Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I have a CB Silver. What are CB Xenowyrms worth? I missed the release, and can't seem to find them in the cave. (Are they supposed to be common?)

They show up. Rarely, and get snatched up like CB Golds, but they do. And... they're rare ATM, but birdz said they weren't intended to be, so once the intitial rush ends, common, or uncommon. (due to user demand)

Am I more/less likely to catch CB Xenowyrms in one biome or another? Are they a bit more common in some biomes?

I'm seeing xenos pretty much in all the biomes, but only fast enough to grab them from the less crowded ones, and that's only like once a day.

So how many CB Xenos is resonable for a CB Silver?

Can I get a 2nd gen prize for a CB silver, do you think? Or would I need to add in stuff?

Pretty sure you'd have to add for a 2g prize.

If it were me I'd just ask for best offer of CB xenos and see what happnes. If you don't think it's enough you can always keep the silver. I'd keep in mind that birdz said the xenos were not rares.

Is a cheese a reasonable trade for a blue dino?

Yes, they're both unbreedables smile.gif

That's what I thought but wanted to make sure as I see more cheeses then Dino's xd.png

Am I more/less likely to catch CB Xenowyrms in one biome or another? Are they a bit more common in some biomes?

Birdz said they're all equally common. The only ones I haven't seen yet are Jungle and Forest, because I don't wait in those biomes. I caught more in the Desert than anywhere else (and one from the Alpine) so maybe when those biomes are less crowded you can try your luck there?

Other people seem to have more luck in the Volcano region, and some people say they haven't seen any in the Coast (I've seen at least ten personally, I just was not fast enough to grab!). Please keep in mind that you will not see any Xenos if you refresh a few seconds too late, because that's how fast they're taken. They are appearing, though I obviously give numbers as to how frequently.

For those asking about trading rares away for Xenowyrms:

I know it's alarming that some people are offering low-gen prizes and golds and some are not getting Xeno offers, but there's a lot of types for this new release and most people are still hoarding for scroll goals -- and some of them to trade, because of the people offering rare things for Xenowyrms. The sprites are gorgeous, breeders now know that there's a random component to purebreeding so they may need many pairs, some people need to replace grown Xenos that've refused their mates already, and tons of people who weren't on for the release are trying to catch their own. If you just look at how many people are in each biome at any given time, you can see that it'd be hard to grab anything that popular in time. I'm sure it'll pass, and Xenos will at the very least be uncommon. If you're going to be upset about having made that trade, don't do it, or ask for more.

Are CB Almandines on a level with CB Golds now? I see them in the trade threads less often than CB Silvers, it feels like

Are CB Almandines on a level with CB Golds now? I see them in the trade threads less often than CB Silvers, it feels like

I feel on a rarity level they have been there for a long time. However, many people would be reluctant to give more than a CB Silver for them because they're not a metal, and they're not supposed to be rare, so their rarity could drop abruptly at any time.

EDIT: I also feel that a lot of top catchers already have their fill of CB Golds/Silvers, but don't have nearly enough Almandines for their goals or whatever, so they are not as likely to trade them away. Personally, I spend approximately equal times in all biomes, and I have seen dozens of metals (seen, not caught). However, I have never seen an Almandine. It's almost as if they're extinct.

Edited by The_Bucket

I definitely see Pyro (Volcano) Xenos drop a lot more commonly than any others, with coast and jungle a close second and third.

Can I get 2 Chronos Xenos for 1 CB Red Copper? Does that sound reasonable?

In theory it sounds reasonable, but in practice it's highly unlikely due to the demand for Xenos. I am trying to swap a Xeno for one of a different biome, and I've been offered three different (Red) Coppers for it. 1:1.

It is perfectly reasonable. However, with the current high demand for xenowyrms, you may have to wait some time before you get an offer.

Chipping in to say that I've seen people trading 1:1 too, and I did trade of one my later-caught Mageias for a Red Copper.

As others have said, unlikely. sad.gif I've traded two red Coppers for Xenos, but only 1:1 and only after the Coppers had hatched and gendered. I also have a blue Copper UFT for Xenos and that's had not a single nibble as of yet. But now it's hatched and gendered, I might see an offer on it.

Conversely, what are Xenos trading for when not offered for swaps? The market seems to be all over the place right now...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Conversely, what are Xenos trading for when not offered for swaps? The market seems to be all over the place right now...

