Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Are CB Spessartines about in line with CB Coppers in terms of rarity?

I think even rarer. To be honest, I've only seen spessartines and almandines at the time of the release and never again, as for coppers... much more often. smile.gif

To be fair, I think it only says "Multiple offers of White Hatchlings" on Saynna's post and whoever was the most desperate of the egg just randomly threw in an unbeatable number to secure the trade.

I mean, I know it only because I do it. xd.png

Still though. 60. Man. xd.png That's gonna take months.

I just say "Look in signature" under wants and leave it at that since I'm not too sure if we could just ask for 60 in a Wants post since that would be clear it'd have to be an IOU. If I ask for 21 I'll put 21 in the wants and have gotten away with that (since I guess it's a very very low possibility? xd.png ) I don't like having a big wants list (past 5) and if I do it's usually stuff that are very similiar like 2g metals and I often give the message: The first to offer gets auto, just want a quick trade, will be checking often, etc

The most I got in a week from a single person was 24. 60 you can do reasonably in 4 months, which would be approximately 4 a week. Just stop breeding and hunt for an hour or so and spotting four for a CB Common won't be too hard currently (this'll most likely change in the future we get breeds every month! xd.png) Or just do 10 a month. If you think that's stressing try putting yourself in my shoes! xd.png Surprise almost grown hatchlings with over 300+ (I think at one point I even had it at 500+). My profile has some of my white IOUs, but it's way outdated :s I have to skip regular releases just to keep up most of the time like I am now... lol

@ADP: Agree with Pandalf/Fox on the point that coppers aren't on equal rarity and are more common. I've seen more Green Coppers than the Spess'. Almandines are certainly rarer than Spess.

I just say "Look in signature" under wants and leave it at that since I'm not too sure if we could just ask for 60 in a Wants post since that would be clear it'd have to be an IOU.

Not that clear; I've had countless people PM me about my black x ribbon dancer trades whenever I've asked for more than two, pointing out that they can only give it to me as an IOU. No, really? I had no idea. xd.png (That's true even if I've mentioned in my trade post that they can be related and I expect them to be. Which, given the breeding cooldown... *huge shrug*) xd.png

Probably safe for that amount of hatchlings, though. smile.gif People could get their friends to help them, so it's not necessarily IOU-ish, but I agree that the assumption ought to be for an IOU.

I just say "Look in signature" under wants and leave it at that since I'm not too sure if we could just ask for 60 in a Wants post since that would be clear it'd have to be an IOU. If I ask for 21 I'll put 21 in the wants and have gotten away with that (since I guess it's a very very low possibility? xd.png ) I don't like having a big wants list (past 5) and if I do it's usually stuff that are very similiar like 2g metals and I often give the message: The first to offer gets auto, just want a quick trade, will be checking often, etc

The most I got in a week from a single person was 24. 60 you can do reasonably in 4 months, which would be approximately 4 a week. Just stop breeding and hunt for an hour or so and spotting four for a CB Common won't be too hard currently (this'll most likely change in the future we get breeds every month! xd.png) Or just do 10 a month. If you think that's stressing try putting yourself in my shoes! xd.png Surprise almost grown hatchlings with over 300+ (I think at one point I even had it at 500+). My profile has some of my white IOUs, but it's way outdated :s I have to skip regular releases just to keep up most of the time like I am now... lol

I don't remember the exact number, but I've accepted IOUs of 30+ Neotropicals for my 3G Holly before. Personally I love fufilling big IOUs, it's just kinda fun to me for some reason tongue.gif Hence my title message!

And anyway with the AP how it is now it's possible to hatch at least 21 eggs in one day.

Haha me too.

When I found that the particular egg I'm hoarding is getting REALLY uncommon and I don't have all day to hunt, massive IOUs become an actual stress-reliever. And if I'm not super active enough to keep my scroll filled, I do random IOUs to make it look busy LOL.

Also@ The_Flash~

I think someone reported getting a 3g for 3 New Release hatchies. Considering the high demand on this sparkly wyrms, I think it's gonna take a longer while (than gemshards, at least) to stabilize a specific trade value for these beauties. If I had to guess though, it's gonna be 7 or less.

Let's be honest, without the flood now it's gonna be tough just accumulating those seven, and someone who desperately wants new release (especially someone who missed) might actually be tempted to give them at a low price. smile.gif

Yeah, that was me. biggrin.gif

I traded 3 new release hatchies for a 3G Bronze Tinsel x White. xd.png

How much are 4G Prizes worth? (in terms of rares, and hatchlings)

hmmmm

well i wouldn't give up a Cb copper for it because 5th gens are almost useless in temrs of breeding but to a collector they might have some value maybe bred metal?

idk this is just what I have seen so far

really the only people i REALLY see get anything out of a trade are people who can make 2nd gens

They can still get you a CB Copper smile.gif

I'd say a 4th gen prize is worth a little less than a cb copper, rather a cb trio. A cb brown copper if you're lucky.

