Khallayne

We want Forum Feedback!

As for trading centres, I'd rather make it a section on DC itself, not forums... forums are overcrowded with expired offers... and loads of pages of old offers. it makes me give up very quickly.

This trading area should recognize active transfers/trades and those which already accepted the offer and auto-remove such. It would alos be handy if it had a 'search by speices' etc. feature, so e.g. if you need a ND you simply choose ND as your key and only offers offering ND would appear for you. Same with you have a paper and want to offer it, you pick 'paper' as you key and only offers requesting paper or 'any' would be shown to you.

also ithere could be an option that you just want to make a 'I'm looking for' kind of announcement, so you dont' specify what you give but what you want. If that would be open for adding trade offers directly, it would be helpful.

Also it could have two separate sections for trades and transfers:)

This area should also allow communication between users, but so the person who does the offer can see messages from all interested, but the interested can't see messages from others.

I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be more useful if it was visible how many trade offers there are made for a particular trade and what is offered(but not from whom) for everyone interested in making an offer to a particular trade. E.g. it happens that sb offers two trades of the same kind of egg (e.g cb magma) and it can happen that one trade has 5 offers but the other one has none. It's a kind of a waste.

I'm thinking of a kind of up-to-date automated thing, easy to use, with everyhting shown clear, without expired things, allowing easy exchanges and communication. Without engaging outer sites, also the forums.

This is pretty much what I have mentioned a page ago.

However the auto-remove part would be kinda hard to implement.

I think if people were to move their offers to another forums section like you also mentioned, that would work best.

As for the searching by breed thing, perhaps and upgraded search function on the forums. Or just a straight up search of whatever breed only in the (new) trading section.

The communication part - this is what PM's are for smile.gif

This system of creating a classifieds of sorts have been proven in numerous forums so I see no reason why it cannot be implemented here.

It would really remove the need for all the threads about shimmers, rare hatchings trades etc. and if need be, they can have their own section in this new trading classified where you can post your rare trades or wants. That would keep the rares separate from the common trades and promote more organization.

I personally never saw someone asking for a certain kind of egg for a trade on the TAE LEA thread BUT I did not look at every post either. 99% of the time I used 1 way trade unless it was a dorkface or thuwed and I preferred to see who had taken it. I always took the 1st offer and only asked for a dummy egg. However I have asked please do not kill the egg but if someone did then that is their egg now to do with as they please.

I repeat though I miss the thread, I enjoyed it.

Honestly, I feel like the easiest thing would be to make the Trading section of the DC forums available only to registered forum members, just like the Dragon Request section. If non-members, anonymous users, and guest users are all prevented from accessing the Trading section, I think nearly all of the "theft" problems in threads like TAE LAE would disappear. And for standard trading threads, I don't really like trading with people who don't have a forum account because then I can't PM them to discuss any trade offers if I need to. If you want to access the Trading section of the DC Forums, then join the forums. I don't feel that the Trading section should be visible for non forum members or for forum members who are not logged on at the time.

Edit: I never saw anyone using two way trades in TAE LAE as anything but trades for a dummy. There were a few times when I saw people regift the dummy eggs they received because they were actually nice, but that's just random luck. If you want to offer fast on a two way trade, you grab any random cave blocker egg from the AP and offer it as a dummy. Sometimes, that AP egg turns out to have a gorgeous lineage and sometimes it's an inbred mess. Again, random luck. But I never saw any users accepting a certain offer because they liked the dummy best, just users going "Hey, this dummy egg is actually pretty nice! Anyone want it?" or something along those lines.

Edited by F.ury

I used the TAE LAE thread a few times, strictly to leave an egg for someone else. If the grabber didn't leave an egg, I was never around to notice. If anyone told me I had done it wrong, I didn't see. I use the departure thread more. I generally don't track eggs that leave my scroll, whether I bred them or got something someone else might like with a misclick. I have asked a few times that eggs I left in either thread not be killed, but generally if someone killed an egg from my scroll I wouldn't be aware because I just don't bother to track them.

So many like the TAE LAE thread that I would like to see it come back for those who loved it and would miss it.

I loved TAELAE and hate to see it go. I got a really great silver on there just the other day (I have some silvers, but all are descendants from one I got from another gifting thread and I wanted an unrelated one.) It was a way for me to get prize dragons too without trying to trade. For a casual player like me, trading is very intimidating. Everyone seems to only want specific lineages or tough to get dragons like caveborn coppers.

