Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

About how much is a Lumina x Turpentine spiral like this worth?

I don't think they have any actual value, but I just want to be a bit more sure.

If I got it to higher gen, would it be worth more, or less? I'm assuming less, because, y'know, the low-gen craze...

Actually "low-gen = valueable" is mostly true for prize lineages and metal lineages. For commons it's the other way around, because for them the time and dedication that has gone into the lineage is what makes a lineage valuable. That's also why most people prefer even-gens and checkers, they are valued higher because it takes longer to make them smile.gif

However, if it's not a very special lineage (Thuwed, Dorkface), I think it won't go for more than a swap for another nicely-lineaged egg.

Would this lineage be worth more or less than if I just did a regular stairstep with her (shimmer)?

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=PY2fv]http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=PY2fv

How about compared to a perfect shimmer x tsunami checker?

Mostly less because people can't easily continue it, but it depends on the person. If it was a perfect checker, it would be worth more to some people and less to others. A lot of people prefer lines they can continue.

I've been playing and lurking for a while but just joined to ask something in this topic. How many red hatchies could I ask for if offering a CB Green Copper? What about a CB Almandine? Or a CB Silver?

I've been playing and lurking for a while but just joined to ask something in this topic. How many red hatchies could I ask for if offering a CB Green Copper? What about a CB Almandine? Or a CB Silver?

I would think somewhere in the vicinity of a dozen? -oh and I rate those rares as all being roughly worth the same, others may have slighty different values.

Maybe word it as looking for best offer of red hatchies, put something about taking IOU in your signature if you are comfortable with IOU trades, and maybe mention that you want a minimum of X number of hatchies (whatever the smallest amount is that you will accept).

Then sit back and wait for offers to come in your PM box

Edited by Tawanda001

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=QWSBJ

Woops, I meant that instead xd.png Okay, I'll just ask what people prefer happy.gif

trade with me! but not this one. I might need to send you an offer for another EG I want smile.gif

@pewter: if it is just any red hatchies, I personally would ask for 20 for a cb green copper, 25 for a silver, and probably 15 for Almandine at their current rarity.

If it's CB, about 5 less, but I might make people haggle for that.

Edited by whitebaron

Would this lineage be worth more or less than if I just did a regular stairstep with her (shimmer)?

http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=PY2fv]http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=4&mate=PY2fv

How about compared to a perfect shimmer x tsunami checker?

It is probably true that more people want a stair with prize lines.

BUUUUUUT! There are those of us out there who really love EG prizes! Please please will you also make an EG line? Cherries and cookies and all that?

It is probably true that more people want a stair with prize lines.

BUUUUUUT! There are those of us out there who really love EG prizes! Please please will you also make an EG line? Cherries and cookies and all that?

I'll definitely make an evengen if anyone's interested, but I haven't gotten any real requests so far xd.png On the other hand, they just produced their second stairstep shiny! <3 So excited. https://dragcave.net/lineage/iQ0LB Tsunamis breed so badly with prizes I didn't think this would happen in a million years!

However, I forgot to check that I was hatchling-locked and I accidentally abandoned an egg I've been trying to breed for months into the AP :/ https://dragcave.net/lineage/8XQYO 2G gold from bright pink. I renamed the parents in the hopes that whoever gets it will PM me! What do you think it would take to trade for another one, or a silver from the lineage? sad.gif

I own Sansa. She's a Bronze Shimmer and has just given me her first Shimmerkin, a Sunrise/Sunset egg.

How much is it reasonable to ask for? Is it more valuable because it is the firstborn?

I own Sansa. She's a Bronze Shimmer and has just given me her first Shimmerkin, a Sunrise/Sunset egg.

How much is it reasonable to ask for? Is it more valuable because it is the firstborn?

well, reasonable. it's nothing you can get on good supply, so some people even pay cb metals for kin.

many owners give them away for free, so don't think you can get a metal _that_ easily, though.

basically: anything 2g from shimmers will give you a lot of trade fodder.

@Copper and Reds

Wow. o.o

i just can't...

.___.

idk. just.

I know silvers and coppers are rare, but 20 reds for a copper/silver? I've given only 2-3 red hatchies per copper over the last week. >.> No offense but who in the right mind would give 2-digit eggs for a non-2g/gold?

I'm not an expert on trades and such but more than 10 reds on a copper is just over the top. It hasn't even been THAT rare after christmas >.>

...just saying. "Best offer of reds" might be your best bet here.

Edited by Pandalf

No offense but who in the right mind would give 2-digit eggs for a non-2g/gold?

