Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

take an egg, leave an egg, sounded like a nice idea, but it was really just a very overly complicated departures thread with too many additional strings attached.

I'm actually glad it's gone.

Just starting a new thread will result in instant closure because threads in the trading section need mod approval. Which, right now, this kind of thread doesn't have.

Part of why I started this discussion is trying to find a way to restart or re-use this thread. Since I alone don't have all the answers, much less the tenacity to contact various mods about it whenever I do come up with one, I hoped to get input from other players and some mods in here.

Make a poll (because I can't seem to vote on the one already..?)

Let it sit for a month or 2.

If the vote is for continuing the thread have a mod nuke the old mess and start a fresh one.

Other wise, keep the old one locked and it'll become part of the DC forum's history.

I keep saying a fresh one because as a new member looking at these trading threads is confusing as heck.

The other forum where I'm very active in has it's own "classifieds" section.

There users make a thread for what they have to offer and people just post a dibs in the thread and then via PM, the trade details are arranged. Then the OP posts back "Sold!" or "didn't agree on terms, back up for sale" in the thread. If they sold (or in this case traded the egg/dragon), the OP simply closed the thread after they post that the dragon was traded and they move the thread to another section call "sold" to keep the active trades separate from the completed ones.

That forum is using Vbulletin, so the mods can give users the power to move threads they make to the sold section.

I am unsure if IPS has the same power.

That would be ideal, and incredibly easy for users to trade.

The only task mods will have would be to clean up threads once in a while and make sure everything is all good. (No fighting, insulting etc.)

Edited by This_Guy_001

Why is the fate of TAELAE being discussed here? I thought mods were discussing it's future. >_< not that I mind anything here of course, I'm just confused about what's going on with it. Sorry in advanced if I've missed something obvious.

EDIT: ahh i see! I missed an edit in the last post of the thread! :X ignore me!

Edited by andromedagalaxia

First of all, TAE LAE needs its own forum account. That way, TAE LAE can have actual thread moderators to deal with any issues that arise. There will be a new rule that says that you can only put something on a two way trade if it's a rare egg (metals, trios, avatars, unbreedables, Thuwed, Dorkface, brand new releases, holiday, etc.) or any hatchling. Or, if the mods are completely uncomfortable about the idea of two way trades with a dummy, users can ask people to PM them for the one way transfer link if the egg/hatchling is a high theft item. If you are offering a common or uncommon egg that does not have a particularly rare lineage, you must leave it on a one way transfer!

If you have left something on the thread and you notice that someone takes it without leaving anything, wait 24 hours to see if the user who took it leaves something. Any user who publicly calls out someone who takes without leaving or posts a public complaint about people taking without leaving is grey listed and temp-banned from the thread for a week! If the "thief" does not leave something within 24 hours, then you can send a PM to TAE LAE and explain what happened. Then TAE LAE will PM the thief and send a friendly reminder to please leave something for the thread. Only TAE LAE moderators can send reminder PMs to "thieves" and they can only do so through the TAE LAE account! Any non moderator who sends a reminder PM to a "thief" will be grey listed and temp banned from TAE LAE for a week! This should stop any potential "thieves" from being harassed. If the "thief" does not respond to the reminder PM from TAE LAE within 48 hours, the "thief" receives their first strike. Strikes will be kept track of privately by TAE LAE thread moderators and will not be listed on the TAE LAE thread! If a "thief" wants to get rid of their strike, they can post on TAE LAE and leave two things, one to replace the item they took and one to erase their strike. Strikes do not go away with time, the only way to get rid of them is by leaving an extra egg/hatchling to erase them. If a "thief" receives a strike, does nothing about it, and takes another egg without leaving, they will go through the same exact process a second time. If the "thief" receives a second strike, they will be grey listed and temp banned for 2 weeks. After their temporary ban period is over, the "thief" can post in TAE LAE again and erase both of their strikes if they'd like. If a "thief" has received 2 stikes, went through the temp ban period, does nothing about their strikes, and proceeds to take yet another egg without leaving, the process repeats itself. If a "thief" receives a third strike they will be black listed and permanently banned from TAE LAE forever.  If any user (this includes "thieves" and people who have publicly called out other users) is caught posting in TAE LAE or taking anything from TAE LAE while they are grey listed, they will be permanently black listed and banned from TAE LAE forever. Any user who has 3 separate occurrences of publicly calls out other users and/or sending reminder PMs to potential "thieves" will be blacklisted from TAE LAE forever!

