Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

The one I was offered was actually quite pretty... except that it was also VERY inbred.

From what I was told MOST Pinoy offspring are quite messy and inbred so... the one I was offered was actually one of the nicer ones.

Personally I don't mind inbreeding if it's done nicely. It will affect value if you are wanting the line to use as trade fodder, but the fact that it's pretty might offset that some.

Seems to me that most of the people looking for pinoy descendants are 'completionist' anyway, so probably not going to be too bothered by the inbreeding.

And it depends on what you are trading. Worth a CB gold? Probably not, but trios or prizeswaps, probably, but again it depends on lineage and YOUR reasons for wanting the pinoy.

Personally I don't mind inbreeding if it's done nicely. It will affect value if you are wanting the line to use as trade fodder, but the fact that it's pretty might offset that some.

Seems to me that most of the people looking for pinoy descendants are 'completionist' anyway, so probably not going to be too bothered by the inbreeding.

And it depends on what you are trading. Worth a CB gold? Probably not, but trios or prizeswaps, probably, but again it depends on lineage and YOUR reasons for wanting the pinoy.

Part of me would like to have it because it is sort of unusual, honestly ( THOUGH IF I got a mate for it and was able to breed eggs from it, that wouldn't hurt my feelings any either)... I don't see too many shimmers from Pinoy being offered for trades OR on people's scrolls.

Edited by Silverswift

Any ideas on what this is worth? I count only 19 other 4Gs from that CB (one of which isn't a tinsel), but I think most people don't go for valentine's/prize lines?

If I wanted to trade for a Neglected, how many 3g Prizes should I offer?

It seems very few people experiment these days. So the question is rather, can you find any trade at all? A 2g prize might not even draw out offers....

--

4g prize: cb,red or brown copper value. With holidays? Maybe less. Depends on people, but definitely less people collect holiday lines.

--

Tan vs purple, red vs purple: most of the time, they are swapped 2:1, but that's only if the one who got the tan was collecting purples for a purpose. Its far easier to trade of the rarer alts for something more interesting and get the purple ones later - after all, they are not hard to catch.

Edited by whitebaron

unhiding or posting a screenshot would be my first advice. smile.gif

I saw it before it was hidden; a perfect 3G gold stair from a cavern lurk CB alt, if I'm not mistaken.

I saw it before it was hidden; a perfect 3G gold stair from a cavern lurk CB alt, if I'm not mistaken.

I have traded offspring from this one before, I just can't remember exactly what I got in exchange xd.png

I just remember that it surprised me because I got more than I expected.

My guess would be that the 3rd gen is worth a 2nd gen gold or silver or a cb copper.

I have traded offspring from this one before, I just can't remember exactly what I got in exchange xd.png

I just remember that it surprised me because I got more than I expected.

My guess would be that the 3rd gen is worth a 2nd gen gold or silver or a cb copper.

unless the copper is green, i agree. smile.gif

I took a break from DC for a couple of months and CB Nebulas seem to be much rarer then when I left. I need one more red CB Nebula (assuming no refusals) but I'm not sure what I should trade for one

I took a break from DC for a couple of months and CB Nebulas seem to be much rarer then when I left. I need one more red CB Nebula (assuming no refusals) but I'm not sure what I should trade for one

Try hunting the desert for an egg. I find them often there around the 5 minute switch. You may get lucky and be able to swap the egg for the color you need or you can swap the hatchie once it genders. CB nebula color/gender swaps are pretty common.

EDIT: Otherwise you can probably swap for another CB hatchie or two. They're more uncommon than rare. If you can't find one by the end of the week, PM me and I'll catch one for you.

Edited by Ponie

unhiding or posting a screenshot would be my first advice. smile.gif

had to hide as got sick sad.gif but yes 3rd gen gold x cavern lurker Alt stair

Would an egg from this pair be worth much in a trade? Or will it likely just sit there with no offers like my other trades usually do?

Edited by MessengerDragon

Would an egg from this pair be worth much in a trade? Or will it likely just sit there with no offers like my other trades usually do?

I'd offer for it, if you asked for things I could breed or catch. smile.gif

Do you think a CB brown copper for it is a realistic request?

A couple of posts above yours we discussed a 3rd gen gold stair from alt cavern lurker and agreed that it'd be worth a cb brown or red copper. Yours is 4th gen and a very common breed, so I'd say it's worth much less sad.gif

A couple of BSA hatchies, or a bred metal maybe?

I'd state something like "cb brown copper = auto" and add a couple of lower wants as well. Maybe some falconiform lover with a spare copper sees it?

Edited by Ha-Ki

Would people actually trade trio eggs for other trios? xd.png

I've been cavehunting in the desert and i've got thunders.

Kinda want magmas because I've too many ices and thunders, but I don't know if they're considered "rarer" than ices and thunders. So on a more direct point, is a thunder worth trading for a magma?

Would people actually trade trio eggs for other trios? xd.png

I've been cavehunting in the desert and i've got thunders.

Kinda want magmas because I've too many ices and thunders, but I don't know if they're considered "rarer" than ices and thunders. So on a more direct point, is a thunder worth trading for a magma?

I swapped an ice for a magma, but not sure if thunders are different. Seems I've seen a lot of ices recently.

I would also offer a trade for that alt line, but not a cb metal. 2nd gen, sure.

I have a request I'm not sure anyone will fill, but I'm going to ask anyway: those of you with second gen prizes- what did You trade for them? What could I offer in trade for an even gen offspring that is 3rd gen? I've sent a couple of PM's with no response- they were pretty nice non- demanding ones, so I'm not sure?

Eta: the request is for info, not the actual eggs! Just realized maybe that was not clear.

Edited by jumpsnake

I have a request I'm not sure anyone will fill, but I'm going to ask anyway: those of you with second gen prizes- what did You trade for them? What could I offer in trade for an even gen offspring that is 3rd gen? I've sent a couple of PM's with no response- they were pretty nice non- demanding ones, so I'm not sure?

Eta: the request is for info, not the actual eggs! Just realized maybe that was not clear.

I have two 3rd gen prizes(they are evengen), and I got one by trading a 4th gen stairtep Shimmer, and the other for a 2nd gen gold. As for lower gens, I have no idea, but hope this helps smile.gif

Not answered. Also found a 2GPB red striped from whites is that worth anything?

Striped eggs are only worth something to people who require exactly that color from exactly those parents for a lineage project. Or maybe people would trade for one if they still need a frozen hatchie of that color. Don't expect too much for it, though.

@3rd gen shimmer: I see them traded for cb metals regularly, and I believe I also see 4th gens traded for cb trios. But I'm not really into prize trading, so I can't tell you anything about the popularity or rarity of the line. Generally the newer, the more valuable. The mate is not a holiday, not a rare and not an ultra-common, so nothing that would reduce value.