Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

56 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

I thought discussion on making them was banned because people were advocating multiscrolling.

Iirc from recent discussions, that was the original inciting discussion but after TJ (?) banned several similar threads the staff team started thinking it was creating neglecteds in general that should be forbidden forever, and thus enforcing it like that.

11 hours ago, LadyLyzar said:

I'm going to address this right now since I am one of the moderators in question.

It is entirely possible to not like a piece of art and not be hurtful to the person who made it.  "Not my favorite" is fine while "this is hideous" is absolutely not OK.  I have had plenty of people who didn't like my stuff, and don't recall issuing a warn to any of them.

On that note, we do not announce warns / bans publicly unless under extenuating circumstances where the community deserves an explanation.  Reason being, we see no reason to air anyone's dirty laundry.  We're all human around here, except the banned spambots of course.

However, a side effect of that is a lot of incorrect assumptions on how we do things.  I promise you, the mod team is a bunch of reasonable people or we wouldn't have been selected.  We discuss with one another all the time, even if you do not see it.  Have a little faith.

This is how I always felt about mods, and how I believed they operated (not least because I have on occasion messaged one to ask for moderation, and was told it had to wait till there was another mod on line to discuss the issue). And I have seen some absolutely foul comments on new dragons. We aren't newspaper critics who are supposed to pan what they don't like to help others decide whether to read/see it; here we are dealing with people like ourselves who put a lot of work into xyz that someone else doesn't like. There are a few dragons here I absolutely loathe - but that's a matter of taste (in one case a personal friend of mine loves one of them....) - and there are ways to say these things that don't hurt others - and we are free not to collect things we dislike.

If an artist here had invented coriander, which is beyond vile and positively vomitrocious, I would not have dealt with it like this,

coriander.jpg.1d0c9e6a97da6a0c5957aad66f74ec28.jpg

which in its actual context is perfectly fine.... I'd just say I don't like it. And my daughter would tell me I'm wrong - and no harm done either way.. But I have seen "criticisms" that were almost that rude - and unnecessary.

I guess things could be made a bit clearer, but whatever is done, it will never make everyone happy.  I am sorry for mods on every site I am on. They have one hell of a time. I know one or two who quit (not here) because of the stress and unpleasantness from members - but better they go OTT moderating than have an unmoderated site - I was on one which went that route after criticisms of the moderating. It died from the nastiness than ensued.

Edited by Fuzzbucket
Image replacement with one censored by fuzz !

a while ago i suggested a pronouns option to add to your profile, and i am so happy it got added! but a small problem i have with it is that in my personal case, i go by she/her, it/its, and he/him. with the way the freeform currently works, i can only include two of those... which isn't really correct fully. i wish it was possible for me to add a third slash in the field without it invalidating the entire thing and not letting me submit.

You can put it in your signature.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You can put it in your signature.

i used to have it as my location, i'll probably put it back as that. i'm just saying, the pronouns field is okay but it could be improved for people like me.

1 hour ago, lexi_ said:

i used to have it as my location, i'll probably put it back as that. i'm just saying, the pronouns field is okay but it could be improved for people like me.

The one issue is that I don't think that's something TJ has any control over?  I think that's something you'd have to take up with the forum software provider.  The pronoun field could definitely be improved in several ways, though (the ability to list 3 forms instead of only 2 would be useful for those of us who prefer non-standard pronouns that might have unusual spelling or that people might not know how to make into a possessive form)

It's a shame the member title (now labelled "rank") field is no linger editable. Again - that seems to be don to invision, though.

Edited by Fuzzbucket