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Would something like this work to bring back TAE LAE? Obviously, this exact system does not have to be implemented but I think something like this could potentially be a solution. What does everyone else think about this?

I don't think that's very fair, really. It's protecting the thieves and cheaters, while punishing those that play fair.

The thread title. 'Take An Egg, Leave And Egg', is pretty self-explanetary. You take an egg, and you leave an egg.

But it's not fair to say that the thieves and cheaters have 3 chances to continue stealing eggs before anything is done (with the first 'punishment' being merely a slap on the wrist), while those who play fair (give eggs back to the thread), but question why the thieves are allowed to steal eggs, get IMMEDIATELY grey-listed and temp-banned.

I agree that TAE LAE seemed like a good idea in the beginning. But it never worked as intended as far as I could tell. Anything good was snatched up instantly and usually replaced with something of much less value. The whole tone of the thread became very unwelcoming and I avoided it after the first few times I posted there. I followed it for awhile without posting, but saw that it continued to struggle with the same issues without any resolution, so I just wrote it off.

To me any thread that needs such tight control and stringent rules to make it work is not worth reopening, to be honest.

I gift eggs on a regular basis in other threads and prefer the departure thread because it does move so fast. As a gifter I usually want that egg off my scroll quickly so I can go on with breeding.

When a new post e.g. suggestion is getting merged with an older one, it should use the newer date, not the older.

It happened to me that I had a suggestion, people got interested about it, then it was merged with an older suggestion (for brief similarity fo the field) and ALL interest died because it used the older thread's date, not newer's... it was.. desctructive^^;

I think that leaving a lineage link and having people PM you might work.

I really liked Take an egg, Leave an egg because the taking and leaving meant there was always something there, and it was nice to know that people would pass something on.

*sad*

...and the rules 'n' regs of the TAE LAE thread aren't complicated? Not to mention all the stuff that people want/need to bolt on so that "person X can take this egg, but person Y can't." Also, "choosing" a gift implies a kind of entitlement to me, but the other gifting threads pretty much say what they're likely to contain so there's a choice right there. Eh, maybe I just don't "get" gifting threads, I never relied on them (or wanted to), not even as a newbie who couldn't catch the shiny stuff...

Overall, with a bit of common sense, it wasn't complicated. Read through a couple of posts in the thread (not the long ones by the OP), participate - and you're in. Take an egg, leave one (or a hatchling). It's not that complicated.

Also, you couldn't choose a gift in TAE LAE any more than you can in the departures thread.

When a new post e.g. suggestion is getting merged with an older one, it should use the newer date, not the older.

It happened to me that I had a suggestion, people got interested about it, then it was merged with an older suggestion (for brief similarity fo the field) and ALL interest died because it used the older thread's date, not newer's... it was.. desctructive^^;

Posts automatically sort by age. I don't know if this can be changed on this forum software version. I also think it would be confusing to have some new posts before old posts going back into new posts (posts after the merge) if that's what you were suggesting? Personally, newest first v oldest first I think you are going to find the same problem in merging. I think part of it is that when merged, many players realize they have already commented on the idea and two that there isn't a way withthis forum to leave a ghost of the thread and have it redirect to the merged thread, so some don't realize the topic is merged or they think it got a ton of activity very quickly and don't want to have to catch up on that.

