Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

just to say whatd I'd like to see is some way to incourage not being jelouse of DC and whinny about how other people have more rares than you. "an alcholic is someone who drinks more than you" ~dont remeber I believe that statement is true. And "no matter how fast your driving on the highwaqy someone will always be driving faster than you" ~my dad. Just my input on things. Im sick of people complaining about how others are hoarding more golds than them. Just give it up!

That is really a shame  sleep.gif

Creators should have some protection as the spriters.

Really? There is no such thing as copywriting/"protecting" an *idea*. Ideas are just ideas, they aren't solid tangible things you can put a protection on.

And there is no way to be certain that the thread you are talking about intentionally copied from you, unless the OP actually says so. "dark pink" is *not* a unique idea. That's like saying that no one should request a "water" dragon because it would be copying the existing "water dragon". That's just not logical.

It is definitely completely possible for multiple people to think "hmm, this could be nicknamed 'dark pink'" about their concepts, even when the concepts are completely different. Which they are.

From Wikipedia:

Plagiarism is defined in dictionaries as the "wrongful appropriation," "close imitation," or "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work

Plagarism would be if someone made a sprite that looked exactly like yours, or had a detailed description of a dragon that was exactly like the description in your thread. Plagarism is *not* using the same two vague words to describe a dragon.

Edited by Marie19R

That is really a shame sleep.gif

Creators should have some protection as the spriters.

it was intentional for sure olympe,even a friend of mine commented on that topic and the topic starter changed the title some minutes after.

And I doubt that "dark pink" was a color intention on that thread,Since I guess the snapdragons are not pink I believe.

I'm just pointing that because I see this happen a LOT on dragon requests,and I think it should not be allowed.Plagiarism is an ugly crime and only shows that people who commit it don't have any creativity of their own.

And I'm not saying to forbid colors or other aspects,I'm just saying that should be forbidden create dragon requests that are CLEARLY a copy of your own.

I've seen for example a dragon request that is a fusion of two dragon requests.

The point is not using your own creativity and make something good on your own for the cave?

this is just my opinion.

Just tossing this out there, the snapdragon concept is far older than your concept was. It was originally submitted a year or so ago and was removed due to inactivity if I recall correctly. It was just remade. Trust me, they aren't copying you at all.

Just tossing this out there, the snapdragon concept is far older than your concept was. It was originally submitted a year or so ago and was removed due to inactivity if I recall correctly. It was just remade. Trust me, they aren't copying you at all.

I think there was a snapdragon as part of the "flower dragons" thread, but I didn't think the two concepts were related o.0 You may be right, though.

They're unrelated - I didn't even recall that there was a snapdragon concepts in the old flower dragons thread (I only remembered the dandelion ones really).

They're unrelated - I didn't even recall that there was a snapdragon concepts in the old flower dragons thread (I only remembered the dandelion ones really).

Ok,but then why you joked with my dragon? dry.gif

Your earlier title was " snapdragon aka dark pinks aka spartans".A member of this forum told me you like to joke and you don't do it with bad intentions,but have you already thought that you could hurt someone's feelings?

No one knows what is behind the idea of my dragon,and the cause of so much drama in the thread,I will reveal it when the correct time comes.

I thought there should be more protection for creators in this forum,just that.

Ok,but then why you joked with my dragon?  dry.gif

Your earlier title was " snapdragon aka dark pinks aka spartans".A member of this forum told me you like to joke and you don't do it with bad intentions,but have you already thought that you could hurt someone's feelings?

No one knows what is behind the idea of my dragon,and the cause of so much drama in the thread,I will reveal it when the correct time comes.

Im sorry but I was there then the dragon was "tought"

and we were mentioning how little PINK dragons there is

and that THERE SHOULD BE MORE.

We decided (a group of people) That it was the best to pick a strong pink. And so Dark pink was chosen.

If YOU felt like it was directed to you then suit yourself.

Some of us at the dragon community try to strive for the best and sometimes great ideas pop out. As said before If everybody chose 1 color and that was it, the cave would have few ideas and this place would be dark and gloomy but creativity is what gets its going.

