TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

YAY! I can't believe I didn't see this until now. Thanks a bunch, TJ.

Does Teleport mean that AP trading will be disabled?

How could it be disabled? It's just timing things right, nothing special.

How are so many people against Teleport? huh.gif

Love the sound of these changes ohmy.gif can't wait until their added

Yes, TJ said that he would eliminate AP trading as it was a glitch, even if Teleport was refused by users. So, it's better than having no trade system.

Yep, AP trading will be disabled.

@hpluvr: For the most part, because they can't AP trade anymore. AP trading's just a big loophole which TJ left open for us as a means of trade. Now that we have an actual system for trading, the loophole will be closed. He can disable catching eggs from the direct /abandoned/CODE link, I think.

Yes, TJ said that he would eliminate AP trading as it was a glitch, even if Teleport was refused by users. So, it's better than having no trade system.

To me this makes trading even better. We can still have a trading thread except, of course, without the fear that the trade(s) will be interrupted or eggs/hatchies lost. If anything I think it would bring a boom of trading. And, of course, the increased egg/hatchie limits is awesome. Mine would be six eggs or total 18 eggs/hatchies combo. That will be very nice not to be scroll locked quite as often.

I'll be able to get seven eggs at the same time - I can't wait! But I'm sure I'll manage to lock myself hopelessly all the same xd.png

I have 11 adult magis and 4 eggs atm - my goal is to get at least 20 adults within two weeks. Am I going to make it? unsure.gif

How are so many people against Teleport? huh.gif

Not a clue; I've been waiting for it forever now. I have better luck catching stuff then my friend so I might as well share the love!

Not a clue; I've been waiting for it forever now. I have better luck catching stuff then my friend so I might as well share the love!

It was said by a reliable source in chat that, in order to disable catching by the "abandoned" link, abandoned eggs will be given a randomized 64-digit string at the end of their "abandoned" url instead of their 4-digit code. Hope that answers the question.

Edited by TieDyeOblivion

will FFA's still work in the trades channel on the IRC? I like those.... But it still sounds awesome 8D can't wait.

I think these changes are great all around.

The abandoned page will be fun, because people will actually have a fair (as much as internet-reliability and speed is fair) chance at catching eggs there without wondering or worrying if it's a trade.

AND people can still trade. Sure, you now can only trade eggs that you actually have, but that's not a huge deal. Multi egg clutches now only exist for holiday dragons anyway, and since all but one will automatically go to the AP, this realistically gives more people a chance to get one - so less of a need for trades anyway.

I'm SO hoping (pretty-please!!!) we get the expanded scroll !!!soon!!!, get to keep a main-type Cave with all types appearing - and Teleport AFTER Christmas...

And I hope we can all survive the glitching typically following recoding, lol.

*has LOTS of sympathy for the one coping with all the coding/glitching/improving/fixing involved in this miracle package - eeeek!*

More eggs if you have a trophy -> unfair to new users. Four eggs is OK.

I don´t think it´s unfair. The more experianced you are the more dragons you can raise at one time.

You earn those eggspots!

will FFA's still work in the trades channel on the IRC? I like those.... But it still sounds awesome 8D can't wait.

TJ has said that FFAs will be supported by the new transfer system. Using Teleport will give you a link that will allow whoever you send it to to claim the egg directly from your scroll, and if you send that link to multiple people, they can race to claim it first the same as always. If you don't want to use Teleport, you can still have your potential recipients wait on the abandoned page to pick up the egg that way. happy.gif

Edited by TieDyeOblivion

I wonder if there will be a forest biome and that's where leetle trees will be. hmmmmmm

I'd like the extended hatchi and egg limit first as well.

I'm not sure how to code those features but it sounds much easier to code as the biome thing for example.

I LOVE the new sneak peeks. What I'm most curious about is to be seeing the biomes, and trying to remember where each dragon is. =D

But one question: On the new dragon releases (like the Christmas one coming up) where would they be? Would they all show up into all the biomes, or just one that they're specified for?

If this was a repeating question, I'm sorry. Tried to read through some pages. =P