I would, in a heartbeat. It's easy to raise commons... and if everyone else thinks it's overpaying, it's a way to be sure you get the trade. biggrin.gif Which in turn is why people who have the CB eggs can request that amount.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I'd have to trade to get a CB Winter this late in the season? The only pair I've managed to obtain so far refused >:(

Winters aren't as rare as some traders'll have you believe, and there should be almost two months of Winters left I think. They're not as hard to get as GWs at least, and those are the least rare of the rares,

Winters aren't as rare as some traders'll have you believe, and there should be almost two months of Winters left I think. They're not as hard to get as GWs at least, and those are the least rare of the rares,

I think you meant almost two weeks. And aside from CB Ices for some reason, Seasonals are about the rarest thing I can catch... dry.gif

I think you meant almost two weeks. And aside from CB Ices for some reason, Seasonals are about the rarest thing I can catch... dry.gif

According to the wiki they should switch on the Equinox, 20th March, which is consistent with the Autumns having stopped on December 21st.

I'll see if I can catch you one - if you already have one by then I'll find a use for it smile.gif

Eclipse is right. But you're right too.

They're not that rare, mostly because even if the Alpine biome is full almost all the time, people is there hunting for Ices or Almandines, so a Winter is not the first click they go to.

I think they're at the same level as Golden Wyverns of rarity. And I've honestly seen and caught more GW than I'd wanted (I don't like them that much, tbh). Winters are prettier and I've seen a GW stay there for more than five minutes without anyone catching it (to the point it goes away with the 5 min drop and not because someone actully takes it), but Winters tend to go away in about a minute, like if the catchers couldn't find anything more interesting in the other biomes, similar to what happens to Nebulas. They never disappear with the 5 min drop, but can stay there for a while until someone says "what the hell" and takes it. Off course, you see more Nebs than GW, but people take a Neb easier than a GW, even if the last one is rarer, because Nebs are used in lots of lineages and look amazing, tbh.

So... In conclusion... Winters appears at same rate as GW (probably more, but since they only appear in Alpine biome, you won't have as many opportunities to catch them as GWs in biomes with less people hunting) but people like them a little bit more than GW, so you have a chance to trade for nice things. off course, don't expect a CB metal, Blusang, Trio, Almandine or Spessartine in exchange for one of those.

Edited by Ylvanne

GWs are Alpine only too smile.gif I'd say as far as what I've seen's concerned the Winters disappear faster but show up more often, like you say.

Can anyone give confirmation one side or the other on how much longer Winters will be around?

According to the wiki they should switch on the Equinox, 20th March, which is consistent with the Autumns having stopped on December 21st.

I'll see if I can catch you one - if you already have one by then I'll find a use for it smile.gif

Ooh, I see my mistake. I got the month wrong. xd.png

I did manage to catch a Winter and a CB Ice today, and am planning to trade the Ice for another Winter.

Edit: Make that two CB Ices. I don't know why, but they really seem to like me. huh.gif

Edited by EclipseDraculine

If they're only Alpine too, I've seen way to much more GW thank Winters xd.png

Off course, I think I'm starting to count since Autumns were still out, so I guess that's it. More WInters but go away faster.

Wiki says:

A: The seasonal dragon eggs always switch on the solstices and equinoxes of a given season. Since this varies from year to year, it is recommended that you look up a calendar such as this one to figure out when a specific season begins in the northern hemisphere.

Calendar is here. Calendar says:

March  20 2015 22:45 GMT

So you have until March 20 to catch Winters. So about a month and a half smile.gif

Edit: OMG! I remember when I was a Forum newbie about two months ago and had no idea what the hell you were talking about!!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Ylvanne

Ooh, I see my mistake. I got the month wrong. xd.png

I did manage to catch a Winter and a CB Ice today, and am planning to trade the Ice for another Winter.

Edit: Make that two CB Ices. I don't know why, but they really seem to like me. huh.gif

Blusangs like me like that smile.gif I just reflex-caught one :/ And then wandered over to the coast and saw another.

On topic: how many Blusangs equates roughly to a 4G prize? Would they have to be hatchies?

Blusangs like me like that smile.gif I just reflex-caught one :/ And then wandered over to the coast and saw another.

On topic: how many Blusangs equates roughly to a 4G prize? Would they have to be hatchies?

I honestly don't know for sure... But I traded 2 CB Magma eggs for 1 3G Bronze Shimmer-Scale... So about Blusangs, I think that would be 2 or 3 eggs for a 3G and probably 1 or 2 eggs for a 4G Prize, I don't think they'll need to be hatchies... But who knows. It always depends on the person you're trading with!

Edited by Ylvanne

Hmm, that's less than I expected.

Maybe I just keep stalking the prize trading thread :3 My problem is perhaps more that I'm looking for something quite specific than that what I have isn't enough?

Hmm, that's less than I expected.

Maybe I just keep stalking the prize trading thread :3 My problem is perhaps more that I'm looking for something quite specific than that what I have isn't enough?

My experience while looking for a specific lineage : find someone who can breed it and directly ask them if they would be interested in trading with you. It is much easier than post an offer and hope someone able to to breed what you are looking for sees it smile.gif

For a prize you can look for some longer lineage of what you are looking for, then see who owns the 3rd gens and PM one or two of them.