Edited by Siryuki

Ok,but then why you joked with my dragon? dry.gif

Fluffy pink wyvern /=/ Snapdragon flower based full dragon which also happens to be pink.

For srs. Get over yourself.

Honestly, I realize I may be making a duplicate every time I go to make a dragon request, in fact I count on it infringing on someone else's idea in some way, shape, or form (colour, pose, behavior, looks, etc) However I do not let this bother me, I simply strive to my fullest to make MINE the very best, cutest, neatest li'l dragon/wyvern/drake evar, and hope that by doing so, my concept will be chosen over those which it does and will in the future overlap with to some degree. I do not care if tomorrow someone posted a sheepy dragon similar to my fluffbutt concept, in fact I would welcome such a thing in the spirit of competition. How will I ever get better if I have no competition? How will the cave get the coolest, best sprites if there is no competition for being chosen?

Honestly, if you cannot take competition and criticism in stride, dragon requests is not the place for you, because you are going to get both in large amounts. (notice, please I'm not telling you to "get you, you have no place here" I am merely saying that this is the situation in this part of the forums, lots of members, lots of concepts, lots of competition, and if you cannot handle being a part of this race, it may be more stress and nuisance than it's worth to bother with, for you. Individual people are different in how they handle crit and competition, but it sounds greatly like you're not handling this so well, and I'm sorry it distresses you so.)

I think all Alexiel was complaining about was that she doesn't get rights over the idea for having it first, analogous to the rights the artists have over their work.

Recently, I made a thread in DR called "Wish Pygmies". Later I noticed there was another active thread called "Wish Wyverns". Did I copy that thread/concept/idea? No, it just so happened that we hit upon the same thing around the same time. I don't think most people deliberately try to steal others' ideas.

Ok,but then why you joked with my dragon?  dry.gif

Seriously, it's not a big deal. No one is trying to "plagarise" your work, like you said earlier, and no one is trying to "joke with" your concept.

Two different people seperately thought of "dark pink" dragons. That's it. End of story. No one copied your idea or made fun of it. The dragons themselves are completely different. "dark pink" is simply a description that is vague enough that multiple people thought of it. That's all there is to it.

Edited by Marie19R

If I had kids I wouldn't let them on ANY forums. Forums in general are very sucky places. I've seen many worse than this and few better.

BUT!

This forum seems to favor older members, and the input of newer members doesn't seem to be valued nearly as much. Just go check the suggestions sections and you'll see older members continually and brutally shooting down the ideas of newer members because they can pretty much get away with telling newer people that their ideas suck (because people who have been around longer are obviously always right, I guess).

I wouldn't suggest any of my other DC-playing friends to join here because of that alone. A lot of people say this forum is a friendly community, but I haven't seen it yet.

Back onto the previous topic, this has been addressed already to some degree, but I thought I'd dredge it back up to get back on track?

Re the above quote and several other remarks by Derranged: It's not that older members' opinions are necessarily valued more, quite so much as the fact that older members have seen these same, or similar ideas before, some discussed at length before realizing they weren't feasible, some straight up shot down by TJ or a specific dragon's spriter. This doesn't mean that those members who've been around the forums longer couldn't have missed something in discussion, or that TJ might change his mind, but a lot of the time when some long-time forum member says "this won't work" or "that's not what that dragon does" or whatnot, it's quite likely because the discussion has been around before, they remember how it went, and respond based on previous experience.

I agree it's not very constructive or helpful in telling you WHY your suggestion is being shot down, but few people feel like writing a wall 'o' text every time a certain concept comes up, and fewer people are inclined to really READ a wall 'o' text. But I can see how it would make a newer member feel that their input is not valued as much as an older members'.

Solutions might include a more comprehensive "what not to suggest" listing, perhaps edited to add ideas as they get shot down/are found unfeasible, or a seperate listing including "rejected ideas" for anyone wanting to suggest something to browse through and see whether their idea has already been through. - I imagine it may put a strain on forum resources but would there be any possibility of archiving rejected threads, and linking them in a list by their topic title or suggested concept? I doubt it would be feasible, but that would be the most comprehensive method I can think of to insure everyone gets a yes/no and why.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

or

What, if anything, would you like to see done about this Derranged?

