TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

Wow. that's all I have to say.

This is gonna be really awesome. I'm really excited for almost everything that will be implemented. IDK why, but I'm kinda not fond of the idea of having the locations. I kinda liked having just 1 main page and getting stuff at random. but the plus side is that the more common dragons won't sit forever blocking 2 or 3 of the chances to get a more rare egg all the time..... I guess. but then again I may not like it as much because I'm not too terribly fond of change....

Oooh and while I'm here..... you think you could add another feature to the list? I was going to post this in suggestions, and I still will(when I have time). but now seems like a good idea to at least get this out. Now I'm sure that this has been thought of before, but I think it would be cool to be able to hide specific breeds on your scroll. Like, in the custom sort, there is a list of all the breeds, and you can check a box so when implemented, it will hide all dragons from that specific breed on your scroll. So, you won't see them on your user page, and no one else can see them when they visit your scroll. Now, eggs and unfrozen hatchlings of the hidden breeds wouldn't become "hidden" untill they either grow up or get frozen as hatchlings. And if you want to see the breed again, you would just uncheck the box.

lol brain rambledump. xd.png so sorry for that..... that's been in my head for awhile now.... sooo..... yeah. >___<;;

EDIT: oh yeah I totally forgot to say that I'm pretty psyched about ther rare x rare breeding. I've always wanted a silver egg from a female x male silver. I think a lineage with all silvers would be soooo pretty!!! 83

Edited by Rpuppyluvr0203

About refusals - if a refusal was caused by an attempted rare v rare breeding, the dragons won't be removed from the breeding lists, will they?

This is gonna be really awesome. I'm really excited for almost everything that will be implemented. IDK why, but I'm kinda not fond of the idea of having the locations. I kinda liked having just 1 main page and getting stuff at random. but the plus side is that the more common dragons won't sit forever blocking 2 or 3 of the chances to get a more rare egg all the time..... I guess. but then again I may not like it as much because I'm not too terribly fond of change....

Yay someone thinks the same thing me :3

The message "the dragons show no interest in eachother" is different than a refusal correct?

That is correct. A refusal is only when the dragons refuse to go near each other.

Once a pair has refused, it will cease to show up on the breeding page.

What does this mean?

Once a refusal (refuse to go near each other), always a refusal. This change will just make it so the dragons that have refused will not show up on each other's list of available dragons to breed with.

Once a refusal (refuse to go near each other), always a refusal. This change will just make it so the dragons that have refused will not show up on each other's list of available dragons to breed with.

Except for rare v rare, which will no longer refuse each other (mostly).

Last I heard, it was "one or the other", not "Teleport or nothing".

Though since Teleport is obviously coming, it's a moot point anyway.

Actualy, from the Teliport BSA thread, 2nd post.

AP trading is just a glitch that TJ was wanting to take out anyway, whether or not he implemented teleport.

So the likelihood is that the cave either gets no trading system whatsoever, or the cave gets teleport.

anyone have a clue about when these will take affect?

TJ mentioned in the chat that these changes probably won't all be released at once and some are already being tested. Not terribly conclusive, but hopefully it means we will see some pretty soon, even if others get hung up in development. Other than that, no time frame has been specified as far as I know.

I'm a little concerned about refusals not showing up on the breeding options. There are a *lot* of times when people post in the Help threads wondering why a tried-and-true pair suddenly refused. It just happened today with Mints! I'm a little concerned that bugs like that will be harder to fix because the "not showing on breeding options" will have to be reversed as well.

I have a question, forgive me if its been asked already..

What about new releases? Will the eggs from the new releases show up in ALL of the special area locations until its revealed what type of dragon they are?

Oh, wow. This is exciting. :3 Thanks for the update, TJ! Now, we just have to wait for things to happen. I'm pretty curious about this beach and jungle things. ^.^

I have a question, forgive me if its been asked already..

What about new releases? Will the eggs from the new releases show up in ALL of the special area locations until its revealed what type of dragon they are?

you know, that's a good question. I actually was thinking that myself. I think that for new releases, TJ would have to release the eggs in all the regions. If he didn't, it could clue us into what type of dragon the eggs would grow up to be. I hope that this doesn't happen, because to me it would majorly take away from the surprise factor. but that's just me. smile.gif

you know, that's a good question. I actually was thinking that myself. I think that for new releases, TJ would have to release the eggs in all the regions. If he didn't, it could clue us into what type of dragon the eggs would grow up to be. I hope that this doesn't happen, because to me it would majorly take away from the surprise factor. but that's just me. smile.gif

And what would happen to the "Main Cave" ?

would there only be a "main cave" when there are new releases and all other times stay as separate locations?

or as my previous statement of having new releases in all regions.

o.O

Ok, i know i might sound stupid, maybe i am lol

What is the meaning of this?

Egg/Hatchling Limits

* Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

* With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

* Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

* Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

I have a gold badge, what does it mean 7eggs/21 total? 21 total as in what?

Thanks

IIRC, we were planning on having new releases show up everywhere for a few days, then they'd only be found in their location. :3

The main cave will most likely just be the biome map asking where you want to go. :3

IIRC, we were planning on having new releases show up everywhere for a few days, then they'd only be found in their location. :3

The main cave will most likely just be the biome map asking where you want to go. :3

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Makes since now.

.. kind of reminds me of Avadopts.

I would think that the main cave would still be there, and it would be exactly the same. it would still give you random dragons of every type, unlike the specific locations.

Ok, i know i might sound stupid, maybe i am lol

What is the meaning of this?

Egg/Hatchling Limits

* Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

* With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

* Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

* Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

I have a gold badge, what does it mean 7eggs/21 total? 21 total as in what?

Thanks

It sounds like you could have 21 total eggs and hatchlings at a time. Right now it's 5 eggs/9 total, for instance.

I would think that the main cave would still be there, and it would be exactly the same. it would still give you random dragons of every type, unlike the specific locations.

We had also discussed this, but I still don't know exactly what TJ planned. x3