Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Silly question because I should remember this by now, but how do 2nd Gen Silvers (In this case, Spring (M) x Silver (F).) compare to CB Coppers? I also have a CB Blusang and Paper to add if it's not enough for one, but I just want to check first.

Ha-Ki and Valeth, thank you, that's actually helped tremendously!

Ok. What can I offer to trade in order to get a CB gold? I'll probably never catch one. I don't own a 2g prize, and probably never will. I own 2 cb silvers- but the odds of having 2 2nd gens to trade at one time are pretty slim- and many people are hesitant to take iou's for metals- which I understand.

Is it possible to trade for a cb gold without a low gen prize or other cb rares? I usually don't have a fast enough connection to catch things in the cave- the ones I do have are from vacation at my parents house or some such- I hardly ever even see rares in the cave.

Thanks in advance!

Edit- fixed a phrase because it sounded too whiny- not my intent!

Edited by jumpsnake

Ok. What can I offer to trade in order to get a CB gold? I'll probably never catch one. I don't own a 2g prize, and probably never will. I own 2 cb silvers- but the odds of having 2 2nd gens to trade at one time are pretty slim- and many people are hesitant to take iou's for metals- which I understand.

Is it possible to trade for a cb gold without a low gen prize or other cb rares? I usually don't have a fast enough connection to catch things in the cave- the ones I do have are from vacation at my parents house or some such- I hardly ever even see rares in the cave.

Thanks in advance!

Edit- fixed a phrase because it sounded too whiny- not my intent!

Get about 20 BSA hatchlings prepared, probably someone will be willing to trade a CB Gold for them.

Silly question because I should remember this by now, but how do 2nd Gen Silvers (In this case, Spring (M) x Silver (F).) compare to CB Coppers? I also have a CB Blusang and Paper to add if it's not enough for one, but I just want to check first.

It depends on the colour of your copper. Generally a copper is enough for a 2nd gen Silver, but I find that the rarer colours (red/green) will attract offers more quickly than a brown copper. Also I haven't bred much with Seasonals, but if it's a pairing that produces silvers rarely, you may need at least a green copper to tempt someone to try, I've once had a CB green copper up for trade for a 2nd gen silver x speckle-throat for days without any offers...

Would a CB Spessartine be enough for a CB Gold?

I doubt it, unless the person in question is in desperate need of a CB Spessartine, but as has been mentioned in this thread before the value of CB Almandines/Spessartines is up in the air right now so you may want to just go ahead and try your luck c:

Get about 20 BSA hatchlings prepared, probably someone will be willing to trade a CB Gold for them.

Would one be better than another? Like all reds/ pinks? Would these need to be CB or just anything?

Would one be better than another? Like all reds/ pinks? Would these need to be CB or just anything?

Definitely stick to reds/pinks, and snce most people are after the BSA, any lineage should be fine though some people also collect purples as well smile.gif Good luck in your hunt!

Edited by Valeth

@Jumpsnake

I realize it's a method that has a lot to do with luck, but if you manage to get on the Thuwed list, you can trade that 2nd gen for multiple CB metals.

Thanks Valeth and blah! I stalk the thuwed page but have yet to see it open. Maybe one day I will though! smile.gif

Thanks Valeth and blah! I stalk the thuwed page but have yet to see it open. Maybe one day I will though! smile.gif

Try and stalk the Congrats Thread, as people tend to post there when they get their egg. That's usually a safe indicator for when the list is open (and also how I got onto it)

Or you could make the page your default bookmark for DC

It depends on the colour of your copper. Generally a copper is enough for a 2nd gen Silver, but I find that the rarer colours (red/green) will attract offers more quickly than a brown copper. Also I haven't bred much with Seasonals, but if it's a pairing that produces silvers rarely, you may need at least a green copper to tempt someone to try, I've once had a CB green copper up for trade for a 2nd gen silver x speckle-throat for days without any offers...

I have the Silver, not the Copper. If I had a Copper I'd have already thrown it at my SS giftee, heheh.

So I assume that it should be a relatively easy trade for a Red or Green, despite the Seasonal being out of season?

Try and stalk the Congrats Thread, as people tend to post there when they get their egg. That's usually a safe indicator for when the list is open (and also how I got onto it)

Or you could make the page your default bookmark for DC

I managed to get on the list for the first time last week because of the "Do *You* have a Thuwed? V2" thread, so there's another option for a thread to follow.

Edited by 11th

What can I get for a cb blusang? Are they still considered rare?

I'm interested mostly in cb (un)common hatchies like undines, nebulas, waters, magis or 2nd gen metallics or holiday offspring. Worth a shot?

I was wondering, in terms of lineage value, would a stairstep Shimmer-scale would be more valuable than a Evengen one?

I've been noticing several evegen Shimmers, but then I wonder that it must be much harder to find a mate for Shimmer evengens than stairsteps.

I was wondering, in terms of lineage value, would a stairstep Shimmer-scale would be more valuable than a Evengen one?

I've been noticing several evegen Shimmers, but then I wonder that it must be much harder to find a mate for Shimmer evengens than stairsteps.

Personally, I consider a stairstep to be more valuable. Of course, people can disagree with me.

The way I see it, its hard to continue a lineage if its evengen so I avoid those because it can be a lot of work. I go after stairsteps because they are easy to continue.

But thats just me smile.gif

There was a recent discussion about that which can probably answer your question. (Depending on your thread paging settings, you may just need to scroll up to the top of the page.) Hope that helps!

There was a recent discussion about that which can probably answer your question. (Depending on your thread paging settings, you may just need to scroll up to the top of the page.) Hope that helps!

Yes, it helped a lot smile.gif Thank you!

I may be dreaming a little too big here, but what is the likelihood that I'd be able to get an ND (of any lineage, I really don't care) for a CB Green Copper?

I may be dreaming a little too big here, but what is the likelihood that I'd be able to get an ND (of any lineage, I really don't care) for a CB Green Copper?

Not very likely, but I think that's still possible. Two green coppers would probably be closer to the mark though.

However, I have no actual experience with NDs, so maybe you should see someone else's point of view as well.

I recently had a lineaged ND up for trade and was frustrated I didn't get offers at all for 24h. I simply froze it after that because I needed a frozen s1 anyway. I still wouldn't have given it away for just a cb green copper, but if someone had offered me a cb green copper and a handful of BSA hatchies, I'd probably have traded it.

Just my opinion though, apart from that one failed trade attempt I have practically no experience with trading ND's. But it seems only cb ND's are worth a cb gold.

I know this has probably been asked but don't have the patience to scroll through all those pages to find it.

Are dead-ends of Prize dragons worth anything at all?

What can I get for a cb blusang? Are they still considered rare?

I'm interested mostly in cb (un)common hatchies like undines, nebulas, waters, magis or 2nd gen metallics or holiday offspring. Worth a shot?

Ideas? Or is it just a very stupid question? wink.gif

Ideas? Or is it just a very stupid question? wink.gif

Blusangs are still rares when CB. I traded one for a 2G common from holiday - no other offers but it was a 'does anyone need this?' as opposed to a 'I want to get rid of this'.

Edit: stray words *shoos spare words away*

Edited by ObsessedWithCats