if you needed one from a female. XD

7 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

You need the Gold, not the Canopy, right? In that case, it depends. Sometimes you'll have to "pay" out the nose with commons or some rares like unbreedables, other times someone will just breed you one to help out. 

I have 2 CB male Golds I could try with a Canopy each breeding. I never really bother trying to get a specific egg out of them since they aren't reliable so I wouldn't mind just breeding them for free. I have 3 female Golds if you needed one from a female. XD

Yeah I guess the challenge is that even if someone does want to breed it, it's so unreliable that it might take years before it happens.

It would be great if you could try to breed one for me! Although they are hard to come by.

I did recently catch an extra Dino so maybe I'll see if anyone's up for that

Thanks for the advice!

Hi folks,

I could use your advice on if you think what I am asking for on this trade is too much or about right? Should I tweak it any? 

I have a Cheese egg, Chicken egg, Purple Dino hatchie and a CB Sky Silk hatchie (I added him because I had room for four things).

I am hoping maybe I could get a 2G Gold Shimmer? Or am I not offering enough? 

I also hoped for my first Neglected, but I don't know what people are asking for those. 

I also mentioned in the trade I would look at 2-3G Stairstep Prizes (Shimmers or TInsels), CB Aeons, 2G purebred Thuweds ... offers ...

Am I asking for too much or does it depend on whether people care about unbreedables? 

I have found trades can be highly selective; one person will love something and someone else won't want that same thing. All the same, I could use some advice!

Thank you. :)

@missy_ I would say it's not ridiculous to ask for a 2G prize, but you're unlikely to get any takers. (Not impossible! I just got a 2g for two unbreedables and two alts, so... there might be someone). Offering alternate possible suggestions is good. Sounds fine to me honestly.

Chances of getting an ND are pretty much nil though, those you can't really 'trade up' for, unfortunately. You could ask but I wouldn't expect much.

Thanks, @Kaini for your advice!  I may rethink the trade. Or maybe do some more hunting ... 

I recently won a CB Silver Shimmer and wondered about setting a hatchling IOU. How many CB common/uncommon hatchlings could one reasonably request in exchange for a 2nd gen?

Edited by Aie

What is a reasonable price to ask for a 2nd gen Gold from well named Black x Gold parents?

1. Is 4 common to uncommon mates for my 3+ gen checkers reasonable, overpriced, or underpriced?

2. What about more rare mates for my 3+ gen checkers (like silver or gold)?

3. What gen of stairstep prize or checker SA descendant would it be worth?