@Snowythoshi: Copper rarity depends a lot on the color, with green >> red > brown. I've traded 2nd gen alts (vines and undines mostly, but blacks should be worth about the same) for brown coppers and the occasional red one. 2nd gen metals can also be swapped for red or brown coppers. Green ones are worth more, but still less than a cb silver. I traded a 3rd gen prize away for a cb green copper twice, and I thought it was an ok trade (might have gotten more out of it, but I usually prefer quick trades) - at least for older / common / unpopular (holiday) lines.

How many CB xenowyrms would one 2g Silver Tinsel from a spessartine from this past raffle be worth?

Edited by Shapa

How many CB xenowyrms would one 2g Silver Tinsel from a spessartine from this past raffle be worth?

Quite a few. At least 12-16, many more if you're willing to accept an IOU. Spessartine is a very difficult (and imo aesthetically pleasing with Silver Tinsel) pairing, on top of the higher value of 2015 lines. But do understand if someone offers you 30+ as an IOU, they may be unable to deliver if Xenowyrms do turn out to be rare (which is always a possibility).

EDIT: @Iside: That was a 2013 Gold Shimmer, and a significantly easier pairing. And it traded within about five minutes, iirc.

Edited by The_Bucket

I saw someone asking for 2x each kind of cb xenowyrms for a 2nd gen prize, but can't remember which color of prize it was.

Thank you for your answers The_Bucker and Iside. 2x of every type is pretty much my end goal too, I'll go try my luck in trades then smile.gif

How much can I get for a caveborn seasonal egg? Would it be worth one unbreedable? smile.gif

How much can I get for a caveborn seasonal egg? Would it be worth one unbreedable? smile.gif

Usually yes. Someone told me in this thread they regularly trade chicken and cb seasonals 1:1, and at the beginning of the season they even tend to be worth a bit more. Might take some patience at the moment though, since everyone's obsessed with xenowyrms right now xd.png

Hopefully the fact that it was caught on the 4th of July helps out a bit more. tongue.gif Thanks for answering. wub.gif

I have a Gold Tinsel of Dorkface lineage up and I'm looking for 1-3 CB Xenowyrms (from specific biomes) is this a good trade or should I just request a 1:1 trade instead?

I have a Gold Tinsel of Dorkface lineage up and I'm looking for 1-3 CB Xenowyrms (from specific biomes) is this a good trade or should I just request a 1:1 trade instead?

Depending on what generation it is, how messy it is, etc, you might have a hard time even finding 1:1. Xenowyrms are pretty high-value right now.

If it's the one on your scroll, I'm sorry, but you'll probably not get more than a blocker hatchie for it. People prefer short, clean lineages when they trade for prizes, and stairstep lineages are the most popular ones. Spirals and even-gens are worth a bit less than stairsteps, and lineages without a pattern are worth almost nothing. Generally, any prize above 4th gen isn't good trade fodder.

Also, a general thing: Some people tend to breed huge lineages, mixing prizes, spriter's alts, dorkfaces and thuweds. While such lineages are definitely interesting and will be appreciated a lot when gifted, people can't do anything with them except looking at them, so they're not willing to pay high prizes for it. Interesting and valueable are very different things in this case.

When I gift white eggs from this lineage, they usually quickly find a new home. But even for the tinsel siblings I don't ask more than a common hatchie, or they'll sit on my scroll forever.

What do you think is the most a person would offer for three second-generation purebred xenowyrm eggs? Are they in high enough demand that metals could be traded?

What do you think is the most a person would offer for three second-generation purebred xenowyrm eggs? Are they in high enough demand that metals could be traded?

Metals? Possibly bred ones. To get a CB one, you'd need at least 4 CB Xenowyrm hatchlings, probably quite a few more (in the range of eight). I'd say that whatever a person would offer for three 2G Xenowyrms purely depends on the person. Some, like me, would only place any value whatsoever on them if they liked the lineage. Others might trade a few random CB hatchlings, or something like a bred metal.

It depends on the generation and lineage of the metal.

A cb one, most certainly not since xenowyrms are really nice and desiderable but breed pretty well and almost everyone is able to breed 2nd gen of them.

Personally I'd trade a 2nd gen metal from holiday or any higher gen metal for them if I had one on hand however.

Edited by Iside