But people had the same complaints about closing as a dupe, which is why I started merging more. So I am. Ot sure there is a really good solution to this sudden lack of interest in older threads. =U

Chiming in on the TAE/LAE chatter, since it's a thread I really enjoyed!

I was a "sometimes" rather than an "all the time" user, and haven't been there in the last couple months or so, so obviously opinions vary, but I never had any significant problems there.

Yes, a couple of times I left an egg and it was claimed without anyone speaking up -- but that was a risk I accepted when I posted a one-way transfer, and I knew it. It didn't bother me hugely, because i so frequently saw people who came into the thread JUST to leave an egg; I figured it all worked out in the end, as long as most of us wanted to play fair.

I especially don't remember the rules being 'stringent' or 'complicated'! Make a post with what you're taking, and what you're leaving; don't kill stuff that you take, try to leave something nice (by whatever definition you want to apply) --- how is that complicated, compared to some of the processes involved in gifting threads?

I do remember that people would sometimes add extra conditions, like naming it, but: so what? It's up to you. If you don't want to name it, don't take it. Or take ten seconds and throw a name on it, whichever. The one thing that I do remember being somewhat annoyed about were the people who refused to check downthread from their offers -- that struck me as being lazy in the worst way (where you're trying to make things easier on you by making it harder on others). I didn't complain, though; I just treated it exactly the same as any other condition people applied, and either took the egg or didn't, depending on whether I felt like complying. *shrug*

I've never used the Departures board, so I can't say how it compares, but I do want to say just how much I loved TAE/LAE because it had so few rules! It's not uncommon for me that I'll breed something and then decide to gift it; and nearly all the other "gifting" threads are piled high with a thousand restrictions: must fill out this form, must pick from a preset list of people andPM, must allow 24-48 hours for a response, must come back and submit another form after it's accepted or I don't hear back, must do this than and the other... Some of them even have some kind of "points" involved, I don't even know! I'm sorry, but if I have to sign up and post progress notes over a 24-hour period in order to give something away, then it's going to the AP instead.

Plus, as others have noted, TAE/LAE was really handy for gifting (or receiving) things with really interesting or unique lineages, etc. that often don't fit neatly into the categories required in the various gifting threads.

The other awesome thing about it has also been said: at any given time there was something there to be claimed, and you got to select something! Compared to the gifting threads I've seen, where it's done by connecting individuals, it's a lot more fun to play "let's go check out what people want to give!" instead of "sit around and wait till somebody PMs you about a list you wrote".

In short: yes, please, I love TAE/LAE and the unique features that make it far more fun than just a gifting thread or departure thread!

Edited by sorenna

As for trading centres, I'd rather make it a section on DC itself, not forums... forums are overcrowded with expired offers... and loads of pages of old offers. it makes me give up very quickly.

This trading area should recognize active transfers/trades and those which already accepted the offer and auto-remove such. It would alos be handy if it had a 'search by speices' etc. feature, so e.g. if you need a ND you simply choose ND as your key and only offers offering ND would appear for you. Same with you have a paper and want to offer it, you pick 'paper' as you key and only offers requesting paper or 'any' would be shown to you.

also ithere could be an option that you just want to make a 'I'm looking for' kind of announcement, so you dont' specify what you give but what you want. If that would be open for adding trade offers directly, it would be helpful.

Also it could have two separate sections for trades and transfers:)

This area should also allow communication between users, but so the person who does the offer can see messages from all interested, but the interested can't see messages from others.

I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be more useful if it was visible how many trade offers there are made for a particular trade and what is offered(but not from whom) for everyone interested in making an offer to a particular trade. E.g. it happens that sb offers two trades of the same kind of egg (e.g cb magma) and it can happen that one trade has 5 offers but the other one has none. It's a kind of a waste.

I'm thinking of a kind of up-to-date automated thing, easy to use, with everyhting shown clear, without expired things, allowing easy exchanges and communication. Without engaging outer sites, also the forums.

Edited by Aniusia483

I don't think that's very fair, really.  It's protecting the thieves and cheaters, while punishing those that play fair. 