I always just used one way transfers when I left something. It's actually news to me that people were using it for trade purposes. I never had anyone reject any dummy eggs I left in two-way transfers. Never had any problems.

Honestly, I feel like the easiest thing would be to make the Trading section of the DC forums available only to registered forum members, just like the Dragon Request section.

Because of ONE thread that had problems? And it seems theft wasn't the only problem the thread had.

I understand that some of you guys are very emotional about the thread being closed, but I think having the trading section public is great. In my opinion, there is no reason to shut people out of the entire trading section just because they have no forum account. I currently can't think about any other thread in the trading section that would work better if it was for forum members only.

I used the TAE LAE thread a few times, strictly to leave an egg for someone else. If the grabber didn't leave an egg, I was never around to notice. If anyone told me I had done it wrong, I didn't see. I use the departure thread more. I generally don't track eggs that leave my scroll, whether I bred them or got something someone else might like with a misclick. I have asked a few times that eggs I left in either thread not be killed, but generally if someone killed an egg from my scroll I wouldn't be aware because I just don't bother to track them.

So many like the TAE LAE thread that I would like to see it come back for those who loved it and would miss it.

Yes, I find it very hard to trade for rares as well. I see so many posts like "Have: 2G gold egg, Want: Check my signature" and it turns out they want something ridiculous like 4 dino hatchlings plus an IOU of 6 CB Halloween hatchlings. Unless you've got an incredibly fast connection, you're not going to be able to catch CB Golds and Silvers, and the people who have CB Golds and Silvers tend to make the trade requests for 2G offspring so ridiculous that they are inaccessible for most users. TAE LAE was really the only way for me to get low gen metals; they don't show up that often on the Community Notice Board and they usually go way too fast for me to get any.

I made a thing: http://dcrecords.tj09.net/leaveandtake

You can leave an egg, or you can leave an egg and take one in return.

You are free to use it. You are also free to not use it.

!!!!

This... this is fabulous. xd.png

What a brilliant solution.

Cool smile.gif

I broke it sad.gif I just found a bug wink.gif

I left a hatchie for testing it, but forgot I was egg-locked and couldn't accept the egg I chose. I could cancel my teleport, but the teleport for the egg I didn't take is gone from the list now.

I'm sorry xd.png

That's a step in the right direction. Nice TJ smile.gif

However, somehow I can see people just refreshing that page waiting for someone to post a good egg and never leave an egg in return.

The honesty system was broken after the 1950's left....

Very nice. I'll link to it from the taelae thread

Cool smile.gif

I left a hatchie for testing it, but forgot I was egg-locked and couldn't accept the egg I chose. I could cancel my teleport, but the teleport for the egg I didn't take is gone from the list now.

I'm sorry xd.png

It's fine! I'm pretty sure that was actually my teleport so I'll just put it back without taking anything else.

It's fine! I'm pretty sure that was actually my teleport so I'll just put it back without taking anything else.

Yap, it was xd.png

That's a step in the right direction. Nice TJ smile.gif

However, somehow I can see people just refreshing that page waiting for someone to post a good egg and never leave an egg in return.

The honesty system was broken after the 1950's left....

The page doesn't show you the claim link until you leave something of your own.

As I mentioned above, it's still easy to chat, but there's still at least some checks in place.

Cool smile.gif

I'm sorry xd.png

I could avoid removing the transfer from the list until someone's claimed it, but I don't want multiple people racing for the same transfer.

The page doesn't show you the claim link until you leave something of your own.

As I mentioned above, it's still easy to chat, but there's still at least some checks in place.

Wow, that's embarrassing O_o

It says that on the page too. I over-looked that... my bad

I could avoid removing the transfer from the list until someone's claimed it, but I don't want multiple people racing for the same transfer.

No, I agree that it's best not to have multiple people racing. Maybe post a note at the top warning this can happen so the original gifter can keep an eye on it? Or let the person claiming re-add the transfer if they can't take it for some reason?

EDIT: Or, new idea, maybe give the person five minutes to claim it then have it automatically re-add?

Edited by Ponie

Oooooo: do not breed an egg and immediately place it in leaveandtake. It may get sick from too many views. Had to withdraw one of the eggs I put in. Sorry. sad.gif

Oooooo: do not breed an egg and immediately place it in leaveandtake. It may get sick from too many views. Had to withdraw one of the eggs I put in. Sorry. sad.gif

It no longer gives out views to the eggs on the page.