Just for the record - I am chronologically old - but when I was new here, everyone was lovely to me, and I have never felt it was unfriendly. Just sayin'...

I think if we take the time to explain why we have posted an idea, people do respond It's the posts that say "WANNA VIDEO GAME WHY ISN'T THERE ONE THERE SHOULD BE JUST BECAUSE I WANT IT" and the like that annoy everyone, and get ignored or shot down. When I first arrived I was actually quite shocked by some posts from people who had joined after me and were plain demanding with no recognition or acknowledgement that it was rather nice of TJ to have made this game and forum and let us come here for FREE....

I'm actually rather grateful for everything we have. The other superb forum I am on costs actual MONEY....

I love this forum!

I came from the Spore forum and the Mods and Admins abandoned it. It's also covered with spam.

This forum is SOO different! All mods are always active, and theres no spam to be seen! I love it so much.

The only think I wish for here is a bookmarks area. So people can keep track of certain topics. Or at least I would like that.

The only think I wish for here is a bookmarks area. So people can keep track of certain topics. Or at least I would like that.

There is. On the top of each topic there's a "track this"

You can look at your bookmarks at "my controls"

(though I'm not happy with either getting no mails or lots of them :/ )

I don't know if this was mentioned before.

But Inside the Dc requests sub forum there was a topic named:

Artist request Thread

Which served almost as a classified for people who looked for sketchers, liners, shaders and proof readers, plus more.

I noticed a while ago, that this thread disappeared, and so I didn't gave it Importance, but now I realized JUST HOW IMPORTANT it really was!

If you guys are looking for forum feedback, I would say that:

That thread was somewhat of a help for some users, and if possible must be returned or getting it re-running

With the correct Updating

Thanks for the preview.

If You guys would rather take it that I spoke to a mod or someone about this manner please do address me in a pm

~Siryuki

I was one of the primary maintainers for that thread, Siryuki. :3 While it was going, it seemed to serve its purpose well for a while. Later on, though, it didn't appear that very many people were actually getting help through it - or, if they were, they weren't coming back to have their threads removed, so the lists weren't moving along much.

Sock talked to me before the thread was removed, and I agreed with her that it didn't seem to be doing much anymore, and that, between the new limitations to threads-per-user and stricter cleaning out/enforcement of up-to-date subtitles for threads, the thread's purpose was pretty much obsolete.

I'm not sure what the general feeling might be regarding having something similar again, but that's the background on where things have been.

@Imbe:

Thanks for the acclaration on the matter but maybe I still think a sticky of some sort, very clean and organized should suffice >.<

Unfortunately, the thread got to the point where more people needed help than people who could give out. With updates to having to stick progress in your subtitle and such, the thread was deemed to have outlived it's usefulness. I did like the thread and thought it was a great idea, but there are just too many people who need help and not enough artists and time to help them all out. 3=

I would like to propose that the BSA section be closed.

We're pretty much exhausted the BSA possibility range. The only things left that could be BSAs are pointless badge/decoration things, gamebreaking things, and logical impossibilities.

Plus, it appears that as a prerequisite for a dragon getting a BSA, it has to specifically state in the dragon's description that it can do that BSA, or the artist/conceptor of the breed has to like the BSA.

I think it would be better if BSA conceptualization was confined exclusively to DR threads, so the breed can come out of the oven with the BSA already there. It's become a pointless exercise to try and get in-cave dragons BSAs.

Also, somewhat off topic, but speaking of BSAs, has any explanation been given as to how Fertility works?

I don't like it, but I agree with ~!~.

I don't like it, but I agree with ~!~.

Ditto. But then Suggestions/Requests might end up spammed with BSA suggestions.

But TJ himself just posted a suggestion for one.... (not there though, now that I notice...)

I do agree with Nin though.