TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

When will this be coming out? April 1st?

No, the April 1st reference was to say that this is not an April Fools joke. There is no date set at this time. Hopefully they will be phased in and not all hit at once because I think the site would crash from everyone trying them all at once! wink.gif

Maybe people with Hollies will get lucky and Teleport won't come into play until the new year? I'm hoping for it sooner rather than later, me, because no one has promised me a Holly, so maybe I'll get a chance to grab one from the AP this way. tongue.gif

And no more LiT!!! Isn't that the important part! biggrin.gif

Also, Fertility. Let's stop griping about Teleport and start cheering for Fertility. This is going to make so many things so much easier! *does a little dance*

And someone not breeding their Holly just because they can only be sure of where more than 1 offspring is going is not petty? That's kind of like saying "I'm not going to donate to people in need because I can't be sure it's going to go to only the needy people I like!"

Just sayin  tongue.gif

I mean yeah it stinks that I can't be sure that all of my Yulebuck & Snow Angel offspring are going to good homes that won't let them die. But I'm not going to hold off breeding them. I find that silly. Again that's just me though

Yeah. ^^ This.

I've been wanting to post about the holly breeding boycott ever since I saw it mentioned in this thread, but I couldn't think of a way to say it that didn't sound jerky. But ayobelle summed up my thoughts pretty well. I'm not whining about what's "fair and what's "not fair". I'm only saying that it seems like a shame for people to completely abstain from breeding such a rare and beautiful dragon simply because they can't control exactly what happens to the eggs. I know, I know. They're your eggs to do what you will with. I just think that the holidays are a time for generosity (except Halloween), not negativity.

I haven't read this whole thread, but this caught my eye. People are going to boycott breeding their Hollys because they can't control who will get the eggs? I'm shocked by this.

I was planning on breeding my Holly and releasing the eggs to the AP, anyway. I don't think being able to get a Holly should be determined by if you happen to know someone who will gift you one. I think it's nice that the game is getting back to making it possible for players to randomly catch something awesome from the AP, instead of having to have 'connections'.

This makes no sense to me. How is a S1 frozen hatchling "that was accomplished merely by low views" different from the "new" S1 frozen hatchlings? A S1 frozen hatchling is a S1 frozen hatchling unless there's something I'm missing?

Alci, the way the system works now, you can freeze a hatchie at S1, but if it already had enough views to gender, it will gender and become an S2 hatchie, after you've frozen it.

The new system means that if you freeze a hatchie at S1, it will remain at S1, regardless of how many views it had.

And the proposed feature allowing one to 'convert' an existing frozen S1 hatchie means that if you were not sure that it might not eventually gender due to views, you can make sure that it won't.

For example, I have an S1 marrow and I will be very disappointed if it genders, but the views aren't low enough for me to be sure. I'm hoping this feature begins soon so that I can apply it to that hatchie and I'll be sure it won't gender.

Edited by nonnymouse

hang on a minute i swear the limit for noobs like me was already 4 and what was this whole 12 thing all about can you have 12 egggs if 8 of them are inbreds or something???

Right NOW...

There are "egg limits" and a "hatchling limits" - it doesn't matter if you are new or an old time player... same limit across the board. With careful timing people of any experience level can end up with a total combination of 9 eggs/hatchlings on their scroll at one time - but it's not easy. Most people usually average a combination of 7 at any given time.

The new limits that are coming will give everyone (new people and old people) the ability to have A LOT MORE eggs/hatchlings on your scroll at one time. Being "egg locked" will also no longer stop you from grabbing hatchlings like it currently does. Depending on the "level" you are at will determine the the number of eggs/hatchlings you can have at any given time. The different "levels" is only based on the the number of adult dragons & frozen hatchlings a person has.. new people start out at the base level and work their way up.

Base (no trophy) level: 4/12 = you can have a maximium of 4 eggs at any given time, but can't have more than 12 eggs/hatchlings total at any given time. so... 4 eggs + 8 hatchlings = 12 , 1 egg + 11 hatchlings = 12, etc.

