Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What can I get for a CB Thunder and a chicken? Could I combine these and get an Alt? What about these seperately?

ETA: And are these two approximately the same value?

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku

What do you think is a CB winter worth? I find them really hard to catch, so I offered a CB Golden Wyvern as a trade which eventually worked.

Never mind, I read the above posts. I think that I'll just wait until the demand is lower, then catch a few; I only need them for a holiday lineage, after all. But still, did I pay too much in the trade I mentioned above?

I usually trade in CB coppers and rarer, so my experience may be a bit outdated/lacking, but CB GW for a CB winter seems fine to me.

What can I get for a CB Thunder and a chicken? Could I combine these and get an Alt? What about these seperately?

Don't know much about alts either, sorry ^^; But if you don't care about the lineage you should be able to get an Alt for one. And yes, they are approximately the same in value, or the chicken worth slightly more.

I'd say the chicken is slightly rarer, but some people will be more interested in the thunder since they can actually breed it.

@ Ha-Ki:

Thank you for the suggestion, I really appreciate the input. If still seeking the 2Gs I will do that, would make it easier on the people wanting to trade with me to have a somewhat more specific idea on what I want and what I'll accept. Something like that was suggested, the linking to a list alongside stating that I wanted most pairings. Looks like I'll be working on that list soon.

@ whitebaron:

Thank you for providing another viewpoint on trading methods! This is how I've played for a long time, hasn't always gotten me what I wanted (having zero patience and accepting the first thing remotely looking like my "want" list doesn't help). However, it's also ensured that I don't have to organise anything further with the trade. I get what I want (or settle for), the offering party gets what they want and everyone is happy.

On the values of some trades:

My 3G prizes came from trades where I lucked out and had exactly what the trader wanted. If I needed to pay anywhere near what most 3Gs went for, I wouldn't have them. With that in mind, I do understand that trading is not always going to net me something of increased value to what I was trading with. But I do want to thank you for providing insight into the other side of trading (quick trade vs slow trade).

It's great that there isn't one any way to trade, and perhaps in time I'll understand it.

@ Amazon_warrior:

That is a valid point and I thank you for your input! I usually seek quick trades as I would prefer to keep trading fodder on my scroll for as short time as possible. However, that's not going to work out for me in the long run if I am trading higher value items for eggs I can find in the AP if I look for a little while. Hmm, nonetheless, it's something to take on board when trading and also to think about when looking for faster trades!

@ Saynna

You've got me there. With the 2Gs, I do want them all to be unrelated. Harebrained idea was to eventually breed them to form a lineage like this. Obviously of a greater magnitude and with far more breeds, but I'm still thinking of how to go about it (maybe rainbow instead of aphabetical). 2Gs were my aim first, that way if I decide against it I still have a hoard of Bleeding Moons. However I might end up going for CBs instead... after writing a trade post asking for influenced hatchlings, I think I'll get more bites with CBs as I don't mind if they end up being male or female, whereas the 2Gs I do. Plus, they're easy enough for people to catch and don't require people to have dragons they might not particularly like. I get my hoard of Bleeding Moons either way, just means the lineage starts at CB instead of 2G.

I think I have seen her posting around with a lot of Bleeding Moons in her signature. I just might PM her after Valentine's is over in case she's busy planning for it, if I am still thinking of getting 2Gs. I wouldn't ask anyone to hatch for me if I'm requesting the breeding, I've got plenty of Pinks and Reds to cut the time down for myself. Trades are bit different as they get something for their time as well. Thank you for the tip!

Are Blusangs currently worth anything? Just caught one by accident.

What I actually need is an Almandine or Spessartine, what should I expect to pay in case I can't catch one?

I actually think a CB Almandine or Spessartine could be paid with a CB Blusang, these days. There might be some leeway in one direction or another, as always, depending on the person looking at your trade.

Well, that would be perfect, thank you, I'll at least try it. smile.gif

What about CB Seasonals? Caught one of those by accident as well xd.png Could I get a Pyralspite for one?

Grabbed a CB Vine in the cave.

1. What kind of CB could I get for it? (need seasonal, nebula, stripe, trio, and blusang)

2. Could I get a mate for one of my 3rd/4th gen holidays?

3. Would raising it to hatchy help me get the CB or 3rd/4th gen holiday mates I need?

Edited by JBluewind

Would also like to know about the value of CB seasonals, because I accidentally caught one and locked my scroll... again xd.png

@Ayelldee -as a4g fail, not worth much, even 3g won't go for much, 2g is the only really sought after with value. You might get something for it from someone looking for a trio for summoning though

@JBluewind -cb vine are relatively easy to get, you might get a neb or maaaaybe a stripe for it, doubtful as far as the rest.