That's exactly the line of thought, why this kind of thread is trouble.

The game itself tells us, that one-way-teleports are not in any way a binding contract, that the recipient is free to do whatever he/she pleases.

The game itself tells us, that one-way-teleports are not in any way a binding contract, that the recipient is free to do whatever he/she pleases.

No, it's those that think it's okay to cheat and steal, that make the thread in trouble.

Edited by Frodo

MORE GENERALLY, since my first post here was just TAE feedback:

In general, I enjoy the forums, but one thing I think could be improved is just... directing people to them?

It was probably months or even a year after I got a DC account that I started using the Forums, which opened up a whole world of stuff to me -- from "how do lineage projects get started" to "would anyone help me get a specific dragon I want?"

I'd like to see some kind of helpful pointer for newbies involved. Just a basic "welcome to DC, here's the help page for raising your dragons and navigating the site! If you'd like to connect with other players, check out the forums! It has trading threads, discussion, and even a place where you can sign up for a DC mentor to help you get started!" sort of thing.

(If this happens, the forums might need some retooling in order to steer newbies to the right places - like the big "it looks like this is your first time here, click for a tutorial" box that I see every single time I log in. biggrin.gif It would definitely need an overview of how the forums work -- DON'T post your trade as a separate thread, DON'T use a 1-way link because anyone can see it/take it, DO check the last pages of a thread first as this is where activity happens, DON'T post view links" -- and on forum ettiquette -- "DO introduce yourself in the intro area and check out these threads designed for beginners, DON'T PM people who haven't said they're willing to breed, DO figure out PMs and use them politely, DON'T spam threads with chatter/multiple trading posts".)

What i do mind is people picking up random messy ap stuff and leaving them there after snagging 2nd gen metals and low gen prizes.

I know not Everyone can breed and leave Nice stuff, i sure couldnt at first, but its easy to hatch some low time CB eggs and post CB hatchies, people love hatchies. Not the messy stuff no one Will touch with a broomstick.

That's exactly the reason why I didn't use the thread more often - there were a LOT of so-called "gifts" that were actually dummy eggs from the AP.

I can understand lots of people dont think TAELAE had much of a chance and was just a waste, but I personally believe it made a lot of people happy. (Such as myself) I know that it seems that it was always a lost cause but so many people participated and enjoyed it. I think that there should be moderators in the thread to deal with people that steal eggs and get everything neat and tidy so that things dont go south again. I was personally devastated by the loss of the thread and I feel somewhat responsible. In my anger and frustration I called out a user and it was one of the things leading to the thread's end. Its the main reason Ive been gifting around the Departures Thread more than usual, only because it brings back happy memories of TAELAE and bit by bit, makes me feel more certain that I should do something about the downfall I caused. So, I suppose that I should. I decided on a few rules that would help the thread run nicely with some input of others.

♡Use One-Ways at your Own Risk

♡If you take something nice, leave something nice

♡Set rules that the Adopter must follow

♡PM a Thread Moderator if you have a problem

♡If you take something, you must tell that user what you took (via PM/reply)

♡Have Thread Moderators to control problems

Take an egg Leave an egg is a unique thread. There is no other thread like it anywhere. Its the one place people can be friendly and swap beautiful creations without the thought of wants or 'I need this back'. I could never see how it was becoming a Trading Thread when people were just trying to protect their dragons from dishonest and rude people.If the moderators of the Forum can find it easy to understand and do, bring back Take An Egg, Leave An Egg. This thread held lots of people together and made many friendships bloom and stretch. I myself made friends I never could have anywhere else. Bring back the thread for everyone. Bring it back for the people who love it now, and who always will.

No, it's those that think it's okay to cheat and steal, that make the thread in trouble.

Seconded. I was playing here before there was even an official trading system and never had a problem. Heck, even these days people use IOUs all the time. While the site shouldn't and can't be relied upon to enforce unofficial bargains, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect fair play. And I think most people are honest and do keep their word.

