Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I think the problem here is that... well, that's a common line. And it's 2013. And the fact that most people don't bother breeding tinsels/shimmers below 4th gen...

You'd probably get an offer if you ask for things like a couple of (may or may-not be BSA) hatchlings, or something like that. :X

Common line? really? xd.png

God, I rarely get eggs from this shimmer. And I rarely saw this line up for trade.

Can I trade 3 CB purple ridgewings for a tan one of any lineage?

Edited by AwesoMan30000

What can I get for a 2nd gen PB Vine alt? I bred a bunch for a lineage and one of them turned ohmy.gif

Can I get anything from my scroll goals list(s)? A 2nd gen Silver perhaps? How many CB Nhio hatchlings could I reasonably ask for (also needed for a lineage)?

Common line? really?  xd.png

God, I rarely get eggs from this shimmer. And I rarely saw this line up for trade.

I would agree it is a common line given how well the ancestors bred:

http://dragcave.net/progeny/ugnTB

http://dragcave.net/progeny/EXwNM

Offspring from this one has 42 shimmer babies alone: http://dragcave.net/progeny/ugnTB and that's just viewing all the babies from the silver shimmers only without any further speculating.

http://dragcave.net/progeny/nxmMM

http://dragcave.net/progeny/fCsU7

http://dragcave.net/progeny/99sDO

http://dragcave.net/progeny/vmqSI

^And those aren't included in those, but have their own branch of silver shimmer offspring from the 3 above. In all I'd say it's safe to say there's past 100 babies. Rare 1-20, Uncommon 21-50, Common 50+ At least in my opinion, but I rather just eyeball and look at progeny lists rather than counting since it takes a lot less time xP

I do not think your problem is rarity, but more with generation. At 5g that's when a good bunch are just gifted. You're much better off asking people via PM when you see a 5g that catches your eye and seeing what they'd want. I also suggest when swapping make sure you don't have a baby related to that generation you're offering up, that way if you don't find any offers then it doesn't hurt you since it'll be the first adult of that generation on your scroll opposed to the 2-5 that's just overkill. ^^;

I do not think your problem is rarity, but more with generation. At 5g that's when a good bunch are just gifted. You're much better off asking people via PM when you see a 5g that catches your eye and seeing what they'd want. I also suggest when swapping make sure you don't have a baby related to that generation you're offering up, that way if you don't find any offers then it doesn't hurt you since it'll be the first adult of that generation on your scroll opposed to the 2-5 that's just overkill. ^^;

I see. So basically it is useless to breed shimmers to get a 5th gen(unless the line is extremely rare). But then I am those players who rarely get something like a 2nd or 3rd gen. Oh well, trading is ruined to me rolleyes.gif

I see. So basically it is useless to breed shimmers to get a 5th gen(unless the line is extremely rare). But then I am those players who rarely get something like a 2nd or 3rd gen. Oh well, trading is ruined to me rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't say useless. xd.png I mean it's not as bad as trying to swap a CB Common for another CB Common (that would be fair, but it just doesn't happen and if it does it happens very very rarely) even though that's considered fair. I usually get my 5g's through PMing/gifts, mostly PMing from there and I wouldn't give up trading just because it's metal/prize dominated. smile.gif

@Alexiel Dragoness

If you are looking for a prize swap for your shimmer I'd suggest to have a look at the new Prize centrale trading thread, find who is trading a 5th gen prize you like and PM them asking if they would like to swap with you. It is possible that people with a 5th gen prize for trade simply didn't saw your offer.

Sooooooooo... I have absolutely no idea what is valuable anymore? Like, umm... I played around 2008, 2009, and back then (from what I remember) mostly it was about no inbreeding, low gens, and cave borns. But this is crazy with all the different lineages people get I mean... WOW. So I was just wondering like... I have very few rare dragons without messy lineages (unfortunately) but I do have a few:

Valentine 2009

Valentine 2009

CB Silver <3

Would their eggs be worth anything? Mostly I'm curious...

Edited by Yerica

I have a paper and said I'd accept IOUs for red/pink hatchlings, people PM'd me and asked me how many I want, how many should I ask for?

P.S: Once, a person traded 6 pinks and 6 reds for my chicken. I know it's an exception but I don't really know the general number of hatchlings i should ask for.

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku

Sooooooooo... I have absolutely no idea what is valuable anymore? Like, umm...  I played around 2008, 2009, and back then (from what I remember) mostly it was about no inbreeding, low gens, and cave borns. But this is crazy with all the different lineages people get I mean... WOW. So I was just wondering like... I have very few rare dragons without messy lineages (unfortunately) but I do have a few:

Valentine 2009

Valentine 2009

CB Silver <3

Would their eggs be worth anything? Mostly I'm curious...

Yes, you can make some nice trades with those. The other day I'm pretty sure I saw someone offering a cb red copper for an IOU of a holiday egg from a Val 09.I think someone else had a good offer looking for a 2g silver from an arsani, maybe. Just kind of watch the trade threads to see what people are looking for and if it's something you can breed.

Your frills and discontinued pinks might be useful too, probably not super valuable, but there are a fair number of collectors willing to trade decently for offspring from those breeds

Edited by Tawanda001

@OtomeKristinOtaku

In one of my last trades I paid 11 cb hatchlings (7 pinks and 4 more common) for a 3rd gen prize, and I found it a fair trade.

For a paper, I'd say 3-4 red/pink hatchlings if you don't mind the lineage, 2-3 if you want them as CBs

@Yerica

I think your cb 2009 valentines can be worth quite a lot, since people are still looking for the last valentine mates they need and it's not that easy to find someone with a cb 09 val to breed 2nd gen.

I have also seen someone offering a cb metal for a 2nd gen 09 valentine from a specific lineage bred during the Holiday week.