By being patient and waiting 1-2 days, I've been able to consistently get three CB Xenos (not always hatchlings) for 3G prizes. Admittedly these are gold and silver 2014 and 2015 lines, so that probably helps. As I said earlier, I've been offered coppers 1:1 several times when trying to swap a Xeno. I also saw someone trade a CB Silver for two Xenos, and they had to wait about two hours before it traded.

Almost everyone who is offering Xenos in any quantity above 1 has 2G prizes/spriter's alts as their only want, or occasionally CB golds or NDs. I have seen many (6+) people trade 2G prizes for between 8 and 12 Xenos, although most of those were closer to the flood when people still had huge stocks.

Considering that Xenos are starting to successfully breed metals and avatars, I think that they are not going to be commons - possibly Copper level. When hunting though, I still see several every hour, so I don't think they are going to disappear.

By being patient and waiting 1-2 days, I've been able to consistently get three CB Xenos (not always hatchlings) for 3G prizes. Admittedly these are gold and silver 2014 and 2015 lines, so that probably helps. As I said earlier, I've been offered coppers 1:1 several times when trying to swap a Xeno. I also saw someone trade a CB Silver for two Xenos, and they had to wait about two hours before it traded.

Almost everyone who is offering Xenos in any quantity above 1 has 2G prizes/spriter's alts as their only want, or occasionally CB golds or NDs. I have seen many (6+) people trade 2G prizes for between 8 and 12 Xenos, although most of those were closer to the flood when people still had huge stocks.

Considering that Xenos are starting to successfully breed metals and avatars, I think that they are not going to be commons - possibly Copper level. When hunting though, I still see several every hour, so I don't think they are going to disappear.

Thanks, you've pretty much confirmed what I suspected.

Agree on the breeding - I saw someone post a Silver bred from a Xeno mere days after the release. o_0;

Are bred almandine's worth anything or is it only CB's that are wanted?

They breed so readily that I don't think they're worth all that much unless they have an unusual parentage. sad.gif

Question for everyone (I'd prefer "average users" to answer this as well as the dedicated traders): What would you trade for a 2G prize? I know prizes vary in value, so let's say a 2014 silver line from a relatively easy-breeding pairing that you like. Pretty middle-of-the-spectrum value. (edit: pretend the owner has no specific "wants").

Note to mods: I'm not trying to trade with anyone here. I just want a more individual opinion rather than "I've seen people trade 4+ CB golds for 2G prizes, so they're worth that much".

Edited by The_Bucket

Question for everyone (I'd prefer "average users" to answer this as well as the dedicated traders): What would you trade for a 2G prize? I know prizes vary in value, so let's say a 2014 silver line from a relatively easy-breeding pairing that you like. Pretty middle-of-the-spectrum value. (edit: pretend the owner has no specific "wants").

Note to mods: I'm not trying to trade with anyone here. I just want a more individual opinion rather than "I've seen people trade 4+ CB golds for 2G prizes, so they're worth that much".

I'm not very experienced with prize trades, but I would trade something unique.. something you don't see often. Like an alt black, holiday lineages, 2nd gen Thuweds... (hah, I'm kidding myself, I don't have any of these) or 2nd gens from spriter alts?

Some combination of that. More experienced traders may disagree with me though.

I agree with above. I would trade the same, if I had any.

Also, how much are neglected worth? Could you get one or two CB golds for them?

I own 19 2g Prizes and I've never traded anything much more than a single CB Silver for them. 2g Prizes CAN sell for a ton (I've been retrading a few recently and have got 4 NDs twice and 6 CB Golds once--partial IOUs but all from very old, highly active and respected players), but myself I've usually traded a few CB Coppers (quite often for this one), few CB Trios, few Cheeses / Papers, masses of common hatchies (which I usually get by arranging other trades for), several 3G-4Gs from spriter's alts... All of which are fairly easy to get once you already have a few low gen Prizes or CB Golds under your belt. The initial leap can be hard but after that it's easy!

So I would advise people look around for cheap trades instead of thinking the only way to get them is to sell your soul. Ask many and ask early, and always be polite, and you should succeed soon enough with a trade that makes both of you happy. In the cases where people have lists, I'd also suggest keeping an eye on when their prizes breed so you might have a chance to catch an opening, although I've not had much luck this way yet. And even if it's a prize line you don't personally care for, if it's cheap try for it--you can almost always retrade for another prize you prefer more (I've done at least five such swaps myself) or at least for lots of nice things you can use for the same.

Anddd that's my 200 cents! xd.png

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy