Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Guys, I need your help. What do I need to offer to get CB alpine/coast Pyralspite? I've tried with CB red copper, it didn't work, and I really hope to get one for my Secret Santa giftee. Do I really need to offer a CB silver for a chance of getting Almandine or Spessartine? It seems a bit... radical for me. Any advice?

I actually traded a Spessartine for my Secret Santa for a CB Tan Ridgewing. Go figure. blink.gif

Though I suppose that's either because the other person really really wanted that Tan or, more likely, because I had stated in the trading post what I needed it for. Or it was someone who just really didn't know how much they're worth. I didn't stop to ask questions xd.png

Edited by Rubin

I actually traded a Spessartine for my Secret Santa for a CB Tan Ridgewing. Go figure. blink.gif

wow, congratulations! Now to hope I could find an offer like that smile.gif Thanks for your input, looks like I shoud go and catch one on my own tongue.gif ahh, easier said than done. Good to know I am not alone with my search cool.gif

I realy need CB male blusang. I have CB Cheese and CB Nebula egg + some CB Red hatchlings, I can also breed 2G avatars (I have 2 GONs), 2G pyralspite (any of 3) and some others - I don't have luck with catching CB rares. How much should I offer for one CB Blusang egg or male hatchling? Do I have a chance to get it for cheese + nebula + 2G avatar/some other breeded egg?

Alright, so the new raffle is drawn. I bet next years 2G Hollies will have a horrifying price...

I have this, 2014 line, gold shimmer, pairing wirh daydream. Any thoughts on what I can get from its offspring? I've bred it three times so far with one shimmer produced (and somehow no fails), so I guess it's not producing very well.

I think 2 CB metals easily.

I havent seen the CB Prize in lines a lot at all.

Does anyone know what CB nebulas go for?

And lineaged undines. I missed the release and still need to get some.

I think 2 CB metals easily.

I havent seen the CB Prize in lines a lot at all.

How about something other than metals? And yes, I think the lowest gen of this CB available in the market are 4Gs of the pink line.

Does anyone know what CB nebulas go for?

And lineaged undines. I missed the release and still need to get some.

Lineaged 2g yellow or lineaged 2g green? If you want green they are pretty much giveaways, depending on mate of course. Yellow is a lot harder to get and from what I've seen they are a little unpredictable in the trade threads right now. I've seen people ask for cb metals, low gen prizes, almandines, spessartines and cb blue coppers and spriter alt lines.

Edited by Tawanda001

Lineaged 2g yellow or lineaged 2g green? If you want green they are pretty much giveaways, depending on mate of course. Yellow is a lot harder to get and from what I've seen they are a little unpredictable in the trade threads right now. I've seen people ask for cb metals, low gen prizes, almandines, spessartines and cb blue coppers and spriter alt lines.

Thanks for the info! I got gifted green one by a very nice person.

I'll just have to go for a higher gen yellow undine because I never much cared about lineage and that's steep for a second gen. Thanks! Now I have some idea.

... Been looking around for nebula trades and haven't seen any. Guess I'll just have to catch my own there xd.png

... Been looking around for nebula trades and haven't seen any. Guess I'll just have to catch my own there xd.png

Watch the hatchie trade thread, people get wrong colored nebs and want color swaps are sometimes willing to trade for other things. If you want another undine you can pm me to choose a mate, my scroll is unlocked for a change. xd.png

Edited by Tawanda001

It sounds like the odds of trading my CB brown copper for a CB green copper aren't great.

It really depends on whether the right person has the right egg at the time. After all, you can't breed CBs. wink.giftongue.gif

Random curiosity with the raffle coming up and whatnot, but would there really be any value difference between a prize that's from a straight stair and a prize stair with the first generation genders flipped? (Basically, like this, since I'm bad at explaining.)

Though I suppose that's either because the other person really really wanted that Tan or, more likely, because I had stated in the trading post what I needed it for. Or it was someone who just really didn't know how much they're worth. I didn't stop to ask questions xd.png

I would bet that was because of the Secret Santa part. People favor "good causes" :-)

I would bet that was because of the Secret Santa part. People favor "good causes" :-)

Well it sure got my giftee to do backflips with joy so I'd say the "good cause" was definitely achieved. :-)

Edited by Rubin

I'm seeing CB Winters (as in the current seasonals) up in trades with 'Want's way up the range of rarity that even I and my speedy internet don't bother actively hunting for in the caves.

Are they really worth that much? Like, my perception of CB rare thing rarity is something like:

Gold > Silver > Spessartine/Almandine > green/red Copper > Blusang > brown Copper/Trio > paper/cheese/dino/chicken > red dorsal/tan ridgewing > GW

And I'd been thinking they were maybe a little above or below GWs - very much worth getting as a gift but not something I'd trade a Copper for.

Have I got my thoughts on them all wrong or are people just getting a bit excited about their sort of limited edition-ness?

Would you (any you) roughly agree with my mental rareness scale and where would you put Winters on it?

Hmm, no... I've seen nothing special about the behaviour of winters in the cave. I wouldn't worry about what people are asking and just pay attention to trades that were actually completed. I think your assessment of winter seasonals is totally correct.

Back when I was active with the RTC, gold wyverns were sort of the cut off point for rarity that we used. Anything less rare did not go on the rare list; anything more rare did, approximately speaking. Seasonals aren't listed in the RTC for pretty much this reason (or at least that was the reason for delisting them - and I've not really seen the situation change in that regard, so I feel it still holds).

OK, good to know I'm not just losing the plot smile.gif Thanks.

Edit: O_o avoiding a double post - are two Red Dorsals guaranteed to always produce Red Dorsal offspring or are 2G PB Red Dorsals like this worth something? I totally expected them to produce a Purple Dorsal...

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

Nope, not guaranteed, so yeah kinda special when it happens. However trying to find someone actively looking for one might be a little tricky. Might be one of those 'I'll accept the best offer' kind of things and then list some stuff you'd be willing to accept.

Awesome, and the first time I ever bred any Dorsal with anything too :3 Thanks for the info and suggestion, I'll do just that.

So last christmas (2013) I traded a Holly I had obtained for a 3rd gen shimmer from Prowl/tsunami pairing IOU, which at the time was my first lowest gen shimmer. Got the lovely egg in April. It's never ever bred a shimmer egg. I noticed that the owner of the cb shimmer has now killed off the tsunami mate. Does this mean the eggs in trade are now basically worthless because it's a dead line?

What could I obtain with a full set (Ice, Magma and Thunder) of Trios? I was going to offer them on a trade but, after seeing someone asking for a CB Gold for a similar set, I thought that maybe I was underestimating the value of mine.

So last christmas (2013) I traded a Holly I had obtained for a 3rd gen shimmer from Prowl/tsunami pairing IOU, which at the time was my first lowest gen shimmer. Got the lovely egg in April. It's never ever bred a shimmer egg. I noticed that the owner of the cb shimmer has now killed off the tsunami mate. Does this mean the eggs in trade are now basically worthless because it's a dead line?

Unfortunately yes, it probably is worth less (but not entirely worthless) assuming it was a stairstep. The pattern and full lineage are still visible, but there is now a grave stone. It will damage the value somewhat, but probably still has some value as the low gen connection to prowl is still visible.

And _Sin_ I would say CB Gold is too much - just because some one asks for such doesn't mean they get it. As too what you could get I'm a little more hazy on as I've never really tried trading trios sorry

Wow, that sounds really high for an alt that doesn't seem that rare. Think the potential traders are overvaluing the alt undines?

Edited by infiniteviking

And _Sin_ I would say CB Gold is too much - just because some one asks for such doesn't mean they get it. As too what you could get I'm a little more hazy on as I've never really tried trading trios sorry

Thank you. No problem. I was offering them to get a Spessartine that I needed for another trade. Will do now :-)