Bronze trophy level: 5/15 = you can have a maximium of 5 eggs at any given time, but can't have more than 15 eggs/hatchlings total at any given time. so... 5 eggs + 10 hatchlings = 15, 1 egg + 14 hatchlings = 15, etc.

Silver trophy level: 6/18 = you can have a maximium of 6 eggs at any given time, but can't have more than 18 eggs/hatchlings total at any given time. so... 6 eggs + 12 hatchlings = 18, 1 egg + 17 hatchlings = 18, etc.

Gold trophy level: 7/21 = you can have a maximium of 7 eggs at any given time, but can't have more than 21 eggs/hatchlings total at any given time. so... 7 eggs + 14 hatchlings = 21, 1 egg + 20 hatchlings = 21, etc.

I'm apparently missing something here. How would we not be able to determine where our Hollies go? I own a Holly and I plan to breed it this year for a friend of mine. Gifting it to her via Teleport (if its implemented by then). From my understanding with Teleport you can send eggs and hatchlings to their scroll, obviously. Maybe 3 would hit the AP, which still is nice considering there'd be mass breeding from the holly breeders. But you'd at least be able to ensure 1 goes to the right person.

So again, Teleport is helping. Since each holly owner would drop 3~ holly eggs into the AP. Something we saw nothing of last year (or at least very rarely). Which should make people happy that their AP stalking won't be in vain.

All these changes are AWESOME! lol just have to get used to the different sections when it comes in to play See this old dog may learn a new trick or two

edit: spelling

Edited by Merlot

To all of those who still refuse to breed their Hollies in protest: What about those of us who are kind, responsible players, but who haven't kissed up to you or caught your lofty eyes do to our tendency to be shy? Should we just wait several more years until we do (if we do)? It just doesn't seem right that you would deny us just because you don't "know" us. We are just as deserving of a Holly as those you have deigned to send the offspring of your Hollies to, but you would deny us even the chance because we aren't "worthy enough" in your eyes. If that's not monopolization of the Hollies I don't know what is. I'm sorry if I come off as rude (which I probably did), but I'm just frustrated about this whole unfair situation.

this. exactly this. /:

Well I have a few questions.......

Regarding the Biomes... When a new release is going to be dropped are the rest of the biomes going to be closed until the new eggs are done being released and sorted into their proper Biomes? If that's the case then, what would stop that ONE biome from being completely overrun by people until they "had their fill" so to speak? I really like the ideas don't get me wrong....

The vampire idea is awesome. I like the idea that you can continue a lineage with a vampire. It only makes sense to me.....

Another question I have is actually regarding the refusal of breedings section...will that automatically tell you what dragon it has bred with in the past like a spreadsheet or would it be something more along the lines of that particular dragon would no longer be available to breed with that dragon?

Right now I just figure that some idea of what is going to happen and any assumptions out of the way would be best.....But that's my opinon.

Excuse me for being kind of noobish but, what is S1 Freezing?

S1 freezing is freezing a hatchling before it genders and keeping it genderless.

We were told months ago that TJ intended to disable the ability to catch more than 1 egg of a clutch by use of the egg's code. When he coded the Vampires to not be caught when repulsed this way, we were told that he never intended for more than 1 egg of a clutch to be directed by the owner of the parents. This is not new, nor is it connected to Teleport.

Excuse me for being kind of noobish but, what is S1 Freezing?

Ungendered hatchling stage. Now if you freeze a hatchling with many views it can still gender (I think. I only froze 2 papers).

I'm apparently missing something here. How would we not be able to determine where our Hollies go? I own a Holly and I plan to breed it this year for a friend of mine. Gifting it to her via Teleport (if its implemented by then). From my understanding with Teleport you can send eggs and hatchlings to their scroll, obviously. Maybe 3 would hit the AP, which still is nice considering there'd be mass breeding from the holly breeders. But you'd at least be able to ensure 1 goes to the right person.

So again, Teleport is helping. Since each holly owner would drop 3~ holly eggs into the AP. Something we saw nothing of last year (or at least very rarely). Which should make people happy that their AP stalking won't be in vain.