It also bothers me that the forum as a whole is being punished for the actions of a minority. I agree that the calling members out needs to stop, but really never saw much of a problem with chatting or trading (pretty much every post left something or promised to leave something and I never saw an actual trade in thread). Honestly, while I don't want to see any of them closed either, I think some of the many trading threads are far closer to being duplicates than TAE was.

As for trading centres, I'd rather make it a section on DC itself, not forums... forums are overcrowded with expired offers... and loads of pages of old offers. it makes me give up very quickly.

This trading area should recognize active transfers/trades and those which already accepted the offer and auto-remove such. It would alos be handy if it had a 'search by speices' etc. feature, so e.g. if you need a ND you simply choose ND as your key and only offers offering ND would appear for you. Same with you have a paper and want to offer it, you pick 'paper' as you key and only offers requesting paper or 'any' would be shown to you.

also ithere could be an option that you just want to make a 'I'm looking for' kind of announcement, so you dont' specify what you give but what you want. If that would be open for adding trade offers directly, it would be helpful.

Also it could have two separate sections for trades and transfers:)

This area should also allow communication between users, but so the person who does the offer can see messages from all interested, but the interested can't see messages from others.

I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be more useful if it was visible how many trade offers there are made for a particular trade and what is offered(but not from whom) for everyone interested in making an offer to a particular trade. E.g. it happens that sb offers two trades of the same kind of egg (e.g cb magma) and it can happen that one trade has 5 offers but the other one has none. It's a kind of a waste.

I'm thinking of a kind of up-to-date automated thing, easy to use, with everyhting shown clear, without expired things, allowing easy exchanges and communication. Without engaging outer sites, also the forums.

That's really an interesting idea!

I kind of like it, and yet... kind of don't. Mostly because of the heavily automated vision you're presenting -- so many trades involve PMing, or editing a trade post ("Now a hatchling!" / "now taking non-Shimmer offers!" "no longer egg-locked, egg offers OK!" etc.) that it takes a lot of the connection of out the process.

If everything is automatically monitored/updated by DC, there's no way to open communication.

To give a random personal example: I once offered a hatchling on somebody's egg trade, but was egg-locked. Being aware of this, I PMed them to say that I knew I was locked but would have a free slot in two hours (and if they wanted to decide before then, that was of course OK! But if my offer was tempting at all, a little patience would keep them from having to decline.) They PMed back to say that was fine and they weren't in a hurry; and I turned out to be the ONLY one offering on their trade, so they accepted once I was unlocked!

So to me communication -- or at least the OPTION of communication -- is a big part of trading. No matter how much I love the idea of a nice, neat, auto-updated list without a bunch of dead pages... I don't want to end up just browsing a catalogue with no way to speak to the person on the other side.

Not to mention that I see plenty of people here on the forums wanting something that can't be as narrowly defined as a "Breed Wanted" field - any Prize 5G or less, anything EG with Holly grandparents, Silver OR Gold Tinsel OR Bronze Shimmerscale; four hatchlings from the following list for freezing... I can't quite see how an automatic system would be able to handle those, except maybe by providing a text box (and then you run into character limits and issues with links, e.g. "I need a reverse gender-switching checker to match this male").

And lastly, if the "catalogue" is an automated site that lists every transfer and trade made... how can you control who picks up your transfers?! Or even trades; what if you have a 2G Shimmerscale and only want another 2G Prize in exchange? You don't want your trade being posted where everybody with a 10G Pink can see it; you'd end up swamped in offers you aren't interested in. Or vice-versa; that might be worse, actually, because even if they're offering up a 10G Pink I see so many people who put "Wanted: low-gen shimmer" in their wanted list anyway; if you're looking to offer something nice, you'd end up scrolling through a huge list of things you probably don't think are worth what you've got.