Answering those two before they get buried:

Can I trade 3 CB purple ridgewings for a tan one of any lineage?

If you hatch them, yes.

What can I get for a 2nd gen PB Vine alt? I bred a bunch for a lineage and one of them turned ohmy.gif

Can I get anything from my scroll goals list(s)? A 2nd gen Silver perhaps? How many CB Nhio hatchlings could I reasonably ask for (also needed for a lineage)?

A 2nd gen silver for your alt vine should be easy smile.gif I have traded 2nd gen alt vines (not even necessarily pb) 1:1 for brown/red coppers twice. No idea about the Nhio hatchies, maybe 5? Just guessing though.

Do color swaps for Dinos not happen anymore…? I saw a fair amount of those several months ago, but now I'm trying to swap my Blue for a Purple/Yellow and I've gotten no bites in two days. o-o

Do color swaps for Dinos not happen anymore…? I saw a fair amount of those several months ago, but now I'm trying to swap my Blue for a Purple/Yellow and I've gotten no bites in two days. o-o

I've seen them happen! I feel like most people don't really like dinos so much though, so people might not have them on hand?

Also, is it reasonable to ask for 1 CB or 2G metalfail hatchling for 3G perfect stair silvers with common mates? xd.png

What should I expect to give for a 3rd gen Silver from a Sweetling x Silver checker? What would be unreasonable?

I have a 3rd gen Silver x Sweetling checker egg that I'm also trying to trade for bloodswap only. If I fail at finding somebody who can swap, what could I expect to get for it at hatchy stage? Here's the lineage. As you can see, all parents are named and the egg has a code that reads "I'd owe you too". It's been a while since I traded one, so I'm not sure what would be good to look for.

What should I expect to give for a 3rd gen Silver from a Sweetling x Silver checker? What would be unreasonable?

I have a 3rd gen Silver x Sweetling checker egg that I'm also trying to trade for bloodswap only. If I fail at finding somebody who can swap, what could I expect to get for it at hatchy stage? Here's the lineage. As you can see, all parents are named and the egg has a code that reads "I'd owe you too". It's been a while since I traded one, so I'm not sure what would be good to look for.

I think a different 3G metal checker could trade for one if someone happens to have one (or a bloodswap, which you have). It really depends on what people happen to have at a given time. If I'm asking for a specific lineage I always try to offer something above its value so people have incentive to actually trade me because otherwise I don't think people are willing to breed tongue.gif I'd maybe offer a CB copper for that?

@ synditrix: You have the 3rd gen silver stair and are looking for either a cb (random?) hatchie or a 2nd gen metalfail hatchie? I think that's even a bit unfair for your side, 2-3 random cb hatchies should be possible as well. The metalfail hatchie is probably harder to come by, not because it's more valuable than a cb hatchie, but because people don't have them at hand all the time.

@ JBluewind: If you don't get a bloodswap, try trading for 2nd gens instead to reach more possible traders out there.

How many, if any, CB pygmy hatchlings (any kind of pygmy, so essentially multiply commonness by 6) would be reasonable to ask for a CB Paper, CB Blusang and/or a CB GW?

@ synditrix: You have the 3rd gen silver stair and are looking for either a cb (random?) hatchie or a 2nd gen metalfail hatchie? I think that's even a bit unfair for your side, 2-3 random cb hatchies should be possible as well. The metalfail hatchie is probably harder to come by, not because it's more valuable than a cb hatchie, but because people don't have them at hand all the time.

Wow thanks, I managed to get 2 for both which was surprising! I thought stairstep metals had greatly depreciated in value.

I have a CB gold right now and am looking for a CB ND. How likely is it that I will get this trade?

How many, if any, CB pygmy hatchlings (any kind of pygmy, so essentially multiply commonness by 6) would be reasonable to ask for a CB Paper, CB Blusang and/or a CB GW?

Pygmies are really common in the cave but not common on trade threads so I would certainly take an IOU for them.

CB paper, 2-3, CB blusang 3-4, CB GW 1-2. Sorry for the ranges but I think it really depends!

Pygmies are really common in the cave but not common on trade threads so I would certainly take an IOU for them.

CB paper, 2-3, CB blusang 3-4, CB GW 1-2. Sorry for the ranges but I think it really depends!

Thanks smile.gif Yeah, I don't expect even regular hatchies except Reds without an IOU. Ranges are good, exact values just set you up for disappointment tongue.gif

I've seen them happen! I feel like most people don't really like dinos so much though, so people might not have them on hand?

Thanks! I figure I'll try again with the hatchling and see if that works.

What can I get for two Chicken eggs? One of the rare (CB) Pyralspites, maybe?

Edited by DarkDagger

Thanks! That's good to know. I might end up just taking an IOU for it as I've only found one person who can breed an unrelated pair. I wish I could find someone who could breed a 3rd gen with all pre biome grandparents to match mine (I've always found that my matching biome rares breed better), but beggars can't be choosers .

The trading for 2nd gens would be a good idea if I had cb sweetlings to breed during the holidays, but I only have 2nd gen. If I ever got another 2nd gen Sweetling from Silver, I'll DEFINITELY try that while mate hunting.

Thanks! I figure I'll try again with the hatchling and see if that works.

What can I get for two Chicken eggs? One of the rare (CB) Pyralspites, maybe?

I'm just gonna say people would like to have an Almandine/Spessartine at hand than a chicken, considering how rare they are tongue.gif But that's a matter of personal opinion.

Maybe other unbreedables, rares (blusangs/coppers/trios), or several hatchies? :3

About how much is a Lumina x Turpentine spiral like this worth?

I don't think they have any actual value, but I just want to be a bit more sure.

If I got it to higher gen, would it be worth more, or less? I'm assuming less, because, y'know, the low-gen craze...