Miroku-kun, some holly breeders aren't satisfied with the possibility of being able to control where one of the eggs goes with 100% certainty. Some holly breeders want to determine where all the eggs go. Despite the fact that we were never supposed to be able to control the fate of multiple multi-clutch eggs; it was just a loophole that is finally being closed.

Well I have a few questions.......

Regarding the Biomes... When a new release is going to be dropped are the rest of the biomes going to be closed until the new eggs are done being released and sorted into their proper Biomes? If that's the case then, what would stop that ONE biome from being completely overrun by people until they "had their fill" so to speak? I really like the ideas don't get me wrong....

The vampire idea is awesome. I like the idea that you can continue a lineage with a vampire. It only makes sense to me.....

Another question I have is actually regarding the refusal of breedings section...will that automatically tell you what dragon it has bred with in the past like a spreadsheet or would it be something more along the lines of that particular dragon would no longer be available to breed with that dragon?

Right now I just figure that some idea of what is going to happen and any assumptions out of the way would be best.....But that's my opinon.

I don't know, but I expect:

biomes: during mass drops, either all biomes will drop the mass eggs or only 1 biome will be dropping.

refusals: right now, if a dragon mates successfully with a particular mate, that mate shows at the top of the list of prospective mates in future mating attempts. When this is implemented, any refusals will in future not appear on the list of prospective mates at all.

Thanks for the answers! smile.gif Another question is:Why is everybody talking about Holly dragons?

Their extreme rarity makes them special, and some people would prefer to choose receivers to make sure they can appreciate them.

Their extreme rarity makes them special, and some people would prefer to choose receivers to make sure they can appreciate them.

Ok. I get it now! smile.gif Thank you!

I don't know, but I expect:

biomes: during mass drops, either all biomes will drop the mass eggs or only 1 biome will be dropping.

refusals: right now, if a dragon mates successfully with a particular mate, that mate shows at the top of the list of prospective mates in future mating attempts. When this is implemented, any refusals will in future not appear on the list of prospective mates at all.

Ok that makes sense if that is how it is being implimented. Thank you for the possible answer!

Heck yes. Looking forward to the Vampire lineages. I'd like to see where some of those minions have escaped to. >:D

No, the April 1st reference was to say that this is not an April Fools joke. There is no date set at this time. Hopefully they will be phased in and not all hit at once because I think the site would crash from everyone trying them all at once! wink.gif

Okay, thanks, and yes, they should be phased in, so that the site doesn't crash.

I know everyone is all excited about Teleport and such, but I think my favorite in this list is the S1 freezing. I've been asking for that forEVER. I'm already making a list of dragons I'm going to collect when we get the ability.

I think the changes to the egg/hatchie limits are going to be totally awesome, too. I don't know if I'll actually grab many more then usual, because really, I know I probably won't be able to keep an eye on 8 hatchies properly. But it's so awesome anyways!

For me I decided to give my Holly eggs to people who are known to be kind and giving to others, who helped new people. And with the new Teleport this would be impossible. In fact for it it is af if the precious eggs were simply dumped off. And I don´t want that to happen.

This is not about not wanting to give eggs to others, this is about the way it is being done.

And teleport would NOT prevent you from gifting to people you want to gift to.

Keep in mind, AP trading is a GLITCH. Auto-abandon of the extra eggs of multi-egg clutches was supposed to work in a fashion similar to how vampire egg repulses do. You were only ever supposed to choose and keep ONE egg from a multi-clutch. The "extra" eggs are supposed to be auto-abandoned to the masses and NOT targeted to other people via knowing the code.

You dictate/gift where one of your "special" eggs goes as you see fit.. the extras of a multi-clutch were never yours to dictate/gift.

Miroku-kun, some holly breeders aren't satisfied with the possibility of being able to control where one of the eggs goes with 100% certainty.  Some holly breeders want to determine where all the eggs go.  Despite the fact that we were never supposed to be able to control the fate of multiple multi-clutch eggs; it was just a loophole that is finally being closed.

There's no guarantee that without teleport any of your eggs will get to the appointed person. People can snipe trades pretty easily, especially if it's a Holly. Just stalk a Holly until it breeds, then stalk one of it's eggs.