There are a couple of people who offer nice eggs for random hatchies, so you might keep an eye open for those posts, but I don't think they offer on other peoples posts.

So my secret Santa has requested a few things I don't typically try to get:

Cb red dorsal, a specific shimmer line, and an alt black. Any suggestions on what I could offer for these things? I'll try breeding my blacks of course, but who knows how successful I'll be. Would maybe offering two other prizes for the one in question work?

Thanks!

Cb red dorsal, a specific shimmer line, and an alt black. Any suggestions on what I could offer for these things? I'll try breeding my blacks of course, but who knows how successful I'll be. Would maybe offering two other prizes for the one in question work?

Thanks!

I think the red Dorsal would be reasonably straightforward to trade for (or even catch, if you do the sneaky peek thing). What Shimmer line was it? Perhaps I can help....

It's probably the spriter's alt line; I just checked the wishlists. I cannot help with that; my only line is too long.

Alt black might be rather difficult these days, they are currently the rarest of alts.

I myself will need, other than the ubiquitous CB metal, a CB trio and a CB GW (okay, that last one should be easy - or so I thought until I checked the trade threads and couldn't find any!)

Any idea what I can possibly breed for trading for these? I've been haunting the biomes for 3 hours straight and didn't even SEE one!

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Thanks!

If the shimmer is from Jewel, just let me know and I can see if mines would pop out a shimmer for you.

mystyic

It's probably the spriter's alt line; I just checked the wishlists. I cannot help with that; my only line is too long.

Alt black might be rather difficult these days, they are currently the rarest of alts.

I myself will need, other than the ubiquitous CB metal, a CB trio and a CB GW (okay, that last one should be easy - or so I thought until I checked the trade threads and couldn't find any!)

Any idea what I can possibly breed for trading for these? I've been haunting the biomes for 3 hours straight and didn't even SEE one!

I can help catching trio and goldwyvern when i unlock smile.gif

Thanks guys!

I can keep my eyes open for trios and GWs, Ruby. Though, my cave-catching is not the greatest. My list is actually pretty good for me considering what I said I can do... I hope I can fulfill everything except the CB gold, I don't think I can do that! The others I have hopes for, though!

Maybe I'll get lucky and breed my own alt black. So I'll probably have a bunch of normal 2g pb blacks soon-- if anyone needs them let me know!!

Read your post and the first thing I saw in the alpine was a GW - sending it your way when it's off cooldown, Ruby Eyes!

ETA: Since we're slightly off-topic and it seems to be unanswered yet: cb seasonals can be traded 1:1 for unbreedables at the beginning of the season when the demand is high, and they drop to 2:1 for unbreedables later. I guess a cb seasonal is also good trade fodder to get a GW or red dorsal, if you guys catch seasonals easier.

Edited by Ha-Ki

What do you think a 4th even gen pb silver is Worth?

I thought I was asking for something reasonable (2nd gen gold/cb spessertine or almandine / cb blusang or paper plus something else), given how hard is to get an egg from two silvers, but probably I badly overstimated it since I didn't have a single bite in two days unsure.gif

What do you think a 4th even gen pb silver is Worth?

I thought I was asking for something reasonable (2nd gen gold/cb spessertine or almandine / cb blusang or paper plus something else), given how hard is to get an egg from two silvers, but probably I badly overstimated it since I didn't have a single bite in two days unsure.gif

I think you kinda answered your own question. They are hard to breed, so most players are going to be intimidated by the thought of trying to get a mate for it.

I'd keep it up and maybe open to all reasonable offers and see what kind of nibbles you get, though I think cb spessartine and almandine might be out of reach, they seem to be close to the worth of cb metal still.

What is the worth of an "ordinary" 2G Thuwed, that is one not descended from an alt/hybrid?

What is the worth of an "ordinary" 2G Thuwed, that is one not descended from an alt/hybrid?

Pretty much the same as one that IS descended from an alt/hybrid, and it varies a lot person-to-person, since Thuweds are entirely user defined in value. Only 2G Holiday Thuweds are actually worth any more than others. Prime exceptions would be in Common x Rare pairings (notably the Gold x Bright Pink pairing) where a Gold egg is considerably rarer and more desirable than a Pink egg.