Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

I do not think we want R-rated posts on this forum. My kids both have scrolls and this is one place I feel comfortable enough letting them be on the computer without a ton of supervision. If someone feels thee need to use R-rate language, they can PM the other user.

If this is about the Mature/Debate section, then a lot of people seem to be missing the point.

It's not to have a free zone where rules don't apply, or for spam and everything is R-rated. That stuff would still basically be unacceptable. The section was intended to be a discussion section for subjects that get more controversial. To separate stuff like (glancing at what's in GD atm) "are you ticklish?" from stuff like "religion/abortion".

I just have some bad feedback to leave,and it is mostly about this forum conduct and I really hope to see some action.

I have a dragon request in the Requests section,and I've been bulled since the beginning.I won't say names;mods and those people know who they are.

in the last page,I was severely insulted(I have all pages saved and I will sent them to TJ later,since I intent to close the topic sooner or later),and It seems that no one cares.

Okay,I reported all to the mods,they took action in private,wich is very good.But they didn't censor the insults those people did,nor have erased them.I know that all comments that contain rudeness or bad words are censored; that happened to me once,when I gave bad critics to a in-cave sprite.I feel quite disrespected; because I saw comments being censured for far less.When it's me who's making a mistake,in seconds the mods solve things out almost automatically,so please don't tell me you didn't saw the insults made against me.If you see rudeness happening in a thread,it's obvious that you read the comments.So I start thinking if that's a matter of preference,frienships,groups.I do my best to respect others,but hey;I don't belong to the "group" so I will be kicked out and people will even joke on my face.

I know that many users here feel like I do;this is also very commented in other forums,that's why I lost some of my time to write here.

Now on I will only use the Trade section,because all the rest don't worth an effort.

Alexiel Dragoness, I won't pretend that I know what the drama was about in that thread, but I will comment about your post here.

If it's the thread that I'm looking at (your dragon request thread that's on the first page of that subforum), then yes, the mods *did* censor/remove the insults. I see multiple posts that have "removed", "name removed", and "edited by (mod name)". A mod also commented in-thread about it. When the rudeness reappeared in a more vague/general form, a Mod again stepped in to post a public warning about it.

I have no idea where you are getting the idea of "group" and "friendship" preferences. If you have a specific complaint about a specific Mod, you should probably tell TJ. But I saw no "preferences" at all in that thread, only a mod doing their job by warning and editing posts. Not *all* vaguely-rude posts are going to be censored. When things get heated up a little bit, it's a waste of time and just isn't practical to go around censoring every single post that *might* be an insult. Is there another thread you are talking about?

Edited by Marie19R

^^

what she said. (Just read the only thread I can find...)

Alexiel Dragoness, I won't pretend that I know what the drama was about in that thread, but I will comment about your post here.

If it's the thread that I'm looking at (your dragon request thread that's on the first page of that subforum), then yes, the mods *did* censor/remove the insults. I see multiple posts that have "removed", "name removed", and "edited by (mod name)". A mod also commented in-thread about it. When the rudeness reappeared in a more vague/general form, a Mod again stepped in to post a public warning about it.

I have no idea where you are getting the idea of "group" and "friendship" preferences. If you have a specific complaint about a specific Mod, you should probably tell TJ. But I saw no "preferences" at all in that thread, only a mod doing their job by warning and editing posts. Not *all* vaguely-rude posts are going to be censored. When things get heated up a little bit, it's a waste of time and just isn't practical to go around censoring every single post that *might* be an insult.  Is there another thread you are talking about?

Oh,now AFTER I leave my feedback here,they really did remove! awesome!

But if I didn't say a thing here,I bet the insults would still be there.

TJ would be contacted about this matter.

I don't have nothing against no one; I like and respect every mod and I really appreciate the hard work they have to put this forum in line.I respect everyone here in this forum,even the ones that call me names. So the person that is wrong here is not me.

And Marie19R,things that might be insults I'm fine with them,but I'm not with real rude and dirty,as * * * * *,or other names.You won't read it because I putted the stars on purpose,but thus you can Imagine what I mean.You don't getting the idea of "group" because you're already inside it wink.gif by this I only mean that you are very acostumated to the way things work here,so maybe you won't be able to understand throught a newbie's view(and I'm not as newbie as I were!)

Oh,and rhea,that topic is completed and moved to the progress list a long time ago.

Edited by Alexiel Dragoness

I bet whatever offended you that's gone would have been modded out anyway. I feel sure that posting in this thread had nothing to do with it. There is modding action showing in that thread that goes back several days.

I'd like to see an R rated section with a disclaimer that within reason, everything can be discussed openly and maturely. We've had a few threads closed in GD because of PG-13 guidelines being very poorly defined. The MRAA even only gives "parental guidance advised" as its criteria, from what I can tell.