I'd be very interested in statistics from TJ about how often transfers and two-ways are created, because I kind of suspect that it'd require a LOT of server power to continuously maintain a database/listing of every single one as it goes live. But maybe I'm wrong and people don't make as many as I suspect they do!

That all sounds really negative, which it wasn't meant to be! I *do* like the basic idea; I've often wished there was some kind of "you've made a trade teleport! Click here to see what other users have for trade" thing, because it sure would be handy. And yep, I get frustrated (and, as a newbie, I got confused/overwhelmed) by 58-page trading threads full of already-expired offers. When you're in a hurry, it could be handy to have a way to skip the slower-moving forums and the sometimes sprawling ways that people list their trade items and just look at what's fast and easy.

Maybe as a sort of simplified listing (Breed offered + CB/NonCB + blank area for what they want) it could be pretty useful! But I would definitely want it to be a sideline, not a replacement for the trading sections of the forum. I don't want to give up the ability to say "Hey, I can't breed that today, but give me two days and it's yours!" or "I said I wanted a bloodswap, but since you don't have any of this breed at all I'm willing to work out something easier for you!"

I loved the TAE/LAE thread. To me, it was full of the good juju that I love about DC. There were problems here and there, sure. But I did love the thread. I'd love to see it come back.

Sarahnoid  Posted on Oct 9 2014, 06:23 PM

I loved the TAE/LAE thread. To me, it was full of the good juju that I love about DC. There were problems here and there, sure. But I did love the thread. I'd love to see it come back.

I soo agree

DragonLove234  Posted on Oct 9 2014, 05:56 PM

I can understand lots of people dont think TAELAE had much of a chance and was just a waste, but I personally believe it made a lot of people happy. (Such as myself) I know that it seems that it was always a lost cause but so many people participated and enjoyed it. I think that there should be moderators in the thread to deal with people that steal eggs and get everything neat and tidy so that things dont go south again. I was personally devastated by the loss of the thread and I feel somewhat responsible. In my anger and frustration I called out a user and it was one of the things leading to the thread's end. Its the main reason Ive been gifting around the Departures Thread more than usual, only because it brings back happy memories of TAELAE and bit by bit, makes me feel more certain that I should do something about the downfall I caused. So, I suppose that I should. I decided on a few rules that would help the thread run nicely with some input of others.

♡Use One-Ways at your Own Risk

♡If you take something nice, leave something nice

♡Set rules that the Adopter must follow

♡PM a Thread Moderator if you have a problem

♡If you take something, you must tell that user what you took (via PM/reply)

♡Have Thread Moderators to control problems

Take an egg Leave an egg is a unique thread. There is no other thread like it anywhere. Its the one place people can be friendly and swap beautiful creations without the thought of wants or 'I need this back'. I could never see how it was becoming a Trading Thread when people were just trying to protect their dragons from dishonest and rude people.If the moderators of the Forum can find it easy to understand and do, bring back Take An Egg, Leave An Egg. This thread held lots of people together and made many friendships bloom and stretch. I myself made friends I never could have anywhere else. Bring back the thread for everyone. Bring it back for the people who love it now, and who always will.

Some good Ideas here and would love to see it back

On the issue of TaE LaE I never had a problem with "thieves" To be perfectly honest, I always used one way transfers and never checked on where they went or to who. It wasn't my egg anymore and as I gifted it, I obviously didn't want it. Which is the point that many don't seem to grasp, if you wanted the egg, or wanted something nice for it, don't use that thread.

But "trading" in the thread was very much getting out of hand. I stopped using the thread, because so many people would post a 2-way, have someone offer, delete the offer because it was a dummy, wait a day and post again. (or not deleting the offer and just leaving it sit till one or the other grew up) If you want a nice thing, go to a trading thread. A dummy is supposed to be a randomized egg. I had it done to me, and saw plenty of others not get something because the person wouldn't accept the offer. So, for everyone saying "no trading was happening" this is what was meant. And that is, to me, a far greater violation of the thread rules than "stealing". Because it's not stealing, you offered a gift and chose to use a one-way. It's the other parties egg now and their choice to return the favor or not. You have no say.