This.

Oh,and rhea,that topic is completed and moved to the progress list a long time ago.

... yes, I know. Still got the same sorts of issues.

Oh,now AFTER I leave my feedback here,they really did remove! awesome!

But if I didn't say a thing here,I bet the insults would still be there.

TJ would be contacted about this matter.

I don't have nothing against no one; I like and respect every mod and I really appreciate the hard work they have to put this forum in line.I respect everyone here in this forum,even the ones that call me names. So the person that is wrong here is not me.

And Marie19R,things that might be insults I'm fine with them,but I'm not with real rude and dirty,as * * * * *,or other names.You won't read it because I putted the stars on purpose,but thus you can Imagine what I mean.You don't getting the idea of "group" because you're already inside it wink.gif by this I only mean that you are very acostumated to the way things work here,so maybe you won't be able to understand throught a newbie's view(and I'm not as newbie as I were!)

Alexiel, let me be the first to say that sometimes comments don't get removed until after an incident has happened, and until after action has been taken.

I can say that this happens in RP quite a lot, and that it's been known to happen throughout the other sections at times as well.

Often, we will take action, and then we leave everything in tack while we go about discussing amongst each other, and really deciding how we want to go about this. As long as the behaviour stops, we've done something.

Sometimes, in cases where the decision is made prior (or depending on the moderator's moderating style), comments are taken out immediately. Other times, some moderators will wait to make sure that they've had more than one moderator aware of the situation. =)

That way, we get more opinions and can decide whether something is really meant as a few people are perceiving it, or if it could be taken another way. Another reason to leave a comment in is if a member goes to contact TJ, and the actual post is there, TJ can make a decision for himself.

Hopefully this helps.

Please don't feel as though you are not in the group that we won't take action on quickly. =) We try really hard to catch everything quickly, and sometimes a mod has to stop in the middle.

Alexiel, let me be the first to say that sometimes comments don't get removed until after an incident has happened, and until after action has been taken.

I can say that this happens in RP quite a lot, and that it's been known to happen throughout the other sections at times as well.

Often, we will take action, and then we leave everything in tack while we go about discussing amongst each other, and really deciding how we want to go about this. As long as the behaviour stops, we've done something.

Sometimes, in cases where the decision is made prior (or depending on the moderator's moderating style), comments are taken out immediately. Other times, some moderators will wait to make sure that they've had more than one moderator aware of the situation. =)

That way, we get more opinions and can decide whether something is really meant as a few people are perceiving it, or if it could be taken another way. Another reason to leave a comment in is if a member goes to contact TJ, and the actual post is there, TJ can make a decision for himself.

Hopefully this helps.

Please don't feel as though you are not in the group that we won't take action on quickly. =) We try really hard to catch everything quickly, and sometimes a mod has to stop in the middle.

Thanks for the clarification wink.gif

~ Incendiary content removed ~

Edited by LadyLyzar

~ Removed ~

About something mentioned earlier (an R rated section) I think that is a great idea. If anyone goes into the R rated section knowing what it will contain and then complains about stuff said in there, that would be their fault in the first place for reading the threads in an obviously R rated section.

edit:

@ Alexiel Dragoness

Warnings are fair, because when someone gets fired up or upset they will be more inclined to say something very rude and very offensive. Once a person cools down, 99% of the time they regret it. That is why we have warnings- to warn people. Once you get a certain amount of warnings you are suspended from the forums (I think?), which is sort of like a time out for the person to think about their actions. I don't believe automatic bans would be helpful or necessary. Then again, it really is up to the user. Do they regret their actions, or are they just...like that?

Edited by LadyLyzar

rolleyes.gif

Agreed, glamour. It's the same thing now with people posting in the wrong areas and posting their eggs - they didn't read the rules, so it's their fault. Also, I'm thinking we should refer to it as a "Mature" section rather than R-rated - makes it sound less inappropriate. People getting the wrong idea and all.

Edited by RheaZen

rolleyes.gif

Agreed, glamour. It's the same thing now with people posting in the wrong areas and posting their eggs - they didn't read the rules, so it's their fault.

Exactly. Half the posts in the help section are something along the lines of "Why are all my dragon names gone?" or "Why is my scroll burnt?"

Well, you were gone for two months.

Well, you were multiscrolling.

You joined this site, you clicked the little "I have read an agreed to" button. Perhaps it would be a good idea to actually read through the rules and reminders when you join a site like this.

Same goes for an R rated section, or a thread on a somewhat mature topic. A ten year old should not be browsing such topics when they know that they're about something their parents would probably not allow them to read about, so they really shouldn't be complaining about something in there that was offensive to them. And if something is offensive to you, why post there in the first place? Why not just leave that thread and ignore it?

I support the idea of an R rated section, for things to be more openly discussed among the older, more mature users on this site. A "no kids" zone.

edit: Yes, I was thinking that too. R-rated makes it sound like a horror movie xd.png

Edited by glamoursea2

I'm a little iffy about it being a total "no-kids" zone - some threads are meant to be educational, it's just that they're about somewhat taboo subjects. Ex. there was a sex education thread, dunno where it went. Maturity is a yes, but age...

Whenever I hear R-rated I think -nography xd.png

/gutter

I'm a little iffy about it being a total "no-kids" zone - some threads are meant to be educational, it's just that they're about somewhat taboo subjects. Ex. there was a sex education thread, dunno where it went. Maturity is a yes, but age...

Whenever I hear R-rated I think -nography xd.png

/gutter

"No kids" meaning young kids in threads not meant for young kids.

Like a nine year old user browsing the same topic as a nineteen year old user rolleyes.gif

But it also depends on the kid. Some kids are mature enough to read and discuss certain topics, while others will be like "EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW why did I READ that???" so the R-rated (or whatever it would be called) section would come with a warning and maybe even a reasonable but not heavily enforced age limit.

Oh good, I'm not the only one.

Hmm, I suppose. As long as it's not absolute.

lololol

Absolute! I meant absolute!

Edited by RheaZen

Hmm, I suppose. As long as it's not absolute.

lololol

Absolute! I meant absolute!

Lol xd.png

Yes, like when you first join the site it asks that you be 13 or older, unless you have the permission of a parent or guardian. So the R-rated section would recommend that you be soandso or older or at least warn you of the content contained.

Overall, yes. I support the idea.

I don't believe automatic bans would be helpful or necessary. Then again, it really is up to the user. Do they regret their actions, or are they just...like that?

That's a good point.

Many people are just like that,that's why I suggested the automatic ban.

Because bullying it's a crime; at least I heard that many people(most of them young kids or adolescents) commit suicide because they were victims of bullying,specially in America,there are high taxes of suicide caused by that.

That's why I would really keep my nephews away from this forum,because I see what happens here all the time.This is not a safe forum for someone below 18 to be.

If there are any adults here in this forum(mods,even TJ),they should acknowledge that and take the necessary actions.

Having a forum is not only to get people together and have conversations; the owners/creators of it are responsible for the good maintenance,and above all,security of all the members that are here.

If they see they can't handle with this points,they should take one of this to actions:

Put more moderators working; few mods can't handle with all;

Or just close it until they find a better way of maintain it;

It's way better than, in the future,if something tragic happens,being called to a court.

That's why I would really keep my nephews away from this forum,because I see what happens here all the time.This is not a safe forum for someone below 18 to be.

If there are any adults here in this forum(mods,even TJ),they should acknowledge that and take the necessary actions.

Having a forum is not only to get people together and have conversations; the owners/creators of it are responsible for the good maintenance,and above all,security of all the members that are here.

If they see they can't handle with this points,they should take one of this to actions:

Put more moderators working; few mods can't handle with all;

Or just close it until they find a better way of maintain it;

It's way better than, in the future,if something tragic happens,being called to a court.

It is a perfectly safe place for an under 18. There are loads of far younger people here. They come to no harm at all.

If we MUST have an area to discuss the risqué (I am known for not seeing the point of this.... xd.png) yes, "mature" rather than R-rated.

I would have been happy for my kids to discuss abortion, religion and suchlike - I would not have been for R-rated rubbish, which IMHO has no place on a forum like this.

And I have never seen bullying of a kind that would lead to any kind of breach of safety on this forum. We are secure here. And the mods ARE as adult as required. I have no idea how old any of them are except for TJ - but I am confident they are doing a good job. Anyone who is not confident of this doesn't have to be here, after all. No-one has been tied down to the forums.

Plus, too many cooks spoil the... oh, drat, what was the saying? Soup? Lunch?

Anyways, if there were more mods, they'd have to consult more, which isn't what you want as apparently what you really want is just speedy modding. There's a quality vs. quantity thing going on.

Most mods are around 18-20ish I think?

And I have never seen bullying of a kind that would lead to any kind of breach of safety on this forum. We are secure here. And the mods ARE as adult as required. I have no idea how old any of them are except for TJ - but I am confident they are doing a good job. Anyone who is not confident of this doesn't have to be here, after all. No-one has been tied down to the forums.

This.

I also agree that the R-rated section should be called something else. The term "rated R" just screams wildly inappropriate to me.

Random thought: would the "Post your picture" thread go in the mature section? It strikes me that we wouldn't want younger members to post pictures of themselves. Edited by RheaZen

I wouldn't think anyone should post pix of themselves, now that that evil facebook software tries to tag all photos on the web.... sad.gif