I never really liked the take an egg/leave an egg thread. I looked at it a few times, but most of what I saw was two way trades and most of the time I would offer a dummy egg and then have to wait and wait having no idea what was going on. I was never sure if the other person was waiting for a better egg or even online still. Many people would also have so many requirements, you can do this/can't do that. It was all very discouraging. So if I want to gift something or look for pretty eggs I check the departure thread. People seem much more mellow there and my eggs are taken quickly. When I am looking for eggs I can skip over the people asking for dummy eggs, there seem to be a lot less people doing two way trades there. I do ask people to please not kill/bit/abandon and to please name. But it is not a requirement, it would just be nice. I don't care if people trade my eggs. And even if I did I have no right to tell people what to do with their own eggs.

This.

Gifting with stipulations is actually very wide-spread on the forums, while strictly speaking, the rules of the game forbid stipulations. Technically, an egg is no longer yours once it leaves your scroll.

Since there's obviously a conflict between the game's rules and commonly found thread rules, I think we (or probably rather the mods) have to discuss on a larger scale if and how stipulations are maintainable and come to a forum-wide conclusion how to handle them (as has been done with IOU's).

And to all those who rant about cheaters or thieves: Has it ever ocurred to you that the forums are public and everyone can read topics? I think there might be a lot of children involved whose parents don't allow them to have a forum account, or people with poor command of English who recognize the "Claim my eggs/hatchlings" line without understanding much of the stuff around it. Not every "stolen" egg was necessarily taken with bad intentions. Especially to many children from non-english-speaking countries the difference between the departures thread and TAELAE is probably not clear.

On the issue of TaE LaE  I never had a problem with "thieves"  To be perfectly honest, I always used one way transfers and never checked on where they went or to who.  It wasn't my egg anymore and as I gifted it, I obviously didn't want it.  Which is the point that many don't seem to grasp, if you wanted the egg, or wanted something nice for it, don't use that thread. 

But "trading" in the thread was very much getting out of hand.  I stopped using the thread, because so many people would post a 2-way, have someone offer, delete the offer because it was a dummy, wait a day and post again.  (or not deleting the offer and just leaving it sit till one or the other grew up)  If you want a nice thing, go to a trading thread.  A dummy is supposed to be a randomized egg.  I had it done to me, and saw plenty of others not get something because the person wouldn't accept the offer.  So, for everyone saying "no trading was happening" this is what was meant.  And that is, to me, a far greater violation of the thread rules than "stealing".  Because it's not stealing, you offered a gift and chose to use a one-way.  It's the other parties egg now and their choice to return the favor or not.  You have no say.

If this is true, I understand why the thread was closed and will stop petitioning to have it returned unchanged. I never saw it, or had it happen to me, but I may just have gotten lucky. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I did get a few "nice" offers on some of my more valuable gifts, but I ignored them and accepted the dummy of the first person to post.

EDIT: Ha-Ki also makes a very good point regarding TAE and gifting threads in general. Although if someone is able to understand they are being called out, they should also be able to understand how the game works. But I don't think it's too much to ask for complaints about thieves to be kept off the public board

Edited by Ponie

I tend to think that since we are - we are always told - free to do as we please with any egg or hatchie we get, trade threads shouldn't be able to insist on them.

That said - as I say, when I tried to use the TAE LAE thread I was just told I was doing it wrong (so it can't be as "simple" as all that - as I am far from stupid (bragging ? No, I never said I was NICE, or anything - but I am NOT stupid !) and if I can't get it, I am betting there are an awful lot who can't - and I did see a lot of "That wasn't an OK trade" posts. Either you are OK with a dummy - or you aren't. You can't say - for instance - only a gold dummy will do... xd.png

Trades like that ARE at your own risk. I prefer the departures thread - it's simple.